Author Topic: Frank McGrath - Dialysis.  (Read 11160 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Frank McGrath - Dialysis.
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2022, 04:11:43 AM »
Bodybuilding is not a crime if properly done it is a very healthy activity. All you guys do is bitch about how bad bodybuilding is and why would anyone want to look like that year round if not competing and how they should just quit bodybuilding because it is so dangerous. Why are you guys even here following bodybuilding then?? You are all a bunch of fucking pussies.

Many of us on this board were involved in bodybuilding when the side effects of steroids were not fully known or overly exaggerated in terms of false information. Side effects warned of were liver, testicle atrophy, and hair loss, etc. They only became illegal around 1990. Majority ventured down the road and competed and now are facing the repercussions that steroids have side effects. 

Now in the last three years we are seeing the effects play out. Unfortunate. There is use and misuse and since decades went by with everyone looking the other way the impacts are just more vocal.

Bodybuilding is healthy and great for individual discipline to achieve goals. Sadly it’s been overrun by a generation of people jumping on gear after a week of training in the gym, Instagram, and wearing hats sideways with air Jordans.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2022, 05:06:32 AM »
Many of us on this board were involved in bodybuilding when the side effects of steroids were not fully known or overly exaggerated in terms of false information. Side effects warned of were liver, testicle atrophy, and hair loss, etc. They only became illegal around 1990. Majority ventured down the road and competed and now are facing the repercussions that steroids have side effects. 

Now in the last three years we are seeing the effects play out. Unfortunate. There is use and misuse and since decades went by with everyone looking the other way the impacts are just more vocal.

Bodybuilding is healthy and great for individual discipline to achieve goals. Sadly it’s been overrun by a generation of people jumping on gear after a week of training in the gym, Instagram, and wearing hats sideways with air Jordans.
Well put brother !!

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2022, 05:30:09 AM »
Bodybuilding is not a crime if properly done it is a very healthy activity. All you guys do is bitch about how bad bodybuilding is and why would anyone want to look like that year round if not competing and how they should just quit bodybuilding because it is so dangerous. Why are you guys even here following bodybuilding then?? You are all a bunch of fucking pussies.

I think everyone here would like to be jacked as fuck year around. But whether it's a good idea or not is another question. Like Moontrane said "there's use and misuse."

Would it have hurt McGrath to come off for 3 or 4 or even 6 months a year? Nope. Would it have prevented his current medical issues? Maybe. Was it a good idea to double down on the gas and painkillers/ recreational drugs? Fuck no.

Your defensiveness leads me to believe you see these stories like Frank's and see the red flags and it hits a little too close to home. You lashing out calling everybody a bunch of pussies sounds like you're living in denial.

Frank seemed like a cool guy. Shit, Id rather be built like him than 99% of the other pro bodybuilders: wide shoulders, massive arms and tiny waist. He wasn't a mass monster so id assume his dosages were more moderate than the guys who are 250, 260, 270 lbs or more. But it doesn't work like that. Some can tolerate it better than others. So this should be a warning to you: you're taking a gamble. Life is full of risks so you can just roll the dice. It's probably wiser to play tge odds though and eat clean, stay away from rec drugs and alcohol, cycle off every 3 or 4 months and keep protein closer to .8 grams per pound.

Frank had a sick build now he's just sick. Come to think of it you're sick quite often too. Never underestimate the power of denial Bhank.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2022, 05:35:20 AM »
I think everyone here would like to be jacked as fuck year around. But whether it's a good idea or not is another question. Like Moontrane said "there's use and misuse."

Would it have hurt McGrath to come off for 3 or 4 or even 6 months a year? Nope. Would it have prevented his current medical issues? Maybe. Was it a good idea to double down on the gas and painkillers/ recreational drugs? Fuck no.

Your defensiveness leads me to believe you see these stories like Frank's and see tge red flags hit a little too close to home. You lashing out calling everybody a bunch of pussies sounds like you're living in denial.

Frank seemed like a cool guy. Shit Id rather be built like him than 99% of the other pro bodybuilders: wide shoulders, massive arms and tiny waist. He wasn't a mass monster so id assume his dosages were more moderate than the guys who are 250, 260, 270 lbs or more. But it doesn't work like tgat. Some can tolerate it better than others. So this should be a warning to you: you're taking a gamble. Life is full of risks so just roll the dice.

