Author Topic: The Devotionals Thread  (Read 235434 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The Devotionals Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2007, 11:59:39 PM »
Not really a devotional, but here is a quote from Teddy Roosevelt, using a boxing analogy (from the John C. Maxwell's "Leadership 101:  What Every Leader Needs to Know"):

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2007, 12:24:54 AM »
Not really a devotional, but here is a quote from Teddy Roosevelt, using a boxing analogy (from the John C. Maxwell's "Leadership 101:  What Every Leader Needs to Know"):

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

:)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2007, 11:58:07 PM »
On Understanding

"When you study an object or a creature, you tend to treat it as something separate, cut off from the whole. But how can you hope to understand something when you isolate it in this way? You will only really know beings and things if you relate them to each other and understand how life circulates between them. The universe is an edifice, and one of its best representations is the geometrical figure of the pyramid, with God, creator and giver of life, as the summit. Every creature and every object has its place, and if you are to know one of them you must be able to situate it within the cosmic edifice. You will observe how it vibrates in harmony with the edifice, how it helps to maintain it and participates in universal life. "

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2007, 10:55:58 AM »
MEDITATING ON GOD'S CHARACTER (by J.M. Farro)

"It is good...to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night."  Psalm 92:1-2 NKJV

I know what it's like to go through dark times, and to be so fearful that it's hard to pray.  But I've also learned how eager and able our God is to comfort and strengthen us during our difficult times.  I've discovered that one of the ways we can tap into His supernatural power and peace is to meditate on His character.  And this is something that greatly pleases the Lord, because He told the prophet Jeremiah:  "Let him who glories glory in this: that he understands and knows Me [personally and practically, directly discerning and recognizing My character], that I am the Lord." (Jeremiah 9:24 AMP)  Meditating on Scriptures that speak of God's character can give us deeper insights into His divine nature that will enable us to know Him more intimately, and to trust Him more fully, even in desperate times.

I remember seeing a war movie years ago that depicted a soldier running through a field in the heat of battle declaring, "God is love!  God is love! God is love!" (1 John 4:16)  This man was recalling the truth about God's character, as recorded in 1 John 4:16 (NLT), which says:  "We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in His love.  God is love."  Under intense pressure, and surrounded by danger, instead of feeling sorry for himself, or giving in to his fears, this soldier chooses to trust in God's love for him.  And he is one of the few who emerges unscathed from the battle.  We can learn a lesson from this man's example.  When we are in a tense situation, we can listen to our own inner voices of doubt and disbelief--and those of Satan and his dark forces--or we can silence them by declaring, "God is love, and God loves me!"  Engaging in this kind of spiritual warfare will enable us to gain the victory that the Lord has in store for us.

When my husband, Joe, had a heart attack last year, meditating on God's goodness gave me great comfort.  As I sat in a hospital waiting room, awaiting some news of my husband's condition, I reminded myself of the verse which says:  "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in Him." (Nahum 1:7 NIV)  Over and over I said to myself, "The Lord is good."  My situation certainly wasn't good, but I wasn't focusing on my situation--I was focusing on my God.  I could have easily fixed my mind and heart on the disturbing sights and sounds that surrounded me.  Instead, I chose to go deeper, and to remind myself of the truth--that God is a good God.  And because He's a good God, He has promised to work all things together for my good. (Romans 8:28)  Whenever my circumstances tempt me to despair, I declare, "God is good, and He'll work this out for my good!"  I may not believe it the first few times I say it, but if I keep it up, my faith eventually hooks up with my words, and they become planted in my heart.  That's when true peace comes.

Out of all of God's divine attributes, I'd have to say that I meditate most on His faithfulness.  This is probably because I've memorized and claimed hundreds of God's promises over the years, and I really count on Him to be true to His Word.  I often confess Hebrews 10:23 (AMP), which says:  "He Who promised is reliable (sure) and faithful to His word."  Lately, I've been feeling like the Lord wants me to get more serious about claiming His promises for my financial situation.  So I often say out loud, "The Lord has declared that He will grant me abundant prosperity--and He who promised is faithful!" (Deuteronomy 28:11 NIV)  Doing this shifts my focus from my pressing needs to my all-sufficient Provider.  Suddenly, I'm filled with a fresh sense of hope, and I'm able to keep my expectations high, which is essential to receiving God's best.

Scripture says:  "It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night." (Psalm 92:1-2 NKJV)  Let us follow the psalmist's example--and begin declaring God's flawless and glorious attributes day and night!

