Author Topic: Mike Mentzer was a genius  (Read 20858 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Mike Mentzer was a genius
« Reply #400 on: November 19, 2023, 05:42:18 AM »
I took it up the shitbox

Why though?
Q

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #401 on: November 19, 2023, 05:50:58 AM »
Why though, illuminati?

Why indeed.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
Re: Mike Mentzer was a genius, RMJ11 is a bitter old bastard.
« Reply #402 on: November 19, 2023, 07:30:54 AM »
I used to call him way back in 98 and also 99. That Times heavy duty stuff was what he believed in Then and in all honesty he was not in his right mind any more. He was in The psych ward for 5 years after ha ran naked down Venice Beach screaming "Arthur Jones is the Devil". From 1985-1990. He was like a madman who really believed he could say anything and If he said it well like he believed it as truth it was truth. And people are easily bought by some hype. ..
MIRAGETROPIN

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #403 on: November 19, 2023, 07:33:10 AM »
I used to call him way back in 98 and also 99. That Times heavy duty stuff was what he believed in Then and in all honesty he was not in his right mind any more. He was in The psych ward for 5 years after ha ran naked down Venice Beach screaming "Arthur Jones is the Devil". From 1985-1990. He was like a madman who really believed he could say anything and If he said it well like he believed it as truth it was truth. And people are easily bought by some hype. ..

Yeah total loon. And people think he was a genuis 😂😂😂

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #404 on: November 19, 2023, 08:01:42 AM »
He was out of his mind! Goes to show you how people percive intelligence.

He never did anything except build a good body and tried to emulate Arthur Jones. While doing a horrible job at it!

Jones became 81 years old. All The time smoking 2 packs aday and 1 bottle of whisky. NO drugs or anything really.

MIRAGETROPIN

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #405 on: November 19, 2023, 09:02:39 AM »

He never did anything except build a good body and tried to emulate Arthur Jones. While doing a horrible job at it!

Jones became 81 years old. All The time smoking 2 packs aday and 1 bottle of whisky. NO drugs or anything really.

It is Crazy to actually think about. He really didn't come on the scene until 76? And was done by 80. By 83 he was on his way to the funny farm. And yet he has legions of fans to this day.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #406 on: November 19, 2023, 09:11:49 AM »
It is Crazy to actually think about. He really didn't come on the scene until 76? And was done by 80. By 83 he was on his way to the funny farm. And yet he has legions of fans to this day.

Legions of cult followers who believe methzer was the second coming. 😆

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #407 on: November 19, 2023, 09:19:37 AM »
Legions of cult followers who believe methzer was the second coming. 😆
show us your big physique stud  ;D

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #408 on: November 19, 2023, 09:27:28 AM »
show us your big cock stud  ;D

I wouldn't want to make you jealous, little fella. 😆

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #409 on: November 19, 2023, 10:52:10 AM »
"Anything works for 6 weeks." - Dan John

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #410 on: November 19, 2023, 11:30:14 AM »
Years ago I did the Arnold "Education of a Bodybuilder" routine. Lots of sets, 5 per exercise kind of thing. I went from 160 pounds at 5'9" to about 200 pounds in 4-5 years- and then it stopped. I think I literally hit my genetic natural limit. No extra sets made a difference- and I was lifting heavy. I tried all sorts of variations to no avail.  So I eventually just decided to maintain what I had- and that is where HIT came in.

Doing just one set per exercise twice a week (I may add a light warmup set or two if i feel the need but just for the first exercise) I  lift  to maintain strength. I think that is the most you can expect from HIT. I do mostly dumbbell exercises, and I am not very strong, but doing just one set just short of failure I am happy with the results. My bodyweight has stayed in the low 200's for years now.

For the record, I currently do just one set of 8-12 reps of movements like dumbbell rows (110-120 pounds), dumbbell flat bench (80-90's), dumbbell presses (70-75's), shrugs, etc. etc. Good enough to feel strong- just nothing out of the ordinary. My workouts take 15-20 minutes.

