Author Topic: MONDAY GYM STORY!!!!  (Read 10448 times)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
MONDAY GYM STORY!!!!
« on: April 25, 2006, 01:46:49 AM »
as i dropped the dumbells to the floor after my first workset on dumbbell benchpreess i didnt see the dumbell lying to my side that soem piece of shit left...and my finger got smashed in between my dumbell and it....i looked down at it not knowing how bad it was injured, when i saw half my fingers tissue hanging off and a brocken bone(could actually see the whole bone)...went to the er and got  10 stitches....and am seeing an ortho guy tomorrow.   as of right now its gonna be tough to work out any upper body for awhie. haha....so, thought id share my omnday gym story
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Bast175

Re: MONDAY GYM STORY!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 01:48:32 AM »
walk it off.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 01:49:52 AM »
i did.   but i was cussing quite loudly as i did. ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

txhulk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 01:53:45 AM »
ouch, that sux man sorry to hear of your mishap

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 02:01:03 AM »
Dumbells can sure roll sometimes. Maybe that person did not mean to do that but sure sounds like a case of ignorance and nothing excuses negligence when the result is what has happened to your pinky. Could you sue? The dude? The gym? The girl behind the counter? etc etc.
Seriously that sounds like a really bad Monday.
I remember doing 45 incline leg press many years back and I had a big guy spotting me for the last rep or two and to rack the sled.
Unfortunately for him I kinda lost control of the weight right when he was helping get the sled onto the supports and crushed the end of his thumb. He didn't say a word - just kinda glared at me and I watched as his entire thumbnail came off and all this blood oozed out.
I know it must of hurt like hell but believe me I felt pretty bad bout the hole episode. For weeks after that I was asking him if he was o.k. but he was pretty cool. about it which of course made me feel worse.
Selfish bastard.  ;D

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 02:10:38 AM »
if its just the tip of your thumb there should be no reason why you physically cant do all the upperbody exercises....the pain of the blood rushing to the injury will be another story, however...
its comin today

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 06:23:44 AM »
sorry to hear that bro. I had my share of bad luck yesterday too!!!
After being without trainning for 2 weeks, because i injured myself on dead-lifts and f*cked my ciatic (sp?) nerve (i still feel my back, i will have to find a chiropratic doctor...), i got back on the gym yesterday to train chest...
 The workout was good, i even break some personal records on 2 exercises, and on the end i decided to train calfs...
 Doing calfs on the leg-press machine, on the last set i forgot that i didnt locked the machine, so when my leg was going down to finish the exercise, the lock was off and i almost got crushed on the machine, LOL
 Well, the machine has a safety lock, but i think that because of the extreme angle that my knees where put, now my left knee is hurting ,  :'( (so i cant train legs today, as i was planning)
 One more injury for the collection...just one of those days that you make stupid things and pay the price for it...
!

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 06:30:41 AM »
Perhaps you should not drop the dumbbells to the floor and instead control the weight when needing to put it down. Dropping D-bells does cause them to loosen and obviously increasing your risk of an injury.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 06:32:40 AM »
Ouch.  Freaking ouch.

Don't flame me for this, but why do people have to drop the DBs?  I'm no beast, but I use the 150s on flat press and 125s on incline and don't have to drop them.  Again, I'm not busting your chops, but if you can press them, I'm sure you can set them down.

Damn, I just realized what a peckerhead I sound like.  meh.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 06:33:13 AM »
lmao

best one yet was the guy screaming doing seated shoulder presses with 135lbs...thought the poor guy was passing a stone or some shit....sounded like an apache indian coming to scalp your ass he was screaming so loud!  i mean tyradactyl kinda shit!

RWAAAAAAAAAAAAARK! god DAMN it was funny!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 06:37:57 AM »
Just be careful when you put them down, and check if there's anything on the floor nearby.

Since we're sort of on the topic of injuries, I almost injured my back doing Good Mornings (of all things?). The weight was one of the heaviest I've done, and I must have lost concentration for a split sec or simply couldn't get the form needed for that weight, which caused my back to round and thus sent a pain through it. Went away after a few days, but that could have ended any hopes of getting a better body. Just have to be careful 100% of the time.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 06:49:11 AM »
Why were you dropping fortyfive pounders? :)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 07:12:48 AM »
 I take it you aren't Animal.

jpeso

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 07:29:12 AM »
Ouch.  Freaking ouch.

Don't flame me for this, but why do people have to drop the DBs?  I'm no beast, but I use the 150s on flat press and 125s on incline and don't have to drop them.  Again, I'm not busting your chops, but if you can press them, I'm sure you can set them down.

I get your point but after a heavy set, you just want to drop em and rest.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 07:31:27 AM »
as i dropped the dumbells to the floor after my first workset on dumbbell benchpreess i didnt see the dumbell lying to my side that soem piece of shit left...and my finger got smashed in between my dumbell and it....i looked down at it not knowing how bad it was injured, when i saw half my fingers tissue hanging off and a brocken bone(could actually see the whole bone)...went to the er and got  10 stitches....and am seeing an ortho guy tomorrow.   as of right now its gonna be tough to work out any upper body for awhie. haha....so, thought id share my omnday gym story
hahahaha, you suck.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Harry R. M. Pitts

• Getbig III
  • large lover
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 07:40:40 AM »
sorry to hear, sounds painfull. Well on the positive note at least you can use this opportunity to work on your legs.
"

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 08:09:45 AM »
Hey kid next time drop them on your knees and then rerack them from your knees. Thats what Alexxx used to do when he used dumbells but now is using barbells cause thats how mr. Olympia's train.
just push some weight!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 09:41:51 AM »
if its just the tip of your thumb there should be no reason why you physically cant do all the upperbody exercises....the pain of the blood rushing to the injury will be another story, however...
naw man its my ring finnger..and its all inn a splint now.            and i fogot to telll u that the doc said ill never have my fingernail.LOL i guess from now on ill be workinb the cuchy with that finger!! ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 09:43:05 AM »
Ouch.  Freaking ouch.

i know..normally i it up with them.  but it was fro a flat bench so it wast fully dropping them
d[-_-]b actin all cool

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 09:44:18 AM »
Why were you dropping fortyfive pounders? :)
lol  85's
d[-_-]b actin all cool

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 09:46:52 AM »
wus

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 09:47:19 AM »
I've done that before but not to that extent, hurts like a bitch. The good thing is you will never do that again.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 09:48:11 AM »
Hey kid next time drop them on your knees and then rerack them from your knees. Thats what Alexxx used to do when he used dumbells but now is using barbells cause thats how mr. Olympia's train.

considering you were probably only using the 30's it might have been a little easier for you to do this...btw, what's up with the 3rd person stuff?
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 09:51:45 AM »
lol Alexxx goes up to the 125s incline dumbell press. I even droped a 100 pound dumbell on my toe a couple of times and it is fine. Once I dropped a 5 pound plate on my toe and my nail turned blue.
just push some weight!

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 09:54:34 AM »

That sucks, but I can only say it could be worse:  I knew a guy in Texas who was doing dumbell side lateral raises and was swinging and cheating at the end of his set... well lo and behold he comes down on one rep and pinches his schlong between the dumbells!  BAM!!   He crawled to the lockerroom, worried that he killed it!!  So in retrospect, a broken finger wouldn't be as bad as a broken wong.l