Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 146080 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #2325 on: September 19, 2022, 02:12:20 PM »
Those back poses are hilarious. He thinks he's improved his back and added some back thickness. All he's done is added back fat and formed some roles which in certain lighting adds shadow which can look like definition.

He's also hitting the rear double bi different to what he did in the past and because he looks different in the pose he thinks he's developed acromegaly.

The bathroom pic set is also a joke.
He stretched out/changed the width some of his more recent to make himself look thicker/wider. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it might not have been intentional, but look at the width of the tiles in the background, they are not the same...

I have no idea why you're being such a dick, Flexacon - especially when I already apologized to you for the comment you made about that cruise ship having a Covid outbreak, and you saying flat was proof that the vaccine was working.

The reason why that cruise ship had the outbreak is in part because the vaccine is crap, but also because if you jack up the PCR test to a cycle threshold of 34+, it can test a banana positive for Covid.

You're from the UK, aren't you?

How do you feel about the UK government not recommending the vaccine to pregnant women as of August 16th, and then quietly prohibiting it for children under five?

Is that because the vaccine is working?

Anyway, if you have a problem with my posts, either stop reading them or stop being an asshole. I've already put forth the effort to apologize to you for the ONE negative comment I made to you about the vaccine, but given the extent of the lockdowns and other illegal measures in Canada naturally, I was upset with anyone promoting the Big Pharma plandemic joke.

In 2-3 years, NO ONE will openly admit that they fell for this sham.

As for my cycle progress - I made roughly the progress/transformation I expected to make.

I mean, what progress will anyone make on a low-dose oral cycle? IMO,  anywhere between 10-25 pounds would be expected.  I gained 25-27, and was fuller, and sort of more "3D" looking.

That's exactly what I expected.

As for the tiles...I haven't adjusted my camera. It's the default setting for the Moto-E burner phone I have. If I had to guess, I'm just closer to the camera in the newer picture.

Even now since coming off, I'm still over 200-lb, but I've lost that sort of "pop" my muscles had.  Something which I don't think is attainable without juice. It's hard to quantify, but juice just creates a different look.

I have a new burner phone now, so maybe my pictures will look different now.

As for your comment that I purposely manipulated my photos...you realize that's a compliment, right?

Thank you very much for that compliment,  Flexacon.

I love the inadvertent compliments,  lol.

I agree with you - I am wider in the second photo. I am also [squad] fatter, but ultimately,  I look better. That was the point of running this cycle - just to look slightly better for the summer, rather than spend 6-8 months following a perfect diet for the same progress.

Maybe next time - if there is one - I'll be a little braver in my doses!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2326 on: September 19, 2022, 02:19:01 PM »
And the first 50 pages of this thread are Matt “TITTY BOY” Canning ignoring good advice on his shit diet and his failed steroid cycle. Interspersed with hundreds of really lame back poses.

Out of curiosity,  how many reps can you get with 65-lb dumbbells for shoulder press? I'm assuming that's close to your max?

I'm sure you're good for the 65's for 8.

Am I close?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2327 on: September 19, 2022, 02:24:01 PM »
Again, why not just use a barbell for your shoulder presses? It would save you a lot of strain, as far getting the weight into position.

No real reason.

Maybe availability - at my one gym, the military press is a part of the power rack. So pressing there would hog it from those squatting.

Also, I feel I can focus more on my shoulders doing the work when I'm stabilized in a seated position.

I do switch things up - but I do dumbbells more for shoulders than barbells.

I think dumbbells are slightly safer too...but I guess that's debatable.

Do to answer your question: preference, mainly.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2328 on: September 19, 2022, 02:31:59 PM »
I'm just saying - SquadFatter had NO BUSINESS trashing anyone!

Grape - surely you remember that fat man, don't you?

RIP.

We agree on this, for sure. 

He was one of the biggest hypocrites, assholes, and among the lowest of the worthless trolling palm-fuckers I've ever seen.  For a grown man, he had an astonishingly juvenile mentality and sense of humor.  How else could he rack up tens of thousands of posts with each of his many handles?

