Author Topic: Depression, Panic and Anxiety  (Read 2276 times)

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: Depression, Panic and Anxiety
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2021, 05:11:33 PM »
:o :o
holy fuck
this is the best post I have ever seen on getbig, and Ive been on and off (lol) since 05
thanks for this, its now saved forever for me to refer to

I'm glad it helps man.

I've been down this road for many years.

Today is very different and i'm glad if i'm able to help someone.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2021, 06:59:31 PM »
Getbig helped Bhank get his life together and it can help all of you too.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2021, 01:13:38 AM »
My nikka

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2021, 03:15:20 AM »
Fortunately, I’ve never struggled with depression. I believe it’s because of my view on life as a whole. I see it is a nonstop struggle to survive, and all you can do is make the best of a bad situation.

Many have unrealistic expectations and think they’re supposed to be happy. When they’re not, they get depressed.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2021, 04:20:46 AM »
Had two panic attacks in life. Fucking awful helpless feeling but felt great afterwards.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2021, 05:12:50 AM »
Getbig helped Bhank get his life together and it can help all of you too.

;D

Did Getbig find Bhank a job yet?

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2021, 06:33:27 AM »
Why don't you try drinking a case of beer like a real man that should pretty well take care of it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2021, 06:41:44 AM »
I haven't suffered from any of these things that some of you are dealing with, but I have heard it described as that panic attacks are like being trapped in a "bubble".  Everything is magnified and you can literally hear your own heartbeat as it increases.

A friend who has depression and anxiety problems once said that depression and anxiety are opposite sides of the same sword.  That anxiety has the drop dead heart attack type reaction in  your mind whereas depression has the slow crushed to death by a stone feeling.  Not sure if that is accurate, but in any case those of you who are fighting your struggles, I really do wish you the best.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2021, 06:47:10 AM »
You all need Jesus

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2021, 06:55:39 AM »
You all need Jesus

Religion is probably the source code for all mental issues today. 

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2021, 07:07:16 AM »
It’s no wonder Western man is in decline. Generations of ease, wealth and safety have led to a male culture for whom self-indulgent mental masturbation is viewed as an “illness.” 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2021, 07:29:15 AM »

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2021, 07:43:21 AM »
Your mind is like a motor, operating without its load. It races and threatens to blow out it's bearings, or even to blow itself to bits.

The remedy for worry or anxiety, is to get completely occupied, doing something constructive.

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2021, 07:56:52 AM »
Religion is probably the source code for all mental issues today.

Nah, replace religion with social media and food then you got your code.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2021, 08:01:55 AM »
Your mind is like a motor, operating without its load. It races and threatens to blow out it's bearings, or even to blow itself to bits of it's not under load.

The remedy for worry or anxiety, is to get completely occupied, doing something constructive.

There is something to that.  If you have no purpose in life then you just sit around and brood.

Note that several posters mention no purpose or goals in their lives.

This is not always the case.  Some highly motivated and goal oriented people get panic attacks.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2021, 08:10:00 AM »
A lot of us are down because we have no tribe, lost or feel without purpose . We are continually gaslit by the media and corperates into believing that living as an individual life of little responsibily, living a hedonistic nomad life is "the dream" and the road to happinesss... as opposed to actually finding a place, having a family, finding a strong local community and building something we can call "Home" ..Instead rather work for some huge global corperation (Chase huge Cash) but work for people that dont give a shit about you is where it's at..and if things get tough we just leave for somewhere else "nicer" or that pays more and accumulate more stuff. Especially westerners think this conception that being a nomad is the dream/goal i.e. I use to think this myself...I'm talking about people that live this lonely life of moving from place to place, job to job with no real commitment. I can see how this will lead to depression... Often you see these small towns with strong communities of nice, happy people leading simple lives you see...that have fought for, who's family for generations has invested in and made nice with their hard work over many many years. The thing Ive realized is these places would never be like they are - somewhere we westerners long for , want to live and gravitate towards....if they were made up of a group of individuals, nomads, renters and drifters, not really invested in that town and community...At what point do we stop "running"  and fight back with other like minded individuals to protect our families, community and say this is my "home", take responsibility to build strong institutions like our ansestors did, a community to fight back? What's to prevent the places we move to from turning into the very shit holes we are all running from? If there's never any push back.... At some point we are going to have to think of this, because chaos will always come to where ever we may go...but that pushback won't happen if we are just atomized depressed "individuals" (a dispora) with no responsibility or backbone, no place we call "home" or sence of community/belonging we have no incentive to protect, if we have no real "skin in the game" I think a lot of nihilism and depression you speak of stems from being led to think that the liberal tribeless mindset is the right way to be...we need to unlearn this, tribe up with like minded people and "dig a trench"

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2021, 08:38:34 AM »
There is something to that.  If you have no purpose in life then you just sit around and brood.

Note that several posters mention no purpose or goals in their lives.

This is not always the case.  Some highly motivated and goal oriented people get panic attacks.

Dale Carnegie teaches all of this. It's just simple psychology.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2021, 08:44:56 AM »
Good post.

I struggled with severe anxiety (GAD) for most of my life until about 5 years ago. I've only had one panic attack and it's when i was in high school.

They had me on meds for 2 years and it helped some, but the best thing i did was to learn how to "let go". Of everything. It wasn't about death for me, most of it was about work and social requirements. What society thinks you should be and do. Once i learned how to manage the triggers and let go of things it all became better. But it took years.

In my 20's i worked a high stress job for a huge engineering and construction company. I was pushed to the limit every day and treated like a slave. Everyone was working 60 hours a week and treated like shit. It bothered me because i liked my job but hated the environment i was in. I wouldn't sleep at all and had severe struggles with anxiety. I'd get so anxious that i'd freeze up and couldn't function for hours. It was terrifying.

