Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 149174 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #1550 on: August 24, 2022, 04:51:07 AM »
While neither will be easy lifts, if I deadlift 405x20 and bench press 225x30, would that be sufficient for everyone else to ignore Walter Sobchak's claims about my strength going forward?
why waste your time proving these people , like time wasonlycock they sit at that pc all day just like you wasting time using typing muscles for no good reason
A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1551 on: August 24, 2022, 05:17:21 AM »
why waste your time proving these people , like time wasonlycock they sit at that pc all day just like you wasting time using typing muscles for no good reason
And you`re having a hell of a time straining what`s left of your brain muscle just attempting to complete a fucking sentence.......you fat fucking hillbilly bitch !  :D

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #1552 on: August 24, 2022, 05:20:49 AM »

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1553 on: August 24, 2022, 07:57:12 AM »
I suppose because early on, I probably avoided strength contests because according to some Getbiggers, my strength was nowhere close enough to perform.

Boy, was I ever shocked when I found out I was competitive in my weight class. So...Getbig bullshit definitely got to my head as a younger man, and I resent that such delusional comments still proliferate around here.

I warm up with Walter Sobchak's workout.

I also remember the trashing of Layne Norton on here. By the time he deadlifted 700, people universally shut the fuck up.

I just want to post some lifts where this board just universally shuts the fuck up about me.

If I deadlift 405x20, it would be to hard for ANYONE to deny my strength.

Keep in mind that about a decade or so ago, Derek Poundstone deadlifted 405x26 in one of Dave Palumbo's "Bros vs. Pros" contests. He was 2nd in the world around the same time.

I just want to post videos that make anyone trashing my strength look like absolute dumb fucks.

That said, anyone who trashes my previous lifts as they currently stand is a bit of a moron.

Example:

Matt - You're coming across as highly insecure about yourself & your strength level .

The Only Person you Need to Impress / convince is Yourself.
IF you have to / Want to prove any thing to Anonymous individuals
on Getbig - Then Keep Quiet & enter a Strongman / Powerlifting Competition
where there are Rules & judges & once you've competed Then Post up The Videos of you lifting .

That's Exactly what Tommy W Did & He's Impressed everyone.
Stop Trying to Brag all the Time. Just go do it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1554 on: August 24, 2022, 12:24:57 PM »

Matt - You're coming across as highly insecure about yourself & your strength level .

The Only Person you Need to Impress / convince is Yourself.
IF you have to / Want to prove any thing to Anonymous individuals
on Getbig - Then Keep Quiet & enter a Strongman / Powerlifting Competition
where there are Rules & judges & once you've competed Then Post up The Videos of you lifting .

That's Exactly what Tommy W Did & He's Impressed everyone.
Stop Trying to Brag all the Time. Just go do it.
Great and very sound advice.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1555 on: August 24, 2022, 01:02:09 PM »
The moonlight was magnificent last night.

Anyway, it's time for me to wind down this cycle. I've been around 15mg Anadrol daily for 10 weeks.

Any suggestions on making the move back to twig city?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #1556 on: August 24, 2022, 01:08:53 PM »
The moonlight was magnificent last night.

Anyway, it's time for me to wind down this cycle. I've been around 15mg Anadrol daily for 10 weeks.

Any suggestions on making the move back to twig city?

Just keep doing what you are doing and be aware of any emotional triggers.

Everyone is different when they come off gear.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1557 on: August 24, 2022, 01:20:45 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1558 on: August 24, 2022, 01:45:33 PM »
Yeah, lol...

I don't know...

She's hot enough that it could be worthwhile, but I see a big potential for things to go wrong.

I don't get how people have long-term relationships.  Wouldn't proximity alone just get on people's nerves? Even assuming good behaviour, I see problems happening. But hey, I do enjoy being alone.

This informs that you are a confirmed bachelor. Chances are you do not have a long-term relationship in your future. 

