Author Topic: Would you DIE for your Religion?  (Read 36686 times)

snatch_clean

Re: Would you DIE for your Religion?
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2006, 10:05:17 PM »
You need to post evidence my friend.

I know Greeks and Romans were open about homosexuality but some of the shit you said needs evidence for any credability to be applied to it.

Read Greek Homosexuality by K J Dover. That you don't know greeks were pedos is rather surprising considering your own erudition  ::). Do you know who Ganymede is? Zeus's boy-lover and cup-bearer of the gods whom he kidnapped (or had kidnapped, some say Apollo did the job for dad). LOL. Do I call that another 0wning? You are making it a habit of getting trounced so easily!

In any case the British 12 yr old pregnancy I cannot show any evidence but I do not think you live under a rock. Teenage pregnancy in the west is a problem. In any case I am not going to hunt about in the microfilms to tell you what I know for certain.

manni

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • قراءه هذا يءكد ان كراهيه الاسلام.
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2006, 10:08:11 PM »
I'll investigate, and get back to you :-*

snatch_clean

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2006, 10:14:02 PM »
I'll investigate, and get back to you :-*

Investigate what? Ganymede is a rather well known figure in greek mythology. There is a moon of Jupiter called ganymede. He was a youth abducted by Zeus to serve as the cup-bearer of the gods and his personal lover. The greeks loved their male lovers to be young.  I am laughing at your ignorance!

manni

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2006, 08:33:58 AM »
Investigate what? Ganymede is a rather well known figure in greek mythology. There is a moon of Jupiter called ganymede. He was a youth abducted by Zeus to serve as the cup-bearer of the gods and his personal lover. The greeks loved their male lovers to be young.  I am laughing at your ignorance!

You laugh at me but I applaud your usage of the Wikipedia! Well done!

The point is this is all history with the greeks. muslims still continue to praise muhammad the pedo to this day.

snatch_clean

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2006, 10:58:59 AM »
You laugh at me but I applaud your usage of the Wikipedia! Well done!

The point is this is all history with the greeks. muslims still continue to praise muhammad the pedo to this day.

Is this how you try to wiggle out of a tight spot, by deflecting attention to irrelevant minutea? You are the one who probably went to wikipedia to check out my statements. The fact I dispelled your ignorance which you admitted to in an earlier post (please read your earlier posts where you asked evidence because what I said was news to you). You are are like the cookie thief when caught with his hand in the jar says he was counting the number to see if it none were stolen.

I have read parts of Dover's book for an Ancient Civilizations class (Greek, Mesopotamian, Chinese, IVC and Egypt), although I only read those parts that the professor gave as class handouts. I honestly (not at all sarcastic) assumed you were familiar with Ancient Greek pedo-homosexuality. Your ignorance is on record here.

And my dear fellow, Ganymede is a well known figure in Greek mythology, something that does not need a citation. For instance when I say that centrifugation occurs at Froude # >=1 I don't need to cite that either but you asking for evidence exposes your feeble knowledge.

I almost always cite scholarly references, e.g. the early onset puberty is a well documented in Hrdy's book where better quality of life (food, shelter etc) help reduce the age where women hit puberty. It is a fascinating book, stuff like co-operation and warfare among apes, spontaneous abortion in certain organisms where the female aborts the fetuses if they are female and resources are scarce etc.

Socrates is still praised today when he was a well known pedo. The word lesbian is of greek extraction for the poet who lived on Lesbos and fucked her young students.

Don't argue about the stupidity of Islam with me. It is a stupid religion like all other Abrahamic religions but your own ignorance has already been exposed at least on two different occasions by me.

manni

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2006, 11:30:35 AM »
Man, your usage of big words is fucking pathetic.

I accept what you said about Greek homosexuality, where did I say I didn't? ???

I said it was a part of HISTORY. No one applauds their behaviour, but muhammad is still applauded to this very day.

That is my point against you.

snatch_clean

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2006, 11:50:42 AM »

I accept what you said about Greek homosexuality, where did I say I didn't? ???

Ohh really??

You need to post evidence my friend.

I know Greeks and Romans were open about homosexuality but some of the shit you said needs evidence for any credability to be applied to it.

Which means you did not agree or at least had some doubts as to whether pedophilia was socially acceptable in Ancient Greece. Pedophilia was not considered to be a paraphilia. It was socially acceptable for rich upper class males to young lover boys with whom they discussed art and philosophy.

I say this without guile, that when you start slipping up and know its a lost cause you try to act as though you were in agreement with me all along except for one or two points.

Mohommad isn't celebrated by Muslims as a pedophile. Muslims contend that Mohd was a man of his times and married young girls which was not an offensive practise those days just as it was perfectly normal for the Ancient Greeks to deny women suffrage, for the "founding fathers" to own slaves. Other mitigating factors that Muslims put forth in defence of Mohd pedo activities is that she was post pubescent (which is unlikely because leading a hard life is not conducive to early onset puberty) or that he married her to seal some important diplomatic accord and didn't f**k her until some later date etc. Now don't point out some mistakes in my supposed defense of Mohd as this is what most Muslims say. I never claimed to be an Islamic studies scholar as that would be an utter waste of time. I am merely pointing out that they celebrate him for being the last prophet just as socrates is celebrated for his study of philosophy.

