Author Topic: I'm still getting hyped up by 20 yr old Ronnie footage !  (Read 4201 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
I'm still getting hyped up by 20 yr old Ronnie footage !
« on: June 24, 2021, 06:50:54 AM »
Motivates me more than today's stuff, what about you?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: I'm still getting hyped up by 20 yr old Ronnie footage !
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 12:44:18 PM »
Every time you don't feel like downing no more chicken, you look at Ronnie's ENTIRE PLATE being covered with the yardbird and drowned in BBQ sauce and want to just eat ONE MORE BITE!!!

LIGHT FORK, BABY!!!

;D

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 12:52:00 PM »
Umm - no.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 01:37:38 PM »
Umm - no.

I believe the topic was Ronnie Coleman footage from 20 years ago.

Nobody is talking about today, when he's obviously both retired and battling spinal injuries.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 01:50:15 PM »
Im bored shitless with the "eat ,eat .eat" bullshit these fuckwits keep coming out with.
99.999% of people will just end up fat fat fat.

If you keep eating until you are stuffed then after three days your digestive system will be so overloaded you will just shut down
Most peoples digestive systems cannot handle heavy amounts of food day in day out, cycling calories is the only way to eat more food switching from a high day and working around upping and lowering calories.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 02:15:49 PM »

Umm - no.

Q

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 02:33:12 PM »
I believe the topic was Ronnie Coleman footage from 20 years ago.

Nobody is talking about today, when he's obviously both retired and battling spinal injuries.

Who the fuck are you, the board sheriff, lol? I can't get "hyped up" watching a guy who literally destroyed his body by his workout routines.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 06:20:00 PM »

What, pray tell, could possibly motivate a normal person to want to fuck their life up with drugs and enough food at every meal to feed a worthless turd world family of Ethiopians for a year on?

Coleman is a scab on the scrotum of the planet.  He's not the greatest at anything.  I doubt those 72 girls spat out by multiple "wives" of his are his cuz that fuckwit is sterile and has nuts the size of the ones on the last gerbil to escape from Richard Gere's dirtstar.    Coleman for Deadpool. 

Like the Knight in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" said..."He chose poorly".  Apparently, when it comes to emulating someone, so have you.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 07:19:05 PM »
Im bored shitless with the "eat ,eat .eat" bullshit these fuckwits keep coming out with.

If you keep eating until you are stuffed then after three days your digestive system will be so overloaded you will just shut down
Most peoples digestive systems cannot handle heavy amounts of food day in day out, cycling calories is the only way to eat more food switching from a high day and working around upping and lowering calories.

^They call this Bhank envy^

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 07:50:38 PM »

In other words, you're bored with the truth. Bodybuilders from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s, and today have preached that same mass gospel. Yet some folks just don't want to learn.

You want to believe you're just a few syringes away from being Mr. Universe. But that ain't the way it rolls.

Virtually ALL of the mass freaks you (and others admire) eat enough groceries to feed a family of 5 on a regular basis.

Just as muscles gradually get stronger and adapt to stress, your digestive system gets more efficient and learns to process more food.

Even guys who take a generous amount of performance-enhancing drugs put on fat, from time to time. How many King-Kamali-bashing threads have there been over the last 10 years, in that regards?

The key word is gradually. You don't just jump from 3000 to 8000 calories per day in one fell swoop. If you're naturally a twig, you're going to have to ramp up your calories significantly to have any hopes of putting on mass.

Will it be all muscle? NO! Not even steroid-using pros/top amateurs can do that. But you mitigate how much fat you put on your body by watching what you eat, eating as little over your maintenance weight as needed to gain weight, and vary your calories based on your activity level.

To borrow a Ronnie-ism, "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder; but don't nobody wanna eat no heavy-@$$ food!!"

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 07:53:02 PM »

Who the fuck are you, the board sheriff, lol? I can't get "hyped up" watching a guy who literally destroyed his body by his workout routines.

Then take your sorry behind elsewhere and quit blubbering about Ronnie Coleman's routines on a thread about Ronnie Coleman.

Johnnie Jackson trains similar to Ronnie; he's alive and well.

Plus, in case you missed it, that video is about what he EATS. In the few shots where it shows him training, he's doing double-digit reps on dumbbell presses and barbell rows.

That's what was so impressive about Ronnie. He could use that much weight for 10 reps or more. The guy did front squats for 12 reps with 585. Many IFBB pros can't do regular squats with that kind of poundage.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 07:58:22 PM »
What, pray tell, could possibly motivate a normal person to want to fuck their life up with drugs and enough food at every meal to feed a worthless turd world family of Ethiopians for a year on?

Coleman is a scab on the scrotum of the planet.  He's not the greatest at anything.  I doubt those 72 girls spat out by multiple "wives" of his are his cuz that fuckwit is sterile and has nuts the size of the ones on the last gerbil to escape from Richard Gere's dirtstar.    Coleman for Deadpool. 

Like the Knight in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" said..."He chose poorly".  Apparently, when it comes to emulating someone, so have you.

What, pray tell, could possibly motivate someone to whine about steroids and eating massive amounts of food....ON A WEBSITE CALLED "GETBIG.COM"?