Frank had a sick build now he's just sick. Come to think of it you're sick quite often too. Never underestimate the power of denial Bhank.

Brutal psychoanalysis

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2022, 02:02:20 PM »
Sometimes you get the elevator sometimes you get the shaft. Sorry Frankie!!!
T

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2022, 02:09:28 PM »
Sometimes you get the elevator sometimes you get the shaft. Sorry Frankie!!!
:D

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2022, 02:28:20 PM »

Your defensiveness leads me to believe you see these stories like Frank's and see the red flags and it hits a little too close to home. You lashing out calling everybody a bunch of pussies sounds like you're living in denial.

Frank seemed like a cool guy. Shit, Id rather be built like him than 99% of the other pro bodybuilders: wide shoulders, massive arms and tiny waist. He wasn't a mass monster so id assume his dosages were more moderate than the guys who are 250, 260, 270 lbs or more. But it doesn't work like that. Some can tolerate it better than others. So this should be a warning to you: you're taking a gamble. Life is full of risks so you can just roll the dice. It's probably wiser to play tge odds though and eat clean, stay away from rec drugs and alcohol, cycle off every 3 or 4 months and keep protein closer to .8 grams per pound.

Of course he's in denial.  Dude says how good he feels meanwhile has a resting heart rate of 120. Nothing to see here, just ignore it. Everyone feels greats all jacked up on gear. I remember feeling like a could actually break through walls. They all feel great until suddenly they don't. Bhank can call me a pussy all he wants. I'll always work out. I don't feel the need to be any certain size anymore. Athletic is fine for me

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2022, 02:37:23 PM »

Hat sideways and air Jordan’s, sounds like a bunch of wiggers and stupid Hebrews

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2022, 02:39:55 PM »
Of course he's in denial.  Dude says how good he feels meanwhile has a resting heart rate of 120. Nothing to see here, just ignore it. Everyone feels greats all jacked up on gear. I remember feeling like a could actually break through walls. They all feel great until suddenly they don't. Bhank can call me a pussy all he wants. I'll always work out. I don't feel the need to be any certain size anymore. Athletic is fine for me

Even if Bhanky doesn’t have the genetics and physique of an amateur bber or even a local gym Rat at 24 hour fitness, at least he’s got the mindset, he’s in denial, 500 mg a wk of test is trt, body all beaten up, but keeps on pushing

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2022, 02:48:33 PM »
There were doctors that supervised cycles then.

Nonsense. 

The difference is they did not stay on 365 days a year.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2022, 02:49:26 PM »
Even if Bhanky doesn’t have the genetics and physique of an amateur bber or even a local gym Rat at 24 hour fitness, at least he’s got the mindset, he’s in denial, 500 mg a wk of test is trt, body all beaten up, but keeps on pushing
Yup keep pushing! Warriors don't quit!! Except it's a war on his internal organs not against the iron like he thinks. You have actual members of the forum with their own experiences of health issues from trt. Real trt, not 500mgs. Nobody thinks anything is going to happen to them until it does

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2022, 02:53:05 PM »

McGrath is you in the near future, Bhanky.

We'll miss you when you're gone we surely will.

Please promise to continue posting picks as you circle the drain.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2022, 02:53:38 PM »
Nonsense. 

The difference is they did not stay on 365 days a year.

Many of them did though.

Just because Arnold and a handful of other successful guys came off for a few months doesn't mean they all did.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2022, 02:55:15 PM »
Many of them did though.

Just because Arnold and a handful of other successful guys came off for a few months doesn't mean they all did.

Many have severe health problems too.

The bodies are all around us.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2022, 02:55:50 PM »

Good posts.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2022, 03:01:26 PM »
Many have severe health problems too.

The bodies are all around us.

I agree with your point, but there is so much more to it than that.

People die young all the time. And people have health problems in their 30-40's very regularly.

And there are guys who used massive amounts of gear who are still alive at an old age. Just like there are people who smoke, drink and use drugs for 50-60 years and live to be 80.

There is a balance that can be achieved and i believe 100% that if you are monitored by a qualified Doctor that your life span changes greatly.

Steroids absolutely are dangerous, but the guys we see dying young are abusing a lot more than steroids.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2022, 03:04:12 PM »
I agree with your point, but there is so much more to it than that.

People die young all the time. And people have health problems in their 30-40's very regularly.