Lord, I long to know You better, so I ask You to teach me how to meditate on Your divine character.  Fill me with a love for Your Word, and help me to absorb and apply its life-changing truths.  Thank You for the revelation from heaven that will draw me ever closer to You!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2007, 05:39:44 PM »
On Pilgrimages

"Certain places on earth are considered to be holy, having been inhabited by saints and initiates sometime in the past. Thousands of people make pilgrimages to these sites, hoping to find something of the spirit that once lived there, but often the spirit has gone elsewhere. This is not to say you shouldn’t visit holy places. No, visit them, but be aware that they should serve above all as an incentive for you to find the one place that is truly holy, which is within you. Until you find this place within you, you can visit every holy place on earth and you will find nothing. You will remain just as impoverished, empty and dissatisfied as ever. You must work to create certain vibrations within you, so that wherever you go you will sense that you are in communion with all the great spirits that have incarnated on earth, and you will be nourished by their wisdom and love."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2007, 10:49:16 AM »
I bow my knees before your throne
I know my life is not my own
I offer up this song of praise
To bring you pleasure, Lord

I seek the Giver not the gift
My own wish is to lift
You high above all earthly kings

Allelujah
Allelujah
Allelujah
Glory to the King!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2007, 07:08:07 AM »
 :)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2007, 07:09:40 AM »
On Concentration

"Concentration is an accumulation of forces and materials within a given space, with regard to a certain work, a future creation, and it manifests first of all as a limitation. Even God limited himself in order to create the world, which is expressed symbolically in this verse from the book of Proverbs: ‘…when he drew a circle on the face of the deep...’ Concentration is necessary for formation; we cannot create anything without first gathering elements and uniting them.

At a higher level, we can say that a brotherhood between men and women can also be called a form of concentration. It actually represents the highest expression of spirituality, for here the elements are souls which come together around an idea and collaborate in its realization. In a spiritual brotherhood, people are the elements that unite in order to realize the highest ideal: the kingdom of God on earth."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2007, 09:11:08 AM »
On Psychic Transformation

"People’s lives, their spiritual development and evolution, are based on their power to transform both physical and psychic matter. Nutrition offers us the most instructive example. How can we help but be amazed by all the complex and subtle processes that take place from the moment we put a piece of bread or fruit in our mouth until the quintessence of these nutrients enters our blood to become vitality, thought, feeling, inspiration?"

"We can also transform everything on the psychic plane, and this goes even further… Yes, save for exceptional cases, the physical organism cannot absorb just any substance, and we must always remove something from it or add something to it. But on the psychic plane everything can be absorbed and transformed, not only the raw energies we carry within us in the form of passions and vices but the poisons that come to us from the outside."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2007, 09:14:04 AM »
On Human Weakness

"Human beings are weak, it is true, but the reason they are so weak is that they have come to think of their weakness as natural, as part of who they are. This is even the favourite theme of moral and religious teachings: human nature is weak and sinful. In reality, humans are not so weak, but they are certainly lazy! They refuse to take themselves in hand and instead give way to all their selfish, aggressive impulses. Then, of course, they cannot help but see their failures. You are not weak, and you will see that this is so if you make a habit of facing your difficulties. If you run from them, they become insurmountable, and you then have good reason to cry about your weaknesses. But if you decide to confront your difficulties, your efforts will seem easier and easier. What is a true spiritualist? It is someone who surmounts his obstacles and, by means of them, soars higher and further."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2007, 11:57:03 PM »
On Evolution And Gradations Within The Kingdom

"Stones, plants, animals and man: such great progress between one kingdom of nature and the next! What differentiates plants from stones is their vitality; what differentiates animals from plants is their sensitivity, and, although animals have a certain form of intelligence, humans have so much more! Each kingdom marks an advance in evolution. And within the human species we find the same gradations: from the savage to genius, to saint, to initiate – what progress, what an ascent! And even if we consider ordinary men and women, some are more primitive and coarse, because they allow themselves to be guided by their instincts and desires, while others are more enlightened and evolved, because they have begun to master themselves and to turn their gaze towards a higher world."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2007, 05:49:15 PM »
On Lies, and Deceptions

"It is easy to deceive humans. They are so credulous and have so little discernment that the first reasonably clever person to come along can do practically whatever he likes with them. Yes, unfortunately this is how it is. People can always be taken in, especially with lies, as they tend to prefer lies. If you tell them the truth, they will surely doubt it, but with lies and cunning you will almost always achieve your ends.  But we are not here on earth to conduct our affairs by pulling the wool over people’s eyes. One day we will have to account for our actions before the great cosmic laws, and they cannot be deceived! So think about these laws instead of fooling the gullible. Yes, remember that all your actions are recorded, weighed and examined, and you will have to answer for them one day. You will perhaps gain something by deceiving the ignorant, but is this worth losing an entire heavenly kingdom for?"

