Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 146094 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #2300 on: September 19, 2022, 12:21:42 PM »
No TITTY BOY, a 385 x 2 squat is really nothing special, but it would still absolutely crush you. You post lameass videos to try to show off your supposed strength and all they do is expose you for not knowing how to train and for how weak and undeveloped you are…exactly as bhank said.

You’re a weakling, a liar, and bhank has you caught in a lie that you’re trying to deflect your attention away from.

Everything about you is bullshit. You lie about everything you do.

AND YOU HAVE TITS!  MATT “TITTY BOY” CANNING, THUNDER BAY’S LACTACTING LIGHTWEIGHT LIAR!

I squatted 385x2 when I competed in a powerlifting contest once. The refined nature of powerlifting put me off from it. I prefer Strongman contests - lift the weight up, and put it back down.

As you said - 385x2 is not a special lift. But it was a good lift for me for 178-lb, which is what I weighed at the time.

Questions for you:

Do you shoulder press 100-lb dumbbells for over 10 reps?

Do you bench press 265 for over 10 reps?

Out of curiosity, how many reps do you get with each of the above lifts? Say you bench pressed 265 today, how many reps could you get? I'd probably get 10? Maybe 12. How about you? How many reps could you get?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2301 on: September 19, 2022, 12:25:11 PM »
Me squatting 365 in my garage in March last year.

This thread is about bhank seated pressing the 75 lb DB for 20-25 with perfect form and full ROM.

No other lift matters.
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2302 on: September 19, 2022, 12:30:10 PM »
Would you accept a 1,350-lb leg press?

That's the most my gym's leg press can hold, with one heavyweight man standing on it, lol.

No, but seriously - why is squat so important to you?

What makes leg press not valid?  ::)

IMO, a 1,000-lb leg press is on par with a 315-335 squat.

It just so happens - I prefer the leg press.

Fuck no a leg press is not a squat you claimed you can do 385lbs for 2 reps ATG you said you can do 360 off the couch so fine let’s both do the same weight and see who does it better. 345lbs should be easy for you yes? Today yes? You claim to be so much stronger abs to squat so much more claiming 405 atg would be easy for you let’s find out. Squat strength challenge today 345lbs with the best form you can get let the board decide who does it better do you accept or not??

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2303 on: September 19, 2022, 12:31:53 PM »
I squatted 385x2 when I competed in a powerlifting contest once. The refined nature of powerlifting put me off from it. I prefer Strongman contests - lift the weight up, and put it back down.

As you said - 385x2 is not a special lift. But it was a good lift for me for 178-lb, which is what I weighed at the time.

Questions for you:

Do you shoulder press 100-lb dumbbells for over 10 reps?

Do you bench press 265 for over 10 reps?

Out of curiosity, how many reps do you get with each of the above lifts? Say you bench pressed 265 today, how many reps could you get? I'd probably get 10? Maybe 12. How about you? How many reps could you get?

You don’t shoulder press 100lbs for 10 reps you performed 0 shoulder presses

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2304 on: September 19, 2022, 12:33:38 PM »
Matt - Serious Question ??

Why are you so obsessed with Posting How Much You can & you have Lifted ?

Yes you've got some decent poundages - Only you are well aware that a few of us Have & do lift more & much more in some cases.
You don't see us Going on & on about How Much we have & can lift,
Please stop it Now its getting very Repetitive & Boring.
Surely There's more to you than Posting this Nonsense a 1000
along with selfie pics.
Be happy / Content with what you do.

My lifts are perfectly respectable for a 170-lb almost entirely lifetime natural.

They are good lifts for a person taking an everyday healthy approach to training.

As to why I post the videos...

First off, this is an update thread for me, so I felt it was appropriate.

Second, when assholes like Walter Sobchak - the anonymous piece of shit - trashes me for lifts which are perfectly fine, especially for my body weight - that aggravates me because part of the reason why some perfectly good potential competitors don't compete in strength contests. It's because they hear of people being so strong, and fear that they wouldn't do well.

illuminati - did you know that if you bench press 225, that you are in the top 0.21% to the top 0.63% of people?

Yet some people at that level who would like to compete don't do it because of the various lying assholes making claims, and giving them false impressions about the competition.

You've probably heard of unrealistic media images, right? Well - lies impact people negatively too.

I'm in the top 0.1% of male strength, and I know it. But I was well within the top 1% and didn't even know it because of stupid assholes like SquadFatter [RIP] who would trash everyone and make them feel like shit.