And there are guys who used massive amounts of gear who are still alive at an old age. Just like there are people who smoke, drink and use drugs for 50-60 years and live to be 80.

There is a balance that can be achieved and i believe 100% that if you are monitored by a qualified Doctor that your life span changes greatly.

Steroids absolutely are dangerous, but the guys we see dying young are abusing a lot more than steroids.

All excellent points.

Messing with your endocrine system is not a good idea at any time though.

The number 1 cause of cancer in the world is cigarette smoking.  Do some live to 90 smoking 2 packs a day?  Yes.  Is it wise?  No.

When the doctors are carving you up to remove the cancer you will wish you never smoked.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2022, 04:37:09 PM »
All excellent points.

Messing with your endocrine system is not a good idea at any time though.

The number 1 cause of cancer in the world is cigarette smoking.  Do some live to 90 smoking 2 packs a day?  Yes.  Is it wise?  No.

When the doctors are carving you up to remove the cancer you will wish you never smoked.

And people who never smoked die of lung cancer too.

It's hard to have absolutes in life.

My best friend in High School died of a heart attack at 20 years old, zero reasons, just a weird phenomenon.

After seeing an Endo for over 12 years, it's surprising how many people who have never used hormones have serious hormonal issues. My mother has been on about 6 different medications for hormonal problems since she was 55. Lived her entire life as healthy as possible.

He's told me a dozen times that my medical profile is better than 99% of his regular patients and i've been using AAS off and on for 20 years.

Both of us could drop dead tomorrow, there is no clear answer.

But yes, i do absolutely agree that being reckless with your health is never a good thing.

People can choose what they want in life. My grandmother had dementia at 70 years old and lived to be 96. She didn't even remember who her family was. My grandfather drank 3 pots of coffee per day, a half-liter of Jim Beam and 2-3 packs of smokes. Lived to be 96 as well and never lost his wits.

There are no absolutes in life.

The issue with these BBer dudes, is they know they need to stop and they won't. They are living in denial. Once you have medical problems you need to resolve them, no questions asked. They all think they are Superman. This is a mental illness problem, not a steroid problem.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2022, 04:43:22 PM »
And people who never smoked die of lung cancer too.

It's hard to have absolutes in life.

My best friend in High School died of a heart attack at 20 years old, zero reasons, just a weird phenomenon.

After seeing an Endo for over 12 years, it's surprising how many people who have never used hormones have serious hormonal issues. My mother has been on about 6 different medications for hormonal problems since she was 55. Lived her entire life as healthy as possible.

He's told me a dozen times that my medical profile is better than 99% of his regular patients and i've been using AAS off and on for 20 years.

Both of us could drop dead tomorrow, there is no clear answer.

But yes, i do absolutely agree that being reckless with your health is never a good thing.

People can choose what they want in life. My grandmother had dementia at 70 years old and lived to be 96. She didn't even remember who her family was. My grandfather drank 3 pots of coffee per day, a liter of Jim Beam and 2-3 packs of smokes. Lived to be 96 as well and never lost his wits.

There are no absolutes in life.

The issue with these BBer dudes, is they know they need to stop and they won't. They are living in denial. Once you have medical problems you need to resolve them, no questions asked. They all think they are Superman. This is a mental illness problem, not a steroid problem.

I cannot dispute anything you said.

Bigorexia is what it is.  A mental addiction for sure.

Everybody has a neuroses of some sort.  Some deal with their neuroses with drugs, alcohol, behaviors, etc.

Regarding your Endo, I'd not feel too good about what he said.  His patients don't see him because they are healthy, so you being better than most of his sick patients is faint praise.

If I see an oncologist and he tells me my cancer is much better than most of his other patients I'd not feel good.

Not trying to lay a guilt trip on you but just the fact you need to see an endo for your drug use is not right thinking.  It's smart you try to mitigate the risk though.  But why even take the risk?

Risk vs.reward.  What is the reward?  To look swole?  Money?  Compliments?  Women?

We're all young and dumb once but then we grow up (except Bhanky).

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2022, 05:03:51 PM »
I cannot dispute anything you said.

Bigorexia is what it is.  A mental addiction for sure.

Everybody has a neuroses of some sort.  Some deal with their neuroses with drugs, alcohol, behaviors, etc.

Regarding your Endo, I'd not feel too good about what he said.  His patients don't see him because they are healthy, so you being better than most of his sick patients is faint praise.

