Author Topic: How many of you train a bodypart more than once a week?  (Read 10088 times)

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
Re: How many of you train a bodypart more than once a week?
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2020, 07:48:52 AM »
I train whole body twice per week for 45 minutes but I'm 69 and 100% drug free, don't even take vitamins.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2020, 09:32:19 AM »
Nice arms.  Do you have any friends in your age group that lift at all?

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2020, 10:22:43 AM »
There's a bunch of us at my local gym. Most of them look like they never trained. This game is all genetics if you are natty.

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2020, 10:48:09 AM »
I train whole body twice per week for 45 minutes but I'm 69 and 100% drug free, don't even take vitamins.

yes, you look amazing for 69.
it's definitely genetics but also nutrition. Drugs help immensely, but you don't need them. Consider yourself lucky...

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2020, 11:39:48 AM »

Way to go.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2020, 02:08:38 PM »

How old is that pic? That looks like a flip top phone. Also, is that a slice of pizza on the top shelf on the towel?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2020, 04:01:10 PM »
Looking damn good !!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2020, 04:17:44 PM »
How old is that pic? That looks like a flip top phone. Also, is that a slice of pizza on the top shelf on the towel?

It looks like another towel or cloth type material.
X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2020, 04:42:51 PM »
There's a bunch of us at my local gym. Most of them look like they never trained. This game is all genetics if you are natty.

Does nutrition (recovery and soreness management) become the main focus of your training program?

After the lifting, of course. 

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2020, 04:47:15 PM »

Lol....Couple months...I took that a month  after the gyms closed down and I had been  doing pushups, situps and arm work with my one 40 lb. dumbell.
No it's not a pizza slice. lol
I might add that I only get about 35-50 grams of protein daily for the last 30 years. I think protein intake is over rated.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2020, 04:51:41 PM »

Lol....Couple months...I took that a month  after the gyms closed down and I had been  doing pushups, situps and arm work with my one 40 lb. dumbell.
I might add that I only get about 35-50 grams of protein daily for the last 30 years. I think protein intake is over rated.

What happened when you tried to increase your protein intake?

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2020, 05:02:13 PM »
Does nutrition (recovery and soreness management) become the main focus of your training program?

After the lifting, of course.

I do eat tons of nutritious food that I cook myself with lots of veggies, brown rice etc. and pig out every  Sat. eating a large pizza and maybe some brownies or whatever strikes my fancy.  I'm 5'11'   and 200-205 lbs.  I built my muscle in my 20's and 30's and now am just trying to slow down the rate  of degeneration (death). I used to be very strong but now am weaker than shit.   (age)

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2020, 05:15:26 PM »
What happened when you tried to increase your protein intake?

I've tried protein supplimentation before and nothing happens...A week ago I started taking 150 grams per day and nothing has changed. I'm going  back to my regular diet with just good food.
When I was 30 and at same bodyweight but lower bodyfat and benching 400 and 350 incline I was getting around 100 grams of protein  a day.In 1983 I did take 2 Dianabol a day for 6 weeks which was the last of 2 cycles of roids that I did. It wasn't my 'cup of tea'.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2020, 08:28:30 PM »

Do you eat any meat or fish? I get that much protein in one meal with some type of meat.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2020, 09:03:13 PM »

I've tried protein supplimentation before and nothing happens...A week ago I started taking 150 grams per day and nothing has changed. I'm going  back to my regular diet with just good food.
When I was 30 and at same bodyweight but lower bodyfat and benching 400 and 350 incline I was getting around 100 grams of protein  a day.In 1983 I did take 2 Dianabol a day for 6 weeks which was the last of 2 cycles of roids that I did. It wasn't my 'cup of tea'.

Benching 400 at 200 lbs bodyweight is pretty decent for a “natty”.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2020, 09:15:06 PM »

So at most, you get 200 calories from protein. The rest comes from fats and carbs.

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2020, 04:25:38 AM »
So at most, you get 200 calories from protein. The rest comes from fats and carbs.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2020, 04:28:08 AM »

Wish i had your arms at 70!

Props oldgold!
Q

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2020, 06:08:03 AM »

Looking good for 69.  However, you should be taking a good quality multi-vitamin/mineral supplement.  The older we get the less the body is able to absorb certain nutrients, especially minerals.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2020, 06:25:37 AM »
             looking good man, i'll be 69 in august. pic below was at 67 before all the shit went down and couldn't train for a year. three surgeries later ending with open heart and i started training a month ago. 7 days a week 40 minutes cardio and 30 minutes light weightlifting.
F

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2020, 06:33:12 AM »
             looking good man, i'll be 69 in august. pic below was at 67 before all the shit went down and couldn't train for a year. three surgeries later ending with open heart and i started training a month ago. 7 days a week 40 minutes cardio and 30 minutes light weightlifting.
Looking great for your age. Do you dye your hair or wear a wig? ;D

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2020, 06:33:47 AM »

At 67 those arms are incredible- yet most lifters at any age would be impressive with that build.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2020, 06:39:38 AM »

Agreed about protein. I have reduced my intake to less than 100 gm a day- and often only 50-75. I've been doing this for a year and have lost no muscle- yet I feel
so much better! I should add that I get most of my calories from eating natural fats with carbs at anout 100-150 a day.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2020, 06:49:18 AM »

Awesome arms for any age let alone 67 mate, are you a Chinese fella ?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2020, 07:26:05 AM »

You look like you’re doing well if you can maintain that look after your medical setbacks.

Does heart disease run in your family, or were there other extenuating circumstances?