Author Topic: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !  (Read 396218 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !
« Reply #8550 on: January 05, 2024, 04:56:21 AM »
January 04, 2024

Shoulders,Neck,Abs:

Seated DB Press - 4 X 25,21,13,11
DB Laterals - 4 X 12
Bent-Over Laterals - 4 X 15

Lying Plate Neck Raise - 4 X failure

Crunches - 4  X failure

On the DB Presses, I only used a pair of 30 pounders......did 25 reps,took 15 breaths,got 21,took another 15 breaths,got 13, then another 15 breaths and only got 11 reps........FUCKING BRUTALLY HARD!!

It may sound light,but give it a  try....you`re  delts will be screaming!!

Trained at home due to snow......good one!!

I've been watching this guy on youtube Ryan Humiston. He preaches that's the way to train. Light weights, high reps and with short rests between sets.  On one video he said it's a harder way to train than when he was training heavy with low reps.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #8551 on: January 05, 2024, 04:58:21 AM »
speeling aint my strong suit :D

what you think of the cross-strations in dem tris bro?

Now that's gay.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8552 on: January 05, 2024, 05:00:22 AM »
Now that's gay.

wish to fuck i was gay them fellas suck and fuck on the regular

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8553 on: January 05, 2024, 05:08:41 AM »
I've been watching this guy on youtube Ryan Humiston. He preaches that's the way to train. Light weights, high reps and with short rests between sets.  On one video he said it's a harder way to train than when he was training heavy with low reps.

It's good for pumping/shaping.  This is pre-contest bodybuilding technique to get defined.  Muscle spinning. 

A technique that goes way back to the beginning.

The focus of popular internet training today is appearance.  Mirror gazing.

Muscles built in this way deflate quickly if you stop pumping them up.

It is a poor training method if you want to get stronger.

Depends on your goals.

I think somewhere in the middle is best.  5-12 reps with 1-3 minute rests.  Lift as heavy as possible in those ranges.

Train the big compound lifts in the lower rep ranges and the accessory exercises in the higher rep ranges.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8554 on: January 05, 2024, 05:09:26 AM »

I've a mind to smack you upside the head, dj.
 ;)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8555 on: January 05, 2024, 05:10:54 AM »
I've a mind to smack you upside the head, dj.
 ;)

hahahahahahaha

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #8556 on: January 05, 2024, 05:11:03 AM »
dj, thanks for the inspiration with that set of triceps.  I have not trained now for I think it is, 2 or 3 weeks.  I am in need of self-respect and short of having Urethra Franklinz sing R E S P E C T! in my garage gym your video set is hopefully enough to bump start my ego.

Yup.  Between PT and doctors I have lost the want/need to train.  I think I mentioned that when I trained last in a H.I.T. kinda way it was with lighter weights and higher reps to failure and maybe rest/pause.  Regardless I need to train again and do so with purpose.  When I was younger and would quit lifting the easiest way to get back to the gym was to take my skinny self out and insult someone much larger, get my self whupped and the return to the gym with a ferocity only matched when I got myself back and then went looking for the same people that I insulted.

I cannot do that anymore, dammit!  ;D  Probably because I do not want to get curb-stomped.  Other than via a bat or a 2X4 to the head I've not broken any bones that I know of in my life so far and have no desire to do so.  I did recently knock a tooth out of the back of my head with a tumble down the stairs at home but did not know it until it became infected and needed to be removed.

That will have to suffice.  So its back to reading illuminati and IroNat's excellent training logs along with yours, Wes' and others here.  Hopefully I can motivate myself.  I have a doctor's appointment again today.  Yippeeeeeee...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8557 on: January 05, 2024, 05:16:21 AM »
dj, thanks for the inspiration with that set of triceps.  I have not trained now for I think it is, 2 or 3 weeks.  I am in need of self-respect and short of having Urethra Franklinz sing R E S P E C T! in my garage gym your video set is hopefully enough to bump start my ego.

Yup.  Between PT and doctors I have lost the want/need to train.  I think I mentioned that when I trained last in a H.I.T. kinda way it was with lighter weights and higher reps to failure and maybe rest/pause.  Regardless I need to train again and do so with purpose.  When I was younger and would quit lifting the easiest way to get back to the gym was to take my skinny self out and insult someone much larger, get my self whupped and the return to the gym with a ferocity only matched when I got myself back and then went looking for the same people that I insulted.

I cannot do that anymore, dammit!  ;D  Probably because I do not want to get curb-stomped.  Other than via a bat or a 2X4 to the head I've not broken any bones that I know of in my life so far and have no desire to do so.  I did recently knock a tooth out of the back of my head with a tumble down the stairs at home but did not know it until it became infected and needed to be removed.

That will have to suffice.  So its back to reading illuminati and IroNat's excellent training logs along with yours, Wes' and others here.  Hopefully I can motivate myself.  I have a doctor's appointment again today.  Yippeeeeeee...

thanks man

try this it works

i like lifting heavy loads but it's all about mechanical tension and EFFORT

heavier loads create tension but so do slow focused reps

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8558 on: January 05, 2024, 07:42:52 AM »
thanks man

try this it works

i like lifting heavy loads but it's all about mechanical tension and EFFORT

heavier loads create tension but so do slow focused reps

It's ideal if you have joint issues and can't handle heavy loads also it builds mental toughness as he say

My mental toughness is top notch so I'd be right at home here but I'll admit that maybe just maybe wes mental toughness beats mine but I sure as fuck won't quit easy you can be sure of that wester I love competition thrive in it in fact I'll try my fucking hardest and won't quit fuck no

He trained me and my bench press bud through a brutal chest cycle and at the end we did dips til we almost fell off the fucking bars and some kid came over and said to him regarding me "take it easy on him" and he barked back "this does not concern you!" Hahaha

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #8559 on: January 05, 2024, 08:01:46 AM »

Half expected this to be a JohnnyNoName post….

