Author Topic: ONLYME WHAT PROS DID YOU TRAIN WITH?  (Read 17105 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
ONLYME WHAT PROS DID YOU TRAIN WITH?
« on: April 19, 2006, 03:30:33 PM »
Did you train with Arnold or Haney or Sergio and what was the workout like and what kind of weights where you using? Thanks! Also what do you recommend for size and strengh on pressing movements? You are really really strong for a natural! Where you always strong?
just push some weight!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: ONLYME WHAT PROS DID YOU TRAIN WITH?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:14:56 PM »
Alex, I'd like to make an attempt at answering that question on behalf of OnlyMe.

I don't think he ever trained with Arnold or Sergio or Haney because he is a bit younger than those guys, but I can attest to the fact that he is one strong lifter especially in the bench press and I'll have to let him give you the poundages because I never did watch him max out.

I was most impressed by OnlyMe one night at one of the military BB contests when he invited everyone to come on stage and beat him at arm wrestling and win $1,000 cash right there on the spot.

About 24 huge guys immediately jumped up and formed a line and actually looked big enough to give him a run for his money. Each stepped up to the official "arm bending" table and did their best to psych him out while Only kept on talking to the audiance with his hand held mic.

He would encourage all the guys to do their best and win that money and everyone made a worthwhile attempt but Only just kept on encourageing his "opponents" and talking to the crowd until he politely and easily pinned the the guy.

He took them all on and no one came even close to moving his arm. He just kept on talking as though nothing was even happening and all those guys were nursing sore arms during that  20 minute intermission.

Good thing too, cause he didn't have more than a hundred bucks in his pocket that nite.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 05:18:40 PM »
lol thanks stuntmovie thats the type of things I like to hear ;D

and doing all that naturally!! wow! I know he used a bit of deca or whatever for a little while but he still built some very very impressive numbers naturally. I wonder if he was always that strong or if he built it over time.
just push some weight!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 05:24:01 PM »
Alex, we'll have to ask Only this one for sure but I'd be darn surprised if he ever used anything stonger that aspirin or Tylinol.

He doesn't smoke and never drinks (except for Alan Ichinose's wedding once) and is an avid supporter and participant in the No Hope in Dope organization.

But ask him yourself and I can guarantee ya that whatever answer he give ya will be the truth.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »
Awesome he sounds like a great rolemodel!
just push some weight!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 09:54:24 PM »
I never trained with Arnold but I did train at the same time in the same gym and in fact took showers with him and Zane and Franco and many others numerous times.  We had a coed gang shower at the Original Worlds.  I did train with Roy Callendar, Louie, Franco Columbo, Tony Pearson, Ken Waller, Dennis Tinnerino, Ray Mentzer, Hulk Hogan, Bill Kazmaier,  Kal Sklzak(?), Bill Pettis (who wasn't pro butwas bigger than most), I did bench after Bertil Fox but not with him, and I am sure others I just can't remember or think of.

I didn nothing but Test Cypionate 200mg for about 6 months and that is it.  Nothing ever again.  That was in 1986.  In 1979 or 80 I did buy a bottle of Dianabol from our resident pharmacist TN at World Gym.  I tookand felt nothing so didn't want to waster anymore money.  It was actually Ric Zumwalt who suggested I take steroids (the test at least) if I was to beat everyone.

I did tour around Hawaii with the No Hope in Dope organization.  I was the spokeperson for the MDA, American Lung Association, American Cancer Society, and SPecial Olympics which I traveled around the US as a celebrity volunteer.  It was actually the Special Olympics that broughtme Hawaii the first time in 1989 after seeing me at the International Games in Reno, NV.  I always no matter where I appeared for the Special Olympics had the most popular and fun clinic for the kids.  I armwrestled every single kid and let them beat me. They would go ballastic.

One of the most memorable times I ever had was when a parent came up t me in Reno and started crying and hugged me and said she loved me.  The day before in my clinic I armwrestled her son.  I always made it look like I was big and bad and I would sometimes yell at the kids and grab their hand.  Well I guess this kid didn't want to because he was scared so finally he got up there.  I make it look like I am struglling but then let him beat.  He went crazy yelling and screaming he beat the World Champion.  That night he made his mom call everyone of his friends so he could tell them he beat me.  She said it was absolutely the most fun most excited he had been in years.  That actually made my tear up when she said all that.  But that happened all the time.  I loved being with those kids.  I have a million Special Olympic stories.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 11:56:57 PM »
Keith, I also participated in the Special Olympics one year and resided as the head powerlifting judge with TK at the UH.

