Author Topic: Ahmaud Arbery - Discussion  (Read 58044 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Ahmaud Arbery - Discussion
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »
Is this shit still going on?

Seems to have died down faster than the "Michael Brown" business.

Probably the media did some background checking and realized this is not a guy they want to get behind.

I read his brother and cousin are criminals too. Standard ghetto cans.

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2020, 08:03:16 PM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2020, 11:09:06 AM »
Georgia police department at center of Arbery murder investigation has disturbing past filled with scandals, corruption

The Georgia police department at the center of the Ahmaud Arbery murder investigation has been marred by scandals and claims of corruption for years, including allegations that detectives tampered with evidence, lied to prosecutors and retaliated against whistleblowers.

In fact, the charges against the Glynn County Police Department are so severe that the Georgia General Assembly is considering letting voters decide whether to disband the department altogether.

The PD's sketchy track record has come under national scrutiny after the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was asked to intervene in Arbery's case more than 2 1/2 months after local authorities largely looked the other way. Within 48 hours of the GBI getting involved, law enforcement had arrested former police officer Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son Travis McMichael, 34. They were charged with felony murder and aggravated assault.

One area resident told Fox News the allegations against the police department are well known.

"They don't have a great reputation and it's just the good ol' boys mentality," she said. "They look out for themselves and everyone around here knows it."

It's a sentiment Page Pate, a criminal defense attorney in Glynn County, echoed.

"There is not just one prior case," she told NPR. "There are many prior cases. And each one is a separate Netflix episode."

Four days after Arbery's shooting, Glynn County Police Chief John Powell was indicted for perjury and witness tampering and remains on administrative leave. Powell had been hired to clean up the department's "culture of cronyism" but instead got caught up in a scandal where he was accused of covering up wrongdoing by the police department's narcotics task force. Three other department officials were also arrested for their involvement.

Last year, the drug force was dismantled after a state-led investigation found extensive misconduct, including an incident where an officer had sex with a confidential informant.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

In the past decade, the Glynn County Police Department has faced at least 17 lawsuits, including allegations of illegal search and seizure.

A Nov. 8, 2019 grand jury report concluded, among other things, that there was "an ongoing culture of cover-up, failure to supervise, abuse of power and lack of accountability within the administration of the Glynn County Police Department."

A year before the report, Glynn County Police Lt. Robert Sasser killed his then-estranged wife Katie Kettles Sasser and her friend before turning the gun on himself.

Katie's family is suing the police department because they claim authorities failed to step in before the murders and knew Sasser displayed "erratic, violent" behavior. The lawsuit states Robert Sasser started to track his wife's movements after they separated by hacking her OnStar service in her car, peeped through her windows at night and used the police database to look up personal information on people she knew.

Despite complaints, the lawsuit claims he was never reprimanded.

On May 13, 2018, the cops were called to Katie Sasser's house after Robert Sasser tried to break down her door and threatened to kill all of the people inside. When Katie Sasser was speaking to police officers on her front porch, Robert Sasser allegedly lunged at her and tried again to get into the house. When the police dragged him off the porch, he pointed his hand and his finger at her and claimed, "You know what is going to happen!"

After several other documented incidents, he killed Katie, her friend and himself.

Robert Sasser's violent streak first surfaced on June 18, 2010 when he and another officer were involved in the shooting of Caroline Small, a 35-year-old mother of two who had led them on a slow-speed police chase. The "chase" ended when her car, tires flattened to the rims, spun out on a suburban street.

One officer yelled, "If she moves the car, I'm going to shoot her."

Dashcam video shows she pulled forward. Then it shows Sasser and his partner shoot Small eight times hitting her in the head and face. After the killing, the two officers compared their marksmanship. One told a witness how he saw Small's head explode. Sasser avoided punishment and remained on the force.

That same year, the Glynn County Police Department lost its certification with the state because it failed to meet basic policing standards.

Gregory McMichael, the former detective whose actions in Arbery's shooting were defended as a citizen's arrest, had been stripped of his law enforcement certification and power to arrest in February 2019, after he repeatedly failed to complete the required training.

According to documents from the Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney's Office, McMichael had failed to finish mandatory firearms and use-of-force courses in 2014 as well.

None of it bodes well for the McMichaels but their lawyers argued this week the public was getting only half of the information.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-police-department-ahmaud-arbery-murder-disturbing-history

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: - Discussion
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2020, 09:28:34 PM »
There had only been one burglary "reported" in the neighborhood.  If he was shot in the back as he was running away or shot for no reason it would be murder.  Did you miss the part where he made a 90 degree turn and started attacking?  Did I see a different video?

