Author Topic: bench press  (Read 1559 times)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
bench press
« on: April 17, 2006, 08:13:53 PM »
is there a difference is types of bench press in competition? like some of the guys who are considered the strongest men of all time Paul Anderson and Bill Kazmire had a bench press of 627 or something like that. What is up with those dudes benching 1000 pounds? is that a different kind of bench press? how can someone bench more than they squat? Paul Anderson did 1206 in squat.

!@#$%

• Getbig III
Re: bench press
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 02:13:36 PM »
is there a difference is types of bench press in competition? like some of the guys who are considered the strongest men of all time Paul Anderson and Bill Kazmire had a bench press of 627 or something like that. What is up with those dudes benching 1000 pounds? is that a different kind of bench press? how can someone bench more than they squat? Paul Anderson did 1206 in squat.

I think it is an improvement in technology: drugs and the shirts they wear now.  A bench press is a bench press, the must touch their shirts and lock out as far as I know.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 04:37:26 PM »
i did over 3,500 lbs on a hydraulic bench press

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 07:59:06 PM »
well squat hasn't really improved. exept for the bench press people from back in the day like kaz and anderson are considered the strongest men ever.