Pics or it didn't happen!, said the pig who took a blurry picture of himself in the reflection of a sliding glass door.
It revealed a spare tire around his gut and a sorry-looking arm with unremarkable size and nary a cut in sight.

Meltdown!, said the jester with no logical counters.

Bwahaha, monster triceps!, he'd say of anyone brave enough to actually post pics -- well, with a few exceptions.  He rode that ephebophile Abeles' dick pretty hard, which was ironic: Adam is a Jew, and Mirza spoke glowingly of the "great Heinrich Himmler."

(Aside: I know your stance on the Holocaust.  If you want to debate that in an independent thread, we can; for now, let's just say we disagree there.  However, I think you'd probably agree that Herr Himmler was *not* a great man.  He was a failed chicken farmer who was behind the genocide of many innocent people; and when it came to him personally overseeing that genocide, he was too much of a coward to stomach it.

From Quota:  SS-Obergruppenfuhrer Karl Wolff relates to an Einsatzgruppen (Special Action) execution near Minsk in late 1941. Wolff’s narrative is as follows:

“And there an open grave had been dug. And they had jump into this and lie face down. And when a certain number had already been shot, they had lie on the people who had been shot. And Himmler had never seen dead people before, and in his curiosity he was leaning over this pit, a sort of triangular hole, and looking in. While he was looking in, Himmler had the deserved bad luck, from one or another of those that had been shot in the head, that he got a splash of brains on his coat. And I think it also splashed onto his face. And he became very green and pale, he wasn’t actually sick, but he was heaving and swaying and stumbled back from this pit. Then, I lead him away from the pit.”)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2329 on: September 19, 2022, 02:44:11 PM »

Matt - As I've stated several times your poundages are decent going.
As for Being a Lifetime natty , sorry I don't care 🤷🏼‍♂️
I won 2 British PowerLifting Cahmpionships & was Natural - I wish I'd known better at that time
& I Might've been in with a Shout of winning World Champs.

My lifts at 165lb & at age 21 were well ahead of your lifts at the same weight - And So What ,
Who Cares - I Did at the Time as I was Competing to Win & I Did.
Do I Repeatedly Go on & on & on about what I Lifted ? No, if asked then I'll talk about them.
You should do similar- I'm not impressed by your lifting poundage as I've lifted far more
Natural & at less body weight in competition & You Know What ?? There were others that
Were stronger on some Lifts Than me - That's just Facts - Accept it & Deal with it.

I care Not if anyone on here believes me or wishes to Trash my Lifts / Poundages
I Have the Trophies & Records .

That's their problem Matt if they don't believe you - Why waste so much Time & Energy arguing with
Them about it - They Don't Care & Are Just Winding you up & Poking Fun at You're Expense!!
Let it Go, You're never going to Win / Shut them up, Do you Tommy W posting
Endlessly about his Lifts & How Strong He Is ??
NO you don't as He isn't Remotely Bothered by what others on here want to say or Think.

Be Secure in yourself & Stop seeking Approval from those That will Never Give you It.

First off, your lifts are amazing.  I had heard about them from someone else before corresponding with you.

Secondly, I would think if someone was trashing your lifts, you would indeed take it personally.

Especially if you had literal video evidence, and you had people question what is visibly right in front of them.

Take my dumbbell press for instance - you have B. Hank claim that KinoBody's form is better than mine, and Grape Ape call Eddie Hall's reps "perfect no lock" reps.

Meanwhile, the YouTube comments were loaded with people calling Eddie out for doing half reps.

Now look - I acknowledge that I was a few inches short on my reps. No argument there. But if we're going to say I saved some energy not going all the way down, HOW is it ok to save energy not going all the way UP?

Either way, you save energy, and get more reps.

So if this week, I do the lift again, and don't lock out any reps, but go an inch or two lower, would that be better?

What would that prove?

And for B. Hank to say that all ~10 videos I posted were better form than me - how am I supposed to take him seriously?

Now I know he's trashing me just for the sake of trashing me.