Great. He didrn't continue to run away, instead he turned to face his attackers minus any weapon, so the father and son morons with their rifles in hand shot him to death. Seems fair.  ::)

Look, spin it however you wish. They murdered him, plain and simple. Nothing justifies their actions. NOTHING!

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2020, 03:38:04 AM »
^ probably the most disturbed person ive ever seen on a muscle forum. 70+ years old, on here non-stop, very weak minded democrat.
if some of the things i ead here are true (glory holes) well, then your opinion on anything is just a waste of everyones time. arguing, whining, very weak minded.

you dont really know what happened so dont talk like your word is fact. its meaningless. you should be really up in arms over the calculated hate crime murder of 2 older white folks in a cemetary. planned, cold blooded, calculated. not something that went badly during a struggle. are you a "karen" type?

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2020, 07:37:15 AM »
Great. He didrn't continue to run away, instead he turned to face his attackers minus any weapon, so the father and son morons with their rifles in hand shot him to death. Seems fair.  ::)

Look, spin it however you wish. They murdered him, plain and simple. Nothing justifies their actions. NOTHING!
Talk about a lack of facts and a bunch of spin on your part. Ahmaud wasn't being attacked.  The father didn't fire a shot.  Neither of them had rifles. The shots were at close range as Ahmaud punched the son and tried to grab the gun from him.  If he had stopped and they shot him or he ran and they shot him, that's murder.  But thats's not what happened, no matter how much you and the rest of the bleeding hearts want it to be.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2020, 08:11:08 AM »

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2020, 09:43:10 AM »
New video allegedly shows Ahmaud Arbery visiting same construction site in December

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/new-video-allegedly-shows-ahmaud-arbery-visiting-same-construction-site-in-december

Visit a construction site...get shot to death🙄
A

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2020, 10:17:22 AM »

Straw Man Argument Alert 🚨 🚨 🚨

As an aside Vince, you’ve posted the classic Chris Rock bit. Was Arbery a black person or a...?

sarcafago

• Getbig III
  • Keep your whip hand strong.
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2020, 11:03:15 AM »

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2020, 11:23:07 AM »
Beware of triathletes while pumping gas.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2020, 12:45:38 PM »

The speculation from the property owner was that he was accessing a water source. Additional video tends to indicate he was drinking from a spigot near the dock. The property owner had no concerns about the visits and was apparently aware of them from seeing them on his surveillance video. He wasn't the only one seen on video exploring the property. The killer will have to base his entire defense on the 10 seconds or so of the struggle and that will be a tough row to hoe given the circumstances that created that scenario 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2020, 01:14:08 PM »
The speculation from the property owner was that he was accessing a water source. Additional video tends to indicate he was drinking from a spigot near the dock. The property owner had no concerns about the visits and was apparently aware of them from seeing them on his surveillance video. He wasn't the only one seen on video exploring the property. The killer will have to base his entire defense on the 10 seconds or so of the struggle and that will be a tough row to hoe given the circumstances that created that scenario

Sounds like he had concerns to me:

Video shows person at construction site 12 days before Ahmaud Arbery’s death

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/05/13/video-shows-person-at-construction-site-12-days-before-ahmaud-arberys-death/?outputType=amp

English said he recalled four or five instances of someone entering the construction site. He said those incidents, one of which was captured in the Feb. 11 clip, began in October and continued until just prior to the deadly shooting of Arbery

English’s attorney said the two exchanged cellphone numbers, English shared the October video and Perez texted:
"Goodness. If you catch someone on your cameras, let me know right away, I can respond in mere seconds. It’s totally up to you. Our yards connect in the back and I can go either way, through he front or back, with your permission.

“Thank you for texting me. I’ll put up another camera facing that way so I can keep an eye out in real time. I watch the cameras pretty often

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2020, 04:15:56 PM »
Talk about a lack of facts and a bunch of spin on your part. Ahmaud wasn't being attacked.  The father didn't fire a shot.  Neither of them had rifles. The shots were at close range as Ahmaud punched the son and tried to grab the gun from him.  If he had stopped and they shot him or he ran and they shot him, that's murder.  But thats's not what happened, no matter how much you and the rest of the bleeding hearts want it to be.

Ultimately, what you think and what I think mean nothing. It will be what the Grand Jury decides that will move the case forward or not.

After they chased down Arbery, McMichael told police, Arbery and McMichael's son Travis struggled over his son's shotgun(see photo below of a shotgun). McMichael Sr. had a handgun which he apparently did not fire.

