Author Topic: Covid-19 - Was Covid ever real? Conspiracy Theory?  (Read 36215 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Covid, Conspiracy Theories and Getbig
« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2023, 08:25:53 PM »
Full stop here.  This was prevalent in the media - CDC Director, Maddow, Biden, all said this verbatim.  There's plenty of individual videos and compilations.  Even without those, anyone with any decent amount of media exposure heard this.  It was 100% the narrative.

But I've seen what you've said 100s of times with twitter links etc....part of it is a coordinated effort amongst activists to change history.  Obviously not the case with you but I'd really  like to understand how this could be missed.  Are your sources that biased?

Do you really, actually believe they never said this?  Remember the term "breakthrough case"?  Why would something be called a "breakthrough" if it wasn't designed to stop acquisition or transmission?  Remember "get vaccinated for others"?  Why would they say that if it only reduced hospitalization risk?

Now, Pfizer has come out and said it was never intended to stop, but they NEVER said that when the prevailing messaging said it did.

You are correct, Biden (who is a politician and not a virologist) said, during a July 2021 CNN town hall, "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations," and "If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

I imagine Biden had been updated when he said this in December 2021, "And because Omicron spreads so easily, we’ll see some fully vaccinated people get COVID, potentially in large numbers."

Likewise, the CDC updates what they release to the public, like they did with this one on Monday, March 29, 2021, when they said, "A new CDC study provides strong evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are highly (90%) effective in preventing SARS-CoV-2"

Neither Rachel Maddow nor other news reporters are folks I would go to for information about COVID. Because they are inclined to say whatever sells the news.

This might surprise you. I do not believe everything I hear no matter the source. Logic and experience contribute to my decision-making process. Since other vaccines do not guarantee one will never get the virus, it is illogical to think the COVID vaccine would be any different.

When I want to learn more about anything to avoid being misinformed, I am inclined to look at a variety of sources, realizing that taking the word of one source is not enough. Everyone has some bias.

The definition of the term breakthrough is, 'an important discovery or event that helps to improve a situation or provide an answer to a problem. If the CDC or anyone else claimed the vaccine absolutely prevented COVID, they were shortsighted and premature. There was no way to know this early in the pandemic. To this day science is still learning about the causes and effects of COVID.

When I remember to, I like to include links, not because I think what I posted or what someone said is definitive, but because I think folks want to know the source so they can follow it, read it, and make their own determination as to its validity. Because we all have some degree of bias, any number of folks can read, see, and hear the same thing and come away with different conclusions. I have repeatedly said that Twitter posts are nothing more than opinions, much like posts here are. I also believe opinions are not the same thing as facts although we all are entitled to have them.

I stated my rational to get the COVID vaccine multiple times on Getbig. To repeat, I have several comorbidities which put me at greater risk of having acute symptoms should I get COVID. I am asthmatic, have a tendency for colds to develop into pneumonia ever since infancy, and I am old. Aside from those few things, I take good care of myself and am healthy, (according to my GP).

What I don't get is why some folks find it necessary to denigrate others who decide to get vaccinated. I don't do that to folks who choose not to because I strongly believe in choices and taking responsibility for them. Sometimes, I refer to someone against having the vaccine as being an antivaxxer which is usually what they are... this is a far cry from calling them sheep, sheepies or some other term which is intended to be derogatory. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2023, 04:08:39 PM »
You are correct, Biden (who is a politician and not a virologist) said, during a July 2021 CNN town hall, "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations," and "If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

I imagine Biden had been updated when he said this in December 2021, "And because Omicron spreads so easily, we’ll see some fully vaccinated people get COVID, potentially in large numbers."

Likewise, the CDC updates what they release to the public, like they did with this one on Monday, March 29, 2021, when they said, "A new CDC study provides strong evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are highly (90%) effective in preventing SARS-CoV-2"

Neither Rachel Maddow nor other news reporters are folks I would go to for information about COVID. Because they are inclined to say whatever sells the news.