PS: Isn't Oscar Wilde celebrated in England even though he was convicted of sodomy charges against minors?

manni

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2006, 12:21:51 PM »
Right... I wasn't totally clued up on homo-pedo relationships in ancient Greece so I wanted some evidence? Where's the problem?

I didn't disagree, just asked for EVIDENCE.

Then you continue to go off on one. Well done  :-\

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2006, 01:33:45 PM »
 :o I just finished reading this entire thread, ...and I'm appalled ...it was just painful to watch.

Although I am impressed by the surgical precision with which Manni has been repeatedly dispatched.  ;D

Haider, Snatch_clean, ...you guys picking on mental midgets again? tsk tsk. Bullies  >:(

This wasn't an owning, ...it was a MASSACRE!

Don't worry Manni, I got what you need...
w

manni

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2006, 01:45:13 PM »
OK "jag" ::)

Thank "God" I'm not a black lesbian midget with an IQ of 175 from Canada!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2006, 04:13:55 PM »
Thank you jag, thats what I needed to get out of this thread. Manni's persisting idiocy is pretty entertaining actually   8)
follow the arrows

manni

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2006, 04:32:40 PM »

I'm an entertainer 1st, a debater 2nd! :-*

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2006, 04:55:58 PM »
OK "jag" ::)

Thank "God" I'm not a black lesbian midget with an IQ of 175 from Canada!

So now I'm a lesbian midget now?  ::)  {sigh} If nothing else, ...at least your MO is consistent.

Thanks for the additional IQ points though. Truth is, it's only 160, ...but hey I won't object to the other 15
It's kind of ironic that you'd give me extra IQ points, ...especially since I lose so many just reading your posts

I'm an entertainer 1st, a debater 2nd! :-*

Judging by the content of your posts, I would use other words to describe you in those first & 2nd slots.
To be perfectly frank, neither "entertainer" nor "debater" would even make it into the top 10. {LOL}
w

manni

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2006, 05:03:53 PM »
Thanks for the additional IQ points though. Truth is, it's only 160, ...but hey I won't object to the other 15

Fuck me ::) Jags a genius, who would of thought all that intelligence and knowledge would fit in that midget lesbian brain of hers! :-\

You haven't got a IQ of 160, you're just a know it all. Mentioning elavated IQ = no credability

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2006, 05:14:45 PM »
f**k me ::)

HELL NO! ...not if you were the last man on earth!  That's when I'd really turn lesbian for sure!

Jags a genius,

Ya, BFD! IQ doesn't mean you're intelligent, just that you have a greater capacity for intelligence

who would of thought all that intelligence and knowledge would fit in that midget lesbian brain of hers! :-\

You haven't got a IQ of 160, you're just a know it all. Mentioning elavated IQ = no credability

Which probably explains why you were the first to even make mention of it.  8)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2006, 05:18:59 PM »
I think I'm gonna follow Haider's lead, ...and git while the gittin's good,
or this guy will keep me here all evening with nothing but stupid childish insults.

I will leave you with a little present for your booboos though. Don't say I never gave you nuthin'

Ciao!
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2006, 05:44:29 PM »
I think I'm gonna follow Haider's lead, ...and git while the gittin's good,
or this guy will keep me here all evening with nothing but stupid childish insults.

I will leave you with a little present for your booboos though. Don't say I never gave you nuthin'

Ciao!

Oooooooooooohhhh.... I like those. Where can I get some?  :) :) :)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2006, 05:43:31 PM »
Personally I wouldn't die for my religion.  i would die for God.  My stance is that there is no real "right" religion.  I was raised Catholic, but I have found that I agree with things from other religions as well.  I have yet to be convinced that any single religion is correct.  After all, religion was created by man, through his intreprations and needs, thus it is fallible.  just my opinion.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2006, 06:31:18 PM »
Thats what he did bro and they crucified Him.....

but he's god..even if they crisify him he's afraid of a little pain?
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2006, 06:33:19 PM »
Anyone who wouldnt simply doesnt have enough faith.. And Im not talking abt whackos killing innocent people either. What Im saying is more a long the lines of what Colossus said, and fighting for a good cause.

line between wacko and good cause = definition of good cause...

the 911 fuckers thought twas a great cause!
carpe` vaginum!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2006, 07:02:20 PM »
line between wacko and good cause = definition of good cause...

the 911 fuckers thought twas a great cause!

And if Bin Laden believe the crap he was spewing he would of sacrificed himself.

Just another example of those who twist the word of God to suit their own evil agendas.  >:(

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2006, 05:37:51 PM »
And if Bin Laden believe the crap he was spewing he would of sacrificed himself.

Just another example of those who twist the word of God to suit their own evil agendas.  >:(

Playing devils advocate here....Osama is the leader. Meaning his worth is more than that of self sacrifice. He is the leader and organizer and he would serve Allah better being alive than dead. Osama's existence is far from posh..Living in caves.

OneBigMan

« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2006, 01:23:54 PM »
This topic caught my attention.

I have to be honest and seriously say that I am willing to spill my blood and receive death for my religion, for Jesus, and for the HolyGod that I believe in.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2006, 01:43:18 PM »
This topic caught my attention.

I have to be honest and seriously say that I am willing to spill my blood and receive death for my religion, for Jesus, and for the HolyGod that I believe in.

funny i thought the bible had a problem with gays....i will check into it again though i may have misread.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2006, 02:35:12 PM »
Gays are accepted in the United Church of Canada and can even be ministers.
So I see no problem with being a gay christian.
Z