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1559 on: August 24, 2022, 02:54:28 PM »

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1560 on: August 24, 2022, 03:02:01 PM »
I seem to have a bit of data from a few years ago for this.  Roughly around the same time I did 240kg (528lb) for 4, I pulled 192.5kg (423lb) for 15 (not in the same workout, I was fresh). 

And I have to laugh at your comment about your form for deadlift.  I've never, ever seen a deadlift that I've done that looked anything short of horrific.  Yours look fine to me.

Not sure if this will work for you but I too am 40 (actually 41) and I've recently been only deadlifting / squatting once every week and a half (offset from each other).  So far, this has allowed me to push the envelope with both lifts.

Interesting...

Maybe 405 for 11-12-13 will be harder than I thought. And without any body weight behind me, I should be happy with that.

I'd be content with a 405x12 deadlift video. I have a 410x9 on video, and I'd like to record all of my max lifts while I can still get them.

Strength is the last thing to leave an athlete. And more than one Getbigger has claimed to have gotten even stronger while into their fifties, which I find impressive.

Thanks for complimenting my deadlift form. It was much worse before. But I do get relatively little hamstrings activation when I do it. So that may be a way to up my deadlift by 50-lb if I can do that.

But I'm Strongman, all that matters is the lockout, which is why I'm never had the incentive to refine my form.

That's cool that you bench pressed 165-lb dumbbells, and cool that we are the same age, lol.

I find it strange that people make fun of wes' age, when the average Getbigger age is 65.  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1561 on: August 24, 2022, 03:22:56 PM »
I`m in my prime.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1562 on: August 24, 2022, 03:36:53 PM »
I`m in my prime.

Close enough!!

I'm glad to know that, since I'd like to hit a few personal records into my forties. A 550 deadlift would be fantastic.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1563 on: August 24, 2022, 06:00:20 PM »
Hey guys - I'm not sure how healthy it is carrying around 30-lb of extra body weight - or potentially 50-lb, if I go to 220 - but I much prefer this look to how I used to look, while holding back in the name of health.

Is there any way I can incorporate steroids into my life moving forward that won't significantly compromise my health? Or should I just cancel such plans immediately?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #1564 on: August 24, 2022, 06:02:37 PM »
Hey guys - I'm not sure how healthy it is carrying around 30-lb of extra body weight - or potentially 50-lb, if I go to 220 - but I much prefer this look to how I used to look, while holding back in the name of health.

Is there any way I can incorporate steroids into my life moving forward that won't significantly compromise my health? Or should I just cancel such plans immediately?

No.

Dorian Yates says it is a bad idea, especially when you are older.

If you are young and competing is the only time he thinks it is worthwhile, and even then be smart about it.

TRT is ok if you have a real need for it.  Few men do.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1565 on: August 24, 2022, 06:03:56 PM »
No.

Damn shame.

Ah well - 185-lb natural is an ok look for me. I was being too cautious staying at 170. I'll bring my body weight up to 185.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #1566 on: August 24, 2022, 06:12:23 PM »
No.

Dorian Yates says it is a bad idea, especially when you are older.

If you are young and competing is the only time he thinks it is worthwhile, and even then be smart about it.

TRT is ok if you have a real need for it.  Few men do.

Im not arguing that blasting a ton of gear isnt a great idea especially st an older age.

But Dorian Yates also thinks the Twin Towers were a hologram and the entire 9/11 event was fake.

On another note

Matt, you're looking big and strong but that moonlight pic makes it look like you're growing bitch tits. Is that just a matter of lighting or are there problems brewing?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1567 on: August 24, 2022, 06:25:54 PM »
Im not arguing that blasting a ton of gear isnt a great idea especially st an older age.

But Dorian Yates also thinks the Twin Towers were a hologram and the entire 9/11 event was fake.

On another note

Matt, you're looking big and strong but that moonlight pic makes it look like you're growing bitch tits. Is that just a matter of lighting or are there problems brewing?

That's a good question.

There is no lump there. Whatever is there has been there for over five years.

