Author Topic: I took the first dose of the vaccine...feel like shit  (Read 23178 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: I took the first dose of the vaccine...feel like shit
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2021, 08:54:02 AM »
Did you have your shirt off?  :D

Just short sleeves....thats more than enough.  ;D

monsterman500

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2021, 08:54:24 AM »
just seen a girl about 20 in full bike riding kit on the train , she pulled her mask over her face after taking a huge breath of air when she saw me walking towards her down the train.

Yep, irrationally terrified, thats not going away any time soon
was not a mask it was a sick bag..you jackass !  :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2021, 01:29:53 PM »
you seedless Jaffa ..fuck off  jackass  :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2021, 01:55:36 PM »
There are actually a large number of people who were scared so badly by all the bullshit they are obtaining fake ID's and getting multiply vaccinations of all the different vaccines.

Their fear is just stunning. They think by getting 4-6 doses of each different product that they will then be better protected against the virus.

Stupidity all around. These are people who take advice from no one.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2021, 02:08:58 PM »
Are u guys surprised that the getbiggers who have been made fun of all these years are getting vaccinated? It’s no coincidence

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2021, 02:50:03 PM »
Are u guys surprised that the getbiggers who have been made fun of all these years are getting vaccinated? It’s no coincidence

A large number of those getbiggers are obese and/or old. I'd say they made the right call for themselves.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2021, 03:18:24 PM »
A large number of those getbiggers are obese and/or old. I'd say they made the right call for themselves.

My 50 inch waist pants aren't a reliable indication of my epic fitness level. :o

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2021, 03:20:01 PM »
My 50 inch waist pants aren't a reliable indication of my epic fitness level. :o

Who makes pants that big...Omar the tent maker?  ;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2021, 03:20:21 PM »

Yes, but they also have very poor instincts.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2021, 03:25:25 PM »
No sir. We have all seen many many people driving around in their cars ALL ALONE AND WEARING A MASK. Those people have been scared beyond belief. Those are the exact people obtaining fake ID's to obtain multiple vaccine injections.

Fear will make you do anything.

Cowards.

You get extreme, irrational morons on all sides of this issue.
The wear a mask alone in the car are just as retarded as those who think the vaccine is some conspiracy to inject tracking tags LOL

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2021, 03:50:47 PM »
The wear a mask alone in the car are just as retarded as those who think the vaccine is some conspiracy to inject tracking tags LOL

I read an interesting article in the New York Times today by David Leonhardt.

He wrote, "On the issue of outdoor mask wearing, it helps to review a basic fact: There are few if any documented cases of brief outdoor interactions leading to Covid transmission. If you’re passing other people on a sidewalk or sitting near them on a park bench, the exposure of exhaled particles appears to be too small to lead to infection." As Dr. Muge Cevik, an infectious-disease expert at the University of St. Andrews, says, outdoors is “not where the infection and transmission occurs."

By early this summer, nearly every U.S. adult who wants to be vaccinated will have had the opportunity, but most children will not have gotten a shot. (For now, no children under 16 are eligible.) This combination will create complex decisions for many families — about whether to send children to day care, get together with friends and relatives, eat in restaurants or travel on airplanes.

As with outdoor masks, extreme caution has its own downsides. Months of additional isolation would not be good for families, multiple studies have suggested. Isolation makes it harder for parents to return to work and harder for children to learn, develop social skills and be happy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2021, 04:46:50 PM »
I read an interesting article in the New York Times today by David Leonhardt.

He wrote, "On the issue of outdoor mask wearing, it helps to review a basic fact: There are few if any documented cases of brief outdoor interactions leading to Covid transmission. If you’re passing other people on a sidewalk or sitting near them on a park bench, the exposure of exhaled particles appears to be too small to lead to infection." As Dr. Muge Cevik, an infectious-disease expert at the University of St. Andrews, says, outdoors is “not where the infection and transmission occurs."

By early this summer, nearly every U.S. adult who wants to be vaccinated will have had the opportunity, but most children will not have gotten a shot. (For now, no children under 16 are eligible.) This combination will create complex decisions for many families — about whether to send children to day care, get together with friends and relatives, eat in restaurants or travel on airplanes.

As with outdoor masks, extreme caution has its own downsides. Months of additional isolation would not be good for families, multiple studies have suggested. Isolation makes it harder for parents to return to work and harder for children to learn, develop social skills and be happy.

Got the same article today too.  What I have been saying forever

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2021, 05:19:53 PM »
Read between the lines. They already know when these mask mandates are ending and are just front running the story.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2021, 05:35:00 PM »
Read between the lines. They already know when these mask mandates are ending and are just front running the story.

The actual flu season is over, even libs will be tossing their masks soon.

This is like a political masqueerade party....everybody take your masks off and now see what you have before you. Surprise to some sad to say.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2021, 05:38:44 PM »

The actual flu season is over, even libs will be tossing their masks soon.

This is like a political masqueerade party....everybody take your masks off and now see what you have before you. Surprise to some sad to say.

The Vaccine will get credit for something that was gonna happen anyway:

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2021, 05:39:45 PM »

I'm one of those rare few who thinks all sides of the covid issue went to absurd extremes .
Some of the mass shut down orders and mask mandate rules lacked basic common sense.

But, so do the  covid conspiracy theories and anti-vax myths.
It's not some evil "plandemic" to control society . Vaccines have cured pandemic level diseases like polio and small pox!

