Author Topic: Mike Mentzer was a genius  (Read 20884 times)

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
Re: Mike Mentzer was a genius
« Reply #350 on: November 17, 2023, 05:30:08 AM »
please post up your physique pictures..back it up stud.

In case it's escaped your notice (which most things do) this thread is about methzer.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #351 on: November 17, 2023, 06:00:41 AM »
If Taylor trained (s)HIT he would have been out of bodybuilding from injury in the early 90's.

Truth. We’ve seen the empirical evidence. The bodybuilders who maintain their physiques the best are the pumpers.

The learning curve being what it is, once you’ve been training for a while you essentially are what you are.  Continually pummeling yourself has a diminishing return on investment and leads to injury.

Btw, when I first started lifting, Mentzer was by far my favorite bodybuilder.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #352 on: November 17, 2023, 06:20:49 AM »
Truth. We’ve seen the empirical evidence. The bodybuilders who maintain their physiques the best are the pumpers.

The learning curve being what it is, once you’ve been training for a while you essentially are what you are.  Continually pummeling yourself has a diminishing return on investment and leads to injury.

Vince Taylor specifically said that he had no choice but to train light.

He was already suffering from bad back injuries before he turned pro.

He lifted lighter because he was already injured.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #353 on: November 17, 2023, 08:23:00 AM »

Nort quite true. He found lifting heavy wasn't for him since he wasn't a natural strong guy. Taylor explains all in this vid.

i=ArZHB6ys_6o5_JHr

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #354 on: November 17, 2023, 09:44:48 AM »
I know anyone that trains with low sets and to failure irritates RM but I couldn't be bothered. I do know the HIT crowd can be as obnoxious as he is.  Some have called them a cult and I get that.

If you want to do five sets of ten in the squat or want to do one set to failure in the squat I personally don't care. Both are hard in their own way. One from an endurance perspective and one from an intensity one.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #355 on: November 17, 2023, 09:56:29 AM »
I know anyone that trains with low sets and to failure irritates RM but I couldn't be bothered. I do know the HIT crowd can be as obnoxious as he is.  Some have called them a cult and I get that.

If you want to do five sets of ten in the squat or want to do one set to failure in the squat I personally don't care. Both are hard in their own way. One from an endurance perspective and one from an intensity one.

Volume has always built the best bods. Still waiting for the hit cult to produce great results. It's only been, what...50 years give or take. But anyday now hit will at last have a breakthrough...😂

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #356 on: November 17, 2023, 01:17:07 PM »
In case it's escaped your notice (which most things do) this thread is about methzer.

Mike got a perfect score of 300 it may of escaped you're notice
Most things do,  ::)

HTH

;D

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #357 on: November 17, 2023, 01:54:08 PM »

Mike got a perfect score of 300 it may of escaped you're notice
Most things do,  ::)

HTH

;D

Bodybuilding scores are rankings, having a perfect score means some judges agrees you were the best bodybuilder at that show, not that your physique is perfect. If someone that placed 2nd to 6th at the Olympia turned up at some no name backwater pro show, they'd be more or less guaranteed to get a perfect score. If someone is unanimously agreed to have the best physique in the novice category at an amateur show, they will get a perfect score. That doesn't mean 2nd to 6th at the Olympia or a random amateur has a better a physique than a Mr Olympia that won without a perfect score, it means means they were unanimously agreed to be the best at a less competitive show. And methzer didn't receive a perfect score at the 79 Olympia, he received a perfect score in the heavyweight division of the 79 Olympia, meaning some judges merely agreed he was the best heavyweight not the best overall bodybuilder. So there.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: November 18, 2023, 12:38:51 AM »

He was my favorite until I realized his training program was a waste of time for me.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #359 on: November 18, 2023, 12:41:41 AM »
He took Arthur Jones info, refined it and was shunned for this but in the end, there's no doubt all things considered and equal Heavy Duty Training or HIT is the optimum training protocol for muscle growth. Note I said OPTIMUM.

I'm very glad he exposed the IFBB's and Arnold's corruption. And it's totally understandable why he walked away. Exposed the ads in the mags and their fake promises and lies. In the reasons all end in greed as the reason as always.