That was one heck of an experience and I had tears of joy in my eyes all day.

Those kids gave it their all and would hug all the judges in gratitude when they made a decent and passable lift.

That day was one of the most enjoyable times I ever had in the lifting sports.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say "Thanks" to Bob and Shawn for their generous contributions to those in need and recommend that all of us get involved in these worthy efforts in some capacity. It really makes you feel good inside.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 08:36:03 AM »
Thats very nice of you guys. It sounds like those kids had a blast hanging around you.

Onlyme what did you find works for a natural to gain size and strength. Also do the pros train like it says they do in flex magazine. Say Arnold or Franco. Also you got to tell me about training with Hulk Hogan!

Stuntmovie that goes for you too about the pros training like in the magazines.

Thanks!  :)
just push some weight!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 03:01:44 PM »
I never trained with Arnold but I did train at the same time in the same gym and in fact took showers with him and Zane and Franco and many others numerous times.  We had a coed gang shower at the Original Worlds.  I did train with Roy Callendar, Louie, Franco Columbo, Tony Pearson, Ken Waller, Dennis Tinnerino, Ray Mentzer, Hulk Hogan, Bill Kazmaier,  Kal Sklzak(?), Bill Pettis (who wasn't pro butwas bigger than most), I did bench after Bertil Fox but not with him, and I am sure others I just can't remember or think of.

Of that list....The "Kaz" would be somebody I would have loved to train with just once.

I'm sure back then, he was yolked.

I didn nothing but Test Cypionate 200mg for about 6 months and that is it.  Nothing ever again.  That was in 1986.  In 1979 or 80 I did buy a bottle of Dianabol from our resident pharmacist TN at World Gym.  I tookand felt nothing so didn't want to waster anymore money.  It was actually Ric Zumwalt who suggested I take steroids (the test at least) if I was to beat everyone.

I did tour around Hawaii with the No Hope in Dope organization.  I was the spokeperson for the MDA, American Lung Association, American Cancer Society, and SPecial Olympics which I traveled around the US as a celebrity volunteer.  It was actually the Special Olympics that broughtme Hawaii the first time in 1989 after seeing me at the International Games in Reno, NV.  I always no matter where I appeared for the Special Olympics had the most popular and fun clinic for the kids.  I armwrestled every single kid and let them beat me. They would go ballastic.

One of the most memorable times I ever had was when a parent came up t me in Reno and started crying and hugged me and said she loved me.  The day before in my clinic I armwrestled her son.  I always made it look like I was big and bad and I would sometimes yell at the kids and grab their hand.  Well I guess this kid didn't want to because he was scared so finally he got up there.  I make it look like I am struglling but then let him beat.  He went crazy yelling and screaming he beat the World Champion.  That night he made his mom call everyone of his friends so he could tell them he beat me.  She said it was absolutely the most fun most excited he had been in years.  That actually made my tear up when she said all that.  But that happened all the time.  I loved being with those kids.  I have a million Special Olympic stories.

Good Story Keith. 

Sometimes no matter what you do in life can never compare when you touch somebody else's life.....especially a child.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 12:07:36 PM »
Hey stuntmovie you can comfirm that Onlyme is real right? How come he doesn't answer training questions? Doesn't matter soon Alexxx will pass him in strengh and size anyways.  8)

First Stunt is on a cruise to LA from Honolulu that left yesterday for the next 11 days.  WHo know when he'll be back on here.  He'll be in LA and Vegas for the next 4 or 6 months.  I have answered so many trianing questions all over these boards.  Alex what do you want to know.  If you are training naturally eat allot of food with protein.  Eat at least 1 to 1.5 grams of protein each each pound you weigh.  Take in your creatine and glutamine.  Lift heavy with no more than  4 to 6 reps.  Get a partner to help with the last set.  you should be struggling on this set.  Don't do that full body workout in a day shit.  All that says is you are not pushing your body to the maximum strength potential. 
just push some weight!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 02:39:28 PM »
Hey stuntmovie you can comfirm that Onlyme is real right? How come he doesn't answer training questions? Doesn't matter soon Alexxx will pass him in strengh and size anyways.  8)

Soon, say 1,000 years ahahahah!
The House that Ruth built

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 02:51:29 PM »
Here's a pic from Bill Pettis from around 1975 I think.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 03:33:35 PM »