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2007, 09:46:15 AM »
Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Bump.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2007, 09:47:16 AM »
This is an incredible testimony.  If you are willing to listen for 40 minutes, it will be well worth your time.   :)

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Focus_on_the_Family/archives.asp?bcd=2006-11-16

Bump.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2007, 12:52:26 AM »
On the Kingdom of God

"Do not wait until life forsakes you to realize what you have lost by running after money, success, pleasure or power. Ask only one thing of heaven: that it give you life, not longevity so much as the sense that you belong to cosmic life, to the life of the universe, of the stars.  Although it is outside of us, divine life is also within us, and there are beings on earth, although very few, who have come to understand the importance and beauty of this life. Why not decide to participate in their work? If you are looking for true life, God will show you where to find these beings, so they can help you and bear you along with them. Then, even in the midst of the greatest difficulties, you will never feel really alone."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2007, 09:54:26 AM »
MEDITATING ON GOD'S CHARACTER (by J.M. Farro)

"It is good...to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night."  Psalm 92:1-2 NKJV

I know what it's like to go through dark times, and to be so fearful that it's hard to pray.  But I've also learned how eager and able our God is to comfort and strengthen us during our difficult times.  I've discovered that one of the ways we can tap into His supernatural power and peace is to meditate on His character.  And this is something that greatly pleases the Lord, because He told the prophet Jeremiah:  "Let him who glories glory in this: that he understands and knows Me [personally and practically, directly discerning and recognizing My character], that I am the Lord." (Jeremiah 9:24 AMP)  Meditating on Scriptures that speak of God's character can give us deeper insights into His divine nature that will enable us to know Him more intimately, and to trust Him more fully, even in desperate times.

I remember seeing a war movie years ago that depicted a soldier running through a field in the heat of battle declaring, "God is love!  God is love! God is love!" (1 John 4:16)  This man was recalling the truth about God's character, as recorded in 1 John 4:16 (NLT), which says:  "We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in His love.  God is love."  Under intense pressure, and surrounded by danger, instead of feeling sorry for himself, or giving in to his fears, this soldier chooses to trust in God's love for him.  And he is one of the few who emerges unscathed from the battle.  We can learn a lesson from this man's example.  When we are in a tense situation, we can listen to our own inner voices of doubt and disbelief--and those of Satan and his dark forces--or we can silence them by declaring, "God is love, and God loves me!"  Engaging in this kind of spiritual warfare will enable us to gain the victory that the Lord has in store for us.

When my husband, Joe, had a heart attack last year, meditating on God's goodness gave me great comfort.  As I sat in a hospital waiting room, awaiting some news of my husband's condition, I reminded myself of the verse which says:  "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in Him." (Nahum 1:7 NIV)  Over and over I said to myself, "The Lord is good."  My situation certainly wasn't good, but I wasn't focusing on my situation--I was focusing on my God.  I could have easily fixed my mind and heart on the disturbing sights and sounds that surrounded me.  Instead, I chose to go deeper, and to remind myself of the truth--that God is a good God.  And because He's a good God, He has promised to work all things together for my good. (Romans 8:28)  Whenever my circumstances tempt me to despair, I declare, "God is good, and He'll work this out for my good!"  I may not believe it the first few times I say it, but if I keep it up, my faith eventually hooks up with my words, and they become planted in my heart.  That's when true peace comes.

Out of all of God's divine attributes, I'd have to say that I meditate most on His faithfulness.  This is probably because I've memorized and claimed hundreds of God's promises over the years, and I really count on Him to be true to His Word.  I often confess Hebrews 10:23 (AMP), which says:  "He Who promised is reliable (sure) and faithful to His word."  Lately, I've been feeling like the Lord wants me to get more serious about claiming His promises for my financial situation.  So I often say out loud, "The Lord has declared that He will grant me abundant prosperity--and He who promised is faithful!" (Deuteronomy 28:11 NIV)  Doing this shifts my focus from my pressing needs to my all-sufficient Provider.  Suddenly, I'm filled with a fresh sense of hope, and I'm able to keep my expectations high, which is essential to receiving God's best.

Scripture says:  "It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night." (Psalm 92:1-2 NKJV)  Let us follow the psalmist's example--and begin declaring God's flawless and glorious attributes day and night!