Incidentally, I have NO PROBLEM admitting B. Hank can squat more than me *right now*. Why would I? I haven't squatted in over two years because of the pandemic.

That said, I can probably leg press more than him.

But I have NO PROBLEM being truthful about where I stand on things. I know my place in the hierarchy.

Here's something to consider - look at the fat, disgusting piece of shit in the first picture. He was trashing me around the time the second picture was taken.

HAHAHAHAHA, WHAT A FAT FUCKING LOSER.

Haha, just the thought of that fat, stinking piece of shit trashing me. Haha, you can't make that up! And because he was posting anonymously, I had no idea whether or not he was credible.

It blows my mind when people post attacks behind a computer screen, but likely look like that fat POS SquadFatter in deal life!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2305 on: September 19, 2022, 12:36:23 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA, this fat stinking sack of shit used to trash me. Meanwhile, I was getting women just STANDING BY THE DOOR at my bouncer job at the time.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, WHAT A FAT DISGUSTING LOSER.

RIP.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2306 on: September 19, 2022, 12:44:27 PM »
Y'all be going on about these little events for the next 20 years.  :)

Hopefully that will be 19-1/2 years after you’re gone.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2307 on: September 19, 2022, 12:44:42 PM »
For the record, Matt just responded to Matt.

That's where we're at.
Y

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2308 on: September 19, 2022, 12:46:06 PM »
Every time you call him out on his squat lies, he switches to the shoulder press videos.

When you call him out on his half rep shoulder presses, he deflects the discussion to what random people on YouTube are doing.

Matt Canning is a bullshitter, about lifting, his lifts, his education, his financial situation, about everything. He is a chronic liar.

So Matt Canning, who claims to be a ranked Canadian strongman, and one of the “strongest people on Getbig” is backpedaling like a motherfukker because he is caught in ANOTHER LIE!

I have NO PROBLEM stating B. Hank has a heavier squat than me. If he can squat 355, that probably converts to at least a 1,050-lb leg press. I don't think that's leaps and bounds stronger than me, but it's stronger.

Also, I'd need a week or two to squat again, to get my form down.

Lmao @ you claiming a 350-400 range squat is so spectacular. Considering I BENCH PRESS 315 for 8, why wouldn't I be able to squat it?  ::)

I'm in the top 10 on Getbig currently among people who posted videos, or have proven themselves otherwise.

Name 10 people who can lift more than me?  ::)

Half reps, lmao. Shut the fuck up. As if you could do half reps with that weight. Haha.

As for my education, I claimed to have a 4-year mathematics degree, a 4-year psychology degree, a minor in geography, and a certificate in Environmental Management.

I also claimed to have an Army background.

I fail to see where I lied.

Ok, ok, fine - I ONLY do 85% reps with my dumbbells! So sue me!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2309 on: September 19, 2022, 12:52:21 PM »
Walter Sobchak - do you think I'm making this up?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2310 on: September 19, 2022, 12:54:18 PM »

That's where we're at.

At least a dozen pages back Matt also said he doesn't care what anyone thinks about his form/lifts. 50 MattC posts later he's still posting about it

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #2311 on: September 19, 2022, 12:54:45 PM »

That's where we're at.

Hahahahahaha.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #2312 on: September 19, 2022, 12:57:10 PM »
I have NO PROBLEM stating B. Hank has a heavier squat than me. If he can squat 355, that probably converts to at least a 1,050-lb leg press. I don't think that's leaps and bounds stronger than me, but it's stronger.

Also, I'd need a week or two to squat again, to get my form down.

Lmao @ you claiming a 350-400 range squat is so spectacular. Considering I BENCH PRESS 315 for 8, why wouldn't I be able to squat it?  ::)

I'm in the top 10 on Getbig currently among people who posted videos, or have proven themselves otherwise.

Name 10 people who can lift more than me?  ::)

Half reps, lmao. Shut the fuck up. As if you could do half reps with that weight. Haha.

As for my education, I claimed to have a 4-year mathematics degree, a 4-year psychology degree, a minor in geography, and a certificate in Environmental Management.

I also claimed to have an Army background.

I fail to see where I lied.

Ok, ok, fine - I ONLY do 85% reps with my dumbbells! So sue me!