I also struggled with social anxiety my entire life and still do. Going to a psychiatrist helped, but not like people would think. What i learned is that i do have social anxiety and i'm claustrophobic, which is a bad mix. Loud crowded places drive me insane, literally. I also learned that i'm an introvert and don't like people very much. So i enjoy my time alone more than time with friends and family. Knowing this helped me realize how to control certain situations and that prevented a lot of anxiety problems.

About 5 years ago i was in a bad place, very upset at the world and hated life for the most part. I always wondered why? So i took a month of work and traveled to Alaska for 3 weeks, staying in a small town. Over this time period i basically rebuilt my mental state of mind. Read a lot of books and focused on what really matters. Which is being happy with YOURSELF.

What i learned is that nothing really matters except your friends and family. Work is not important and what society thinks of you means nothing. 99.99999% of the people you meet will never be a part of your real life, so fuck them. Do what makes you happy and stop worrying about your boss, projects, people and expectations.

I set my expectations so low for everything that i get surprised more often, things are better because the little things matter more. Work and go home on a normal schedule, it will be there tomorrow. Fuck your boss and random people's expectations. Learn to not care what people think about you and speak the truth, be honest and don't feel bad if people disagree with you.

Today my life is great, i have no worries and every single day is like vacation. I moved out of the big city because that was contributing to my anxiety. I live in the mountains and work a normal 8-5 job in engineering and development for a small company. I save money and have enough that i never worry about that either. Money can cause a lot of stress and causes people to become evil.

I do what i want and if someone has a problem with that i don't care AT ALL. It's almost funny because sometimes i'm in a stressful situation and people wonder why i'm so calm. It's because it doesn't fucking matter and will be forgotten in a few days. Just let that shit go.

Last year I was in a meeting with the owner of my company and we had just gotten fired by our biggest client because the owner was lazy and didn't respond to the client fast enough. We lost millions in future projects. Everyone at the table was red faced mad and yelling at each other, playing the blame game. I was just sitting there waiting for the meeting to be over. The owner asked me why i was so calm? I said because there is nothing we can do to change this and we should just focus on finding a new client. He was pissed! I asked him why he was mad? It was his fault we lost the contract. That didn't go over well but he respected me for it a few days later.

Fast forward 6 months and we secured a new contract with another big developer. Life was fine! We didn't even have any money problems, they just caused panic about it. Waste of time and energy. Fuck em.

So i learned this simple trick when something bothers you.

Can you do something about it RIGHT NOW? If you can, do it. If not, let it go.

Sounds too easy but it helps me stop dwelling on shit. If i can change something i do, if i can't, i just let it go and focus on something productive.

Anyway, i hope people can learn how to deal with it. I did and i'm a better person. But i don't care about most things anymore, which may create other problems down the line i think, primarily with relationship with my GF, but that's a completely different story. ;D

Also learn to meditate and study Buddhist teachings. It helps i promise.

One of the best posts I've read on this shit hole site.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2021, 09:28:19 AM »
I've never been depressed before...until I started reading this thread

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2021, 10:21:01 AM »
Cheer up! This is where I come from :D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2021, 01:37:45 PM »
I've never been depressed before...until I started reading this thread

You just depress us, you Commie bastard.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2021, 01:39:14 PM »
A lot of us are down because we have no tribe, lost or feel without purpose . We are continually gaslit by the media and corperates into believing that living as an individual life of little responsibily, living a hedonistic nomad life is "the dream" and the road to happinesss... as opposed to actually finding a place, having a family, finding a strong local community and building something we can call "Home" ..Instead rather work for some huge global corperation (Chase huge Cash) but work for people that dont give a shit about you is where it's at..and if things get tough we just leave for somewhere else "nicer" or that pays more and accumulate more stuff. Especially westerners think this conception that being a nomad is the dream/goal i.e. I use to think this myself...I'm talking about people that live this lonely life of moving from place to place, job to job with no real commitment. I can see how this will lead to depression... Often you see these small towns with strong communities of nice, happy people leading simple lives you see...that have fought for, who's family for generations has invested in and made nice with their hard work over many many years. The thing Ive realized is these places would never be like they are - somewhere we westerners long for , want to live and gravitate towards....if they were made up of a group of individuals, nomads, renters and drifters, not really invested in that town and community...At what point do we stop "running"  and fight back with other like minded individuals to protect our families, community and say this is my "home", take responsibility to build strong institutions like our ansestors did, a community to fight back? What's to prevent the places we move to from turning into the very shit holes we are all running from? If there's never any push back.... At some point we are going to have to think of this, because chaos will always come to where ever we may go...but that pushback won't happen if we are just atomized depressed "individuals" (a dispora) with no responsibility or backbone, no place we call "home" or sence of community/belonging we have no incentive to protect, if we have no real "skin in the game" I think a lot of nihilism and depression you speak of stems from being led to think that the liberal tribeless mindset is the right way to be...we need to unlearn this, tribe up with like minded people and "dig a trench"

Good post.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2021, 01:43:01 PM »
Fortunately, I’ve never struggled with depression. I believe it’s because of my view on life as a whole. I see it is a nonstop struggle to survive, and all you can do is make the best of a bad situation.

Many have unrealistic expectations and think they’re supposed to be happy. When they’re not, they get depressed.

If you are never unhappy, how would you know when you are happy?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2021, 01:53:38 PM »
You just depress us, you Commie bastard.

sounds like your problem (one of many no doubt)

not mine

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2021, 02:01:00 PM »
sounds like your problem (one of many no doubt)

not mine

You're a really really shitty arrogant person. Beyond just talking on this board, you are one who deserves a massive beating. One of my biggest hates in life is arrogance, and you are brutally arrogant. Just a shitty shittty human being. Good move staying anonymous
"