Author Topic: here is my routine tell me what you think im not a veteran exactly so go easy  (Read 1592 times)

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
CHEST &  BICEPS    cable flys    peck deck  chest press,  bicep cable curls  I don't do to much for biceps cause the get worked out indirectly alot through other stuff and don't wont to over train them.                               

triceps & back
triceps cable pull downs
seated dumbbell extension
seated row
lat pull down

shoulders& legs

Arnold dumbbell press
dumbbell shoulder shrugs
shoulder press

leg curls
leg extensions
leg press
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Read the post and i think you may get similar answers. i'm not gonna say your wrong but I'll tell you what I would or change. .

Chest-  Flat and incline plus the usuall flys etc. BB & DB
Legs - you have to squat, who cares what weight you'll get there.  plus leg sled, hacks, whatever you have available.
Shoulders - Mill press etc dbs and BB
Tri-s dips until your arms fall off, weighted... nose breakers...
Bi's im doing the same thing as you for a bit, mine have gotten overtrained and are not growing
Back dead lift, pull-ups Tbar rows ...

These are the basics that will get you where you need to be. I don't do pec deck because it can cause shoulder problems. Basic movements for size and then start to specialize. look at your workout split and rest days. Good luck
L

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Hey thanks bro for not being negative and shit I'm just here to learn thought people would be complete dicks about it so cheers man.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
There are a ton of them here but plenty of guys who wanna help as well.
L

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
I would agree, stick witht the basics. 

Chest....db press, inlcine press and fly

shoulders.....db press, lateral raises, rear lateral raises and front lateral raises, shrugs

Back.......wide grip lat pulls, db rows

legs.....squat, leg press, straight leg deadlfits, leg curls

Bis,tris.....careful here.  I think you would almost be in danger of overtraining them working them two days a week, even though one day they are secondary in your back/chest workout.  When I find myself overtraining them I am usually going heavy, so I switch to light weight, really light weight and focus on the contraction and they start growing again, and I workout them out twice a week.  One day is back bis, another is chest tris, then I work bis and tris together on a seperate day.  Just use lightweight and they will grow.

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Thanks ill put all that advice into work at the gym tomorrow the instructer there well to  put it nicely is shaped like a tooth pick and yer some people train to get fit some train for mass but this guy looks like he walked in fresh of the street  anyway i thought it was pretty weird when he gave me an all over body work out routine were he wanted me to do shoulder back bic tri ect all in one day three days a week ive been lifting for the past year and thought it sounded pretty stupid to say the least so I cam up with that routine but ill definatly make a new one with your advice so cheers fellas
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
The conventional  wisdom says to hit flat bench until you gain a base line chest( whatever). Put some mass on and then  concentrate more on the inclines. I did both coming up and I saw better Pec development doing both but maybe someone here has a better way.  I never got super strong on either but if you'd rather have good chest development then a "big bench"  ego try what " Get bigger said".  Also I built a decent set of delts from all the incline work. I think you'll either have great shoulders and pecs or destroy you rotators. I've never had problems but my last three partners have all developed issues with their shoulders mainly because we hit the inclines. I'm not talking heroic weight but alot of both BB and DB work. Someone else will chime in.
L

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
Hey,

Heres what I do and it works

Monday Chest and tris
flat, incline, flyes

skull crushers, tricep cable pusdowns, close grip presses ( i vary these a lot)

Tuesday
quads

Wed back bis
lat pull downs

t bar rows

dumbell rows

seated cable rows
I throw in dead lifts every other week

Thursday
Hamstrings

Friday
Shoulders

Its best to workout each muscle once a week unless genetically you can recover quickly.