Author Topic: What do retired bodybuilders do?  (Read 4777 times)

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
What do retired bodybuilders do?
« on: May 31, 2022, 12:09:48 AM »
I mean, I know they have to work and many of them do, but I was watching that Albert Beckles clip yesterday and wondering what his life was like once he stopped competing. People like Mike Quinn or Mike Christian who aren't making money from their physiques - I'm pretty sure Quinn didn't win enough to be living without work now. What's Vince Taylor doing for a living these days? Or even Levrone? We see a guy like Louie constantly hustling and he actually had a career (of sorts) in film..so I can't imagine these other guys are living large.

And I don't think they're all making mega bucks as personal trainers.

Just curious if anyone has any idea?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: What do retired bodybuilders do?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 12:17:18 AM »
I think you said it, galain.

I don't think they make enough money to live off. Although I am CERTAIN that some of them have made at least a million or two...and they should be able to invest that. Even invested in a GIC at 2.75%, $2M would yield $55,000 per year.

Why more don't do THAT...I don't know.

And those are only the top ones. The ones outside the top 10 need to work jobs even while competing in their primes. So...I have no idea what happens to them.

Presumably, they work as personal trainers or in other similar capacities, or sell supplements or steroids, to make ends meet.

But your guess is as good as anyone's.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 12:21:26 AM »
They make a "secret hardcore Nasser team" on Getbig that is controlled via personal messages1

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 02:40:19 AM »

You answered your own question. 

Those without other skills typically work as personal trainers, gym owners, and nightclub bouncers or bartenders.

And none of them make mega bucks. Why do you think they would?

kcb5150

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 03:24:04 AM »
More seem to be expiring than retiring these days...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 03:31:44 AM »
Bro

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 04:15:22 AM »
Sell pictures and DVDs...

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 05:03:37 AM »

Those without other skills typically work as personal trainers, gym owners, and nightclub bouncers or bartenders.

These are where I see most going, adding in low level construction, and body guarding.

On the nefarious side, some do a little bit of steering for heavier criminal types, usually for drug dealers. Also a few low level guys have been "muscle" for loan sharks, etc..... to pick up a little money from time to time.

Also many get "sugar mamas" to cover the bills.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 05:40:32 AM »
I mean, I know they have to work and many of them do, but I was watching that Albert Beckles clip yesterday and wondering what his life was like once he stopped competing. People like Mike Quinn or Mike Christian who aren't making money from their physiques - I'm pretty sure Quinn didn't win enough to be living without work now. What's Vince Taylor doing for a living these days? Or even Levrone? We see a guy like Louie constantly hustling and he actually had a career (of sorts) in film..so I can't imagine these other guys are living large.

Victor Richards faked his own death

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2022, 05:53:59 AM »
I saw jay cutler selling otomix shoes this weekend on the 'gram

I see these fat bloated kids wearing those RyderWear shoes in the gym, those one with like a plastic lip around the back - they look so bad , like clown boots

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2022, 07:06:34 AM »
being a retired bber today seems very easy.  Online coaching alone ought to net you enough to live off of.  Paid promotions for whatever else you wanna shill.  Few in-person sessions for the rare clients you dont despise.

Get a good manager, set your social media up, and it ought to take care of itself

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2022, 07:08:01 AM »
I would imagine personal trainer, sell drugs or both

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2022, 07:32:42 AM »
being a retired bber today seems very easy.  Online coaching alone ought to net you enough to live off of.  Paid promotions for whatever else you wanna shill.  Few in-person sessions for the rare clients you dont despise.

Get a good manager, set your social media up, and it ought to take care of itself

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2022, 07:48:19 AM »
I mean, I know they have to work and many of them do, but I was watching that Albert Beckles clip yesterday and wondering what his life was like once he stopped competing. People like Mike Quinn or Mike Christian who aren't making money from their physiques - I'm pretty sure Quinn didn't win enough to be living without work now. What's Vince Taylor doing for a living these days?

I think Mike might've actually been living with his parents. When he was trying to get a personal training business started he was doing interviews from their home. Someone also said he was kinda frail in real life now.

Mike Christian seems to be doing ok, I think he jumped on the personal training thing early.

Vincent Taylor, I don't know. He was selling his balls here -

https://vincetaylorgrips.com/ .

The company address is a private home, and if you look at the house value, it's owner either did well on it, or is ready to get foreclosed on depending on real estate sources.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 07:56:03 AM »
I think Mike might've actually been living with his parents. When he was trying to get a personal training business started he was doing interviews from their home. Someone also said he was kinda frail in real life now.

Mike Christian seems to be doing ok, I think he jumped on the personal training thing early.

Vincent Taylor, I don't know. He was selling his balls here -

https://vincetaylorgrips.com/ .

The company address is a private home, and if you look at the house value, it's owner either did well on it, or is ready to get foreclosed on depending on real estate sources.

I think Vince in a recent interview on RX said he had a few properties used his prize money to purchase the homes.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2022, 08:00:24 AM »
I don't suppose it occurred to anyone some of them pursue other professional careers. Some actually have college degrees and can-do other things.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2022, 08:06:01 AM »
I don't suppose it occurred to anyone some of them pursue other professional careers. Some actually have college degrees and can-do other things.

How many can you list?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2022, 08:08:09 AM »

Yup, Chris Duffy comes to mind

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2022, 08:54:14 AM »
Valvelino lived at home with his parents for a long time. Mike Quinn was a bodyguard for Vinny Paz the boxer. Lee Priest married a woman and stays home as a NEET. Lee Haney owned gyms. Most have supplement companies or do personal training and sell drugs.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2022, 09:07:26 AM »
Idk but I remember seeing Mike Quinn many years ago at a strip club, he was so fat with a very distended stomach, looked like he was pregnant, and he was bald, he still had massive arms though, maybe 22'' arms. I was staring at him and he looked at me and said ''what??'' and I just looked away

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2022, 09:08:36 AM »
Idk but I remember seeing Mike Quinn many years ago at a strip club, he was so fat with a very distended stomach, looked like he was pregnant, and he was bald, he still had massive arms though, maybe 22'' arms. I was staring at him and he looked at me and said ''what??'' and I just looked away
He looks like an old fat Italian pizza place owner now.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2022, 09:13:13 AM »
shrink

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2022, 09:18:33 AM »

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2022, 09:21:51 AM »
pussy