Author Topic: I'm still getting hyped up by 20 yr old Ronnie footage !  (Read 4186 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: I'm still getting hyped up by 20 yr old Ronnie footage !
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2021, 12:33:24 PM »
How do you know they surpassed Ronnie?

Are there ones doing 200-lb dumbbells for 15-20 reps vs. Ronnie's 12? Are they doing 800-lb deadlifts for double-digit reps vs Ronnie's 2 or 3?

Ronnie did those poundages while prepping for the Olympia (and other shows), in an era where everyone was told to train lighter for contests.

But, he also handled what would be max weights for most IFBB pros/NPC amateurs for at least 10 reps.

Perhaps more people are pushing that kind of iron, based on watching Mr. "Ain't Nuttin' but a Peanut" do his thing.

A agree with this. Ronnie was a monster, doing those weights for reps while prepping for a show. I have not seen anyone do 200 dumbbells for 12 easy reps or 495 bent over rows while dieting and being 4 wks out

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2021, 12:37:23 PM »
he has too many flaws to be the next ronnie, and his conditioning where everybody said he "nailed it" at the last olympia was nothing special

E

He doesn't have Ronnie Shape. Ronnie wasn't just huge he had the V shape of Flex Wheeler not the blocky shape of every other so called mass monster.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2021, 04:44:24 PM »
For a monster Ramy is pretty darn aesthetic.  He doesn't have stomach distention and he isn't missing any body parts. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2021, 05:33:26 PM »
For a monster Ramy is pretty darn aesthetic.  He doesn't have stomach distention and he isn't missing any body parts.

Compared to his quads, it looks as if he's missing calves. But, Ronnie Coleman was that way for much of his career.

It all comes down to conditioning. If he's super-ripped, he wins. If he isn't, he'll lose to guys like Curry or Heath (although with Heath's waist issues, courtesy of his hernia, I'm not 100% sure about that).

Curry looked better at the Olympia in 2020 than he did when he won in 2019. But, Ellsbiay was just too much beast for him.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2021, 05:34:37 PM »
Compared to his quads, it looks as if he's missing calves. But, Ronnie Coleman was that way for much of his career.

It all comes down to conditioning. If he's super-ripped, he wins. If he isn't, he'll lose to guys like Curry or Heath (although with Heath's waist issues, courtesy of his hernia, I'm not 100% sure about that).

Curry looked better at the Olympia in 2020 than he did when he won in 2019. But, Ellsbiay was just too much beast for him.

Ramy actually has calves.  They are just overwhelmed by his quads. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2021, 05:39:16 PM »
Ramy actually has calves.  They are just overwhelmed by his quads.

Agreed. That's why he seemingly can't compete at three bills. Or, he'll lose to smaller guys as has happened previously (like Heath, Curry, Jackson).

When Heath was healthy, he beat Big Ramy (who tied Lou Ferrigno for heaviest Olympia competitor at 316 lbs).

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2021, 01:10:17 PM »
Motivates me more than today's stuff, what about you?

THE GOAT

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH    YEAH BUDYYYYYYYYY

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2021, 07:36:54 PM »

THE GOAT

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH    YEAH BUDYYYYYYYYY

Agreed.  GOAT!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2021, 09:16:16 PM »
The one flaw I see is his thighs being too big for his calves (Mike Katz, style).

He has to nail his condition. If he doesn't, smaller dudes with better proportions (Heath, Curry, or Rhoden...if they let him compete) will beat him.

Last year told the story. He was a bit smooth (relatively speaking) at 300 lbs and got beat the Arnold Classic by Dexter Jackson and William Bonac.

He got whipped into "shape" by James and Nicholls; he wins the Olympia.

if he's in shape he will win because he out muscles everybody else, but he will never be comparable to ronnie

the competition was weak last year, curry has no legs and phil's back looked like it lost slabs of muscle while being soft overall

E

E