Author Topic: How To Spend 30 Dollars Or Less In Groceries A Month!  (Read 17569 times)

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: How To Spend 30 Dollars Or Less In Groceries A Month!
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2020, 01:56:01 PM »

That's exactly what its suppose to be....survival.  No more money wasted on food stamps...shit cost billions for them to buy candy bars and fast food.  My plan just provides appropriate provisions.  It's more food than people got as rations for WW1 and WW2.  We can use the extra farm subsidies for supplies.  Each family gets an even portion....if they want more then they can fucking go work for it

The fatal flaw in your "plan" is that nobody is going to follow it.

I think it's a reasonable plan for someone who is desperate to save money, but do you honestly think anyone is going to give up their free government funds to eat like this?

The only way people would eat like this is if they forced to, which i think they should. I think if you're on government assistance you shouldn't get to buy what you want. In fact, if all the leeches were forced to eat this diet until they got off of the government tit, we'd be a better country and they might learn to take care of themselves.

You know none of these "types" of people want to "work" for anything Vince.

Good effort non the less.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2020, 02:03:51 PM »
The fatal flaw in your "plan" is that nobody is going to follow it.

I think it's a reasonable plan for someone who is desperate to save money, but do you honestly think anyone is going to give up their free government funds to eat like this?

The only way people would eat like this is if they forced to, which i think they should. I think if you're on government assistance you shouldn't get to buy what you want. In fact, if all the leeches were forced to eat this diet until they got off of the government tit, we'd be a better country and they might learn to take care of themselves.

You know none of these "types" of people want to "work" for anything Vince.

Good effort non the less.

They wont have any choice if they want to eat because that food stamp will not work...
A

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2020, 02:19:12 PM »
Vince do you drink or smoke weed? Partial to a bit of white? Any vices?

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2020, 02:21:10 PM »

They wont have any choice if they want to eat because that food stamp will not work...

you saying welfare is going to stop?

in your fucking dreams

we want the blackies to keep blaming us for taking that free money bro

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »
It’s good you want your people to rise up of welfare bro

But what you don’t know is them being on welfare  for  multiple generations is my fault

Yes  a 40 year man who grew up in Southern California with opportunities abound by all

No matter the race

But the fact is it’s all whiteys fault they want their gobment cheese bro

You think aunt jamima with her 7 kids I’d gonna cook , let alone with discipline ?

Gluttony , black on black crime

All my fault

But it’s a noble cause

The fight your trying to fix isn’t in money related

It’s cultural

Write a paper on cultural problems in blacks

No father figure

No culture

Blaming others ,zero accountability

You could give every snap recipient 10 k a month

They would be  not only broke but  in massive debt , and lots of criminal charges in less than a year

Cranium related rather than cultural

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2020, 03:50:58 PM »

I'm talking about packaged noodles....not fresh homemade ones that you can make from the flour listed

I suspected that was what you meant. I would not have known this much about Ramen noodles except for the fact like my wife watched the food network daily and they did a special limited series about Ramen.

I think I've only tried the packaged Ramen noodles one or two times. It was like drinking salt water with worms floating in it. At least cut up and add some fresh vegetables so that it becomes marginally healthy. Udon and Soba noodles are healthier and much more interesting than Ramen noodles.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2020, 04:16:44 PM »
I spend a sickening amount of money on food. Im trapped by my desire to eat things that taste really good which are never good for me.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2020, 06:18:16 PM »
I blew my monthly budget in about 1 meal  ;D

.7oz new York strip, sweet potato, asparagus and 1 piece of cake

I had the steak cut in the middle since I cooked it in a cast iron skillet

life is too short to not eat quality food

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2020, 06:20:16 PM »
30 DOLLARS A MONTH.....AIN`T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT SHIT !!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2020, 06:40:48 PM »
I eat very well using my methods of buying in bulk....and I have plenty of variety.   You can apply the same technique to other meats such as beef and pork.   Don't want beans???  Get a sack of potatoes.  Buy bananas one week and dehydrate them...next week get kale or asparagus.   Mixing it up doesn't change the cost that much and you're still saving tons of money

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2020, 06:42:15 PM »
Look at that fluffy olive loaf

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2020, 06:44:56 PM »
36 cents.....Flour, Yeast, Salt, Water.   Come on Getbiggers

A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2020, 08:44:03 PM »
Stricter restrictions to SNAP programs isn't a new idea, but one of the biggest things holding it back is just that it would be a mess to implement. Even if we accepted that there is a such thing as a standard healthy diet (which is debatable), what constitutes a healthy food? The amount of fat in a single serving? The amount of carbs or salt? Avocados and nut products can have more fat than a lot of junk foods. Some cuts of meat are more than 60% fat. To make bread, some sugar is required. So what separates a healthy food from junk food? New food is introduced all the time, and all of that shit would have to be reviewed for whether or not it would be eligible for purchase or not.

On top of that is the matter of accessibility. Food insecurity is often linked with homelessness, or at least domestic instability. For benefits recipients, buying processed food isn't strictly a matter of buying the gnarliest fast food they can get their hands on, it's often the result of not even having the resources to prepare a home-cooked meal. Some don't have kitchens or pantries, which would prevent them from storing and preparing food. For them, the only option is to buy food that can be eaten as it is bought or that requires minimal preparation.