Kai Greene, Dennis James, and other IFBB pros train with super-heavy weights, as well. Yet, they don't have Ronnie's health issues.

Then again, some of the same folks who whine about Coleman's training too heavy turn right around and bash Phil Heath for training too light (and on too many machines).

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 11:02:34 PM »
You want to believe you're just a few syringes away from being Mr. Universe. But that ain't the way it rolls.

This is so funny and BB exclusive. The problem is that people who start BB mostly suffer from a narcissistic personality disorder anyways, so it's impossible for them to face the fact that there might be other people on that planet who are just more gifted or talented than themselves, and everyone who looks better has to be on a ton of drugs "and if I took what this guy takes...." blablabla :D

Have you ever heard a hobby cyclist babble that he's just one EPO-cycle away from winning the Tour de France? :D

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 01:09:22 AM »

i don't think he's 20 years old in the video

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 02:09:07 AM »
One of the things I find disgusting about modern bbing. Stuffing yourself like that. Trying to make it seem like some great virtue. It's gluttony. One of the seven deadly sins.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 07:27:59 AM »
In other words, you're bored with the truth. Bodybuilders from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s, and today have preached that same mass gospel. Yet some folks just don't want to learn.

Virtually ALL of the mass freaks you (and others admire) eat enough groceries to feed a family of 5 on a regular basis.

Just as muscles gradually get stronger and adapt to stress, your digestive system gets more efficient and learns to process more food.

Even guys who take a generous amount of performance-enhancing drugs put on fat, from time to time. How many King-Kamali-bashing threads have there been over the last 10 years, in that regards?

The key word is gradually. You don't just jump from 3000 to 8000 calories per day in one fell swoop. If you're naturally a twig, you're going to have to ramp up your calories significantly to have any hopes of putting on mass.

Will it be all muscle? NO! Not even steroid-using pros/top amateurs can do that. But you mitigate how much fat you put on your body by watching what you eat, eating as little over your maintenance weight as needed to gain weight, and vary your calories based on your activity level.

To borrow a Ronnie-ism, "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder; but don't nobody wanna eat no heavy-@$$ food!!"

I dont admire any mass freaks...

second bolded point just validates exactly what I said, you dont need to force feed yourself to the point of bursting to reach your full potential

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2021, 08:26:55 AM »
I dont admire any mass freaks...

second bolded point just validates exactly what I said, you dont need to force feed yourself to the point of bursting to reach your full potential

Who said Ronnie is force-feeding himself? Obviously, he didn't start his bodybuilding/powerlifting venture, eating the amount of food you see in that 2000/2001 footage.

He GRADUALLY increased his calories as he got bigger. You think he was eating that amount of food you see in that video back in early 90s? NOPE!!

Would he have put on the size needed to become Mr. Olympia (once, let alone eight times) has he continued eating the same amount of food he did in his early stages? Hardly!!

And that doesn't just apply to the mass freaks that you claim you don't like or admire. Bodybuilding legends like Dennis Tinerio and Larry Scott had to push up their caloric intake, in order to reach their competitive heights (Mr. Universe and Mr. Olympia, respectively).

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2021, 08:29:05 AM »
Who said Ronnie is force-feeding himself? Obviously, he didn't start his bodybuilding/powerlifting venture, eating the amount of food you see in that 2000/2001 footage.

He GRADUALLY increased his calories as he got bigger. You think he was eating that amount of food you see in that video back in early 90s? NOPE!!

Read my original post....

I think we are in agreement

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2021, 08:30:30 AM »
One of the things I find disgusting about modern bbing. Stuffing yourself like that. Trying to make it seem like some great virtue. It's gluttony. One of the seven deadly sins.

Well, athletes have a higher caloric intake, it is what it is. What do you think a professional swimmer or track and field athlete stuffs into himself on a daily basis...? Probably not much less than a Mr. Olympia contender.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2021, 08:35:41 AM »

and how are you deciding ahead of time if your body is going to "need" more or less calories that day?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2021, 08:45:57 AM »

and how are you deciding ahead of time if your body is going to "need" more or less calories that day?
Fucks sake if you are getting fat you are eating too much, how hard can it fucking be?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2021, 08:46:58 AM »
Read my original post....
I think we are in agreement

We are to a point. But, why would you have an issue with the concept of his increasing calories gradually to the point where he eats the volume seen in that footage?

You could argue the that half of amount of food that Ronnie ate in that video would have stuffed him 10 years earlier.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2021, 08:50:00 AM »
its the voice over that I was commenting on, Rich Piana used to say the same shite, just eat, keep eating and eat some more, get up in the night and eat something, its fucking moronic

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2021, 09:00:09 AM »
There will never be another Ronnie.  His worth ethic + genetics are an insurmountable combination.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2021, 09:13:42 AM »
its the voice over that I was commenting on, Rich Piana used to say the same shite, just eat, keep eating and eat some more, get up in the night and eat something, its fucking moronic

I don't think Ronnie Coleman woke up in the middle of the night to eat. If he ate in the middle of the night, it was because of his schedule when he worked as a cop. Some of his shifts were 2pm to 10pm or something like that.