See the shirtless 170-lb video here:

t

What do you think? Is that gyno?

My friend with gyno says it is just fat and water.

Discuss this please.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1568 on: August 24, 2022, 07:27:26 PM »
Yeah, lol...

I don't know...

She's hot enough that it could be worthwhile, but I see a big potential for things to go wrong.

I don't get how people have long-term relationships.  Wouldn't proximity alone just get on people's nerves? Even assuming good behaviour, I see problems happening. But hey, I do enjoy being alone.

You are in the minority here, but I'm there with you (no homo)

There are women out there who share this trait or are just willing to comprise. Ideally you want to live close by, maybe neighbours and maybe just spend a few hours a day together. That's how I tend to do it and it worked pretty well.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #1569 on: August 24, 2022, 07:34:14 PM »
Bro ………..

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #1570 on: August 24, 2022, 09:02:39 PM »
you fellas understand that matts jew hate is just a red herring right?

His profile totally outs him, look at that nose? do you think anyone who sees him thinks he isnt hasidic?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #1571 on: August 24, 2022, 09:14:30 PM »
Bro ………..

TITTIES!

T-I-T-T-I-E-S !!!!!

The weak little manlet is lactating. 😂

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1572 on: August 25, 2022, 03:22:33 AM »
GRAPE APE: if you are reading this, I can use your immediate assistance and expertise with respect to chest training.

At my strongest, I did a single with 345, and could do 25 reps with 225.  My chest still looked like garbage. Unfortunately, I have very poor chest genetics - do you know how wes has that "shelf" look to his chest? I think he also has natural pec lines, which make his chest look big at any level of mass. Mark Wahlberg has great pec lines, and his chest looks impressive even at literally 138-lb, as he was in Boogie Nights!

Classic Getbigger Bast also has a chest that basically goes into his armpits. My chest has none of these genetic advantages. The photo of me below is from 2007, and I was bench pressing roughly 325 at that time, with a chest that inferior! Meanwhile, look at wes' superior chest.

My question for you, Grape Ape: should I even bother improving my chest in any serious way this late in the game, or should I dedicate such massive efforts to areas that I actually see results?

I would still be training chest hard, but in terms of trying to bring my chest up, with my poor genetics, is the juice worth the squeeze?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1573 on: August 25, 2022, 03:55:04 AM »

Basically because Tim's chest is unbelievable. It's similar to Mark Wahlberg's chest in that it has that "shelf" look to it.

That being said, perhaps Tim's genetics would bestow him a good looking chest even if he didn't train it at all.

After all, Mark Wahlberg was essentially starving himself for Boogie Nights, and he still had a better chest shape than I had while benching 345. My heaviest weight this cycle was 208 - a full 70-lb heavier than Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights - yet Mark had a better chest than me while he was weighing 138.

So maybe it's genetic with people with Tim, Mark Wahlberg, Bast, etc, so perhaps I shouldn't be asking them for advice for that reason.

Unbelievable "shelf" look to the pecs. Incredible:

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1574 on: August 25, 2022, 04:20:33 AM »
Just keep doing what you are doing and be aware of any emotional triggers.

Everyone is different when they come off gear.

Thank you, good sir.

I feel like I'm on so little that it shouldn't matter much.

One local competitor who has been advising me has said PCT is unnecessary - not just for my current mini-cycle, but in general. He said I can recover on my own, and that I would just be adding more chemicals to my body for no good reason. Do you have a view on PCT?

I did take a full 10 days off in July, and I didn't notice any mental effects. As Anadrol can definitely be felt in 10 days, is if safe to say that any adverse post-cycle effects could also be felt by that time?

I may be drinking Fireball whiskey tonight. I've already taken three days off Anadrol, which is an extra day more than I usually go, but I'm thinking taking a 25mg Anadrol + four shots of whiskey may be unnecessarily risky.

Am I worrying over nothing, or would taking another day off from Anadrol be wise, just to avoid the hepatotoxic effects of combining methylated steroids with alcohol?