First Stunt is on a cruise to LA from Honolulu that left yesterday for the next 11 days.  WHo know when he'll be back on here.  He'll be in LA and Vegas for the next 4 or 6 months.  I have answered so many trianing questions all over these boards.  Alex what do you want to know.  If you are training naturally eat allot of food with protein.  Eat at least 1 to 1.5 grams of protein each each pound you weigh.  Take in your creatine and glutamine.  Lift heavy with no more than  4 to 6 reps.  Get a partner to help with the last set.  you should be struggling on this set.  Don't do that full body workout in a day shit.  All that says is you are not pushing your body to the maximum strength potential.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 04:48:09 PM »
Alexxx is pretty beat up from it though.. (he pushes real hard). Plus Alexxx is doing everybody part three times a week so maybe this is a good thing? Would you recomend that I just do 1 set to total failure with heaviest weight instead of three sets? How many times a week do you train? Also what bout those pros do train the way they do in the magazines? Specifically Arnold or Haney. Should I do the training Haney does cause they say that in the 80s bodybuilders rellied more on training then nutritition and 5 percent steroids. Alexxx knows this is a lot in one shot and appreciates all your help. I'll own you one.  ;D
just push some weight!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 05:40:15 PM »
who is alexxx?

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 12:14:15 AM »
Alex, we'll have to ask Only this one for sure but I'd be darn surprised if he ever used anything stonger that aspirin or Tylinol.

He doesn't smoke and never drinks (except for Alan Ichinose's wedding once) and is an avid supporter and participant in the No Hope in Dope organization.

But ask him yourself and I can guarantee ya that whatever answer he give ya will be the truth.

What happened to Alan Ichinose? That dude had the most fantastic quads on a small guy I have ever seen. He had great calves, but they were never noticed because of the thighs.

I love to see some pics of Alan.

The Beef

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 10:43:19 AM »
Here's a pic from Bill Pettis from around 1975 I think.

Cool, a Vince's Gym shirt!  I've got a buddy who used to be close friends with the late Iron Guru.  Man, he's told me some hilarious stories about Vince...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 11:55:55 AM »
Yes Alan did look great.  He was a local hero here for awhile then got in a major roid bust and got nailed.  Last time I checked he works for the Honolulu Advertier the biggest Hawaii newspaper.  I don't thnk he has stepped in a gym in 10+ years.  He we are at a local show back in the early 90's.  I drunk the worst ever at his wedding reception.  It ended up his wife is the one who turned him in.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 11:58:44 AM »
I got all excited when I saw onlyme answer to this post and was looking forward to his answer to my question... but alas  ::) answering is a hard concept for our fellow bear hugger!
just push some weight!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 12:30:41 PM »
I got all excited when I saw onlyme answer to this post and was looking forward to his answer to my question... but alas  ::) answering is a hard concept for our fellow bear hugger!

Alexx what are you talking about.  I answer every question.  What and where did you ask me for something to answer.  Ask it again and I will answer.  What the hell do I have to hide

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 12:38:08 PM »
Onlyme......

question for you man.

Since "Hollywood" seems to lie about actors all the time......can you tell me a couple of things.

You've met & seen bot Jean Claude & Stallone.  Yes on both.  I was friends with Jean Claude before he worked on Bloodsport.
How tall would you say both of them are & how much do you think they both weighed at their peak?

For Over The Top I know Stallone weighed 175. At his peak I have no idea.  But I am sure he was around 220 for that one gangster movie he was in along time ago.  Jean Claude was very hard and muscular.  When I saw him and went to lunch all the time I would say he was around 185 to 195 or so.  Sly is 5'7" and no taller and Jean Claude would have to be close to 5'9" to 5'10".  He was shorter than me but close enough to look into his eyes.  He may be as tall as 5'11" but doubt it.

If you had to guess.....who was the bigger of the two?  Jean Claude

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 12:41:55 PM »
Ok thank you sir!

1. Do pros really train like in the magazines? Specifically Arnold or Haney.  I have done a photo shoot here and there nothing like the pros have.  But I did learn some things on how they are done by a very famous and well known photographer.  And I am not saying this is how it is all the time but I can see how can be most of the time.  First these phot shoots take time.  The lighting has to be perfect, no shadows, sometimes people can't be in the shot etc.  Also, angles and f-stops all kinds of crap.  SO you may pick up a weight and start to train but the photographer wasn't ready or whatever so you have to start over.  It gets tiresome.  So lighter weights are used sometimes.  Also, allot of the times a photgrapher will ask the guy to just lift it off the rack and hold it.  Or lower it really slowly.  They will take a million piccs and pick one.  You also have spotters on the ends or off camera to grab the weight after just one rep if that.  So most of the time when you see guyslifting outrageous weights, they are only holding it or doing one rep or have guys lifting it after the pics have been taken. 

