Author Topic: My personal Cons vs Pros of Bodybuilding  (Read 5741 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
My personal Cons vs Pros of Bodybuilding
« on: January 03, 2022, 10:34:15 PM »

Cons

Digestive
Chrohns
Barrets
bleeding Ulcer
Umbilical and hiatal hernia
Throw up uncontrollably often

Joints
2 should surgeries left side bone degeneration in the joint labrum tear dislocation surgically dettached bicep tendon
1 shoulder surgery right side labrum repair
3 pectorial tears right side
Bilateral ACL and Meniscus repairs with titanium bolts bone on bone both knees bakers cyst left knee
Surgically reattached tricep right side
2 Herniated bulging disc one lower back and one in the neck possibly causing nerve damage and atrophy on the right arm

Intangibles
Old
Piss Poor attitude
Lack of emotional support
Actual current legal persecution
May Not even be possible act of futility possibly risking further crippling injury preventing me from properly playing with my son

Pros
It is what I want to do

Possibly delusional Theory
A slight tweak to the formula a few more reps and sets and I will be young again a 2nd chance at everything invincible bones and tendons will grow back then size will come

Logical argument
Intelligent training will strengthen the muscles around the damaged joints and tendons thus providing more support and reducing risk of further injury allowing you to be the 60 year old dad playing sports with his 18 year old son

There is always a middle ground no I may not ever be a 250lb bodybuilder but maybe I can continue to play sports another 2 decades. If I try to be a bodybuilder and just wind up as a buff surfer that is still pretty good aim for the stars to reach the top of the mountain. But yes being able to walk is becoming a primary concern. Knee joint slipped walking tonight

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Cons vs Pros of Bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 10:40:19 PM »

Cons

Digestive
Chrohns
Barrets
bleeding Ulcer

Joints
2 should surgeries left side bone degeneration in the joint labrum tear dislocation surgically dettached bicep tendon
Bilateral ACL and Meniscus repairs with titanium bolts bone on bone both knees bakers cyst left knee
2 Herniated bulging disc one lower back and one in the neck possibly causing nerve damage and atrophy on the right arm

Intangibles
Old
Piss Poor attitude
May Not even be possible act of futility possibly risking further crippling injury preventing me from properly playing with my son

Pros
It is what I want to do

A slight tweak to the formula a few more reps and sets and I will be young again a 2nd chance at everything invincible bones and tendons will grow back then size will come

Logical argument
Intelligent training will strengthen the muscles around the damaged joints and tendons thus providing more support and reducing risk of further injury allowing you to be the 60 year old dad playing sports with his 18 year old son

There is always a middle ground no I may not ever be a 250lb bodybuilder but maybe I can continue to play sports another 2 decades. If I try to be a bodybuilder and just wind up as a buff surfer that is still pretty good aim for the stars to reach the top of the mountain. But yes being able to walk is becoming a primary concern

I have managed to compete for three decades and have none of the Cons you have listed apart from two bulging low back discs.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 10:42:19 PM »
I have managed to compete for three decades and have none of the Cons you have listed apart from two bulging low back discs.

Well try also wrestling and MMA for 2 decades it is a little bit more of a contact sport. I didn't say any of it came from bodybuilding but those are challenges to bodybuilding for me. Everyone can make their own damn list

It's like am at the point I need to start considering Diamond Dallas Page yoga or fuck that add a plate to the bar lol

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 10:44:57 PM »
Well try also wrestling and MMA for 2 decades it is a little bit more of a contact sport. I didn't say any of it came from bodybuilding but those are challenges to bodybuilding for me. Everyone can make their own damn list

then change the thread title you fuckwit

Or better still keep the fucking list to yourself

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 10:48:20 PM »
then change the thread title you fuckwit

Or better still keep the fucking list to yourself

The point is we all second guess ourselves when do we stop and take up diamond dallas page yoga? Is that where this is heading or do we truly reach our dreams and add another plate to the bar

Can the clock be turned back?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: My personal Cons vs Pros of Bodybuilding
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 10:49:12 PM »
When 10 threads about yourself aren't enough, start a cliff notes thread.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 10:50:59 PM »
When 10 threads about yourself aren't enough, start a cliff notes thread.