"911 calls show the call taker was asking the men what Arbery is doing that was of criminal concern, Merritt said.
"They didn't give any answer for that, they said, 'He's a black man running down our road,' Merritt said."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2020, 04:48:08 PM »
Ultimately, what you think and what I think mean nothing. It will be what the Grand Jury decides that will move the case forward or not.

After they chased down Arbery, McMichael told police, Arbery and McMichael's son Travis struggled over his son's shotgun(see photo below of a shotgun). McMichael Sr. had a handgun which he apparently did not fire.

"911 calls show the call taker was asking the men what Arbery is doing that was of criminal concern, Merritt said.
"They didn't give any answer for that, they said, 'He's a black man running down our road,' Merritt said."
This shotgun was used to kill that guy?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2020, 04:52:22 PM »
what is so fascinating about construction sites?  suddenly many people claim they visit them all the time

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2020, 04:53:06 PM »
Beware of triathletes while pumping gas.

why isn't this on CNN?

E
E

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2020, 05:04:14 PM »
This shotgun was used to kill that guy?

It is just a photo of a shotgun. Unless you can see the shotgun in the video, there no way to know what it looked like. Not all shotguns look the same.

The point was that it was a shotgun that was used to kill the guy and not a handgun. Small detail really since dead is dead. But, it does suggest how close he was to the shooter. Probably not as close had it been a handgun.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2020, 05:07:28 PM »
New evidence has come forth when he was confronted trespassing is when he ran.  He wasn't  jogging. The more I learn about this case the more I realize this is biased agenda driven reporting.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2020, 05:32:16 PM »
what is so fascinating about construction sites?  suddenly many people claim they visit them all the time

E

"Multiple security video clips obtained by CNN show unidentified people on other occasions entering English's home, which was under construction."

I don't get this either.  People see home construction sites and just go in and wander around?  That's very weird, I've never done that in my life nor anyone I know.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2020, 05:47:00 PM »
It is just a photo of a shotgun. Unless you can see the shotgun in the video, there no way to know what it looked like. Not all shotguns look the same.

The point was that it was a shotgun that was used to kill the guy and not a handgun. Small detail really since dead is dead. But, it does suggest how close he was to the shooter. Probably not as close had it been a handgun.
This last part is confusing as hell. How does what type of gun was used define how close or far they were apart?

On a side note, is there audio on the shooting video?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2020, 05:52:49 PM »
"Multiple security video clips obtained by CNN show unidentified people on other occasions entering English's home, which was under construction."

I don't get this either.  People see home construction sites and just go in and wander around?  That's very weird, I've never done that in my life nor anyone I know.

I've done it: once when I was a kid, and several times for my new home.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2020, 05:56:20 PM »

CNN is so dirty. They show that tape as proof he did nothing wrong. Nope, they were all trespassing. Think the contractor allows unknown people explore a house under construction?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2020, 06:13:36 PM »
New evidence has come forth when he was confronted trespassing is when he ran.  He wasn't  jogging. The more I learn about this case the more I realize this is biased agenda driven reporting.

Interesting, who confronted him? Do you have a link to information saying Ahmaud was confronted right before he ran and was chased by McMichaels and son? I found nothing about this.

This is what I was able to find regarding a confrontation at the construction site. There's no indication that this earlier confrontation was with Ahmaud Arbery, just another black man. Also, it happens 2 weeks prior to the shooting.

https://wgxa.tv/news/local/arbery-shooting-suspect-had-earlier-confrontation-with-unknown-man-at-construction-site

Ahmaud Arbery may have gone to construction site for water before shooting

https://nypost.com/2020/05/15/ahmaud-arbery-may-have-entered-construction-site-for-water/

“He stopped by a property under construction where he engaged in no illegal activity and remained for only a brief period. Ahmaud did not take anything from the construction site. He did not cause any damage to the property.”

In a Dec. 17 clip, a man who authorities believe is Arbery, wearing shorts and a tank top, leaves the construction site and enters Satilla Drive jogging.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2020, 06:32:59 PM »
This last part is confusing as hell. How does what type of gun was used define how close or far they were apart?

On a side note, is there audio on the shooting video?

Doesn't the length of the gun indicate there was some distance between McMichaels and Ahmaud? I'm trying to envision how if they were in a scuffle this would work.  Wouldn't they be too close together physically for one to shoot the other? Maybe Ahmaud had ridiculously long arms, like 4' which is the average length of a shotgun and was thus able to attack McMichaels whilst being shot by him.