Author Topic: How To Spend 30 Dollars Or Less In Groceries A Month!  (Read 17622 times)

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
Re: How To Spend 30 Dollars Or Less In Groceries A Month!
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2020, 09:07:42 PM »

Vince G
poor grammer
poor finance
poor butthole

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2020, 09:18:52 PM »

Pooh yes I did and it was much more extreme than this one in which I spent about 15 dollars a month.  I had to save enough money to move away from Sylva to Greenville very quickly.  No chicken....just a lot of plain bread, beans, rice and oatmeal.  I did what I had to do.

Pics of you from that time bro? Was this post military?

I'm sure it was cheaper 20 years ago, i'm looking forward to a picture, you must have been lean on such a diet.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2020, 09:28:09 PM »
Pics of you from that time bro? Was this post military?

I'm sure it was cheaper 20 years ago, i'm looking forward to a picture, you must have been lean on such a diet.

This was about 5 years ago...lol.
A

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2020, 09:45:54 PM »

Maybe...you....should... read...it.  🙄

I read it. I definitely made me more aware of how much money I waste on food. I can spend much less and eat much more healthy. I just have to discipline myself more
to cook at home more. I mean, I don't make it easy. I'll cook a bunch of rice and chicken (I like the chicken tenderloins) and then put them in the freezer and just warm up what I need. Also, I buy those mixed frozen vegetables so I include that too. But often even that, cooking for the week, I tend to put off and then wind up eating out during the week. But I am doing my weeks cooking right now and I just defrosted the chicken and the Foreman is heated up and the rice cooker is going full steam so time to get at it.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2020, 10:48:32 PM »
One person is not a group, no matter how fat he gets.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2020, 12:17:50 AM »
Enjoy fellow Getbiggers

https://goodrumgroup.com/index.php/2020/12/06/how-to-spend-30-dollars-a-month-or-less-in-groceries/

Very interesting. I'm not sure how much I spend on groceries in a month. My guess is that it is more than $30. a lot more. In fact I went to Market of Choice, a neighborhood market, last week for a few items (all of which fit in one bag) and spent over $100. Food is not something I chintz on. A pint of McConnell's Turkish Coffee ice-cream which is a favorite of mine, costs about $9 at the store and $12 online. CB's Nuts, my peanut butter of choice runs $8 to $12 a pint. The ingredients are ground peanuts....period. I buy smoked salmon spread made fresh at the local fish market.

Because I don't always feel like cooking, I buy Amy's or Evol frozen entree's. I don't considered eating out or getting take-out (since restaurants are restricted to take-out only right now in Oregon) as part of my grocery bill even though I get used to eat out and now get take out very often....specially for lunch since I have pretty much never packed a lunch for work. Eating out is much more interesting and tasty than eating a soggy sandwich you packed hours earlier. I am not opposed to fast food takeout from places like Burgerville, Subway, Baja Fresh and Panda Express. The other night we celebrated a birthday by ordering take out from Olive Garden. It was just as good as eating at the restaurant, only quieter.

I can be a total cheapskate about some things but never when it comes to food. I get that you can eat healthy and not spend a fortune. One of the problems I've found is that buying for one is never going to be as cheap or easy as buying groceries for a family. Can't tell you how many loaves of bread I've tossed because I couldn't use them up fast enough. A head of lettuce is a lot of lettuce for anyone to consume before it goes bad unless you eat lettuce for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Your article is interesting but not at all appetizing, sorry. I like rice but just how much rice can someone eat before they get sick of it. Freezing scrambled eggs sounds gross. Scrambling eggs right is an art. They should be moist and creamy but not runny. The best way to scramble eggs I've found is to do it on very low heat so that they thicken slowly and add some butter at the finish. It takes a bit of patience, but damn is it worth it.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2020, 09:09:16 AM »
Very interesting. I'm not sure how much I spend on groceries in a month. My guess is that it is more than $30. a lot more. In fact I went to Market of Choice, a neighborhood market, last week for a few items (all of which fit in one bag) and spent over $100. Food is not something I chintz on. A pint of McConnell's Turkish Coffee ice-cream which is a favorite of mine, costs about $9 at the store and $12 online. CB's Nuts, my peanut butter of choice runs $8 to $12 a pint. The ingredients are ground peanuts....period. I buy smoked salmon spread made fresh at the local fish market.

Because I don't always feel like cooking, I buy Amy's or Evol frozen entree's. I don't considered eating out or getting take-out (since restaurants are restricted to take-out only right now in Oregon) as part of my grocery bill even though I get used to eat out and now get take out very often....specially for lunch since I have pretty much never packed a lunch for work. Eating out is much more interesting and tasty than eating a soggy sandwich you packed hours earlier. I am not opposed to fast food takeout from places like Burgerville, Subway, Baja Fresh and Panda Express. The other night we celebrated a birthday by ordering take out from Olive Garden. It was just as good as eating at the restaurant, only quieter.