Additionally, the reality is that "junk food" is often the wisest choice for people with fixed food budgets. While processed food doesn't usually fit anyone's definition of healthy, it's often extremely calorie dense for the price, shelf/freezer stable, and more readily available in areas with higher benefits usage. And a big part of why they are so affordable is because of the insane subsidies these industries get.

In general, I'm not on the same page as the rest of GB that food insecurity programs should be as punitive as possible.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2020, 10:03:54 PM »
I think frugality is overrated. It is much more satisfying to make more money, if you can, and live a better lifestyle.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2020, 10:41:23 PM »
I ate better  in my college dorm room Melvin

You make me sad bro

What a waste of time and experience

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2020, 01:37:41 AM »

Pooh yes I did and it was much more extreme than this one in which I spent about 15 dollars a month.  I had to save enough money to move away from Sylva to Greenville very quickly.  No chicken....just a lot of plain bread, beans, rice and oatmeal.  I did what I had to do.
bitch please... you make it sound as if that is tough... that's nice and cozy life buying shit from a store

try living in sub zero C temps eating nothing but snails and seaweed for 50+ days.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2020, 05:11:11 AM »
Stricter restrictions to SNAP programs isn't a new idea, but one of the biggest things holding it back is just that it would be a mess to implement. Even if we accepted that there is a such thing as a standard healthy diet (which is debatable), what constitutes a healthy food? The amount of fat in a single serving? The amount of carbs or salt? Avocados and nut products can have more fat than a lot of junk foods. Some cuts of meat are more than 60% fat. To make bread, some sugar is required. So what separates a healthy food from junk food? New food is introduced all the time, and all of that shit would have to be reviewed for whether or not it would be eligible for purchase or not.

On top of that is the matter of accessibility. Food insecurity is often linked with homelessness, or at least domestic instability. For benefits recipients, buying processed food isn't strictly a matter of buying the gnarliest fast food they can get their hands on, it's often the result of not even having the resources to prepare a home-cooked meal. Some don't have kitchens or pantries, which would prevent them from storing and preparing food. For them, the only option is to buy food that can be eaten as it is bought or that requires minimal preparation.

Additionally, the reality is that "junk food" is often the wisest choice for people with fixed food budgets. While processed food doesn't usually fit anyone's definition of healthy, it's often extremely calorie dense for the price, shelf/freezer stable, and more readily available in areas with higher benefits usage. And a big part of why they are so affordable is because of the insane subsidies these industries get.

In general, I'm not on the same page as the rest of GB that food insecurity programs should be as punitive as possible.
Lot of inaccuracies and generalities in your comment.  Out of the 40 million people on snap, what % don't have a kitchen or access to a kitchen?  Do you have those numbers?  You also talk about the "insane" subsidies that keep fast food/junk food cheap.  While I'm 100% against subsidies, these subsidies do little to keep prices low.  The wheat subsides give farmers around 50 cents per bushel of wheat.  1 bu. of what could make 60-70 loaves of bread.  Same thing with sugar.  Sugar would be cheaper if the government wasn't involved by using quotas and subsidies.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2020, 05:39:33 AM »

Peanut butter is calorie dense and shelf stable.   Stop making excuses for people who waste their SNAP benefits because it hurts children the most in serious health problems.   Kids shouldn't be eating Kentucky Fried Chicken every day but they are.   
A

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2020, 06:35:47 AM »

Peanut butter is calorie dense and shelf stable.   Stop making excuses for people who waste their SNAP benefits because it hurts children the most in serious health problems.   Kids shouldn't be eating Kentucky Fried Chicken every day but they are.
you're a fucking moron, way to try to solve a problem that doesn't fucking exist.

you cant buy kfc with snap benefits, you cant buy any prepared or hot food unless you're elderly, disabled or are homeless and that's only in like 2-3 states

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2020, 07:07:27 AM »
you're a fucking moron, way to try to solve a problem that doesn't fucking exist.

you cant buy kfc with snap benefits, you cant buy any prepared or hot food unless you're elderly, disabled or are homeless and that's only in like 2-3 states

Yes you can...you can use an EBT card to buy fast food....you didnt know that???  And it's not just 2 states...its practically everywhere. 
A

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2020, 07:29:52 AM »
Every getbigger should take part in the GoodrumGroup!
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2020, 07:33:21 AM »
I blew my monthly budget in about 1 meal  ;D

.7oz new York strip, sweet potato, asparagus and 1 piece of cake

I had the steak cut in the middle since I cooked it in a cast iron skillet

life is too short to not eat quality food

How much did all that cost? Monthly budget?
Q

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2020, 07:48:07 AM »

Yes you can...you can use an EBT card to buy fast food....you didnt know that???  And it's not just 2 states...its practically everywhere.

I can't believe people are giving you shit about this Vince. You are completely right. The types of food you can buy on these food programs is horrible- we are subsidizing garbage diets for the poor.