I never claimed a 350 - 400 lb squat was spectacular. Especially not for a 40-year old steroid user who runs around the internet claiming to be a “strongman”. You need to step outside your mommy’s basement once in a while and come to the realization - you are NOT strong.

But that is beside the point, because you can’t properly squat anything close to that weight anyway.

TITTY BOY WEAKLING MATT CANNING, your reading comprehension drops off during your crybaby temper tantrums. Maybe if you pay Arce Rehaluk a couple hundred bucks for another flight to London ( 🙄 ) he will call you “strongman”?

So you said you could step off your couch and squat 360 lbs to full-depth today. Bhank called you out on your bullshit claim and now you’re backpedaling like a tiny manlet bitch.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #2313 on: September 19, 2022, 01:01:44 PM »
At least a dozen pages back Matt also said he doesn't care what anyone thinks about his form/lifts. 50 MattC posts later he's still posting about it

And the first 50 pages of this thread are Matt “TITTY BOY” Canning ignoring good advice on his shit diet and his failed steroid cycle. Interspersed with hundreds of really lame back poses.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2314 on: September 19, 2022, 01:20:09 PM »

That's where we're at.

I'm just saying - SquadFatter had NO BUSINESS trashing anyone!

Grape - surely you remember that fat man, don't you?

RIP.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #2315 on: September 19, 2022, 01:21:50 PM »
I don't think the leg press weight translates at all to squat weight. I've seen a non butch woman do 5 plates a side in the leg press machine for 10 reps to good depth, multiple sets. I've also seen lots of guys with unimpressive leg size do this. I don't know if squats are the best way to build leg mass or strength i just don't think you can estimate strength on one to the other Matt

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2316 on: September 19, 2022, 01:23:52 PM »

I do care. I find it irritating when people are trashing a decent lift.

I'm pretty close to hitting the 110's for a double - I just struggle to get them into position.

But that's a decent press.

What annoys me is when people are being delusional about it - like Walter Sobchak calling me a weakling.

I'm curious how many reps he gets with the 65's, which is probably around his max.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2317 on: September 19, 2022, 01:33:04 PM »
And the first 50 pages of this thread are Matt “TITTY BOY” Canning ignoring good advice on his shit diet and his failed steroid cycle. Interspersed with hundreds of really lame back poses.

Those back poses are hilarious. He thinks he's improved his back and added some back thickness. All he's done is added back fat and formed some roles which in certain lighting adds shadow which can look like definition.

He's also hitting the rear double bi different to what he did in the past and because he looks different in the pose he thinks he's developed acromegaly.

The bathroom pic set is also a joke.
He stretched out/changed the width some of his more recent to make himself look thicker/wider. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it might not have been intentional, but look at the width of the tiles in the background, they are not the same...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2318 on: September 19, 2022, 01:34:46 PM »
I do care. I find it irritating when people are trashing a decent lift.

I'm pretty close to hitting the 110's for a double - I just struggle to get them into position.

But that's a decent press.

What annoys me is when people are being delusional about it - like Walter Sobchak calling me a weakling.

I'm curious how many reps he gets with the 65's, which is probably around his max.

Again, why not just use a barbell for your shoulder presses? It would save you a lot of strain, as far getting the weight into position.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2319 on: September 19, 2022, 01:37:15 PM »

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #2320 on: September 19, 2022, 01:40:24 PM »
I actually agree with half truths Hankins  here.

Lol at Matt trying to convince ppl leg press is the same as squatting.

Polio legs  Brian has a better Squat and that isn’t saying much.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2321 on: September 19, 2022, 01:42:52 PM »
I don't think the leg press weight translates at all to squat weight. I've seen a non butch woman do 5 plates a side in the leg press machine for 10 reps to good depth, multiple sets. I've also seen lots of guys with unimpressive leg size do this. I don't know if squats are the best way to build leg mass or strength i just don't think you can estimate strength on one to the other Matt

Good point, Gym & Juice.

I can only say from experience, that when I can leg press around 1,100-lb on the leg press, I was in the 350-400 squat range.

I've currently maxed out the leg press machine at both my gyms [they don't fit any more plates], so my goal is to get 8-10 reps.

It's 990-lb in total weight + the weight of the sled, which is about 110-lb. So around 1,100-lb which I can currently get - but it's definitely a hard lift for me.