This might surprise you. I do not believe everything I hear no matter the source. Logic and experience contribute to my decision-making process. Since other vaccines do not guarantee one will never get the virus, it is illogical to think the COVID vaccine would be any different.

When I want to learn more about anything to avoid being misinformed, I am inclined to look at a variety of sources, realizing that taking the word of one source is not enough. Everyone has some bias.

The definition of the term breakthrough is, 'an important discovery or event that helps to improve a situation or provide an answer to a problem. If the CDC or anyone else claimed the vaccine absolutely prevented COVID, they were shortsighted and premature. There was no way to know this early in the pandemic. To this day science is still learning about the causes and effects of COVID.

When I remember to, I like to include links, not because I think what I posted or what someone said is definitive, but because I think folks want to know the source so they can follow it, read it, and make their own determination as to its validity. Because we all have some degree of bias, any number of folks can read, see, and hear the same thing and come away with different conclusions. I have repeatedly said that Twitter posts are nothing more than opinions, much like posts here are. I also believe opinions are not the same thing as facts although we all are entitled to have them.

I stated my rational to get the COVID vaccine multiple times on Getbig. To repeat, I have several comorbidities which put me at greater risk of having acute symptoms should I get COVID. I am asthmatic, have a tendency for colds to develop into pneumonia ever since infancy, and I am old. Aside from those few things, I take good care of myself and am healthy, (according to my GP).

What I don't get is why some folks find it necessary to denigrate others who decide to get vaccinated. I don't do that to folks who choose not to because I strongly believe in choices and taking responsibility for them. Sometimes, I refer to someone against having the vaccine as being an antivaxxer which is usually what they are... this is a far cry from calling them sheep, sheepies or some other term which is intended to be derogatory.

Well there's no denying many many folk Acted / Behaved just like Sheep 🐑
No thought or questioning
Just blindly going along with any & all the Ridiculous nonsense that they were told.

Follow the science 😂🤣😂🤣😂   I've no doubt some people somewhere were having a Game to see
Just how stupid these sheep 🐑  like were & how far they could get them to do daft things.

Six feet apart
Stand up - wear a face nappy
Sit down - safe to take it off
Home by 10pm.
Not allowed outside
Close parks
Windows open at home
Police Battering folk for their own health
Ridiculous queuing measures at airports for then to be crammed in a plane like sardines
Closing off many shops & areas in other shops
One way systems in supermarkets
Virtual Hugs
Leave older folk alone & not visit while killing them off
Empty hospitals - Claiming they were full if ICU was full, which most are all the time.
Videos of Chinese folk walking around like Zombies & Dieing in the streets
Watching politicians ripping off their face Nappies soon as they thought the camera's were off
Same politicians flying in & out of countries yet not having to Quarantine

Just a few things they were Laughing at folk doing.

Did you ever Question the Validity of any of the above ?

I'm guessing not as you've taken the T.E.Vaccines
They had to bring in emergency laws to jab folk
& The Clinical trial of the Vaccines end later this year.

Sheep 🐑  like People.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2023, 04:18:12 PM »

Just blindly going along with any & all the Ridiculous nonsense that they were told.

Follow the science 😂🤣😂🤣😂   I've no doubt some people somewhere were having a Game to see
Just how stupid these sheep 🐑  like were & how far they could get them to do daft things.

Six feet apart
Home by 10pm.
Not allowed outside
Close parks
Windows open at home
Ridiculous queuing measures at airports for then to be crammed in a plane like sardines
Virtual Hugs
Empty hospitals - Claiming they were full if ICU was full, which most are all the time.
Watching politicians ripping off their face Nappies soon as they thought the camera's were off

Sheep 🐑  like People.

Preach the truth, my brother!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2023, 04:26:10 PM »

Regardless of qualifications, people are going to look to politicians and those in the media for trusted information.  When the President, the highest rated "news" person on MSNBC, the CDC director, and Fauci himself indicate you won't get Covid with the vaccine, that will influence hoards.   Couple that with policies dismissing unvaccinated military folks from service, and the way front liners were treated, and the sway is increased.  "You will not get Covid if vaccinated, and will save other's lives"  was absolutely  100% the narrative, so to infer that it wasn't is just a falsehood.