Lord, I long to know You better, so I ask You to teach me how to meditate on Your divine character.  Fill me with a love for Your Word, and help me to absorb and apply its life-changing truths.  Thank You for the revelation from heaven that will draw me ever closer to You!

bump

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »
On Looking Within

"Why do human beings always look outside themselves for something they could find within? Outside themselves they find only ways to act on matter, not on their psychic life, which would allow them to live at last in peace, harmony and light. When necessary, external remedies can be effective for people’s physical health, but where their psychic life is concerned they will only find the resources within themselves, in their soul and spirit.

Disciples of an initiatic teaching know that when God created man he placed centres and organs in him which on the subtle planes are the equivalent of his physical organs. But for the most part, humans use them so rarely that they are like machines that have long sat idle and are jammed, rusted and covered in dust and spiders’ webs. Our every effort must now go to starting them up again, and this is the purpose of meditation, prayer and all of our spiritual exercises."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2007, 11:46:22 PM »
I bow my knees before your throne
I know my life is not my own
I offer up this song of praise

I seek the Giver not the gift
My own wish is to lift
You high above all earthly kings

Allelujah
Allelujah
Allelujah
Glory to the King!

bump

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2007, 10:29:26 PM »
On Paving the Way for the Lord

"Even among believers, there are many who wonder why God does not come to their aid in their suffering and misfortune. It is because they have erected too many barriers between themselves and God, too many false ideas. So, naturally they have the impression that God is distant and inaccessible, that he neither hears them nor responds to them. The devil, however, who is close by, hears them and is able to grant their requests. Try taking a poll, and see if people don’t think along these lines: ‘This God we have pleaded with for ages is inaccessible, deaf, fast asleep, whereas the devil is wide awake, and as soon as we call him he comes.’ Of course he does, since by their way of life they endlessly open doors to him and close them to the Lord. In reality, no one is as close to us as the Lord. No one loves us and wants to help us as much as he does. It is up to us to rid ourselves of everything that prevents this love from reaching us."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2007, 07:28:16 AM »
On Balancing Technological Progress with Spiritual Progress

"No one can deny that technical progress is a good thing, but because it concerns the material plane exclusively it exposes humanity to great dangers. And I am not even speaking of weapons, which are becoming more and more destructive. I am speaking of other dangers such as carelessness, laziness, passivity and loss of will. People will say: ‘But should we give up all this progress, then?’ No, but, instead of abandoning themselves to an easy life with the idea that these discoveries and innovations will solve all their problems, human beings must restore their equilibrium by means of their spiritual activity. Such activity will allow them to continue to develop and grow stronger. Instead of extinguishing the spirit, all material progress must encourage them to rekindle the spiritual flame within them. This demands vigilance, or else the very progress that should enable them to blossom spiritually will eventually destroy them."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2007, 11:39:22 PM »
On Restoring Balance Within The Self

"Human beings need to be in harmony with themselves, but in reality they are continually caught up in contradictions. Even if they are filled with magnificent aspirations, other forces within them compel them to commit acts they will then regret and be ashamed of. This situation tears them apart inwardly and eventually destroys them.   

We must all aspire to the unity demonstrated by the solar system. The sun is in the centre, and all the planets revolve around it. Not one of them strays from the trajectory traced for it by cosmic Intelligence. We must realize this same unity within ourselves. This requires a veritable apprenticeship in how to live, think and feel, so that all the particles that make up our physical and psychic being revolve around this inner sun which is our divine Self, our spirit."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2007, 12:35:43 AM »
On Establishing The Kingdom of God on Earth

"The kingdom of God has been established on high since the creation of the world. We must now make it a reality here on earth among humans, by learning to manifest the divine virtues.  All the great masters and initiates know they have come to earth to work for the realization of the kingdom of God. This means that the spiritual teachings which encourage us to abandon the earth, claiming that it is a vale of tears and that our true homeland is elsewhere, do not conform to God’s plans. According to what we know and what the great initiates have taught us, it is God’s will and plan that we establish his kingdom on earth. Man must work on matter, making it sensitive and subtle, so that it can vibrate in harmony with the world of the spirit."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2007, 07:25:36 AM »
DO THE RIGHT THING

"Do the right thing.  Do it because it's right.  Do it right."

When my husband's company decided to move across the country, Joe and I decided not to move with them.  Many employees were bitter about the move.  Some felt obligated to go with the company, and were resentful about being separated from family and friends.  Others felt that moving was not an option for them, and were indignant about being left behind.  My husband had a totally different attitude.  Even though he elected not to move with his company, he cheerfully and wholeheartedly got busy helping with the move.  As soon as he did, some of his coworkers began questioning him.  "Why are you helping with this move?  You're being left behind!"  Some even eyed him suspiciously, asking, "What's in it for you?"  Joe would just smile and say that he was doing it simply because he believed it was the right thing to do.

