Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding Radio - 04-24-06 - about the Masters  (Read 12417 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Pro Bodybuilding Radio - 04-24-06 - about the Masters
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:02:12 PM »
Announcement - Episode # 34

Congratulations to "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" co-host Bob Cicherillo, the 2006 IFBB Masters World Champion!    Join us next Monday, April 24th for a LIVE worldwide broadcast as Team MuscleTech presents Pro Bodybuilding Weekly...the voice of professional bodybuilding.  Tune in at 8pm est (5pm pst) as Dan & Bob go behind the scenes for a look back at the Masters showdown.   

Replays of all prior broadcasts are now available "on-demand" at www.ProBodybuildingWeekl y.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Radio - 04-24-06 - about the Masters
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:05:33 PM »
John Hnatyshak and Rich Gaspari were both judges at the Masters Pro. They would make some great guests!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »
ITs definetly going to be a GLOAT fest... with him droppin hints about the  "Boards" and how he could care less, then revisit the Boards topic and round and round we go....
L

LifterChick

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 05:12:52 PM »
John Hnatyshak and Rich Gaspari were both judges at the Masters Pro.

They would make some great guests, as opposed to one of the pros ranting for 48 minutes about how much he isn't affected by the boards.

Maybe they could get Rusty to comment as well on what he thinks about his conditioning and where he feels he should have been placed.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 07:23:59 PM »
Dan or Bob:

Any chance of having Rusty Jeffers on as a guest to comment?  I would think his views on the Master's would be very interesting.

Ron: "I am lazy."

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 04:22:55 PM »
I suspect Bob will be a hell of a lot more candid and open , but in a classy way.
The man, looked great, won the show, let him have his day in the sun.
I think the name of the game for some here is to crap on anyone who does something good so they feel better about being a loser in this game.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 04:52:29 PM »
you make it sound like he actually won something...sorry bud, i aint buyin it

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 06:41:24 PM »
I suspect Bob will be a hell of a lot more candid and open , but in a classy way.
The man, looked great, won the show, let him have his day in the sun.
I think the name of the game for some here is to crap on anyone who does something good so they feel better about being a loser in this game.
Howard

Howard, come on....  can you be any more of a kiss-ass?  If you think Bob won, fine, you have a right to your opinion, but obviously a lot of people disagree with you.  Either way, Bob doesn't need you to defend him every other post...  you're starting to take on schmoe-like qualities.
Ron: "I am lazy."

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 09:13:15 PM »
Howard, come on....  can you be any more of a kiss-ass?  If you think Bob won, fine, you have a right to your opinion, but obviously a lot of people disagree with you.  Either way, Bob doesn't need you to defend him every other post...  you're starting to take on schmoe-like qualities.

Let me guess, it's cool for you guys to bash Bob in every thread, but not cool for people who thought he won to say so? And I thought it was the judges who weren't being consistent ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »
Dan or Bob:

Any chance of having Rusty Jeffers on as a guest to comment?  I would think his views on the Master's would be very interesting.

*still no answer for Goat's Q from Dan or Chick...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 10:51:46 PM »
There is a legitimate question to ask on the radio show about the Master's - why Rusty Jeffers was placed in 8th place. Some of the people I talked to, even some of the competitors and people in the audience, said he should of been in 5th or so. But a few said that Rusty was way too soft, which hurt him in the placings.

Many people would like to ask Rusty what placing did he think he should of been at? Did he personally think he was better than Bob, then Johnny, then Pavol, etc...  Nothing to knock Rusty, but it is a legitimate question.

Rusty placed in 12th at the 2005 Ironman, and I thought he looked just as good as he did at the Masters.

Here are some pics of Rusty...

http://www.getbig.com/pics/ironman/2005/finals/jeffers.htm

Oh yes, I did speak with Bob today about the whole thing. I think that if Rusty wanted to go on the program on Monday, it wouldnt be a problem. I even offered him to give me a statement so I can let him have whatever opinion he wants and make sure they get it. Rusty has not responded back yet, but did email me earlier today saying that he did want to do the Colorado Pro in 4 weeks, and that he felt he was screwed at the Masters.

As for Bob C, he flew to the NPC Emerald Cup in Washington for the weekend, which is one of the most amazing NPC shows each year. You have to see it to beleive how successful Brad & Elaine Craig (the promoters) can make an NPC be!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 10:53:58 PM »
Serious Q, Bob Chick-

By winning the Masters O and earning an Olympia berth when he already had a committment to "emcee the show for BBing.com"...

The IFBB Athlete's Rep deprived Johnny Stewart of a chance to compete at the Olympia. 

Will you be petitioning the IFBB for an Olympia invite for Johnny Stewart, the man who took 2nd?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 10:59:35 PM »
Bob doesnt have to petition the IFBB for the invite. Johnny Stewart has too, in writing, request an invitation for it. In the past, and I am not sure of how it goes now, the pro who wrote to the IFBB requesting a special invite had a chance for acceptance.

But nothing against Johnny Stewart, but last year, he placed 13th at the Charlotte Pro Championships (Rusty Jeffers placed 12th at this show), and did not place in the top 17 in the 2004 Show of Strength.  In fact, Johnny placed second at the 2003 Olympia Masters also, so his chance at an invite wouldnt be good.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 11:36:40 PM »
Ron pretty much summed it up.