I don't intend to squat again, because squats are just personally my least favorite lift.  Also, in Strongman contests, they usually have parallel squats using vehicles [mini-van squat for example]. What I hate about squats is judging depth.  So I just strengthen my legs with other lifts.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2322 on: September 19, 2022, 01:47:53 PM »
My lifts are perfectly respectable for a 170-lb almost entirely lifetime natural.

They are good lifts for a person taking an everyday healthy approach to training.

As to why I post the videos...

First off, this is an update thread for me, so I felt it was appropriate.

Second, when assholes like Walter Sobchak - the anonymous piece of shit - trashes me for lifts which are perfectly fine, especially for my body weight - that aggravates me because part of the reason why some perfectly good potential competitors don't compete in strength contests. It's because they hear of people being so strong, and fear that they wouldn't do well.

illuminati - did you know that if you bench press 225, that you are in the top 0.21% to the top 0.63% of people?

Yet some people at that level who would like to compete don't do it because of the various lying assholes making claims, and giving them false impressions about the competition.

You've probably heard of unrealistic media images, right? Well - lies impact people negatively too.

I'm in the top 0.1% of male strength, and I know it. But I was well within the top 1% and didn't even know it because of stupid assholes like SquadFatter [RIP] who would trash everyone and make them feel like shit.

Incidentally, I have NO PROBLEM admitting B. Hank can squat more than me *right now*. Why would I? I haven't squatted in over two years because of the pandemic.

That said, I can probably leg press more than him.

But I have NO PROBLEM being truthful about where I stand on things. I know my place in the hierarchy.

Here's something to consider - look at the fat, disgusting piece of shit in the first picture. He was trashing me around the time the second picture was taken.

HAHAHAHAHA, WHAT A FAT FUCKING LOSER.

Haha, just the thought of that fat, stinking piece of shit trashing me. Haha, you can't make that up! And because he was posting anonymously, I had no idea whether or not he was credible.

It blows my mind when people post attacks behind a computer screen, but likely look like that fat POS SquadFatter in deal life!

Matt - As I've stated several times your poundages are decent going.
As for Being a Lifetime natty , sorry I don't care 🤷🏼‍♂️
I won 2 British PowerLifting Cahmpionships & was Natural - I wish I'd known better at that time
& I Might've been in with a Shout of winning World Champs.

My lifts at 165lb & at age 21 were well ahead of your lifts at the same weight - And So What ,
Who Cares - I Did at the Time as I was Competing to Win & I Did.
Do I Repeatedly Go on & on & on about what I Lifted ? No, if asked then I'll talk about them.
You should do similar- I'm not impressed by your lifting poundage as I've lifted far more
Natural & at less body weight in competition & You Know What ?? There were others that
Were stronger on some Lifts Than me - That's just Facts - Accept it & Deal with it.

I care Not if anyone on here believes me or wishes to Trash my Lifts / Poundages
I Have the Trophies & Records .

That's their problem Matt if they don't believe you - Why waste so much Time & Energy arguing with
Them about it - They Don't Care & Are Just Winding you up & Poking Fun at You're Expense!!
Let it Go, You're never going to Win / Shut them up, Do you Tommy W posting
Endlessly about his Lifts & How Strong He Is ??
NO you don't as He isn't Remotely Bothered by what others on here want to say or Think.

Be Secure in yourself & Stop seeking Approval from those That will Never Give you It.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2323 on: September 19, 2022, 01:53:25 PM »
I actually agree with half truths Hankins  here.

Lol at Matt trying to convince ppl leg press is the same as squatting.

Polio legs  Brian has a better Squat and that isn’t saying much.

I'd say any given leg press probably converts to 1/3 as much for a squat.

Didn't Ronnie leg press 2,400 on the same day the same day he squatted 800?

That's why I suspect I'd be in the 350+ range for a squat right now. But sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to readjust to a lift.

For instance,  all my overhead presses lately have been with dumbbells. So while I'm fairly certain I have the power to push press 225 right now, I'd want to start with 185, then do 205 next week, then max out - which I suspect would be 225-240.

The last time I push pressed 230, my dumbbell press was lower.

IMO, it just boils down to central nervous system acclimation to the lifts.

Another way to look at it would be like this: the world's top powerlifters have a higher 3-lift total than any of the World's Strongest Man competitors.  But they would not win WSM, because they don't have events training.

Some of them could be competitive in WSM fairly quickly, if they did some transitional events training though.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2324 on: September 19, 2022, 02:10:12 PM »
please.....

Someone lock this fucking thread.