Author Topic: Hot or Cold  (Read 2848 times)

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • LET ME OUT OF TIME OUT NEED ADVICE GETTING GYNO!!!
Hot or Cold
« on: April 26, 2006, 05:25:41 PM »
Is there any benifit to taking a cold or hot shower after work-out?  Which one would be for muscle growth?

Not sure what discussion this one belongs on, sorry if I fucked up.  ;)

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Hot or Cold
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 07:34:04 PM »
One old timer BB'ing friend of mine didn't take a shower until he went to bed (or even the next morning ) after a hard workout day. Said he wanted to hold onto the pump. True BB'ers do march to a different drummer. Hot showers do tend to reduce a pump in certain worked area's by increasing the blood flow throughout the body. Cold showers would  do the same, to a lesser degree. If you have had a exceptional hard workout than you might want to alternate the  hot and cold flow of the shower for a few minutes each. Could reduce muscle soreness somewhat. That would be right after your workout....hopefully.  Good Luck.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »
The general assumption that I've found helpful is lukewarm/warm/hot to preference during and while soaping off, which opens the pores to cleansing. After cleansing, cooler or lukewarm (not cold) to close the pores afterwards. That sequence also happens to be the most refreshing from my experience, aside from any minor advantages.

Other than cold water, which is jarring to the system, I don't think the temperature of the water makes any difference to the body or to the pump, go with personal preference.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 10:15:56 AM »
and here i was just taking a hot shower and soaping up to get the stink off me like a dope...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:35:06 AM »
Thats why bb sucks. There are a million things that might work and we all run around trying to find it like its the secret of life. I shower as soon as I can. I've also heard that sauna's are good and then that they're bad after a workout??????I give up I'm gonna hit the twinkies.
L

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 11:17:51 AM »
I'm not taking no cold shower.....my d**k is short enough in a hot one...

;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 08:06:54 PM »
LOL

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 12:21:59 PM »
i dont shower. because of this people stay away at the gym which really helps me focusing in my lifts which leads to me being able to lift more, more muscle etc
Z