Author Topic: Palumbo: I May Have Cancer  (Read 3671 times)

ziballz

• Getbig III
Palumbo: I May Have Cancer
« on: February 06, 2021, 01:47:57 AM »
Plugs his supplement line right before dropping the bomb...

What a badass :D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: Palumbo: I May Have Cancer
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 03:08:49 AM »
For some reason, I seem to recall that this is the sort of thing (thyroid) that affected people near the atomic bomb blasts

So maybe some of his supplements are stronger than expected ☢️

Hope he's OK (of course)
T

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 03:21:13 AM »
In the video Dave stresses his healthy lifestyle.  Guess he forgot about the years when he was 300 pounds of bloated ugliness.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 03:32:14 AM »
HGH self induced?

I don't think DP has acromegaly disorder genetically, but he may have induced it himself by hgh injections.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23836362/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6720980/

The risk of cancer in acromegaly especially the thyroid cancer risk seems to be more increased than known in the literature. Therefore, acromegaly patients should be screened routinely for cancer, especially for thyroid cancer due to it being up to four times higher prevalence than breast and colorectal cancer.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 04:19:24 AM »
HGH self induced?

I don't think DP has acromegaly disorder genetically, but he may have induced it himself by hgh injections.

Thank you.

I just learned something new regarding the correlation between Acromegaly and Thyroid Cancer.

"1"

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 04:48:58 AM »
Damn!  Serious shit.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 06:03:32 AM »
Take kelp ya new yawk fayg
A

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 07:31:31 AM »
Nope, ::)
So much misinformation as always with him, he does have a large following so credit him for that. He is entertaining but a hazard to himself and many others.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 07:39:19 AM »
You know, you see these other BBer's who didn't make it to the big time or win the big show... (or any show)...   and you  look in their eyes and you can see that they realize that the toll of BBing on their health, careers, family, relationships, etc.. was NOT worth it in the long run.

You look in DP's eyes and you can instantly tell that he really does think all the shit he is dealing with now was worth a flash in the pan a decade or so ago.  Even though it didn't pan out and he never turned pro.. instead he was a laughing stock with a melting condition named after him.  He keeps himself submerged in the BBing in various ways thinking each time that "this will be the one that works out for me and proves I belong here, I'll be rich now.."

monsterman500

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 07:57:08 AM »
regardless of peoples opinions on him i hope he`s OK.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 10:30:59 AM »
I wish him the best of health.  He would have been better off in lift if he stuck with running and never got involved in bodybuilding.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 10:45:10 AM »
Poor guy  :(

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 10:51:11 AM »
This is a common trend with streamers though, fake possibly having an illness, tragedy, breakup... then a few weeks later making a video saying it was a false alarm. This is a trick to up views

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 11:01:19 AM »
HGH self induced?

Interesting angle.  He certainly seems to have hands and feet disproportionate to his natural build

T

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2021, 11:04:56 AM »
I wish him the best of health.  He would have been better off in lift if he stuck with running and never got involved in bodybuilding.
Yes, running and natural lifting to add maybe 10lbs of muscle.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 11:07:44 AM »
You know, you see these other BBer's who didn't make it to the big time or win the big show... (or any show)...   and you  look in their eyes and you can see that they realize that the toll of BBing on their health, careers, family, relationships, etc.. was NOT worth it in the long run.

You look in DP's eyes and you can instantly tell that he really does think all the shit he is dealing with now was worth a flash in the pan a decade or so ago.  Even though it didn't pan out and he never turned pro.. instead he was a laughing stock with a melting condition named after him.  He keeps himself submerged in the BBing in various ways thinking each time that "this will be the one that works out for me and proves I belong here, I'll be rich now.."

I think it's kind of arrogant to presume to know someone has a ton of regrets. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but who's to say he has more regrets than average?

He does "belong" in bb. He isn't universally disliked and people come to him for advice. He has more influence in bb than most "champions".

How he's doing economically I don't know, but for sure way better than the average "pro" bb.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 11:11:07 AM »
Palumbo's lipoatrophy is really evident in this video.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2021, 11:19:20 AM »
Why doesn't he wait till he gets the test results to announce something like that?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2021, 12:01:07 PM »
Palumbo's lipoatrophy is really evident in this video.

It's horrible.  It reminds me of a local guy here that wasn't even positive but got his hands on PIs anyway because he was convinced they were the best fat burners out there.   Ran them for a couple of years.   Dude ruined himself basically.   Looks like shit. 

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2021, 12:04:05 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but seems like thyroid cancer, like prostate cancer, is very treatable.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2021, 12:15:03 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but seems like thyroid cancer, like prostate cancer, is very treatable.
It is, but I'd still rather do without it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2021, 06:05:01 PM »

Speaking from personal experience prostate cancer is treatable if it is caught in the early stages. It is also not usually a very aggressive cancer, which helps. Like with the prostate, we can live without a thyroid and Most thyroid cancers respond well to treatment and are curable. Both produce hormones which regulates something else. It is possible medicate in order to retain some of their function.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2021, 06:19:24 PM »
It is. I know someone who got it and had their thyroid removed. They are on medication for the rest of their life.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2021, 06:54:47 PM »

Ask Roger Ebert how treatable it is. He lived a nightmare.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2021, 07:07:55 PM »
It is. I know someone who got it and had their thyroid removed. They are on medication for the rest of their life.

Both my late wife and my daughter had malfunctioning thyroids. My daughter's was caught early enough on that the doctor was able to remove it. Both of them needed medication for life, as you said. It also didn't result in regaining total function and the medication needs constant adjustments.