Author Topic: ONLYME WHAT PROS DID YOU TRAIN WITH?  (Read 17073 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: ONLYME WHAT PROS DID YOU TRAIN WITH?
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2006, 12:40:04 PM »
I'm telling you from expierience that nothing good can come of what you are doing.  I did the same thing back when I was younger and wish I never did.  If I could comprehend what I know know back then, I'd do things totally different.  If you are serious about competing then you need to build a really solid base and I don't think you can do that doing what you are doing.  You're natural so you have to be extra careful, you're CNS is something that is going to shut down on you and you won't grow. 

If you're training hard, I mean really hard, how can you even think about training twice a day?  I do DC training and it's some of the most intense stuff out there, I did a workout the other day and I worked so hard I couldn't sleep that night, I was sore for days..no way could I train again that day or the next for that matter.   I'm older than you by quite a bit and I don't recover as fast as I used to, I'm natural and I think I've got alot of test for a natural, I'm strong as an ox and I'm growing more on DC than I ever did on any other routine.  I would never go back to conventional training..ever.  A guy loaded up on gear can probably make that stuff work but no way can a natural, no way.  Say what you want about guys like Lacour and Willet and even Derik Farnsworth, they are all natural-or claim to be and they all do heavy, short, high intesity workouts..they're max ot not DC but it's still, you have to realize that you don't grow from just lifting, you grow from recovering.

I do realize that rest is important. I gained alot of strengh and size from doing a Dorian Yates type of routine where i was inclining 2 1/2 plates and benching 3 all the while training 6 times a week. Right now I train about one hour at a time and lifting decent numbers and getting stronger. I will try this program for 10 weeks (mr. Montreal) and will mark my progress and recovery ability. I did day 1 yesterday today is day 2, now if I am tired tomorrow I might switch the split to 2 days on 1 off and so on. Like Lee Haney said: Stimulate don't Inalate.
just push some weight!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2006, 12:52:06 PM »
Even when I first started I always lifted heavy.  It was me wanting to show-off more than anything.  After all these years I have had no serious problems from lifting except doing the sqauts where I blew out my L4 & L5.  And that was with fairly light weight.  I just thnk my joints have grawon accustomed to the haevy weight. 

When I was training for the Olympics in 98' I was training twice a day but different.  My days were pretty set.  At 8am I would ride my bike to the gym.  It was 7 miles.  I lived on a side of a small mountain.  The hill was steep enough where little kids and others would have to push their bike up the hill.  It was exactly .8 miles from the bottom to my house.  Ihad to go over Diamond Head Crater also.  So I had hills and everything on this bike ride.  The morning workout was strictly cardio.  20 minutes on tread, 20 minutes on elliptical, and 20 minutes on stepper.  DO some situps.  On the way home I would stop off at Kahala Mall and have a protein shake and then go to the school and practice then continue home.  Get home around 1pm. go to my room get my laptop, get some food and go stand in the pool and work.  I woudl layout get nice and dark.  Rest then at 4pm get back on bike and go to the gym and workout.  Then head home have dinner.  DId this M,T, Th, and F.  On weekends I would pull a truck tire filled with cement and rocks around Diamond Head and through the streets.  Usually a 3 to 4 hour session.  I did this reliously for about 4 months till I moved back to LA to train.

Not sure if you have seen this pic.  This going around Diamond Head

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »
lol @ the pic

would be a riot seing you carrying that thing then get pissed at it when it gets stuck ;D ;D
just push some weight!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 01:04:30 PM »
Onlyme......

question for you man.

Since "Hollywood" seems to lie about actors all the time......can you tell me a couple of things.

You've met & seen bot Jean Claude & Stallone.  Yes on both.  I was friends with Jean Claude before he worked on Bloodsport.
How tall would you say both of them are & how much do you think they both weighed at their peak?

For Over The Top I know Stallone weighed 175. At his peak I have no idea.  But I am sure he was around 220 for that one gangster movie he was in along time ago.  Jean Claude was very hard and muscular.  When I saw him and went to lunch all the time I would say he was around 185 to 195 or so.  Sly is 5'7" and no taller and Jean Claude would have to be close to 5'9" to 5'10".  He was shorter than me but close enough to look into his eyes.  He may be as tall as 5'11" but doubt it.