I can be a total cheapskate about some things but never when it comes to food. I get that you can eat healthy and not spend a fortune. One of the problems I've found is that buying for one is never going to be as cheap or easy as buying groceries for a family. Can't tell you how many loaves of bread I've tossed because I couldn't use them up fast enough. A head of lettuce is a lot of lettuce for anyone to consume before it goes bad unless you eat lettuce for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Your article is interesting but not at all appetizing, sorry. I like rice but just how much rice can someone eat before they get sick of it. Freezing scrambled eggs sounds gross. Scrambling eggs right is an art. They should be moist and creamy but not runny. The best way to scramble eggs I've found is to do it on very low heat so that they thicken slowly and add some butter at the finish. It takes a bit of patience, but damn is it worth it.
Meltdown. Nobody wants your scrambled eggs.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2020, 09:11:43 AM »
long winded posting fool

no one cares about your long stories full of dilution and garbage

lives in a dump

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2020, 09:12:54 AM »
Why the fuck would anyone choose to eat like that? Surely nobody in the developed world is so bastard poor they can only spend 30 quid a month on bait?

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2020, 09:17:17 AM »
don't even try to make sense out of a goodgums post

its just not possible

its half lies half dilutions half who knows

i mean his old girlfriend aka a man

couldn't even look straight

one eye there one eye here

how in the hell would you expect this guy to be truthful about anything

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2020, 09:17:35 AM »
Why the fuck would anyone choose to eat like that? Surely nobody in the developed world is so bastard poor they can only spend 30 quid a month on bait?
I'm still wondering how Sterling is worth more than the U.S. Dollar?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2020, 09:19:32 AM »

its just not possible

Delusions.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2020, 09:23:31 AM »

I already stated in the article that there is no issue with eating out or buying pre-made meals but this is a guide to reducing the cost of meals by purchasing base ingredients in bulk.  However , you indeed live off these items and you would be quite surprised as to what I can whip up.

The reason I wrote the article is for a resubmission as part of a bill to eliniminating SNAP (food stamps)into providing essential foods directly.  By doing so, it will allow poor families to be much healthier and save billions of dollars.  The majority of food stamps is used to buy junk food anyway.  You can even use food stamps at McDonalds.....complete bullshit.  Lindsey Graham thought it was a good idea when I sent him the original one but it never came to pass.  Hopefully this time will be more successful although I dont like him anymore

I can say without a doubt this is only thing I have ever read, that was written by you, that I didn’t consider to be an absolute joke.

I have honestly thought the exact same thing; I’m rich and white, therefor I usually end up with around 50 hour work weeks. Having said that, I find myself at the stove every day. If I can can cook and maintain a healthy diet with such a strenuous work schedule, the unemployed have zero excuse.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2020, 09:25:54 AM »

its just not possible

Dilutions? Do you mean delusions? The word dilutions doesn't make sense in this context.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2020, 09:28:22 AM »
actually i meant

fuck you

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2020, 09:28:31 AM »
I can say without a doubt this is only thing I have ever read, that was written by you, that I didn’t consider to be an absolute joke.

I have honestly thought the exact same thing; I’m rich and white, therefor I usually end up with around 50 hour work weeks. Having said that, I find myself at the stove every day. If I can can cook and maintain a healthy diet with such a strenuous work schedule, the unemployed have zero excuse.
Define "strenuous". Office chairs don't count.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2020, 09:29:01 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2020, 09:30:29 AM »
actually i meant

fuck you

Good answer. One which confirms that you have no idea what either word means.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2020, 09:32:38 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2020, 09:39:55 AM »
How about just a damn grocery list?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2020, 09:43:56 AM »
How about just a damn grocery list?
It seems like you are angry. Just fill your backpack with bricks and run. Howl at the moon if it makes you feel better.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2020, 09:46:02 AM »
It seems like you are angry. Just fill your backpack with bricks and run. Howl at the moon if it makes you feel better.
;D

Just stirring the gumbo pot homie!   :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)  :)  :)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2020, 09:50:51 AM »
;D

Just stirring the gumbo pot homie!   :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)  :)  :)
... It's all fun and games!

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2020, 09:51:57 AM »
Good answer. One which confirms that you have no idea what either word means.

no I'm fully aware,

trying to make every god damn thread or post about you

sad little broke no body

but this isn't English class, schools out, old soggy

nor do I care about your opinion

so ill clarify if you didn't get it, cause even negative energy is good to you, as long as your being paid attention too

fuck you cock gobbler

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V