In other words, some people here are LYING. B. Hank knows full well that my form is better than most people who post videos pressing 100-lb dumbbells or more. The proof is in the videos.

If he just said "Yeah - their form socks too", I would consider him credible. Though anyone nitpicking a heavy lift like that is a bit of a tool.

For example, B. Hank's 355 squat wouldn't pass in contest - BUT - it's still a decent lift showing good strength. It's still in the top 1% of the general public.

Dumbbell pressing 100-lb dumbbells is literally stronger than 99.95% of the population, and people are nitpicking it? Seriously?

Then you have Walter Sobchak whose lifetime max bench is 230, and who needed JustPlaneJane to lie about his body weight on here when he can easily post a photo with his face hidden...it's just bizarre.

I don't need to hear people tell me that I'm in the top 0.1% of strongest men. That's literally just a statistical fact. But when there are people insisting the opposite,  it does get annoying.

Comments trashing my physique,  I can handle. I mean, that's SUBJECTIVE.  My strength level is not.

If you bench press 225, you are among the top 0.5% of strongest men. So there you go - even Walter Sobchak is among the top 0.5%, lol.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2330 on: September 19, 2022, 02:48:48 PM »
What a huge difference. Gee, it looks like they got me by 6.45cm. OH MY GOD!!!  ::)

At least I lock out each rep.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2331 on: September 19, 2022, 02:53:20 PM »
Y

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2332 on: September 19, 2022, 02:57:42 PM »
No real reason.

Maybe availability - at my one gym, the military press is a part of the power rack. So pressing there would hog it from those squatting.

Also, I feel I can focus more on my shoulders doing the work when I'm stabilized in a seated position.

I do switch things up - but I do dumbbells more for shoulders than barbells.
I think dumbbells are slightly safer too...but I guess that's debatable.

Do to answer your question: preference, mainly.

I'd actually reckon the BB is safer; having to kick the dumbbells into the starting position is easily the most dangerous part of that lift.

That said, the DB press might be a bit better for hypertrophy purposes, though I think the difference is inconsequential.  Moreover:

*You have plenty of front delt development.  Your shoulders in general are your strength.  As long as you're doing chest presses, I'd refocus delts to face pulls, side and rear laterals.

*This goes a way back, but I called both your chest and shoulder presses "sloppy."

Yeah, I've seen far worse :), but your defensive reaction, complete with all those videos of how other chaps perform the exercise, leads me to think I struck a nerve.  No, you don't need to go a full foot lower...but my man, that bending wrist tilt IS robbing you of optimal gains, strength-based and otherwise.  If you can pull 500+, you can hold your wrists straight and lower the weight 4-6" more.

*Slightly off-topic, but please, indulge me: what does your current pec and back workouts look like? 

You're given to details and long posts :)  Don't stop now that I ask you such things, LOL.  I wanna give you another shot.  I bet you'll ignore my advice, but maybe not?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2333 on: September 19, 2022, 03:04:11 PM »

Well four things have been determined here:

(1) Matt “BITCHTITS” Canning lies about his lifts and chickened out on hanky’s challenge.
(2) The steroid cycle made him fat and he grew tits.
(3) The moron won’t take any type of advice.
(4) Titty Boy’s legs are so lame he’s never going to take his mommy’s yoga tights off.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2334 on: September 19, 2022, 03:05:58 PM »
First off, your lifts are amazing.  I had heard about them from someone else before corresponding with you.

Secondly, I would think if someone was trashing your lifts, you would indeed take it personally.

Especially if you had literal video evidence, and you had people question what is visibly right in front of them.

Take my dumbbell press for instance - you have B. Hank claim that KinoBody's form is better than mine, and Grape Ape call Eddie Hall's reps "perfect no lock" reps.

Meanwhile, the YouTube comments were loaded with people calling Eddie out for doing half reps.

Now look - I acknowledge that I was a few inches short on my reps. No argument there. But if we're going to say I saved some energy not going all the way down, HOW is it ok to save energy not going all the way UP?

Either way, you save energy, and get more reps.

So if this week, I do the lift again, and don't lock out any reps, but go an inch or two lower, would that be better?