If I see an oncologist and he tells me my cancer is much better than most of his other patients I'd not feel good.

Not trying to lay a guilt trip on you but just the fact you need to see an endo for your drug use is not right thinking.  It's smart you try to mitigate the risk though.  But why even take the risk?

Agree 100%.

I believe steroids add to the mental problem, makes it worse. The first time i used Tren i felt unstoppable, like a God. These drugs do change the way you feel and mess up your mental state in large doses. That's why i regret playing the size game and using large amounts of them for years. But the last 6-7 years i just use a moderate dose. I think it's time to relax on that, as there is no reason for me to use them anymore.

True statement about seeing an endo, but the clients he sees are mainly guys like me who want to track their health, obviously comparing me to someone with a real illness is not a true relation, so you are valid on that statement.

My Endo is a friend i've known for 15 years and i actually served as a study for him. To see the impacts AAS have on a man's body. He was surprised by the results too, because for the beginning of his career he felt AAS were very destructive and they are, but there is a balance.

I've taken a lot of dumb risks in my life and if i could do it all again i probably would never use AAS, but at the same time i'm an example of what is possible if you evaluate the risks. But things may turn much worse as i get older, who knows.

I believe in moderation they are fine, but BBing is not about moderation and i do believe using AAS increases the mental problems with most of these guys. They don't want to be normal, they want to be monsters, at some point they need to wake up, but unfortunately a lot of them don't.

I've seen my Endo just to try and understand what is happening, the same way i get a full physical and health screen for cancer and other illnesses. But overall you are correct, it's not a risk many people should take and i don't group everyone into one basket. Genetics and stupid luck play a lot into our health.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2022, 06:37:08 PM »
Agree 100%.

I believe steroids add to the mental problem, makes it worse. The first time i used Tren i felt unstoppable, like a God. These drugs do change the way you feel and mess up your mental state in large doses. That's why i regret playing the size game and using large amounts of them for years. But the last 6-7 years i just use a moderate dose. I think it's time to relax on that, as there is no reason for me to use them anymore.

True statement about seeing an endo, but the clients he sees are mainly guys like me who want to track their health, obviously comparing me to someone with a real illness is not a true relation, so you are valid on that statement.

My Endo is a friend i've known for 15 years and i actually served as a study for him. To see the impacts AAS have on a man's body. He was surprised by the results too, because for the beginning of his career he felt AAS were very destructive and they are, but there is a balance.

I've taken a lot of dumb risks in my life and if i could do it all again i probably would never use AAS, but at the same time i'm an example of what is possible if you evaluate the risks. But things may turn much worse as i get older, who knows.

I believe in moderation they are fine, but BBing is not about moderation and i do believe using AAS increases the mental problems with most of these guys. They don't want to be normal, they want to be monsters, at some point they need to wake up, but unfortunately a lot of them don't.

I've seen my Endo just to try and understand what is happening, the same way i get a full physical and health screen for cancer and other illnesses. But overall you are correct, it's not a risk many people should take and i don't group everyone into one basket. Genetics and stupid luck play a lot into our health.

Did you feel superior only on tren? Was it placebo?

I only used test, and I didn't feel any different even at 1000mg/week. I mean I didn't feel negatively affected but neither positively....no superior feeling, nothing. And the physical effect wasn't overwhelming either. A tad bigger shoulders, a slightly slimer waist. And it was legit test, bought here at the pharmacy.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2022, 04:15:11 PM »
Goes easy on him. He’s on denialysis

Bruh - if you made that up, then

Edit:  Oh, and triplets right here..?
T

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2022, 04:20:13 PM »
Hey fucknut....the guy is 44 and on dialysis......that sound healthy to you ???

He was born with one kidney he would be on dialysis by now anyway if he never lifted a damn weight

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2022, 05:06:48 PM »
He was born with one kidney he would be on dialysis by now anyway if he never lifted a damn weight
Oh would he now Nostradamus.....get real....the fact is he did lift weights and lived on boatloads of gear for decades.

Plenty of regular people survive their entire lives with only one functioning kidney................Mi ke Mensa.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2022, 06:30:13 PM »
Bruh - if you made that up, then

Edit:  Oh, and triplets right here..?

Taffin, since you're here:

Can you please Photoshop one or both of these photos so that I'm even skinnier in the first picture, and even bigger in the second: