Author Topic: so has ronnie pressed the 250s yet?  (Read 17301 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: so has ronnie pressed the 250s yet?
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 12:23:54 PM »
wow, you got me on that one...maybe if I wasn't actually doing something that required brain activity while posting I would have caught it..

Just what exactly do you do that requires all you brain concentraion? Telephoniste?
just push some weight!

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 12:24:45 PM »
Why wouldn't you just use a barbell or a machine if you are going to go that heavy. It seems so impractical to use dumbbells for such a heavy lift.

Dumbells work better for building mass, pure and simple.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 12:26:53 PM »
Just what exactly do you do that requires all you brain concentraion? Telephoniste?

what exactly is a "telephoniste"?  I'm an engineer..I'm involved in seat comfort and safety...I am lead engineer for the company I work for..
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 12:28:20 PM »
what exactly is a "telephoniste"?  I'm an engineer..I'm involved in seat comfort and safety...I am lead engineer for the company I work for..

Telephone operator.
just push some weight!

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 12:33:45 PM »
Dumbells work better for building mass, pure and simple.

I understand, but it is such a pain in the ass to use dumbbells that heavy.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 12:40:04 PM »
I understand, but it is such a pain in the ass to use dumbbells that heavy.

This is true, and that's exactly why anyone should use them. All the work it takes to move them around, pop them up, etc, only makes you stronger overall.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 12:41:25 PM »
I think you're just asking for trouble with dumbells that heavy..especially going from 200 to 250..
nasser=piece of shit

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 12:49:18 PM »
Dumbbell benches suck ass. Completely useless exercise.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 01:09:06 PM »
well, since in the Unbelievable he does 12 reps with 200 with easy, some years later i think he could do 250, but as someone told the same here, i dont see much benefit on it...It can lead to a lot of trouble with that much weight on dumbels..
 But what a hell, its Ronnie, and the guy isnt human at all!
!

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 02:39:06 PM »
Dumbbell benches suck ass. Completely useless exercise.

Forrest Gump would call you a retard. You have absolutely no clue.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Slick Vic

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 03:17:40 PM »
i remember reading that ronnie was going to attempt to do reps with the 250's, was he able to do this? a clip maybe?
That man is so unreal I'm sure he can press anything!  :o

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 03:35:27 PM »
Yep apparently Ronnie has pressed the 250s

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 03:53:52 PM »
This is true, and that's exactly why anyone should use them. All the work it takes to move them around, pop them up, etc, only makes you stronger overall.

when they get too big it's almost physically impossible to use them effectively. in the unbelievable you could see the 200s were almost clacking into each other, any bigger and he's locked into having his hands a specific distance apart. more than that, the butts would have to be thicker, so they'll stop on his chest a few inches higher than they should which will shorten the range of motion.

its entirely possible ronnie is too strong for dumbbells.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 01:43:53 AM »
if you look at it scientifically, Ronnie pressed toe 200's for 12 reps. Therefore:

200*12 = 200*1.39 = 1RM of 278lbs each dumbbell

with 250's he could get no more than 2, maybe 3 reps
Scouser on Tour

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 09:37:24 AM »
 You have to give Alexxx credit, he is incredibly massive and strong for a natural. If he ever decided to use anything, he would be over 300 pounds in 2 months.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2006, 09:44:49 AM »
Regardless of what Alexxx lifts, at least he has a shot posted, unlike the majority of pussies on this board.
N

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 09:56:47 AM »
Thanks guys! I plan on doing this bodybuilding thing with dignity and go all natural just to spite the drug users!
just push some weight!

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2006, 10:16:13 AM »
when they get too big it's almost physically impossible to use them effectively. in the unbelievable you could see the 200s were almost clacking into each other, any bigger and he's locked into having his hands a specific distance apart. more than that, the butts would have to be thicker, so they'll stop on his chest a few inches higher than they should which will shorten the range of motion.

its entirely possible ronnie is too strong for dumbbells.

noticed that too. Maybe they got to be made with different material (i.e. tungsten, platinum) with greater densities so there is less volume. I'm not a material science engineer so don't ask me what something like that will cost (wish I had such problems).