As for the bolded, nobody was going to make that conclusion given the narrative (not sure if it's even true).  In fact, the very definition of what a vaccine is was officially changed to even make mRNA qualify as one, as was the term "anti-vaxxer".

And yes, I don't judge anyone for getting vax, as it's a personal decision.  I am very anti-mandate, and feel that the response to this pandemic was one of the most botched things in history, and cannot fathom how there are still large groups of people (LA, Canada, etc) that still think boosters and masks and all the other stuff are vital.

If you really want to hear some interesting stuff, listen to the Brett Weinstein episode on Rogan.  He's an evolutionary biologist, and has been studying data and such on this since inception.  He's also not afraid to actually admit what they've gotten wrong.  Some telling stuff there.

Y

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2023, 04:38:47 PM »
Regardless of qualifications, people are going to look to politicians and those in the media for trusted information.  When the President, the highest rated "news" person on MSNBC, the CDC director, and Fauci himself indicate you won't get Covid with the vaccine, that will influence hoards.   Couple that with policies dismissing unvaccinated military folks from service, and the way front liners were treated, and the sway is increased.  "You will not get Covid if vaccinated, and will save other's lives"  was absolutely  100% the narrative, so to infer that it wasn't is just a falsehood.

As for the bolded, nobody was going to make that conclusion given the narrative (not sure if it's even true).  In fact, the very definition of what a vaccine is was officially changed to even make mRNA qualify as one, as was the term "anti-vaxxer".

And yes, I don't judge anyone for getting vax, as it's a personal decision.  I am very anti-mandate, and feel that the response to this pandemic was one of the most botched things in history, and cannot fathom how there are still large groups of people (LA, Candada, etc) that still think boosters and masks and all the other stuff are vital.

If you really want to hear some interesting stuff, listen to the Brett Weinstein episode on Rogan.  He's an evolutionary biologist, and has been studying data and such on this since inception.  He's also not afraid to actually admit what they've gotten wrong.  Some telling stuff there.

Thanks - I will be listening to that Brett Weinstein episode.

As those at the head of the Virus Snake knew only to well
It is easier to fool folk & get them to continue with the Stupidity
Than it is To ever get them to Admit they were Foolish & Stupid, Hence why so many continue as they were.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2023, 05:10:20 PM »

Six feet apart
Home by 10pm.
Not allowed outside
Close parks
Windows open at home
Virtual Hugs

Sheep 🐑  like People.

The information below applies to the U.S. It is possible that executive orders, mandates and laws are legally viewed differently in the U.K. where you live.

What are the similarities between executive orders, Mandates and a Law?

* Once imposed, mandates and laws are both legally enforceable.
* They’re both controlled by those who implement and oversee them.

https://constitutionus.com/law/is-a-mandate-a-law/

What happens if you don't comply with an executive order?
Businesses who violate executive orders risk civil fines, mandatory closures, and revocation of business licenses and permits. Understandably, most businesses follow executive orders and mandates, which gives them the ability to require masks, social distancing and occupancy limits.

Mandates and laws are effectively the same thing. Therefore violating a mandate is effectively illegal. Here are two other examples of illegalities:

Driving past the speed limit is an illegal activity.

Breaking and entering is an illegal activity as well as a criminal one.

In Oregon, violating a mandate subjects the violator to a fine and possibly incarceration.

Is an executive order a mandate?

Congress passed Public Law 503, making it a federal offense to disobey the president's executive order. An executive order is declaration by the president or a governor which has the force of law.

https://www.oregon.gov/gov/eo/eo_20-59.pdf

Most people avoid breaking the law. Does this mean most people are sheep?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2023, 08:28:30 PM »
A friend of mine. Woman. Fourteen years as an RN.  Currently an Operating Room RN. Works in a very prestigious hospital 30 miles east of San Francisco.

“Tom, the AMA and the CDC really fucked this up. They failed completely. I’m so disgusted I almost quit.”