What would that prove?

And for B. Hank to say that all ~10 videos I posted were better form than me - how am I supposed to take him seriously?

Now I know he's trashing me just for the sake of trashing me.

In other words, some people here are LYING. B. Hank knows full well that my form is better than most people who post videos pressing 100-lb dumbbells or more. The proof is in the videos.

If he just said "Yeah - their form socks too", I would consider him credible. Though anyone nitpicking a heavy lift like that is a bit of a tool.

For example, B. Hank's 355 squat wouldn't pass in contest - BUT - it's still a decent lift showing good strength. It's still in the top 1% of the general public.

Dumbbell pressing 100-lb dumbbells is literally stronger than 99.95% of the population, and people are nitpicking it? Seriously?

Then you have Walter Sobchak whose lifetime max bench is 230, and who needed JustPlaneJane to lie about his body weight on here when he can easily post a photo with his face hidden...it's just bizarre.

I don't need to hear people tell me that I'm in the top 0.1% of strongest men. That's literally just a statistical fact. But when there are people insisting the opposite,  it does get annoying.

Comments trashing my physique,  I can handle. I mean, that's SUBJECTIVE.  My strength level is not.

If you bench press 225, you are among the top 0.5% of strongest men. So there you go - even Walter Sobchak is among the top 0.5%, lol.

Matt - You're Missing my Point .
Seriously I wouldn't waste my Time & Energy arguing or Trying to Convince anyone on here
About any of My Lifting Achievements- They either Believe or Don't Believe It Makes Not
1 iota of Difference to Me or My Life.

I Suggest that you take the Same attitude- Be Happy & Content with your own Lifts
And if others don't wish to believe or acknowledge them so be it.
It won't affect you or your lifting.

Let it Go. 👍🏻

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #2335 on: September 19, 2022, 03:10:56 PM »

Matt - You're Missing my Point .
Seriously I wouldn't waste my Time & Energy arguing or Trying to Convince anyone on here
About any of My Lifting Achievements- They either Believe or Don't Believe It Makes Not
1 iota of Difference to Me or My Life.

I Suggest that you take the Same attitude- Be Happy & Content with your own Lifts
And if others don't wish to believe or acknowledge them so be it.
It won't affect you or your lifting.

Let it Go. 👍🏻

Bro…..

Matt Canning is PMing people and begging them not to criticize him on here.

Do you really think he can “just let it go?”

The clown will spend 18 hours a day arguing on a message board, while someone else is out there raising his fucking kids. He’s beyond pathetic and defective.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #2336 on: September 19, 2022, 03:13:39 PM »
Those back poses are hilarious. He thinks he's improved his back and added some back thickness. All he's done is added back fat and formed some roles which in certain lighting adds shadow which can look like definition.

He's also hitting the rear double bi different to what he did in the past and because he looks different in the pose he thinks he's developed acromegaly.

The bathroom pic set is also a joke.
He stretched out/changed the width some of his more recent to make himself look thicker/wider. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it might not have been intentional, but look at the width of the tiles in the background, they are not the same...

Flexacon dealing out some cold, hard truth.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2337 on: September 19, 2022, 03:14:43 PM »
We agree on this, for sure. 

He was one of the biggest hypocrites, assholes, and among the lowest of the worthless trolling palm-fuckers I've ever seen.  For a grown man, he had an astonishingly juvenile mentality and sense of humor.  How else could he rack up tens of thousands of posts with each of his many handles?

Pics or it didn't happen!, said the pig who took a blurry picture of himself in the reflection of a sliding glass door.
It revealed a spare tire around his gut and a sorry-looking arm with unremarkable size and nary a cut in sight.

Meltdown!, said the jester with no logical counters.

Bwahaha, monster triceps!, he'd say of anyone brave enough to actually post pics -- well, with a few exceptions.  He rode that ephebophile Abeles' dick pretty hard, which was ironic: Adam is a Jew, and Mirza spoke glowingly of the "great Heinrich Himmler."

You're right, Titus Pullo. As usual, you are right.