I thought it would be best to consolidate for those who are late to the Bhank show. I mean seriously though are we all just playing games or can we become something more than the sum of our parts. When do we get up and head to the streets to tackle a bus? I am hoping stiff leg deadlifts tomorrow will fix the slipping and instability in the back of my knee wishful thinking perhaps

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 10:58:42 PM »
You mention these things every thread you post in.

We get it.

You fucked up your body and health by being a moron.

Maybe post those x-rays of your knees for the 56th time?

I think 1 or 2 members missed it.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 11:04:40 PM »
You mention these things every thread you post in.

We get it.

You fucked up your body and health by being a moron.

Maybe post those x-rays of your knees for the 56th time?

I think 1 or 2 members missed it.

Fucked up real bad not sure if recovery is possible just keep wasting away

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 11:07:11 PM »
Fucked up real bad not sure if recovery is possible

You will make a muscular corpse is a few years when your organs give out.

Congrats.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2022, 11:08:35 PM »
You will make a muscular corpse is a few years when your organs give out.

Congrats.

Right I mean all things considering not so bad need more size but can’t seem to eat enough at least I am not fat though

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2022, 11:12:16 PM »
Right I mean all things considering not so bad need more size but can’t seem to eat enough at least I am not fat though

Looks good, at least 16" arm there.

Do you work out?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2022, 11:19:25 PM »
Looks good, at least 16" arm there.

Do you work out?

Nice try you already admitted I was going to be a muscular corpse. 19 on the left and you know it hater go ahead and pretend I don''t have you beat

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2022, 11:25:34 PM »
Nice try you already admitted I was going to be a muscular corpse. 19 on the left and you know it hater go ahead and pretend I don''t have you beat

You will look fantastic in a grave Brian.

I'm proud of you.

But your arms are not 19".

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2022, 11:39:28 PM »
that left biceps is like... your one good body part.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2022, 11:45:32 PM »

Intangibles
Old
Piss Poor attitude

Early candidate for gayest post of 2022

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2022, 01:46:19 AM »

Cons

Digestive
Chrohns
Barrets
bleeding Ulcer

Joints

Intangibles
Old
Piss Poor attitude

Pros
It is what I want to do

Logical argument

There is always a middle ground no I may not ever be a 250lb bodybuilder but maybe I can continue to play sports another 2 decades. If I try to be a bodybuilder and just wind up as a buff surfer that is still pretty good aim for the stars to reach the top of the mountain. But yes being able to walk is becoming a primary concern. Knee joint slipped walking tonight
My nikka

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2022, 04:20:21 AM »

Cons

Digestive
Chrohns
Barrets
bleeding Ulcer

Joints

Intangibles
Old
Piss Poor attitude

Pros
It is what I want to do

Logical argument

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2022, 04:25:11 AM »
The point is we all second guess ourselves when do we stop and take up diamond dallas page yoga? Is that where this is heading or do we truly reach our dreams and add another plate to the bar

Can the clock be turned back?

No it can't.  But you can rewind it every so often.  Your problem is that you are wound up to tight.  I have told you that in your world there are no friends, only competitors. 

You're on the way from being an asshole to a whole ass.   

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2022, 04:36:36 AM »
Thank you for sharing your inner feelings, Bhanky.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2022, 05:07:03 AM »
Basile's Theory of Hypertrophy is no longer the only academic treatise spawned on these boards

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2022, 05:27:26 AM »

Goodrumesque diplomas on the wall. The snowboard detracts from them - put it away in its proper place.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2022, 05:42:22 AM »
that left biceps is like... your one good body part.

Actually my dick still works as well and no it's an illusion the left arm is fucked bad tendonitis

I should have maybe said pros and cons of squatting as need legs to bodybuild and need to squat to grow them or so the theory goes

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2022, 06:19:48 AM »
Early candidate for gayest post of 2022

I've known guys that get super into church around this age.

This cry for help has all the telltale signs.

The answers Bhank seeks are not related to physicality.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2022, 06:34:29 AM »

Cons

Digestive
Chrohns
Barrets
bleeding Ulcer

Joints

Intangibles
Old
Piss Poor attitude

Pros
It is what I want to do

Logical argument

can you share the details?