If you had to guess.....who was the bigger of the two?  Jean Claude

Thanks Keith

I've always wondered about this because I guess that I watch too many movies.  It's so hard to tell on the big screen but I used these two actors because IMO they would seem about the same height.  Knowing that Jean Claude is @ 5'10" & Sly @ 5'7"...I would have never guessed.  I would put them at exactly the same height,

Now you picked Jean Claude as being bigger than the two (musculature) ALSO shocks me.  I guess the movie companies can really make someone look bigger in the picture.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with your opinion....actually It's very interesting

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 03:09:05 PM »
Natural al,out of interest what does ur routine look like (layout etc). i am only curious as u are against what alexx wants to try and i was wandering on ur own training alternatives bro.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 05:02:54 PM »
davie go to www.intensemuscle.com

and click on the doggpound section

I am going to change back to my old routine starting monday. the one I gained 20 pounds in 2 months with. yates/arnold yeah baby intense!!!  8)
just push some weight!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006, 05:51:19 PM »
onlyme, you have the greatest pics, please post some more from the golden days.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2006, 10:23:45 PM »
Thanks Keith

I've always wondered about this because I guess that I watch too many movies.  It's so hard to tell on the big screen but I used these two actors because IMO they would seem about the same height.  Knowing that Jean Claude is @ 5'10" & Sly @ 5'7"...I would have never guessed.  I would put them at exactly the same height,

Now you picked Jean Claude as being bigger than the two (musculature) ALSO shocks me.  I guess the movie companies can really make someone look bigger in the picture.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with your opinion....actually It's very interesting

Actually when I say Jean Claude is more musclular I meant size wise.  He was fuller and near as lean as Sly was.  I remember during Over The Top I was sitting with some girls,.  They asked me where Sly was I said I didn't know, it wasn't my turn to babysit him.  Then all of a sudden here he comes with about 6 or bodyguards.  When you could finally see him the girls all at the same time said "Oh my god he is so skinny".  He is very skinny in person or at leasdt for that movie.  You got to remember that was really the only time I saw him except once for the boxing we went too.  I have never seen him out and about or after that.  All Iknow is during that movie he was skinny.  Jean Claude too.  We were friends before anyone knew him.  EVen the secretaries at Cannon wanted to know who he was.  Once ofthe bartender girls at the 3rd street Cafe where we had a few times always asked me who he was.  SHe loved him.  The neat thing is we ended up together.  Jean Claude back then was ripped and looked really good.  His wife Glady was a very popular BB girl back then too.  Sly I think in some of the ROcky movies was jut ripped to shreads.  Buthe also weighed at the most probably was 175 to 180.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006, 07:34:39 AM »
Alexx what ur yates arnold combo program like??

Onlyme u have sum awesome stories.Uv really dun alot with urself.
What movies have u had parts in??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2006, 07:44:38 AM »
Hey Davie that is my secret program and I don't plan on telling it to anyone ;)

But here is the concept: I train with 4-5 freeweight exercises and do one all out set with some negatives. I am going to ease into it and only do 1 bodypart a week. I feel the twice a day program is too much and the best way to build size is with big weights not big sets.
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006, 10:59:55 AM »
Natural al,out of interest what does ur routine look like (layout etc). i am only curious as u are against what alexx wants to try and i was wandering on ur own training alternatives bro.

davie

yes as alexx pointed out, I train DC style.  Heavy weight, nice slow negatives, rest pause sets, static holds, stretching etc.  It's a pretty brutal routine.  I'm not very tall, probably about 5'8 or so and I weigh about 205, I can see my abs.  I started this out a few years ago, went the whole nine yards with it for awhile, ate like a pig, about 260 grams of protien a day and I went from 194 to 213 in about a5 weeks, my waist got a little bigger because I wasn't doing any cardio.  Then we had a personal disaster in my family and I had to cut way back on training and eating, We had a child with a birth defect.  He passed away in January and I've been trying to get going for about 2 months now.