I can see doing this routine forever- like I said it has worked perfectly for maintenance of strength and body weight.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #411 on: November 19, 2023, 11:31:16 AM »

genetics determine lifespan much more than anything else AJ was a man's man

Educated Mind

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #412 on: November 19, 2023, 01:50:31 PM »
Volume has always built the best bods. Still waiting for the hit cult to produce great results. It's only been, what...50 years give or take. But anyday now hit will at last have a breakthrough...😂

There ya go

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #413 on: November 19, 2023, 02:36:31 PM »
Years ago I did the Arnold "Education of a Bodybuilder" routine. Lots of sets, 5 per exercise kind of thing. I went from 160 pounds at 5'9" to about 200 pounds in 4-5 years- and then it stopped. I think I literally hit my genetic natural limit. No extra sets made a difference- and I was lifting heavy. I tried all sorts of variations to no avail.  So I eventually just decided to maintain what I had- and that is where HIT came in.

Doing just one set per exercise twice a week (I may add a light warmup set or two if i feel the need but just for the first exercise) I  lift  to maintain strength. I think that is the most you can expect from HIT. I do mostly dumbbell exercises, and I am not very strong, but doing just one set just short of failure I am happy with the results. My bodyweight has stayed in the low 200's for years now.

For the record, I currently do just one set of 8-12 reps of movements like dumbbell rows (110-120 pounds), dumbbell flat bench (80-90's), dumbbell presses (70-75's), shrugs, etc. etc. Good enough to feel strong- just nothing out of the ordinary. My workouts take 15-20 minutes.

I can see doing this routine forever- like I said it has worked perfectly for maintenance of strength and body weight.

Ha! I remember an article from M&F way back in 90 or 91 that outlined a "Mass Routine" I remember the article featured pictures of Sergio Oliva and Lou Ferrigno.  It was a 3 or 4 day split and outlined dozens and dozens of sets and reps of every kind of exercise for each body part.

I think I was a senior in high school at the time. I did that routine for months on end at first getting stronger and more cut, then getting tired and burned out! My cortisol spikes just thinking of that routine!!

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #414 on: November 19, 2023, 02:51:24 PM »
genetics determine lifespan much more than anything else AJ was a man's man
Nope. It's just plain luck.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #415 on: November 19, 2023, 02:52:16 PM »

The old often repeated HIT sales pitch. Prove it.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #416 on: November 19, 2023, 02:53:07 PM »

There ya go

Dorian used conventional methods to build up. Not hit. Try again. 😆

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: November 19, 2023, 02:54:44 PM »
The old often repeated HIT sales pitch. Prove it.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #418 on: November 19, 2023, 02:55:01 PM »
Ha! I remember an article from M&F way back in 90 or 91 that outlined a "Mass Routine" I remember the article featured pictures of Sergio Oliva and Lou Ferrigno.  It was a 3 or 4 day split and outlined dozens and dozens of sets and reps of every kind of exercise for each body part.

I think I was a senior in high school at the time. I did that routine for months on end at first getting stronger and more cut, then getting tired and burned out! My cortisol spikes just thinking of that routine!!

Be better if you had built up to high volume first.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #419 on: November 19, 2023, 02:57:05 PM »

Hit guys make great claims but can never back them up.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: November 19, 2023, 02:58:36 PM »
Hit guys make great claims but can never back them up.
so dont do it then

Whats the problem?

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #421 on: November 19, 2023, 03:02:01 PM »
so dont do it then

Whats the problem?

Not me, silly. Hit guys can never back up their claims. If you make a bold claim then expect to back it up.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: November 19, 2023, 03:07:43 PM »
Not me, silly. Hit guys can never back up their claims. If you make a bold claim then expect to back it up.
no one is making any bold claims on here, they are taking the piss out of you

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #423 on: November 19, 2023, 04:00:14 PM »
no one is making any bold claims on here, they are taking the piss out of you

And failing badly. 😆

By the way, they are making bold claims like this one

"Years ago I did the Arnold "Education of a Bodybuilder" routine. Lots of sets, 5 per exercise kind of thing. I went from 160 pounds at 5'9" to about 200 pounds in 4-5 years- and then it stopped. I think I literally hit my genetic natural limit. No extra sets made a difference- and I was lifting heavy. I tried all sorts of variations to no avail.  So I eventually just decided to maintain what I had- and that is where HIT came in.

I can see doing this routine forever- like I said it has worked perfectly for maintenance of strength and body weight."

Just thought I let you know. 😉

Educated Mind

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #424 on: November 19, 2023, 05:34:31 PM »
Dorian used conventional methods to build up. Not hit. Try again. 😆

There ya go.