The decision to compete or not is up to me, and me only. Johnny didn't win, so it's irrelevant. It wouldn't be any different if I was going to enter, and ended up getting injured and couldn't compete....it doesn't give a runner up, or a guy 1 place outside of qualifying, any right to think that he's eligible.

You either qualify, or you don't.

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Love is a Force of Nature
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 11:43:48 PM »

The decision to compete or not is up to me, and me only. Johnny didn't win, so it's irrelevant. It wouldn't be any different if I was going to enter, and ended up getting injured and couldn't compete....it doesn't give a runner up, or a guy 1 place outside of qualifying, any right to think that he's eligible.

Chick, in fairness to Johnny's wife, get him an invite so she can have one weekend without getting knocked on her ass!
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 03:59:43 AM »

hey Chick,

does daddy Manion still have the flu?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 05:07:04 AM »

his win was honoraria for services rendered, for the record, that is

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 06:32:48 PM »

give me a fuckin break dude you dont do vegas because you know you cant place in vegas and THAT IS IT! if you had a chance to make top 15 you would be on stage and nothing would have stoped it. i swear i hope you try to prove me wrong and come stand next to us on stage..you wont place i am willing to bet 500 schering turkish primo amps estimated cost for the average customer in usa = $6500.
fallen angel

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 07:24:05 PM »
give me a fuckin break dude you dont do vegas because you know you cant place in vegas and THAT IS IT! if you had a chance to make top 15 you would be on stage and nothing would have stoped it. i swear i hope you try to prove me wrong and come stand next to us on stage..you wont place i am willing to bet 500 schering turkish primo amps estimated cost for the average customer in usa = $6500.

GH just summed it up...by the way GH, Do you know if those stealth injectables around are any good???

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 07:36:37 PM »
GH just summed it up...by the way GH, Do you know if those stealth injectables around are any good???

ug is ug ...hg is hg...you get what you pay for...same as any ug out there.
fallen angel

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 07:48:09 PM »

Where would you place in Vegas? ::)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 12:00:14 AM »
  Where would you place in Vegas? ::)

since a mod erased the last 2 comments with a wish i respond i will!
i will make top 15! bobbie wont! i will do the show and guess what bobbie wont! (you can never predict that early how you would place in vegas)

now ill go and drink a big allwhites papetti foods container while waiting paciently on lucious response ;) night homos
fallen angel

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 12:32:25 AM »

Thats the difference between you and me.....I don't need to compete in the Olympia to be successful. I commited to hosting both days of the Olympia 6 months ago....whether I qualified or not was irrelevant. Making the top 15 and beating your ass would not be a problem.

....and quit using terms like "us"...YOU aint anybody. If you were...you would say who you are, instead of being a coward and showing you have no balls....

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 01:31:09 AM »
Thats the difference between you and me.....I don't need to compete in the Olympia to be successful. I commited to hosting both days of the Olympia 6 months ago....whether I qualified or not was irrelevant. Making the top 15 and beating your ass would not be a problem.

....and quit using terms like "us"...YOU aint anybody. If you were...you would say who you are, instead of being a coward and showing you have no balls....
sorry, but you ain't the 'judge' here

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2006, 01:43:13 AM »

nonono my friend the diff between you and I (make sure your english is on spot ;)) is that i would bring more than 4 guys into our meetings, i would make sure every one in vegas who makes top 10 get some slice of the $, i would make sure i represent us bodybuilders and not sit online bullshiting around, i would make sure that i do not compete while taking on myself the title "representetive" and i defenitely would keep myself as clean as possible and not use vulgar barbaric language as the representetive! period

-the diff between you and i is that you are an old 3rd tier bodybuilder with no wins in the pro circuit.

-the diff between you and i is that you like many others live in "mecca" and train in golds and think its enough to make you anything on stage but its not! from my experience if you ever wanna be anything in bodybuilding try to go as far as you can from "mecca" come there and hang around but dont live there forever! because you will become exactly what you are bobbie and what you are is: AIR BUBBLE

-the diff between you and i is that i will most likely god willing make top 10 and you wont be able to make top 15 even at yoru best at your current age

-the diff between you and i is that i have good taste in women

-the diff between you and i is that if there were 2 groups of athletes one is lead by chris and one by ron you would be in the chris group and i would   be in ron's group because just like him you are a lot of wind yet no hurricane,,,only diff is chris can pull it off due to genetics you CANT

why would anyone of us wanna come to a meeting that you  hold?? you are barbaric under the mask..you are a.d.d for sure and you wonder why no one will come to the meetings?? what have you EVER done for us?? what have you done for rusty ?? does he deserve 8th place?? you are full of balonie you ...what have you done to bring any of us bodybuilders more money in to our pockets? NOTHING you did nothing you think about YOURSELF and the reason you do not compete in vegas is very simple. BODYBUILDING.COM AND YOU BOTH KNOW YOU WONT PLACE AND SINCE YOU REPRESENT THEM IT WILL BE A EMBERESSING (yes i like that spelling)

AS I SAID TIMES AND TIMES OVER AND OVER. THE MOMENT YOU SHOW ME IN A VIDEO FOOTAGE THAT TOM IS 230 ON SCALE (CLOTHES ON, PUMPES, CARRYING 20LB DUMBELL IN HIS HAND) I WILL TELL THE BOARD WHO I AM AND I WILL PROVE IT EITHER ON CAM OR BY EMAIL

till then look for me :)

as for who i am: i am your worst nightmare
fallen angel