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
I'm not a metalurgist but I think that would get pretty expensive, plus alot of those metals can actually be brittle so they would tend to crack alot easier than steel would.  I know you can play with the carbon content in steel to manipulate the situation for instance you can heat treat a steel with a high carbon content in order to increase it's streagth but if you tried it with a low carbon content steel it will get very brittle.  Also steel is pretty easy to work with, platnium would probably be the same but you might have to go to a casting shop that works with platnium or tungsten, then you're getting into some cash.  Just building the mold would probably be a few thousand and then to run the parts...well they'd milk ya for all it's worth.  There is something called a "compresion die" that works with very dense steel but they are very expensive to run and maintain.  I think Platnium has a tendency to be very soft...I could be 100% wrong on this and I'm pretty sure tungsten is very brittle....I'll have to look it up...
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2006, 10:42:34 AM »
well I looked up tungsten in the machinery's handbook, 24th edition and I was 100% wrong.  Tunsten is a metal used in high speed cutting tools like drill bits and end mills.  It tends to be pretty easy to work with and obviously it is very strong.  I just scanned it and it does not talk about price but I'd imagine it would be very expensive to manufacture a set of dumbells with this.  Hell, a high quality end mill or drill bit costs an arm and a leg, a dumbbell would be outrageous.  I found nothing on platnium exept a melting point...this leads me to think that it is not used very often in any production capacity.  The book is like 3000 pages so if it ain't in there it ain't anywhere.
nasser=piece of shit

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2006, 06:40:17 PM »
well I looked up tungsten in the machinery's handbook, 24th edition and I was 100% wrong.  Tunsten is a metal used in high speed cutting tools like drill bits and end mills.  It tends to be pretty easy to work with and obviously it is very strong.  I just scanned it and it does not talk about price but I'd imagine it would be very expensive to manufacture a set of dumbells with this.  Hell, a high quality end mill or drill bit costs an arm and a leg, a dumbbell would be outrageous.  I found nothing on platnium exept a melting point...this leads me to think that it is not used very often in any production capacity.  The book is like 3000 pages so if it ain't in there it ain't anywhere.

Cool info. Please post more if you have it.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2006, 05:37:09 AM »
  Cool info. Please post more if you have it.

it gets real technical after that...I don't think it would be practical to try to build a set of dumbbells with this stuff...it would cost an arm and a leg...I don't know much about changing properties of steel to make them denser, I guess you could do it but it's all about maintaining carbon content-at least that's what I think with my limited knowledge of steels and steel processing.  I used to work with stamping dies and one "die shoe" was about 2' x 3' and they weighed about 200lbs, so the dumbbells ronnie used were alot smaller so the density was different so it can be done.  As the carbon content goes up the steel gets alot harder to work with so any molding facility would probably milk ya for that plus if you're gonna have them build a mold-I assume they make the plates with a mold-for a 250 or 300lbs dumbbell how many times are you going to use it to make these?  You'd never make you're mone back.  There are "prototype" facilities that handle short runs but I'd imagine they'd milk ya for that too...
nasser=piece of shit

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2006, 11:52:20 AM »
So what exactly happened between mike tyson and chris cormier?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2006, 11:53:31 AM »
So what exactly happened between mike tyson and chris cormier?

Chris saw Mike Tyson piss and said he wasn't much.  :-\
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 12:04:26 PM »
actually Mike and Chris were on an elevator together..Mike was with a bunch of friends and Chris was alone...Mike slapped Chris hard on the back of the neck and Chris spun around really pissed off and Mike already had his hands up ready to go...Chris just got off the elevator..Later on Rico McClinton asked Mike why he did it and Mike said that one of his friends dared him too...or something like that.
nasser=piece of shit