Honestly, my legs-quads, calfs and hamstrings have never been better.  My chest always sucked so that has not really changed, it's a little bit better.  My arms have always been big, I've got really long bi's and my tri's attach really low so they are big pretty much all the time, even when I didn't train for a long time from 94-97 they were still hanging in there at over 16".  Back isn't a problem, I'm pretty wide but my lats attach kinda high so I'm working on that.  Right now I workout at a local rec center, this is right by my house so it was important to get a membership there so I could be home if my son had any problems.  I'm thinking of moving and one of the only hardcore gyms in my area is right in the area we are thinking of moving too.
nasser=piece of shit

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2006, 10:18:30 PM »
I was most impressed by OnlyMe one night at one of the military BB contests when he invited everyone to come on stage and beat him at arm wrestling and win $1,000 cash right there on the spot.

About 24 huge guys immediately jumped up and formed a line and actually looked big enough to give him a run for his money. Each stepped up to the official "arm bending" table and did their best to psych him out while Only kept on talking to the audiance with his hand held mic.

He would encourage all the guys to do their best and win that money and everyone made a worthwhile attempt but Only just kept on encourageing his "opponents" and talking to the crowd until he politely and easily pinned the the guy.

He took them all on and no one came even close to moving his arm. He just kept on talking as though nothing was even happening and all those guys were nursing sore arms during that  20 minute intermission.

Good thing too, cause he didn't have more than a hundred bucks in his pocket that nite.
what a badass.
Onlyme has to be the coolest person on this site, between his stories, honesty, pictures and feats of strength.

hey keith, what did u guys think about a 175lb stallone being depicted as an armwrestling champion(and for that matter, a heavyweight boxing champ)? surely you guys must have been laughing about it behind his back.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 04:49:40 AM »
what a badass.
Onlyme has to be the coolest person on this site, between his stories, honesty, pictures and feats of strength.

hey keith, what did u guys think about a 175lb stallone being depicted as an armwrestling champion(and for that matter, a heavyweight boxing champ)? surely you guys must have been laughing about it behind his back.

He had a magic hat. But yeah, if it weren't for the hat, the movie wouldn't have made much sense at all.
E

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 07:37:45 AM »
He had a magic hat. But yeah, if it weren't for the hat, the movie wouldn't have made much sense at all.
I think even that was taken from Keith as well. I seem to recall him mentioning that hat turning thing was his deal and Sly took that as well.  Only, you there? True?

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 07:46:11 AM »
True.  He mentioned something about that in a different thread somewhere, had a pic included

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2006, 10:21:34 AM »
I think even that was taken from Keith as well. I seem to recall him mentioning that hat turning thing was his deal and Sly took that as well.  Only, you there? True?

what about how he met that guy half way across the sky?
E

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 10:54:50 AM »
Yes the hat thing SLy did get from.  I was told that by the PR Director at Cannon Films.  I am not on my computer right now.  I blew it up yesterday and have to send it back.  SO I don't have a pic of me with the hat during Over The Top but it is on another thread.

what about how he met that guy half way across the sky?

I don't understand this one

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 10:58:53 AM »
Yes the hat thing SLy did get from.  I was told that by the PR Director at Cannon Films.  I am not on my computer right now.  I blew it up yesterday and have to send it back.  SO I don't have a pic of me with the hat during Over The Top but it is on another thread.

it was the stupid theme song from over the top.
E

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2006, 11:00:32 AM »

When you say "blew it up" I can see you bashing it into a thousand pieces with a sledgehammer or something ;D ;D ;D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 01:57:25 PM »
I blew it up yesterday and have to send it back. 

Keith...how many computers does that make it now?

Last time....wasn't it a spilled protein shake?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2006, 08:43:04 PM »
Keith...how many computers does that make it now?

Last time....wasn't it a spilled protein shake?

Yep the Protein Shake was awesome and that laptop was only two months old from Dell.  This one at least has 9 days left on the warranty.  I had all the stuff taken off the hard drive today and mailing out the laptop tommorrow.  I really like this one cause it has the 17" screen.  I hope they replace it or at least fix it.