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8560 on: January 05, 2024, 10:02:27 AM »
It`s a muthafucker....very painful high intensity stuff.........but I mix it all up and have heavier sessions also.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8561 on: January 05, 2024, 10:04:26 AM »
It's ideal if you have joint issues and can't handle heavy loads also it builds mental toughness as he say

My mental toughness is top notch so I'd be right at home here but I'll admit that maybe just maybe wes mental toughness beats mine but I sure as fuck won't quit easy you can be sure of that wester I love competition thrive in it in fact I'll try my fucking hardest and won't quit fuck no

He trained me and my bench press bud through a brutal chest cycle and at the end we did dips til we almost fell off the fucking bars and some kid came over and said to him regarding me "take it easy on him" and he barked back "this does not concern you!" Hahaha
I may sound like a cornball here, but I go to war with the weights when I hit the gym.......why join a gym to just go through the motions and never realize any progress?

No talking or slacking,and when it looks like I can`t possibly squeeze out even one more rep,I`m determined to get three more come Hell or high water.

I do have less intense sessions also cuz you do not grow in the gym,you grow at the table and at rest.

I have burned out so many FORMER training partners who thought they could hang with me,I couldn`t add them all up with a calculator.  :D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #8562 on: January 05, 2024, 10:09:50 AM »
O may sound like a vcornbal but I go to war when I hit the gym.

No talking or slacking,when it looks like I cant saqueeze out one more rep,I

:D

Did you pass out before saqueezing out the end of the sentence there, O Bro..?

vcornbal

;D

Edit:  shit you corrected that fast!  Now I look like the vcornbal LOL  ;D
T

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8563 on: January 05, 2024, 10:12:56 AM »
January 05, 2024

Biceps,Triceps,Forearms:

Seated Supinated DB Curls -  4 X 12,12,10,10
Standing Cable Curls - 3 X 12,10,10
Crossover machine Crucifix Curls - 3 X 12-15

Pressdowns 2 X 50 (bad elbow,just getting blood into the muscle)

Wrist Curls - 3 X failure (my wrist is much better.....taped it up and did these with no wrist pain............will add weight as my wrist improves.)

Pretty good week of training for a kid like me!

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #8564 on: January 05, 2024, 10:14:14 AM »
Built up to a smooth single with 190kg (418lbs) on bench before decreasing weight and increasing reps. Only 1 meal today, I can't eat enough lately.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8565 on: January 05, 2024, 10:17:53 AM »

vcornbal

;D

The letters on my keyboard are wearing off in a huge way.......have to type, then go back and correct everything.......real pain in the ass.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8566 on: January 05, 2024, 10:19:06 AM »
I may sound like a cornball here, but I go to war with the weights when I hit the gym.......why join a gym to just go through the motions and never realize any progress?

No talking or slacking,and when it looks like I can`t possibly squeeze out even one more rep,I`m determined to get three more come Hell or high water.

I do have less intense sessions also cuz you do not grow in the gym,you grow at the table and at rest.

I have burned out so many FORMER training partners who thought they could hang with me,I couldn`t add them all up with a calculator.  :D

Good stuff bro 😎

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8567 on: January 05, 2024, 10:19:39 AM »
Built up to a smooth single with 190kg (418lbs) on bench before decreasing weight and increasing reps. Only 1 meal today, I can't eat enough lately.
Congrats Ro......very impressive benching !!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8568 on: January 05, 2024, 10:21:53 AM »
Good stuff bro 😎
Hey,we`ve all seen it before......the guys who join the gym and ten years later are still there, and look just the same, or in some cases even worse.

I`m not that guy..............I bust balls and knock down walls ......it`s a gym,not a social club.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8569 on: January 05, 2024, 10:25:02 AM »

vcornbal

;D

IF THE SHOE FITS.........  LOL  ;D

I`d bet that I`m the fastest one finger typist on the board.

Took typing in high school and was always smoking pot in the "boys room".....went to class about 3 times.

No homo cuz I was just a boy myself.  ;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #8570 on: January 05, 2024, 10:40:52 AM »

Keep your mind as calm as you can, and this will correct itself.

Cliche for sure, but only time makes these things better.
Y

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #8571 on: January 05, 2024, 10:52:29 AM »
Keep your mind as calm as you can, and this will correct itself.

Cliche for sure, but only time makes these things better.

I have thanks, but that might be part of the issue. A detachment came over me from more meditation and his passing, with pursuits like getting bigger seeming hollow. I am at peace but life feels quite empty, meaningless and transient.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8572 on: January 05, 2024, 11:36:31 AM »
Hey,we`ve all seen it before......the guys who join the gym and ten years later are still there, and look just the same, or in some cases even worse.

I`m not that guy..............I bust balls and knock down walls ......it`s a gym,not a social club.

yep, go hard or get the fuck out

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8573 on: January 07, 2024, 10:16:29 PM »
Smashed bis Blakeley style  8)

Hammer rope curl

Cable curl

Dumbbell hammer curl

Wide grip barbell curl

Bis got a massive pump and they actually looked ok :D

Now gotta go home and eat 100 grams of protein post workout and.... GROW

This shit is gonna work I can just feel it

Gonna do this on all exercises except behind neck press close grip bench and decline bench to chin

Time to GROW

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8574 on: January 08, 2024, 04:39:26 AM »
JM Blakely is a very personal trainer.