Author Topic: What multivitamin do you use?  (Read 5080 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
What multivitamin do you use?
« on: September 25, 2020, 06:35:13 AM »
Used to use this 5+ years ago, but stopped after I found variations in quality.

Now, I take generous doses of B complex, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Zinc & Vitamin C. But I wouldn't mind a "one-stop-shop" approach where 1 pill can do the trick.

Any you would recommend?

"1"

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: What multivitamin do you use?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 06:41:22 AM »
Ribeye

Filets and sirloin are good vitamins too!

Bench

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 06:43:39 AM »
Also interested as well. Preferably one where they don’t add a bunch of extra shit in trace amount like saw palmetto and green tea just for labeling purposes.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 06:44:48 AM »
WalMart.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 06:46:14 AM »
Kale Greens and Electricity!

Q

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 06:52:02 AM »
My current vitamins:

Vitamin D3
Omega 3
Milk Thistle
Grapeseed extract
NAC ( N-acetylcysteine)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 08:16:29 AM »
Used to use this 5+ years ago, but stopped after I found variations in quality.

Now, I take generous doses of B complex, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Zinc & Vitamin C. But I wouldn't mind a "one-stop-shop" approach where 1 pill can do the trick.

Any you would recommend?

"1"
I bet you take a generous dosing of  vitamin D.....

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 08:17:52 AM »
none.  I used to get stomach aches, pee that glowed in the dark.  Waste of money.  Unless you're eating bamboo all day, there's no need for this shit.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 08:20:30 AM »
The only "multi" I take is a chelated multi-mineral.  All my vitamins are separate. 

I'm 54 now and ppl tell me I look 40. 

Been taking vits and mins for the last 37 years.  Pretty cheap insurance.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 08:21:00 AM »
Calcium mag zinc d3 at walmart got rid of weird cysts i was getting
A

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 08:27:14 AM »
 The only vitamin I actually take is the injectable vitamin b complex made by durvet.

I get it at tractor supply. It is for lifestock but I've been using it for years without issue.

1ml every week, or 1ml 2x a week if I need it or am sick.

Bench

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 08:28:21 AM »
none.  I used to get stomach aches, pee that glowed in the dark.  Waste of money.  Unless you're eating bamboo all day, there's no need for this shit.

Never buy vitamins at Walmart.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 08:37:28 AM »
Never buy vitamins at Walmart.

You get the Chinese edition

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 09:20:25 AM »
Multivitamins are useless unless you have a case of severe malnutrition - and doubtful anyone on here has that. There are a few vitamins that have some worth in unique cases (pregnancy, for example)  but by and large just eat a balanced diet.

https://www.sciencealert.com/are-vitamin-pills-good-or-bad-some-you-should-take-folic-acid-zinc
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 09:21:56 AM »
I know ON used to be a pretty good quality brand and i took the same Opti-men vitamins for years.  The past 3-4 years i've taken Bayer Men's One A Day.  Take one with lunch every day unless i'm traveling and forget.  If i don't take them for a few weeks i can tell a difference in my hair and nails, not much else.  I also each plenty of fruits and veggies every day.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 09:24:44 AM »
Multivitamins are useless unless you have a case of severe malnutrition - and doubtful anyone on here has that. There are a few vitamins that have some worth in unique cases (pregnancy, for example)  but by and large just eat a balanced diet.

https://www.sciencealert.com/are-vitamin-pills-good-or-bad-some-you-should-take-folic-acid-zinc
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

Very few people follow a diet strict enough to benefit from the natural effects from food.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2020, 09:28:56 AM »
The only vitamin I actually take is the injectable vitamin b complex made by durvet.

I get it at tractor supply. It is for lifestock but I've been using it for years without issue.

1ml every week, or 1ml 2x a week if I need it or am sick.

Bench
Just like steroids. We are mammals

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2020, 09:32:14 AM »
The only "multi" I take is a chelated multi-mineral.  All my vitamins are separate. 

I'm 54 now and ppl tell me I look 40. 

Been taking vits and mins for the last 37 years.  Pretty cheap insurance.

Does being chelated improve absorption? I was thinking of doing similar to what you’re doing. Which brands do you use and which individual vitamins do you take?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 09:32:48 AM »
Multivitamins are useless unless you have a case of severe malnutrition - and doubtful anyone on here has that. There are a few vitamins that have some worth in unique cases (pregnancy, for example) but by and large just eat a balanced diet.

Totally inadequate.  The average balanced "diet" is already deficient.  Depleted crop soils, industrial pollution, carcinogens, free radicals does a number on the human body.  We also have an epidemic in over consumption of processed/fast/junk foods.  Calorie dense, nutritionally void. 

No one should overdose on vitamins or minerals, but taking enough to ensure optimum levels is wise and pretty cheap insurance.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 09:35:43 AM »
Does being chelated improve absorption? I was thinking of doing similar to what you’re doing. Which brands do you use and which individual vitamins do you take?

Of minerals?... absolutely, especially as we age.  Just make sure the multi-mins you buy are chelated.  Forget about One-a-Day and other brands you find at your local CVS... those are basically ground up rocks.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 09:38:46 AM »
Nature Made Multi Complete

Natrol Omega-3 Fish Oil

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2020, 09:39:26 AM »
Of minerals?... absolutely, especially as we age.  Just make sure the multi-mins you buy are chelated.  Forget about One-a-Day and other brands you find at your local CVS... those are basically ground up rocks.

Thanks! What individuals vitamins are you taking? I currently take vitamin K2, additional D3 and C

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2020, 09:40:11 AM »
:D

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2020, 09:40:18 AM »
Very few people follow a diet strict enough to benefit from the natural effects from food.

How strict does it have to be to get fruit/vegetables and the three macronutrients a day, lol.

If you aren't you will be suffering from chronic malnutrition- and vitamins won't help. A vitamin is simply a micronutrient. It can't compensate for a general lack of basic nutrition. Most vitamins in nature are actually part of a larger, balanced organic complex and paired with minerals in a form best metabolized by the body. Take Biotin (Vitamin B7) for example. If you take it in the wrong dose it prevents vitamin B5 from being absorbed- leading to skin issues - the very reason people started taking biotin supplements in the first place!

Stick to foods.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2020, 09:43:57 AM »
Picking a multivitamin, the first thing is to feel confident that what's on the label is actually in the product. I usually pick one from the pharmacy. I think a multi by a drug manufacturer is more likely to be legit than a bodybuilding brand where there is zero oversight.

Totally inadequate.  The average balanced "diet" is already deficient.  Depleted crop soils, industrial pollution, carcinogens, free radicals does a number on the human body.  Then you have an epidemic for the over consumption of processed/fast/junk foods.  Calorie dense, nutritionally void. 

No one should overdose on vitamins or minerals, but taking enough to ensure optimum levels is wise and pretty cheap insurance.

It's pretty complicated when one really looks into those things you mention, beyond the headlines and memes.
Processed doesn't necessarily mean worse. Natural doesn't necessarily mean better than artificial in every case. Everything can cause cancer, including breathing. Dose determines the poison, everything can be poisonous.
Apples contain a natural known cancerogen, as do other veggies and fruits. Not all known crops are worse nutritionally than in the past. And on and on. :)

Do you use antioxidants? If so, which ones and why? :)