I just about didn't enter my first strength contest, because he was trashing a video of me bench pressing, because I didn't go all the way down. Honestly, I just didn't have a spotter, and was doing a 4-rep max, and didn't want to risk not getting the press.

But it would be one thing to politely ask me why I wasn't doing full reps, but it was more of the same thing that B. Hank did - by claiming I couldn't even get one rep.

Then I did a proper powerlifting contest under IPF rules, and I benched more than I did in the video.

Incidentally, I wasn't going to enter that contest because Squad had made me feel like I wasn't sufficiently strong - then I ended up placing 4th in my weight class!!!

You know how they talk about unrealistic media images? I think these sorts of negative comments make people question their own reality. That's why I try to use objective measures to determine where I'm at. For example - if you bench press 225, you are between the top 0.21% to 0.63% of the North American population.

As I bench press over 315, I am around the top 0.1% of strength. Yet comments like those of SquadFatter make me question if maybe that's not the case.

If you've ever met hot women who think they are fat or ugly - it's the same thing. These comments do have an effect on people.

Then SquadFatter got outed as being a fat fuck, and then ran off the board.  ::) I guess he wasn't so hot anymore once people saw what he looked like.

In any case, I agree that my reps were slightly off...but that's still a strong lift, and nothing I couldn't get with literally a full pause.

Imagine someone posting a video bench pressing 385 for 12 reps, and people weaker saying it was bounced.  ::) I mean, come on...

There's a way to say it, and a way not to, and my form is on par with any video on YouTube of the same lift. I don't consider it an issue at all.

I sort of wonder if the people anonymously trashing others are themselves in shape.

I admit, I was SHOCKED at how fat SquadFatter was! He was so fat and ugly, he ran off the board!

(Aside: I know your stance on the Holocaust.  If you want to debate that in an independent thread, we can; for now, let's just say we disagree there.  However, I think you'd probably agree that Herr Himmler was *not* a great man.  He was a failed chicken farmer who was behind the genocide of many innocent people; and when it came to him personally overseeing that genocide, he was too much of a coward to stomach it.

From Quota:  SS-Obergruppenfuhrer Karl Wolff relates to an Einsatzgruppen (Special Action) execution near Minsk in late 1941. Wolff’s narrative is as follows:

“And there an open grave had been dug. And they had jump into this and lie face down. And when a certain number had already been shot, they had lie on the people who had been shot. And Himmler had never seen dead people before, and in his curiosity he was leaning over this pit, a sort of triangular hole, and looking in. While he was looking in, Himmler had the deserved bad luck, from one or another of those that had been shot in the head, that he got a splash of brains on his coat. And I think it also splashed onto his face. And he became very green and pale, he wasn’t actually sick, but he was heaving and swaying and stumbled back from this pit. Then, I lead him away from the pit.”)

No disagreement about Himmler being disgusting looking.

But if we want to prevent another Holocaust, going on with a narrative that Germans - literally among the most tolerant people in the world - just up and decided to mass murder Jews for no reason, and it had nothing to do with international banks financially exploiting them with 71 years of crippling reparations...well...I guess we can go and pretend that.

But "Jews are perfect, Gentiles are evil" is not the correct story, and does nothing to determine what causes Jewish and Gentile conflict, or help prevent it again.

What I don't respect, and don't accept, is that we are allowed to even talk about it. That's bullshit! No historical topic should be off-limits.

But NOPE - we aren't allowed to even QUESTION the Holocaust. And that's EXACTLY why I will ALWAYS question.

No one is going to tell me what I can or cannot question. And I question why anyone would be so terrified or a dissenting view, if the alleged truth is sooooo obvious.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #2338 on: September 19, 2022, 03:34:02 PM »
You're right, Titus Pullo. As usual, you are right.

I just about didn't enter my first strength contest, because he was trashing a video of me bench pressing, because I didn't go all the way down. Honestly, I just didn't have a spotter, and was doing a 4-rep max, and didn't want to risk not getting the press.

