Author Topic: RUSTY WANTS TO DO THE COLORADO PRO!  (Read 18785 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: RUSTY WANTS TO DO THE COLORADO PRO!
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2006, 10:43:25 PM »
Now that is strange. Rusty yesterday said he wanted to do the Colorado Pro. A ticket from Arizona to Colorado was one we could of staged for him. Sorry to hear that.  But Rusty has a family to take care of too, and if competing right now it too expensive without a sponsor, we should understand that.

As for Lift and 240, you guys want to rumble, use the Z Board :). Focus guys!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2006, 10:45:40 PM »
Remember, LIFT.  I'm available when you're ready to get on the map ;)
When I want advice from clowns I'll buy a happy meal, but thanks.

BTW - you're in the newest IRONMAN, congrats!

Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2006, 10:51:27 PM »
I heard!  That is awesome :)

And to think I've only been doing this full time for 4 months now.  Imagine what a year will bring.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2006, 10:55:24 PM »
I heard!  That is awesome :)

And to think I've only been doing this full time for 4 months now.  Imagine what a year will bring.
Thanks to Lonnie T. for helping to make 240 famous with this Arnold pic of 240 and Ron in your column...

Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2006, 10:56:41 PM »
I knew I liked that Teper guy!

yendor1152

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2006, 06:19:39 AM »
QUOTE:

"Now that is strange. Rusty yesterday said he wanted to do the Colorado Pro. A ticket from Arizona to Colorado was one we could of staged for him. Sorry to hear that.  But Rusty has a family to take care of too, and if competing right now it too expensive without a sponsor, we should understand that."

Rusty WAS going to do the Colorado Pro, but he's since changed his mind. A big part of that has to do with finances. He isn't sponsored and has to pay all of this out of his own pocket. The hotel room alone in Manhattan set them back $800.00. Might be mad money to some, but Rusty's a hard-working dude who has to bust his balls to make $$$.

His competitive plans for 2006 were being focused on the Olympia Wild Card--but according to Chick there isn't going to be a Wild Card this year, so that's out of the equation. Rusty lurks here, by the way.

Rod

LifterChick

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2006, 09:20:26 AM »
QUOTE:

"Now that is strange. Rusty yesterday said he wanted to do the Colorado Pro. A ticket from Arizona to Colorado was one we could of staged for him. Sorry to hear that.  But Rusty has a family to take care of too, and if competing right now it too expensive without a sponsor, we should understand that."

Rusty WAS going to do the Colorado Pro, but he's since changed his mind. A big part of that has to do with finances. He isn't sponsored and has to pay all of this out of his own pocket. The hotel room alone in Manhattan set them back $800.00. Might be mad money to some, but Rusty's a hard-working dude who has to bust his balls to make $$$.

His competitive plans for 2006 were being focused on the Olympia Wild Card--but according to Chick there isn't going to be a Wild Card this year, so that's out of the equation. Rusty lurks here, by the way.

Rod

This is why I said earlier that the money should have been fronted for Rusty and recouped later via paypal.   >:(

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2006, 09:43:44 AM »
QUOTE:
Rusty WAS going to do the Colorado Pro, but he's since changed his mind. A big part of that has to do with finances.
Totally understood and this the EXACT reason many other competitors gave for dropping out of the show, when they initially said they would be in Colorado.

Elevate Your Image.™

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2006, 09:51:54 AM »
Totally understood and this the EXACT reason many other competitors gave for dropping out of the show, when they initially said they would be in Colorado.

not many can afford motel 6 after footing that transportation bill

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2006, 09:58:50 AM »
not many can afford motel 6 after footing that transportation bill

You ever noticed how Motel 6 sex is lame compared to Holiday Inn sex?

Just thought I'd share.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2006, 10:09:34 AM »
So much money is going into prizes for this show when they could be better spent on helping some of these guys compete. Remember, this is a bodybuilding show not a raffle. Seems like these guys are always an after thought.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2006, 10:25:03 AM »
I don't get it.  No other Pro is doing the show why would Rusty.  SO far more guys have dropped out of this show that have stayed in it.  I was wondering do IFBB pros get unemployement.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2006, 03:02:50 PM »
hold the show early so the guys can catch the last plane out and not have to stay in that cow town overnight

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2006, 03:05:30 PM »
hold the show early so the guys can catch the last plane out and not have to stay in that cow town overnight

Moo?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2006, 10:32:36 PM »
I'm sure Shanw will have a nice suite.  Whats wrong with putting Rusty up in his room.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2006, 10:36:02 PM »
I'm sure Shanw will have a nice suite.  Whats wrong with putting Rusty up in his room.

Nothing wrong with sleeping in the same bed as another man. We've all done it.

Rusty Jeffers

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2006, 09:49:52 AM »
I just posted to the other thread all about what I'm about and all the other crap..I've thought about a lot of this, but my decision not to compete wasn't just airfare and hotel..I'm not homeless for gods sake!!!  I needed to be realistic about how much money it takes to prepare for a show...not the travel.  I figured with money won from the Masters I would do the Colorado...but after coming home with only an "I love NY" t-shirt, I have have financial obligations. There is no way to do the show without getting into debt and with the way judging is going...I don't owe my financial future to people who don't appreciate symmetry and balance.  I guess right now I'm just going  "what the f()*^&^????

I appreciate all of everyones kind words and encouragement,,it means a LOT.  But right now, I'm just going to regroup and figure out what show will be next... I'm down but NOT OUT!!!!

By the way, Bob is a nice guy!  He's been cool with me. Nuff said on that.

Rusty

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2006, 12:17:30 PM »
I just posted to the other thread all about what I'm about and all the other crap..I've thought about a lot of this, but my decision not to compete wasn't just airfare and hotel..I'm not homeless for gods sake!!!  I needed to be realistic about how much money it takes to prepare for a show...not the travel.  I figured with money won from the Masters I would do the Colorado...but after coming home with only an "I love NY" t-shirt, I have have financial obligations. There is no way to do the show without getting into debt and with the way judging is going...I don't owe my financial future to people who don't appreciate symmetry and balance.  I guess right now I'm just going  "what the f()*^&^????

I appreciate all of everyones kind words and encouragement,,it means a LOT.  But right now, I'm just going to regroup and figure out what show will be next... I'm down but NOT OUT!!!!

By the way, Bob is a nice guy!  He's been cool with me. Nuff said on that.

Rusty

Thanks Rusty!  See you in the PDI! ;)

Rob