Author Topic: PLEASE HELP  (Read 3181 times)

iwillgetthere

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
PLEASE HELP
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »
I need some quick advice I was doing a preachers curl the other day with heavy weight and when I got to the bottom of a failed attempt I heard and felt a snap in my left arm.  I set the bar down no huge pain went and immediately did 4 sets o 15 on 15 off ice and took alot of advil.  Now my entire forearm is black and blue and slightly swollen.  What could I have done and will it heal itself?  I have full function of it although I cant lift anything with my left arm.  I cant get in to see my orthopedic until next wed.  Any advice would be great.  Thanks

Psychophysio

• Getbig III
  • Worthless
Re: PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 10:19:54 PM »
Sounds like a bicep tear potentially, although I am confused when you say you have full function of it but cannot lift anything.

Go see the doc and continue to ice, compress and elevate it.
The jungle of the senses.

iwillgetthere

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 05:32:07 AM »
I was hoping there would b a doc on here because I have to wait until next wed to see mine and wanted to get advice until then as it is very sore.  I didn't know it waiting a week to have it looked at (which I have no choice on) would make a drastic difference or not.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 09:35:23 AM »
Do what patho said. Then... call his service and ask for an on-call evaluation as it might be an emergency.

Jake