Author Topic: Arnold should have won 1968 Mr Universe  (Read 8513 times)

2000 MAN

• Getbig II
  • Arnold Numero Uno
Re: Arnold should have won 1968 Mr Universe
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2022, 01:54:21 PM »
no you cant, I look bigger and stronger than a lot of guys at our gym but most of them lift way more than I do.
Of course you do. Just ask you. ::)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2022, 01:58:53 PM »
Of course you do. Just ask you. ::)

Fucks sake you daft twat, cant you estimate your size against someone else?
There is a guy at our gym around 5'6 and can squat three plates a side , he weights around 175

Im am 5'10 and 205 at the moment in contest shape, hes much stronger than me but I dwarf him

2000 MAN

• Getbig II
  • Arnold Numero Uno
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2022, 02:04:14 PM »
Fucks sake you daft twat, cant you estimate your size against someone else?
There is a guy at our gym around 5'6 and can squat three plates a side , he weights around 175

Im am 5'10 and 205 at the moment in contest shape, hes much stronger than me but I dwarf him
3 plates per side? That's strong to you? Sorry but you're assessment of the entire situation is suspect. Thank you though.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2022, 02:04:55 PM »

If this isn't "in shape" then I don't ever want to be "in shape".

In the gym or regularly on the street, that's looks fine. This was a bodybuilding contest. He wasn't in shape for that contest and he LOST.

And for the nth time, that loss led Arnold to improve himself (both in size and condition) into the legendary figure that many have come to know and love.

We don't get Pumping Iron, or Conan or the Terminator, or any of the things that have made Schwarzenegger iconic, if he hadn't lost to Zane, got humiliated, and determined that Zane would never beat him again.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2022, 02:09:05 PM »
3 plates per side? That's strong to you? Sorry but you're assessment of the entire situation is suspect. Thank you though.
Thats not the point you halfwit

2000 MAN

• Getbig II
  • Arnold Numero Uno
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2022, 02:09:30 PM »
In the gym or regularly on the street, that's looks fine. This was a bodybuilding contest. He wasn't in shape for that contest and he LOST.

And for the nth time, that loss led Arnold to improve himself (both in size and condition) into the legendary figure that many have come to know and love.

We don't get Pumping Iron, or Conan or the Terminator, or any of the things that have made Schwarzenegger iconic, if he hadn't lost to Zane, got humiliated, and determined that Zane would never beat him again.
I disagree

2000 MAN

• Getbig II
  • Arnold Numero Uno
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2022, 03:05:14 PM »
Thats not the point you halfwit
What exactly is your point? You can't squat 315? But you're a gigantic bodybuilder? Ok.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2022, 06:06:48 PM »

That is bullshit. Anyone who knows Arnold realizes how motivated he was/is. He used what happened to him to motivate him even more. He would have achieved what he did had he not entered that contest in Miami. What made him change how he looked at contests was getting beaten by Sergio...not little Frank Zane. Arnold was smarter than we thought. The big oaf wasn't this dumb Austrian Oak! He was political when it suited him and somehow his main competition was eliminated from the Olympia and he had an easy time afterwards.

Zane's comment to Arnold after winning the Olympia for the third time in 79 motivated Arnold to teach Frank a lesson in 1980. Arnold interviewed Zane after his win and told Frank winning the Olympia for the third time must be his biggest thrill in bodybuilding. Frank told Arnold on TV that beating him in 1968 was his biggest victory!

2000 MAN

• Getbig II
  • Arnold Numero Uno
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2022, 06:50:01 PM »
That is bullshit. Anyone who knows Arnold realizes how motivated he was/is. He used what happened to him to motivate him even more. He would have achieved what he did had he not entered that contest in Miami. What made him change how he looked at contests was getting beaten by Sergio...not little Frank Zane. Arnold was smarter than we thought. The big oaf wasn't this dumb Austrian Oak! He was political when it suited him and somehow his main competition was eliminated from the Olympia and he had an easy time afterwards.

Zane's comment to Arnold after winning the Olympia for the third time in 79 motivated Arnold to teach Frank a lesson in 1980. Arnold interviewed Zane after his win and told Frank winning the Olympia for the third time must be his biggest thrill in bodybuilding. Frank told Arnold on TV that beating him in 1968 was his biggest victory!

And let's don't forget the ONLY reason Little Frank Zane won his Olympias was because Franco broke his leg and couldn't compete. Had Franco not been injured, he would have beat Zane soundly in 77, 78 and 79.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2022, 06:58:50 PM »
Bullshit. He looks great in that pic and he could out-squat, bench and deadlift dainty little Frank Zane.
It`s not powerlifting,it`s bodybuilding son.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2022, 07:01:10 PM »

Vince do you train your entire body or just your arms?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2022, 07:03:03 PM »

Look at Franco just destroying Zane here. Never mind Arnold blowing away both Zane and Ferrigno. Zane looks out of place here.
Pic is from 1974 not 1968 genius................gi mmicks gonna gimmick, and trolls gonna troll !  :D

Another numbnut to add to the "Ignore List" !

2000 MAN

• Getbig II
  • Arnold Numero Uno
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2022, 07:06:31 PM »
It`s not powerlifting,it`s bodybuilding son.
Sorry but that doesn't cut it. Benching, squatting and deadlfting are the backbone of bodybuilding. Especially back in the day when PED's were at a minimum. Arnold built his foundation drug free. So didn't Franco. Bodybuilding foods and heavy power training.