“It was all a money grab.” 

And the lie continues.
a

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2023, 08:58:57 PM »

And yes, I don't judge anyone for getting vax, as it's a personal decision.  I am very anti-mandate, and feel that the response to this pandemic was one of the most botched things in history, and cannot fathom how there are still large groups of people (LA, Canada, etc) that still think boosters and masks and all the other stuff are vital.

There are people who if you press them will acknowledge that it was really only the elderly or severely comorbid (sick or very obese) who were at any serious risk and were who should have been focused on.  Yet, while believing this, they still will not acknowledge the next logical step, which was that society did not need to be shut down or go to the coercive extremes it did and that was all bullshit.  I talked to one today.  Despite his own bringing up that many people's lives were unnecessarily ruined, his attitude is "I'd just like to forget it all."

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2023, 09:02:26 PM »
A friend of mine. Woman. Fourteen years as an RN.  Currently an Operating Room RN. Works in a very prestigious hospital 30 miles east of San Francisco.

“Tom, the AMA and the CDC really fucked this up. They failed completely. I’m so disgusted I almost quit.”

“It was all a money grab.” 

And the lie continues.
it was more tha just a "money grab"

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2023, 09:19:57 PM »
it was more tha just a "money grab"
It was the first coup of a sitting President since 1963.

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2023, 09:41:44 PM »
It was the first coup of a sitting President since 1963.
that and the attempted dismantling of the Nuremberg code amoung other things...

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2023, 12:23:19 AM »

Six feet apart
Home by 10pm.
Not allowed outside
Close parks
Windows open at home
Virtual Hugs

Sheep 🐑  like People.

Fantastic post of peace ^^

Most humans are the dumbest animal on the planet, and its insulting to Sheep to call them that.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2023, 01:36:16 AM »
This is a sad story of yet another victim of a conspiracy theories spinner.

Here are some bits and pieces of the craziness that folks fall victim to in these days of COVID and conspiracies.

Set Adrift
Driven by Covid chaos, online disinformation and a YouTube
guru, two Americans went looking for solace on a sailboat
in the middle of the ocean. They found a different fate.

Soon after his 20th birthday, Isaac Danian disappeared from his home in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in early September 2020, leaving behind a note for his younger siblings that warned them "do not get the vaccine" or "you won't make it to heaven."

Isaac started to believe that the Covid-19 vaccine was the government's way of controlling the population, and that the Covid test was just as dangerous.

“The reason why they jumped is because they don’t want to be on the boat. They want to get away from taking this Covid PCR test. They were afraid of taking the Covid test, as it being the mark of the beast now, they had gotten involved with the guru,” Schmidt said.

“They had been led astray by an Instagram era wanna-be prophet guru who spoke in just the right way and manner to draw these two young men in.” Wolman called it “the witches’ brew of Covid conspiracy, end times prophecy, Christian fundamentalism meets stress and turmoil about the 2020 election.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/11/27/us/set-adrift.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/17/us/isaac-danian-covid-missing-south-pacific/index.html

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2023, 01:42:46 AM »

Here are some bits and pieces of the craziness that folks fall victim to in these days of COVID and conspiracies.

Set Adrift

Soon after his 20th birthday, Isaac Danian disappeared from his home in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in early September 2020, leaving behind a note for his younger siblings that warned them "do not get the vaccine" or "you won't make it to heaven."

Isaac started to believe that the Covid-19 vaccine was the government's way of controlling the population, and that the Covid test was just as dangerous.

“The reason why they jumped is because they don’t want to be on the boat. They want to get away from taking this Covid PCR test. They were afraid of taking the Covid test, as it being the mark of the beast now, they had gotten involved with the guru,” Schmidt said.

“They had been led astray by an Instagram era wanna-be prophet guru who spoke in just the right way and manner to draw these two young men in.” Wolman called it “the witches’ brew of Covid conspiracy, end times prophecy, Christian fundamentalism meets stress and turmoil about the 2020 election.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/17/us/isaac-danian-covid-missing-south-pacific/index.html

clinging to straws much?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2023, 04:33:37 AM »
There are people who if you press them will acknowledge that it was really only the elderly or severely comorbid (sick or very obese) who were at any serious risk and were who should have been focused on.  Yet, while believing this, they still will not acknowledge the next logical step, which was that society did not need to be shut down or go to the coercive extremes it did and that was all bullshit.  I talked to one today.  Despite his own bringing up that many people's lives were unnecessarily ruined, his attitude is "I'd just like to forget it all."

I think it has to do with the fact that those who got vaccinated do in fact regret it, but don't want to dwell on it.

As for forgetting it, I don't blame them.  But the fact is, lives were ruined by mandates and the lockdowns, and it won't be forgotten.  A start would be people actually admitting they were wrong.
Y

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2023, 04:34:51 AM »
A start would be people actually admitting they were wrong.

Wouldn't that be nice, aay?  Their inflated ego's would never allow that.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2023, 04:36:07 AM »
For all the shit we give Prime over covid and for what it's worth I think he mostly made the right decisions for his own personal circumstances. Masks, vaccinations, social distancing and still living his life etc. Did a good job for a soggy old homo navigating through it all. No homo

I dont blame Prime for taking it at all. Probably in that high-risk group, though I bet he is in better health and shape than most younger people these days.
Was it needed?? No one knows...

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2023, 04:51:46 AM »

Set Adrift

Stop distracting from our points against you, by bringing up the fa that there were some people even dumber than you on the anti-vax side.

Please address the fact that you lied and claimed that the vaccine was said to only stop severe infection.

It was in fact said to be 100% effective, even when traditional flu vaccines are only 40-50% effective, and was only 16% effective last year, which was no more than chance.

Example:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/31/health/pfizer-vaccine-adolescent-trial-results/index.html

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-04-01/covid-pfizer-vaccine-100-protection-against-the-south-african-variant

https://twitter.com/AlbertBourla/status/1377618480527257606

Why are you lying, or defending liars, Prime?

Yet you believed that the Covid vaccines were 100% effective, because that is what you were told to believe.

Secondly, you do believe everything you say, as long as enough of your fellow liberals say it. You will never reject the consensus liberal view. Only when the proof becomes overwhelming, does that become an issue to you. At this point you have no choice.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2023, 04:58:52 AM »
That is not what I'm saying, I'm legitimately asking the man to understand.

I understand you are far more respectful than me, Grape. 🍇

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2023, 06:51:54 AM »
Ya know, I might contend that those who continue to uncritically support a product with ever retreating claims of efficacy, newly (or not so newly) discovered risks, and for which there is mounting evidence of even being negatively effective, were themselves Set Adrift by a perfect storm of illiberal statism, unrelenting disinformation, and an abiding need to be in the Good People Club, whose membership consists entirely of people without any questions at all, no matter what.

It's ok to have questions, bro. It doesn't mean at any second you're going to vault over a ship's railing into Davey Jones frikkin Locker.

Here's another schizoid ship jumper for all you Rumble researching reprobates.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2023, 10:50:33 AM »
I dont blame Prime for taking it at all. Probably in that high-risk group

Was it needed?? No one knows...

the dangers r well established.

the upside is Zero.

u r a lying piece of shit.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2023, 10:54:26 AM »

the upside is Zero.

Gym Rat is nothing of the sort.

Not everyone has gravitated to the side of the shot being 100% useless.

It's better just to show the data again.
Y

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2023, 10:57:53 AM »

the upside is Zero.

Not sure what you are even talking about... I myself believe its garbage.
I also believe its harmful.

Im talking about 'was it needed for elderly / people who may need it' ??
Cant answer that.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2023, 11:09:35 AM »
'was it needed for elderly / people who may need it' ??

Cant answer that.

yes, u can - but, instead.. u choose to lie and say 'nobody knows'

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2023, 11:11:26 AM »
yes, u can - but, instead.. u choose to lie and say 'nobody knows'

LOL  ::)