2. Should I do the training Haney does cause they say that in the 80s bodybuilders rellied more on training then nutritition and 5 percent steroids.   I have no idea how Haney trained except it was very hard.  No matter what you have to train hard and heavy.  I had my best chest workout on Monday in 7 years.  It was awesome and even the guys in the gym were surprised. Steroids were defintiely not in use like today.  but the major difference is the GH use.  The roids have not changed that much over the years it was the introduction and maximum use of GH that has changed everything.  I have been told this by numerous old timers and present day pro BB's.  And nutrition is of the utmost importance.  Dedfitniely more than 5% closer to 30%.  If you don't eat good you won't look good simple as that.  I am a testament to that.

3. I just started training twice a day with the following split:

day 1 morning: chest-shoulders-neck       evening: tri-calves-abs-cardio
day 2 morning: back-biceps-forearms      evening: quads-hamstrings-abs-cardio

6 days on one off
just started so doing 3 exercises 3 sets each of 4-8 reps

Is that close to Haney's routine? Would you recommend that for a natural trainer who is determined and focused? How many times a week do you train.  Like I said I have no idea how Haney trained.  I don't knwo how anyone can train chest and shoulders together.  No way could anyone do both when lifting heavy like I do.  I am beat to shit after a chest workout and even worse after a shoulder workout.   I do like the push/pull you do.  I was brought up that way.  I train 5 days a week now.  I will up it to 6 next month.  I have a goal to see Shawn in better shape at the Olympia so I got to up my shit.
Hope this is not too much...

Thank you!
Like I said if you need help with anything don't hesitate to ask! ;D
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 11:43:23 AM »
alexxx, just cause  a pro did it does not mean it's right.  You should not be training twice a day, you're too young and if you are training heavy you're going to overtrain bigtime.  If I could start over, I'd be doing a extremly heavy routine utilizing some intesity techniques like rest pause and the like.  No way would I even think about training twice a day.  You should be so totally wasted from one session a day you should not even want to go to the gym for a couple of days...

You're CNS can't take that kind of stress...that is if you are training hard, if not....
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 11:56:26 AM »
Thanks onlyme! but I very it a bit. about shoulders and chest in the morning I start with behind the neck press and then do chest and after i finish chest I finish shoulders.

natural al I understand what you are saying but I am growing tired of staying the same. For the 4 years i did something like an arnold routine but twice a week and only once a day. Lately I have been trying different routines and when I saw Lee Haney training precontest from a video posted here last week it really hit me. The guys in the old days trained 3 times a week and had herculean physiques. I got nothing to lose trying it.
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 12:16:26 PM »
Thanks onlyme! but I very it a bit. about shoulders and chest in the morning I start with behind the neck press and then do chest and after i finish chest I finish shoulders.

natural al I understand what you are saying but I am growing tired of staying the same. For the 4 years i did something like an arnold routine but twice a week and only once a day. Lately I have been trying different routines and when I saw Lee Haney training precontest from a video posted here last week it really hit me. The guys in the old days trained 3 times a week and had herculean physiques. I got nothing to lose trying it.

I'm telling you from expierience that nothing good can come of what you are doing.  I did the same thing back when I was younger and wish I never did.  If I could comprehend what I know know back then, I'd do things totally different.  If you are serious about competing then you need to build a really solid base and I don't think you can do that doing what you are doing.  You're natural so you have to be extra careful, you're CNS is something that is going to shut down on you and you won't grow. 

If you're training hard, I mean really hard, how can you even think about training twice a day?  I do DC training and it's some of the most intense stuff out there, I did a workout the other day and I worked so hard I couldn't sleep that night, I was sore for days..no way could I train again that day or the next for that matter.   I'm older than you by quite a bit and I don't recover as fast as I used to, I'm natural and I think I've got alot of test for a natural, I'm strong as an ox and I'm growing more on DC than I ever did on any other routine.  I would never go back to conventional training..ever.  A guy loaded up on gear can probably make that stuff work but no way can a natural, no way.  Say what you want about guys like Lacour and Willet and even Derik Farnsworth, they are all natural-or claim to be and they all do heavy, short, high intesity workouts..they're max ot not DC but it's still, you have to realize that you don't grow from just lifting, you grow from recovering.
nasser=piece of shit