2000 MAN

• Getbig II
  • Arnold Numero Uno
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2022, 07:08:19 PM »
Pic is from 1974 not 1968 genius................gi mmicks gonna gimmick, and trolls gonna troll !  :D

Another numbnut to add to the "Ignore List" !
I never said it was from 68. What it shows is Little Frank Zane getting smashed by the big boys. Looks like a fish out of water up there. Zane looks like a sissy.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2022, 07:08:49 PM »
Sorry but that doesn't cut it. Benching, squatting and deadlfting are the backbone of bodybuilding. Especially back in the day when PED's were at a minimum. Arnold built his foundation drug free. So didn't Franco. Bodybuilding foods and heavy power training.
You sir are a complete and total fucking idiot........post on Ricky Retardo !  :D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2022, 07:13:10 PM »
People say how intelligent Frank is. I never saw much intelligence. His masters degree isn't in anything scientific. All that crap about meditation. What isn't disputable is Frank had an ego rivaling Arnold's and that isn't something to boast about. Did Frank invent any excellent equipment for bodybuilding? Did Arnold?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2022, 07:19:25 PM »
Vince do you train your entire body or just your arms?

For the past decade mostly arms with some calf work and leg presses. 95% arms. I now have a pec deck set up so will use it frequently because I plan to compete in masters athletics. Throwing events like discus, javelin and shot put.

I never really enjoyed lifting weights. They were always a means to an end. Therefore I gravitated to efficient and effective exercises. When I stopped competing I no longer did whole body workouts. I could do arms and lat pulldowns and have my whole upper body improved. I superset two exercises for arms. These exercises would improve just about everyone who used them. I exclude those who lift but somehow never stress their target muscles. I have seen a few in my time.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2022, 07:19:46 PM »
I never said it was from 68. What it shows is Little Frank Zane getting smashed by the big boys. Looks like a fish out of water up there. Zane looks like a sissy.
Read the thread title dickhead.....of course Arnold made huge improvements by 74 and nobody ever beat him again....NOBODY......... that`s why he has 7 Olympia wins dummy.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2022, 07:21:49 PM »
For the past decade mostly arms with some calf work and leg presses. 95% arms. I now have a pec deck set up so will use it frequently because I plan to compete in masters athletics. Throwing events like discus, javelin and shot put.

I never really enjoyed lifting weights. They were always a means to an end. Therefore I gravitated to efficient and effective exercises. When I stopped competing I no longer did whole body workouts. I could do arms and lat pulldowns and have my whole upper body improved. I superset two exercises for arms. These exercises would improve just about everyone who used them. I exclude those who lift but somehow never stress their target muscles. I have seen a few in my time.

I only asked because you always speak of training arms and arm size.

It`s cool that you are still being competitive.....keep it going and kick some ass.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2022, 07:34:40 PM »
People say how intelligent Frank is. I never saw much intelligence. His masters degree isn't in anything scientific. All that crap about meditation. What isn't disputable is Frank had an ego rivaling Arnold's and that isn't something to boast about. Did Frank invent any excellent equipment for bodybuilding? Did Arnold?

When reaching a certain age, it is far easier to rest on your laurels when they're not  made of thorn bushes. 

2000 MAN

• Getbig II
  • Arnold Numero Uno
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2022, 07:37:29 PM »
Read the thread title dickhead.....of course Arnold made huge improvements by 74 and nobody ever beat him again....NOBODY......... that`s why he has 7 Olympia wins dummy.
7? Sounds like you're getting into the top end of you're counting ability. Take a rest pops.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2022, 07:40:46 PM »
I only asked because you always speak of training arms and arm size.

It`s cool that you are still being competitive.....keep it going and kick some ass.

Competitive? Hardly. What older guys do is wait for the good guys to not be in the same class or have some injury! Over 80 competitors are very few so the chances improve. In reality competing doesn't mean much. Just some old farts doing things older men should refrain from doing. Bodybuilding is the best activity for older guys. You just don't train but have to stimulate hypertrophy is some muscles. Then the body adapts and voila some benefits. We are told we lose size and strength as we get older. Well, I discovered that didn't apply to me when I reached 70. I could still get my arms as big as when I competed almost 50 years ago. At 80 my triceps are bigger than they have ever been. Just one exercise once a week and there they are. No drugs at all. Vitamin D and Magnesium to avoid cramps. Nothing else. Don't need any hormone replacement therapy either.
The red on my neck and arm is from doing some welding.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2022, 07:46:18 PM »
7? Sounds like you're getting into the top end of you're counting ability. Take a rest pops.

And you?  You remind me of an orangutan trying to play the violin.  In case you are wondering (and you are) it means you are annoying and smelly ape. 

Somehow I fear I am insulting the orangutan.

2000 MAN

• Getbig II
  • Arnold Numero Uno
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2022, 07:52:15 PM »
And you?  You remind me of an orangutan trying to play the violin.  In case you are wondering (and you are) it means you are annoying and smelly ape. 

Somehow I fear I am insulting the orangutan.
You are overly enamored with your mediocre intellect.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2022, 07:54:39 PM »

Arnold got lucky. Here is Sergio's photo on a background I shot at One Mile Beach at Forster, NSW.