But it would be one thing to politely ask me why I wasn't doing full reps, but it was more of the same thing that B. Hank did - by claiming I couldn't even get one rep.

Then I did a proper powerlifting contest under IPF rules, and I benched more than I did in the video.

Incidentally, I wasn't going to enter that contest because Squad had made me feel like I wasn't sufficiently strong - then I ended up placing 4th in my weight class!!!

You know how they talk about unrealistic media images? I think these sorts of negative comments make people question their own reality. That's why I try to use objective measures to determine where I'm at. For example - if you bench press 225, you are between the top 0.21% to 0.63% of the North American population.

As I bench press over 315, I am around the top 0.1% of strength. Yet comments like those of SquadFatter make me question if maybe that's not the case.

If you've ever met hot women who think they are fat or ugly - it's the same thing. These comments do have an effect on people.

Then SquadFatter got outed as being a fat fuck, and then ran off the board.  ::) I guess he wasn't so hot anymore once people saw what he looked like.

In any case, I agree that my reps were slightly off...but that's still a strong lift, and nothing I couldn't get with literally a full pause.

Imagine someone posting a video bench pressing 385 for 12 reps, and people weaker saying it was bounced.  ::) I mean, come on...

There's a way to say it, and a way not to, and my form is on par with any video on YouTube of the same lift. I don't consider it an issue at all.

I sort of wonder if the people anonymously trashing others are themselves in shape.

I admit, I was SHOCKED at how fat SquadFatter was! He was so fat and ugly, he ran off the board!

No disagreement about Himmler being disgusting looking.

But if we want to prevent another Holocaust, going on with a narrative that Germans - literally among the most tolerant people in the world - just up and decided to mass murder Jews for no reason, and it had nothing to do with international banks financially exploiting them with 71 years of crippling reparations...well...I guess we can go and pretend that.

But "Jews are perfect, Gentiles are evil" is not the correct story, and does nothing to determine what causes Jewish and Gentile conflict, or help prevent it again.

What I don't respect, and don't accept, is that we are allowed to even talk about it. That's bullshit! No historical topic should be off-limits.

But NOPE - we aren't allowed to even QUESTION the Holocaust. And that's EXACTLY why I will ALWAYS question.

No one is going to tell me what I can or cannot question. And I question why anyone would be so terrified or a dissenting view, if the alleged truth is sooooo obvious.

Dude,

Your form is shit and you look like a bag of fucking milk.

You can rationalize wtf you want.

“I’m the strongest in the gym”

You live in bum fuck no where.

Easy to be the strongest in the gym when there’s 3 members.

Go train in NYC, NJ any fucking where.

You would lock yourself up in the basement and hopefully hang yourself.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2339 on: September 19, 2022, 03:35:08 PM »
What a huge difference. Gee, it looks like they got me by 6.45cm. OH MY GOD!!!  ::)

At least I lock out each rep.

The one guy is not going low enough eddie is much lower than you but they get a better grade than you for keeping their hands straight and the dumbells horizontal to the ground that is dangerous you are an injury waiting to happen you will never progress doing that nonsense. I said it before and I will say it again you are not off a couple inches you are a FOOT TOO HIGH

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2340 on: September 19, 2022, 03:50:24 PM »

Dammit, I just want an honest assessment of my strength, dammit!  ;D

Regarding my back double biceps - it's my only good pose, and has always been my only good pose.

Not anymore - I've already deflated a bit since stopping the cycle.

Do you know Scott Herman, Grape?

He looked amazing from 2009 up until 2015 or so.  But then suddenly, he has declined. It just makes me wonder - can anyone look good naturally?

Speaking of which - I hesitate to be given training advice, because my training is fine. Not perfect- but fine. I mean, how can you be in the top 10% of results for people who train if my training is so awful?

I'm merely saying - my training is sufficient.

What I need is a diet.

I'm not quite ready to commit JUST yet [although possibly by October,  I will be], so out of curiosity,  do you have a diet template?

If so, I would take it, show it to a few friends who are into health and fitness, and give it a shot.

I think it's silly the way we fixate on training. I feel diet is more important. And even though I hate to eat...I do much prefer how I looked this summer.

I'm willing to ramp up my calories and follow a proper diet, to see what results that brings me.

So if you happen to have a good BB diet, I'd be grateful to check that out.

Thanks Grape.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2341 on: September 19, 2022, 03:57:18 PM »
1, Dammit, I just want an honest assessment of my strength, dammit!  ;D

2, so out of curiosity,  do you have a diet template?

1, Your Strength level is okay - Better Than average 👍🏻

2, Eat Less - Move More - Either of those 2 or Better Both Together. 👍🏻

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2342 on: September 19, 2022, 04:20:26 PM »
Walter Sobchak is far from a weakling.....not too long ago Jane sent me a video of her doing repetition squats with 225 and Sobchack was front squatting 315 for reps so I know he`s a legit lifter.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2343 on: September 19, 2022, 04:30:23 PM »
I can`t believe I read this bullshit thread........ of course I skipped most of Matts regurhgitated repetitive bullshit.

I`m ready to gouge out my fucking eyes with a spoon................GEE ZUS.

I have outsquatted and outbenched both of these cats at an older age.....no brag,just fact.

Haven`t benched in years choosing to concentrate on building ,more upper pecs like most intelligent bodybuilders do after building sufficient chest mass over time....still after not benching for more than 8 years at the time I won first place in a bodyweight for reps contests getting over 20 perfect reps in Rochester NY.....got the trophy to proved it.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2344 on: September 19, 2022, 04:36:40 PM »
I'd actually reckon the BB is safer; having to kick the dumbbells into the starting position is easily the most dangerous part of that lift.

That said, the DB press might be a bit better for hypertrophy purposes, though I think the difference is inconsequential.  Moreover:

*You have plenty of front delt development.  Your shoulders in general are your strength.  As long as you're doing chest presses, I'd refocus delts to face pulls, side and rear laterals.

*This goes a way back, but I called both your chest and shoulder presses "sloppy."

Yeah, I've seen far worse :), but your defensive reaction, complete with all those videos of how other chaps perform the exercise, leads me to think I struck a nerve.  No, you don't need to go a full foot lower...but my man, that bending wrist tilt IS robbing you of optimal gains, strength-based and otherwise.  If you can pull 500+, you can hold your wrists straight and lower the weight 4-6" more.

*Slightly off-topic, but please, indulge me: what does your current pec and back workouts look like? 

You're given to details and long posts :)  Don't stop now that I ask you such things, LOL.  I wanna give you another shot.  I bet you'll ignore my advice, but maybe not?

Slight correction: I can pull 500 *with straps*.

Not sure about at this exact moment- probably 450x3. But generally, my full strength comes back fast when I train exclusively for strength.

That being said, the straps help. Although chalk helps too, I know I can pull 405 without chalk or straps [or a belt for that matter], though I'm not sure where exactly I would land.

My wrists/hands are pretty weak, I think. I should say - they are just not in proportion to my overall strength.

Regarding my pressing form - Titus, there is NOTHING wrong with your comment.  There is a nice way to say something, and a rude way. And for the COUNTLESS times I have come to B. Hank's defense and complimented his physique,  I am FLABBERGASTED he would be such an asshole about it.

B. Hank and I both get trashed on here. But I make it a point to speak to everyone respectfully, and by and large, I am polite and respectful to people.

I have always made it a point to say that B. Hank has one of the best physiques on Getbig, and complimented him numerous times. And had he commented on my reps like you did - no problem.  But to talk about a range of motion short by maybe 6.45cm, and say it's a foot too high, and to say I can't handle 100-lb dumbbells for one rep - that's utter bullshit.

Your post - which essentially says the same thing- is fine.

My reps are a bit off. I'm still pleased with the lift - heck, I've only ever pressed more than that maybe 2-3 times in my life. So I'm pretty happy about it. But I will grant - I'm a few inches shy of a FULL rep.

Even if I did do that, B. Hank would accuse me or bouncing my reps.

I'm fully receptive to constructive criticism, but nitpicking on little form flaws on what is by any standard, a strong lift, is another matter.

But ok, fine - maybe I would only get 5 reps with the 100's, rather than 8-10, if I used full textbook form.

Lastly, Titus- if you have a proper bodybuilding diet for me, I'm all ears. I just wanted to cheat my gains this summer. But now I have all Fall and Winter to follow a proper natural bodybuilding protocol.

So if you have a bodybuilding diet to recommend for me, I'd love to hear it.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2345 on: September 19, 2022, 04:53:03 PM »
Walter Sobchak is far from a weakling.....not too long ago Jane sent me a video of her doing repetition squats with 225 and Sobchack was front squatting 315 for reps so I know he`s a legit lifter.

Until I see proof of any of this, I don't believe it - but:

[1] I trust you. I know who you are, wes. I know what you're capable of, and I would never step out of line. You can ask anyone on the board who knows me.

[2] Those lifts are strong, but believable. Nothing that would merit Walter's level of trash talking though, but...strong and believable to be sure.

I'd like to see his max 8-10" pin squat. My max ever was 700, and it was a dizzying lift.  I'd be shocked if he got over 800]. Heck, a former #2 Ontario's Sterongest Man [friend of mine] got 675 for 6.

But no disrespect here - a 315 front squat for reps is excellent.

If he's lifting 50-lb more than me on every lift while out-weighing me by 70-90 pounds, I don't know why he's bragging.  I find even 20-lb of body weight makes a massive difference in strength.

I'm not feeling great today [since ending the cycle, I've fallen back into my old 1,100 calories per day habit], but I'll try to do those sets again today, and clean up the form.

I fucking HATE to eat.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2346 on: September 19, 2022, 04:58:37 PM »
I have outsquatted and outbenched both of these cats at an older age.....no brag,just fact.

Incredible lifts, wes. You're one of the board members who has paid his dues and proven credible enough not need evidence to back up any claims.

Awesome, wes. Just awesome.

You've also made me realize that you can get stronger at age 40 and beyond.

But how did you manage to avoid injury? I'm glad that thanks to you, I have more confidence in maintaining or even increasing my strength with age - but is it not safe to say that injuries are easier to succumb to as you get older.

I have been warming up a bit more, and opting for 2-6 rep maxes, rather than singles.

Do you have any advice on that?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #2347 on: September 19, 2022, 05:26:12 PM »
At this point I will settle for a video of 25 clean reps with 60-lb DBs.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2348 on: September 19, 2022, 05:29:12 PM »
Incredible lifts, wes. You're one of the board members who has paid his dues and proven credible enough not need evidence to back up any claims.

Awesome, wes. Just awesome.

You've also made me realize that you can get stronger at age 40 and beyond.

But how did you manage to avoid injury? I'm glad that thanks to you, I have more confidence in maintaining or even increasing my strength with age - but is it not safe to say that injuries are easier to succumb to as you get older.

I have been warming up a bit more, and opting for 2-6 rep maxes, rather than singles.

Do you have any advice on that?
I avoid injury,especially at my age these days by doing the exercise I`m going to perform first for approximately 50 or so slow full range reps.

On legs I do a few sets of freehand squats,ans some ham stretching then just add weight pyramid style usually dropping down to a mid range poundage for as many as i can get on the last set.

Important point......always us a full range of motion and always get a good stretch and also a good contraction.

I know you train strongman and you are one strong dude but you will eventually get hurt {I sincerely hope not} because your form is shit.....link the mind to the muscle being trained and lower poundages there are lots of tactics to make a lighter weight feel heavy as fuck.....INTENSITY TECHNIQUES LIKE DROP-SETS,Super-Sets,etc. etc. AND SHORT REST PERIODS BEING THE BEST OF THE TWO IMO.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2349 on: September 19, 2022, 05:34:42 PM »
At this point I will settle for a video of 25 clean reps with 60-lb DBs.
I would honestly like to see 75 presses full ROM with the 25 pound dumbells....that wouldn`t be easy unless you trained like a girl with very high reps all the time.....the lactic acid build up alone would stop him.