If Mentzer's training was the prevailing protocol and brief and infrequent trips were the norm, there'd be alot less hours spent in gyms and much more results and quicker assuming
nutrition was adequate for training and rest of 4-7 days after a session.  Genetic potential would be reached faster and 75% of the supplement industry wouldn't exist.

Mike was one of a kind and his contributions will reverberate for a long time.

Here's a gem for the gym.

I like geniuses that don't die.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #360 on: November 18, 2023, 03:06:42 AM »
I like geniuses that don't die.

Yet methzer lied a lot.

And was no genius.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #361 on: November 18, 2023, 03:49:57 AM »
Yet methzer lied a lot.

And was no genius.
you´re butt hurt bro...   were you one of his lovers? :D

Schadenfreude

« Reply #362 on: November 18, 2023, 03:56:58 AM »

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #363 on: November 18, 2023, 04:14:37 AM »

How is telling facts about methzer being butt hurt?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #364 on: November 18, 2023, 04:42:11 AM »

He's a scorned former lover
Q

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #365 on: November 18, 2023, 04:54:12 AM »
I'm a scorned former lover

Thought so.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #366 on: November 18, 2023, 05:12:00 AM »
He's a scorned former lover
He took it up the shit box

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #367 on: November 18, 2023, 05:34:08 AM »
Can anyone confirm that Mentzer’s stache smelled like a pee-soaked urinal cake?

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #368 on: November 18, 2023, 07:34:25 AM »

Vince probably has the best genetics for this in  history... He still looks great today.
Light training, coke, McDonalds, etc...

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #369 on: November 18, 2023, 08:45:36 AM »
Vince probably has the best genetics for this in  history... He still looks great today.
Light training, coke, McDonalds, etc...

Steak, ketchup and Coca-Cola...... crazy. Also Vince did some strange exercises too if I recall.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #370 on: November 18, 2023, 09:03:15 AM »
Steak, ketchup and Coca-Cola...... crazy. Also Vince did some strange exercises too if I recall.

I remember some local gym-rats (at the gym) discussing Taylor back in the 90's. (When he was winning).
Saying how crazy he was to drink Coca-Cola. In their hands were ABS Carbo Force drinks. (The craze at the time).
Which were just pure sugar at the time and not much different than Coke..

Schadenfreude

« Reply #371 on: November 18, 2023, 09:39:17 AM »
There was never a genius that decided to become a bodybuilder. Deciding to.be a bodybuilder more likely puts you in the average intelligence at best category.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
Re: Mike Mentzer - Was a genius
« Reply #372 on: November 18, 2023, 10:59:40 AM »
Begs the question: who were the smartest or most intelligent bodybuilders? Frank Zane and Katz were teachers but both seemed to be of average intelligence at best. Arnold was cunning, machivellian in a way, probably had a high I.Q. but I don't know that anyone would describe him as intelligent.  Makkawy was supposedly very smart, spoke a dozen languages or something like that.

Have there been ANY bodybuilders known for being extraordinarily bright?

Schadenfreude

Re: Mike Mentzer - Was a genius
« Reply #373 on: November 18, 2023, 01:53:31 PM »
Begs the question: who were the smartest or most intelligent bodybuilders? Frank Zane and Katz were teachers but both seemed to be of average intelligence at best. Arnold was cunning, machivellian in a way, probably had a high I.Q. but I don't know that anyone would describe him as intelligent.  Makkawy was supposedly very smart, spoke a dozen languages or something like that.

Have there been ANY bodybuilders known for being extraordinarily bright?

The short answer is "no"

Bodybuilders are mostly retards, so when there is a guy with average intelligence that shows up, he is hailed as "genius". Retards leading the retards. And since bodybuilders have enormous ego, they usually believe their own "genius" hype, like Shawn Ray, the man with the visors and tremendous self esteem issues.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #374 on: November 18, 2023, 02:00:47 PM »

diet is the least important factor in fact when i eat too clean i look worse :D :D :D

according to justin harris all should eat like this.... steak, chicken, rice, potatoe repeat

genetics is 65% training 30% diet 5%