Author Topic: question for Lee, jay, shawn or chic/ all of the pro's on here  (Read 4259 times)

xavmaster

• Getbig II
I was wondering how much cardio I should do pre contest concidering i'm 16 with a fast metabolism. Thats me a month ago 5 months out from my first contest at the momment i'm 4 months out same bf please help.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: question for Lee, jay, shawn or chic/ all of the pro's on here
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »
why are you going to compete man?   im sur eall the ladies tink your built, but gain some size.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 06:18:08 PM »
Looking great at 16...good luck bro

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 06:42:20 PM »
Looking great at 16...good luck bro
haha.   ohh thats great.   and im a fat seal wit no muscle?  oh damn this shit is funny.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 08:28:04 PM »
haha.   ohh thats great.   and im a fat seal wit no muscle?  oh damn this shit is funny.

So you looked better at 16 after 7 months of weights

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 08:34:13 PM »
So you looked better at 16 after 7 months of weights
you have a decent build, ezpecially for high scool, and 16...but im 16 as well and posted pictures...and all i got was 8 pages of bashing. to answer your question, yes, i did, and i do, but according to these haters my physique is horrible.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 08:56:48 PM »
Candidate2025, It wasnt your physique that was considered horrible. It is/was your attitude... The advice you try to give is baseless/useless.. almost comical. Getbiggers don't want to hear from a 16year old that barely knows what the inside of a gym looks like. You should be humble, and thats not comparing yourself to Markus freakin RUHL! .

Good call mate

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 09:27:46 PM »
Look great for 16. You suffer from long arm syndrome so chest should be an adventure for awhile.  It's funny most of the pro's have started out looking like you so you should be fine. Keep eating man. Ignore candidate, eventually he'll stop the know it all routine.
L

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 09:30:34 PM »
Look great for 16. You suffer from long arm syndrome so chest should be an adventure for awhile.  It's funny most of the pro's have started out looking like you so you should be fine. Keep eating man. Ignore candidate, eventually he'll stop the know it all routine.

Thats my competition everyone thinks i'll win but i'm not sure what do you guys think that i've still got muscle to put on before this years comp

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »
Which guy are you? The black or pakistani guy looks pretty good relative to the field. Anyway good luck. Your doing something that takes a boatload of discipline and hard work. i tried it once and while i liked the cuts I hated the food or lack there of and complete loss of strenght. This was alomost 6 years ago but i dieted down from 210 to 185. After that I rocketd back up to 230 and have gone from roughly 235-215 and down to 198 this past summer. Thats over a six year period. I'm  at 220 and very happy. Good luck your a better man then I.
L

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 09:45:53 PM »
Which guy are you? The black or pakistani guy looks pretty good relative to the field. Anyway good luck. Your doing something that takes a boatload of discipline and hard work. i tried it once and while i liked the cuts I hated the food or lack there of and complete loss of strenght. This was alomost 6 years ago but i dieted down from 210 to 185. After that I rocketd back up to 230 and have gone from roughly 235-215 and down to 198 this past summer. Thats over a six year period. I'm  at 220 and very happy. Good luck your a better man then I.

Im none of them but thats last years teen comp and thats the kind of physiques i'll be up against I hopfully will be bigger than I am now and ripped, my dad was a decent bodybuilder so that helps and my posing will be good i'll post a video of it  ;)  but the comp is september 3rd so I still have awhile.

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 09:46:27 PM »
btw thanks

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 10:58:31 PM »
This is me now btw and i'm 6ft

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 11:20:19 PM »
Candidate2025, It wasnt your physique that was considered horrible. It is/was your attitude... The advice you try to give is baseless/useless.. almost comical. Getbiggers don't want to hear from a 16year old that barely knows what the inside of a gym looks like. You should be humble, and thats not comparing yourself to Markus freakin RUHL! .

i never compared my physique to his, just my strengths to his strengths to andmy wekness's to his wekness.  like a big full chest, wide back, thik legs, and peaking biceps.   with flat tris, bad abs.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 11:21:47 PM »
Thats my competition everyone thinks i'll win but i'm not sure what do you guys think that i've still got muscle to put on before this years comp
depending on ur legs you might win.   good luck.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 11:27:36 PM »
depending on ur legs you might win.   good luck.
Cheers mate
My legs used to be my week point by far but now of got them to par with my upper body with some deep, low rep squats, heavy leg press, leg exten, leg curls and some stiff-legged deadlifts  ;)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 11:34:44 PM »
Cheers mate
My legs used to be my week point by far but now of got them to par with my upper body with some deep, low rep squats, heavy leg press, leg exten, leg curls and some stiff-legged deadlifts  ;)
if i may, although every one has just said i dont know what im talking about, suggest that you put hamstrings on a seperate day from quads. a good quad routine should leave you with no energy to put in anytype of ham work. and also, unless you really get a stretch out of those stiff legged, drop them and add in sitting ham curls to go along with lying ones.     just my 2 cents...
d[-_-]b actin all cool

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 11:38:43 PM »
if i may, although every one has just said i dont know what im talking about, suggest that you put hamstrings on a seperate day from quads. a good quad routine should leave you with no energy to put in anytype of ham work. and also, unless you really get a stretch out of those stiff legged, drop them and add in sitting ham curls to go along with lying ones.     just my 2 cents...

No offence but I met Lee Priest and he said for me put quads on the same day as hams and I would be doing some seated leg curls but at the gym I do legs at they don't have a seated leg curl but when I move out in about 8 months i'll be going to the only gym in Australia with 100kg dumbells (220lb). I would be doing hacks to but we don't have them also  :'(   lol

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 11:41:35 PM »
well different things work for different people..lee priest is short and its easy to build up quads whe your short so he really doesnt have to kill himself too much. for taller guys like us we(or at least m) really gotta do alot more sets to build em up   for me...if im didnt throw up, or am not stumbling and tripping on my way out after quads, it wasnt a very good workout.   i just cant see workin hams after that.

but results > science, so if youve got big hams, keep doing what ur doin.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 11:46:09 PM »
well different things work for different people..lee priest is short and its easy to build up quads whe your short so he really doesnt have to kill himself too much. for taller guys like us we(or at least m) really gotta do alot more sets to build em up   for me...if im didnt throw up, or am not stumbling and tripping on my way out after quads, it wasnt a very good workout.   i just cant see workin hams after that.

but results > science, so if youve got big hams, keep doing what ur doin.

What I do is I stretch my quads have a 4 min break and then hit my hams hard even tho my quads hurt I just find thats what works for me.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 11:48:15 PM »
What I do is I stretch my quads have a 4 min break and then hit my hams hard even tho my quads hurt I just find thats what works for me.
dont fix it if aint aint broke.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 02:39:20 AM »
I'd be leary of Pro's given advice. They train on another level. New pic looks great. I love Lee and he's my currrent favorite but I split legs into two days. Lunges and atleast one other exercise then I have my standard leg day with calves on two other separate days.
L