Author Topic: Oregons Beautiful Rivers and Waterfalls  (Read 3755 times)

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
Re: Oregons Beautiful Rivers and Waterfalls
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 02:14:56 PM »
Abiqua Falls

Scotts Mill, OR

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2020, 02:21:57 PM »
Downing Creek Falls

Marion Forks, OR

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2020, 02:28:11 PM »
Painted Hills

Mitchell, OR

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2020, 03:04:35 PM »
Detail of Proxy Falls

Lane County, OR

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2020, 07:34:49 PM »
I'd recommend Eugene or if you can find employment Corvallis. Imagine how much Portland has changed since my wife and I moved here in 1964. Change is good or so I've been told. Sometimes I must disagree.

Seattle has changed a lot in just the past 5 years! I'm very sad that I want to leave. It'll never be the same again though. Once rampant growth takes hold like it has, there's no going back. I can't even afford to live in the same city I work in.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2020, 08:31:38 PM »
Don't believe everything you read or see in the media which very often only provides half the story.

What’s the other half to masked thugs throwing projectiles at Andy Ngo on video and causing him brain damage with no arrests?

What’s the other half to masked thugs disrupting traffic and inciting violence?

Full us in.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »
What’s the other half to masked thugs throwing projectiles at Andy Ngo on video and causing him brain damage with no arrests?

What’s the other half to masked thugs disrupting traffic and inciting violence?

Full us in.

The other half of the two things you mentioned:

Andy Cuong Ngo is an American conservative social media personality and journalist best known for covering street protests in Portland, Oregon. He is editor at large of The Post Millennial, a Canadian conservative news website.  There's always a risk when folks make a point of showing up at hostile demonstrations.

Inciting violence only works when someone else takes the bait and commits acts of violence. Smart people don't drive their cars though demonstrations, they avoid them. The locations of these events are well published mainly to warn people to avoid them.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2020, 06:21:21 PM »
mrratterrierlover.  ;D

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2020, 06:40:55 PM »

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2020, 06:41:28 PM »

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2020, 06:42:39 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2020, 08:02:04 PM »
How is explaining who Andy Ngo is showing me the other side of the story to him being assaulted, on video, and the Portland police making no arrests?  Your own words call it a "hostile demonstration"...so why do the Portland police and mayor allow hostile demonstrations?

And for the second, when Antifa is in the streets blocking traffic, it's not on the driver to be able to know they are there and get around them.  They're in the fucking streets.  The police need to ensure order, which they aren't.

Your "counterpoint" is not countering the point that the police and mayor let this happen.  You're just saying people who hurt and affected by them have blame.

They are allowed because to do otherwise would be in violation of people's First Amendment Rights. To hold a protest or demonstration, one or a group must apply for a permit.  Community members are given the opportunity to safely practice their First Amendment Rights of speech and assembly. One should expect there might be some level of discord - an unfriendly or antagonistic atmosphere, particularly at a political rally.
https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/article/730168.

The Portland Bureau of Transportation issues an advisory, such as this one. Traffic Advisory: Demonstrations downtown may lead to limited road closures Saturday, Aug. 17 https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/article/739695

The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It takes two opposing sides to create civil disruption and violence. How are the police supposed to know who started what?

You're obvious position is that the folks representing Antifa are the instigators. You'd make a lousy cop in this situation because of your prejudice. The Patriot Prayer is a far-right group based in the Portland, Oregon area who orchestrated these rallies and encouraged their supporters to bring weapons. “Everyone should be carrying around guns at all times, especially in our situation,” Gibson explained in a video, posted to Facebook June 30 to promote the event. https://www.opb.org/news/article/joey-gibson-oregon-rally-gun-patriot-prayer-antifa/

And finally, the media plays a big roll as instigators both before these rallies and during them. They are giving the hungry public what it seeks...distraction from their mundane lives and entertainment at the expense of sometimes innocent people.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2020, 02:31:21 AM »