Years ago, I heard a godly man say:  "Do the right thing.  Do it because it's right.  Do it right."  I have thought about this man's message many times over the years, and I have even posted his words of wisdom on my kitchen refrigerator for everyone to see.  No doubt, my husband's attitude toward his company's move was influenced by these powerful principles.  As Joe made up his mind to do what he thought was the right thing in a difficult situation, he became downright joyful.  And this is actually scriptural, because the Bible says, "You're one happy man when you do what's right, one happy woman when you form the habit of justice." (Psalm 106:3 MSG)  While my husband was surrounded by sour faces, he was able to wear a smile.  Don't you think that made him a more effective witness for Christ?  You bet it did.  And he was honoring the Lord with his attitude and actions.  As Proverbs says:  "To do right honors God; to sin is to despise Him." (Proverbs 14:2 TLB)  No matter what we say with our lips, if our conduct isn't right, we are demonstrating a lack of reverence and respect for the Lord, and we are damaging our witness.

Scripture says:  "I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives.  I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve." (Jeremiah 17:9-10 NLT)  My husband had the right motive when he decided to help his company with their move simply because it was the right thing to do.  He wasn't being compensated for it by his company, and he wasn't even getting any special recognition.  But he knew that the Lord saw his heart, and that He would honor his good intentions somehow.  Besides that, Joe has always taken pride in his work, even when he was doing the most menial tasks.  And he has always taken to heart the fact that, "Well-done work has its own reward." (Proverbs 12:14 MSG)

When the Bible talks about performing a job of any kind, it says, "Don't just do the minimum that will get you by.  Do your best." (Colossians 3:23 MSG)  In other words, do the job right.  When Joe set about helping his company move, he threw all his energy into the task, and he did a good job.  As he kept his eyes on the Lord, instead of on his employer or coworkers, he was able to resist the temptation to slack off or to feel sorry for himself.  The rest of this scriptural passage says:  "Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you'll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance.  Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you're serving is Christ.  The sullen servant who does shoddy work will be held responsible.  Being a follower of Jesus doesn't cover up bad work." (Colossians 3:23-25 MSG)

After my husband's company moved away, it was almost a year before he could find another job.  During that time, he suffered a major heart attack, and we faced some serious financial problems.  Would Joe have done things any differently when his company moved, had he known what troubles were up ahead for him?  No.  Because did the right thing, simply because it was the right thing to do, he has had no regrets.  Whatever you are facing today, will you answer God's call to do what is right in His sight?

Lord, please give me the courage, the strength, and the grace I need to do the right thing in every situation and circumstance.  Remind me often that my motives mean everything to You, and that no matter who I'm dealing with, I'm ultimately serving You.  Thank You that as I concentrate on pleasing and glorifying You, I will live a life of satisfaction, fulfillment, and purpose!

From J.M. Farro  (www.jmfarro.com)

Bump.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2007, 07:01:08 PM »
On the Rejection of Spiritual & Moral Authority

"It is said in Genesis that God put Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden and forbade them to eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. But they disobeyed and were driven out of paradise. Whenever humans reject all spiritual and moral authority in order to do whatever they please, they unwittingly repeat Adam and Eve’s transgression. Why? Because they occupy a specific place in the universe which corresponds to a particular state of consciousness, and this state does not allow them to know everything or to experience everything with impunity. Although curiosity is one of the driving forces of evolution, humans are not yet ready for certain experiences, and by engaging in them prematurely they expose themselves to great dangers. Symbolically, we can say that before their transgression the first men and women lived in the flowers of the cosmic Tree. Wanting to expand their field of investigation, however, they descended into its roots, where there are certainly many things to discover. But since they were not prepared for these experiences, they also discovered limitation and death."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2007, 06:24:55 PM »
On Activating Human Internal Energy Centres

"If you want a car to run, you have to put petrol in it. When the petrol ignites in the engine, it is transformed into a gaseous element which unleashes energy. It is the energy generated by this transformation that makes motor vehicles run. The same is true for the air we breathe. If we are to extract the maximum energy it contains, we must compress it by holding it in our lungs. While this compression takes place, our organism is at work, activating processes equivalent to ignition and combustion. And, as the air cannot escape, nature opens tiny passages in our organism through which it can circulate. Thanks to this retention, energy contained in the air passes through all of these little channels made especially for it by nature, who says to it: ‘This way… that way…,’ for along its route nature has placed certain subtle centres – the chakras – which can be activated only through contact with this energy."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w