It's a damm virus and some small % will have serious health issues or worse.
Sensible mitigation via reasonable health practices is the best way to deal with it.
If everyone does THAT, you don't need to shut everything down.

THEN, get the vaccine and you no longer need to worry about it.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2021, 05:56:19 PM »
I'm one of those rare few who thinks all sides of the covid issue went to absurd extremes .
Some of the mass shut down orders and mask mandate rules lacked basic common sense.

But, so do the  covid conspiracy theories and anti-vax myths.
It's not some evil "plandemic" to control society . Vaccines have cured pandemic level diseases like polio and small pox!

It's a damm virus and some small % will have serious health issues or worse.
Sensible mitigation via reasonable health practices is the best way to deal with it.
If everyone does THAT, you don't need to shut everything down.

THEN, get the vaccine and you no longer need to worry about it.

So it’s a conspiracy to think that this is a giant taxpayer funded windfall for big Pharma?

Why would you have to vaccinate the entire population when only a very small segment is at risk?

I’ll bet Rachel Maddow won’t show you this chart:

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2021, 06:09:34 PM »

That's 3/4 of Getbig in case you haven't noticed.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2021, 06:24:45 PM »

Got the same article today too.  What I have been saying forever

Yup. As I was reading the article, I thought about how you've been saying this all along.

According to article it seems the main reason to wear masks at this point ( if fully vaccinated) is to set an example for others. Not sure how that works. My suspicion is that those folks who won't get vaccinated aren't going to change their minds unless something forces them like needing proof  in order to travel or an employer requires it.

For over a year, I have seriously limited social interactions. Because I'm something of a loner anyway, it is really easy to fall into being a total hermit. Many of my close friends are in my age group. Some have been absolute shut ins. My friends Nancy and Patrick are a good example, Patrick is a couple of years older than me. He has a compromised heart. Nancy had stage 4 throat cancer a few years back. Chemo left her with a compromised immune system and congestive heart failure. As you might imagine, they are fearful of exposure to COVID-19. We used to get together fairly often for dinner. I have not seen them face to face since the start of the pandemic.

Zoom meetings are not the same as live meetings. I belong to several organizations. All of which have gone exclusively to zoom meetings. Each year a labor union I have been actively involved in for more than 30 years just decided to hold a virtual conference. Last June they cancelled conference altogether. Normally, there are between 350 and 450 people at conference. Right now the plan is to televise it....it is too big for Zoom.

I'm COVID' out and ready for interaction with friends and extended family. A lot still has to change for life to go back to being anything close to what it was pre COVID. Restaurants are still at 25% capacity, that is those that haven't shuttered completely. Gyms are open, but they also have limits on the number of people there at any given time. Bars are open with a 25% capacity and greatly reduced hours.

Kids are back in school in my district for about 20 hours a week, but schools in low income areas are only open a few hours a week for in-school instruction. I'm not sure why that is since all public schools get state funding on a per student basis.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2021, 06:40:57 PM »
So meet outside.  It’s ok ! 

This is what I’ve been saying all along.  Even the fng NYT is confirming this now

Yup. As I was reading the article, I thought about how you've been saying this all along.

According to article it seems the main reason to wear masks at this point ( if fully vaccinated) is to set an example for others. Not sure how that works. My suspicion is that those folks who won't get vaccinated aren't going to change their minds unless something forces them like needing proof  in order to travel or an employer requires it.

For over a year, I have seriously limited social interactions. Because I'm something of a loner anyway, it is really easy to fall into being a total hermit. Many of my close friends are in my age group. Some have been absolute shut ins. My friends Nancy and Patrick are a good example, Patrick is a couple of years older than me. He has a compromised heart. Nancy had stage 4 throat cancer a few years back. Chemo left her with a compromised immune system and congestive heart failure. As you might imagine, they are fearful of exposure to COVID-19. We used to get together fairly often for dinner. I have not seen them face to face since the start of the pandemic.

Zoom meetings are not the same as live meetings. I belong to several organizations. All of which have gone exclusively to zoom meetings. Each year a labor union I have been actively involved in for more than 30 years just decided to hold a virtual conference. Last June they cancelled conference altogether. Normally, there are between 350 and 450 people at conference. Right now the plan is to televise it....it is too big for Zoom.

I'm COVID' out and ready for interaction with friends and extended family. A lot still has to change for life to go back to being anything close to what it was pre COVID. Restaurants are still at 25% capacity, that is those that haven't shuttered completely. Gyms are open, but they also have limits on the number of people there at any given time. Bars are open with a 25% capacity and greatly reduced hours.

Kids are back in school in my district for about 20 hours a week, but schools in low income areas are only open a few hours a week for in-school instruction. I'm not sure why that is since all public schools get state funding on a per student basis.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2021, 07:10:35 PM »
Op looks like shit so it's fitting he feels like it too.  FTN.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2021, 07:17:35 PM »
Op looks like shit so it's fitting he feels like it too.  FTN.

FTN?  Fuck That Ni**er?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2021, 07:23:17 PM »
FTN?  Fuck That guy?

Fuck That Noise.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: April 22, 2021, 07:29:02 PM »
FTN?  Fuck That Ni**er?

I rarely use that word as I find it far too common and that is born out by the fact that many black menz call almost anybody that name.  I even was greeted with it at a store parking lot by a black guy that said "Whatup mah "negroe"?  You remind me of 4 legs on South Park!".

Had to laugh as I had seen that episode.  Oh yeah, I sometimes have to use my polio crutches, hence the "Jimmy" reference!  Again, good to see  you my friend.