Author Topic: I need an ass!  (Read 3004 times)

binliftin

• Getbig II
  • It's not the size that counts...right
I need an ass!
« on: April 28, 2006, 03:50:20 PM »
I am lacking in the glute department and some in the delt area AND calves. Any suggestions for stubborn delts ,gluts and calves? I am at 10-12 reps, and 12 sets for delts, I squat my ass off neutral footing, and I do 3 strait min of calves, drop sets as I go GOD GIVE ME ASS!!!!!!!!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: I need an ass!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 04:18:06 PM »
ummmmmm  well, unless you compete, it shouldnt matter whether you have an ass. haha.....but i guess if squats aint workin you coul do that "butt blaster" machine. LOL.

delts....i would say stop working  out traps, do tons of reps, make sure you really squeeze the dels...and make the arc on lateral raises as wide as you can.  start yu delt work out with rear delts too....three different exercises.

calfes are mainly genetic.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 04:52:35 PM »
Glutes.......box squats, lunges, heavy step ups

delts....seated and standing military presses

calves....pick a exercise and do tons of sets

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 06:30:14 PM »
ill probably get ripped major for this one....and dont do it unless someone else also agrees.   but stop working out front delts..seriously. military presses only make your chest look smaller, and cease to let you isolate your chest during presses.   tons and tons of laterals, machines cables and free wweights, plus starting with rear delts....that will get you big shoulders.    ...you cant really see front delts in any pose but front hand clasp any way, and like i said, they just make you chest look smaller.....ala lee priest.

i ceased training front delts about 6 months ago.....my military presses were 185 for 3 sets of 10-15, but i could never hit my chet with presses, and front hand clasps my chest was very weak.....now my chest is bigger and fuller, plus looks bigger cuz the front delts arent pooping out in front of them.

just my 2 cents...
d[-_-]b actin all cool

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 06:41:21 PM »
squats grew my butt

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 09:28:04 PM »
ill probably get ripped major for this one....and dont do it unless someone else also agrees.   but stop working out front delts..seriously. military presses only make your chest look smaller, and cease to let you isolate your chest during presses.   tons and tons of laterals, machines cables and free wweights, plus starting with rear delts....that will get you big shoulders.    ...you cant really see front delts in any pose but front hand clasp any way, and like i said, they just make you chest look smaller.....ala lee priest.

i ceased training front delts about 6 months ago.....my military presses were 185 for 3 sets of 10-15, but i could never hit my chet with presses, and front hand clasps my chest was very weak.....now my chest is bigger and fuller, plus looks bigger cuz the front delts arent pooping out in front of them.

Yeah your wrong. Atleast as far as what works for me. He needs to stay with the mil presses, front or rear depending on what he can do. He needs to build mass. The cables are great after he's done his mass buildiers. Forget the pose crap the guy may not even want to step on stage. If he's young he has to build a framework with which to work. Most of the guys on here will never step on stage or even want to. Your traps can take over for your rear delts making it harder for you to build em so you need balance. You have to work all three parts to form a good set of delts. If this guy ever wants to put up good weight on the bench he'll need those delts. Even a kid your age, forward dips to expand the rib cage overhead db pulls off a bench woould also work to expand and allow you to build a chest. You have so much time, hit your damm delts, you have time and alot of weight to loose before you step on stage, build your base first.   

just my 2 cents...
L

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 11:17:32 PM »
try lunges/squats while holding dumbells! you cant help but lean forward as you go down! my ass got HUUUUGe off these! i currently have the waist-ass ratio of a black woman!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 12:03:17 AM »

its not the weight of the bench that matters, its the bench's effectiveness at building muscle....     and i do hit delts.....but front delts dont need to be isolated from outsid the chest work it does along with it.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 12:41:04 AM »
i don't agree with too many things Candidate said, but everybody is entitled to their opinion. Smaller front delts definitely do not make your chest appear bigger. Kiss any bicep pose good bye if u have crappy front delts (rear double bi, front double bi, most muscular to name a few). But then again I dont think Candidate steps on stage so it doesn't matter.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 02:46:47 AM »
its not the weight of the bench that matters, its the bench's effectiveness at building muscle....     and i do hit delts.....but front delts dont need to be isolated from outsid the chest work it does along with it.

I'm dead set against what you said but I'm not attacking you. Bench weight will matter to this guy, it matters to everyone. He may not need nor want to ever bench 405 or beyond but a decent lift will be important for building that baseline chest development. The last bit you mentioned is ok if he does incline bench and can pound them enough to work both his chest and delts. Some guys can't handle inclines.  I still think he needs the Mils
L

binliftin

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 06:01:19 AM »
Well I do regional competitions (i am a chick by the way :-*) And I am hearing that I need to blast the hell out of my claves, and pick up reps and really strict form for delts. I am also hearing GO HEAVY for glutes and dumbells made matirx's ass gorgeous!!!!! Am I getting it? I would NEVER stop working on my front delts. Delts on chicks are sexy. Am I right?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 06:22:53 AM »
Glutes:

Keep the waistline as tight as you can to create the illusion of fuller glutes.
Heavy squats, slightly wider stance, toes pointed out, go below parralle, isolate and push from heels/glutes
Leg press same thing
Stiff legged deadlifts
Those gay ass cable kickbacks actually do help, if done with strict isolation form and heavy weight
Hyperextensions...strict isolation form yet again
Good old fashioned lunges
Time and patience
Focus on using the glutes as the primary force with all possible exercises

:)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 06:51:02 AM »
Well I do regional competitions (i am a chick by the way :-*) And I am hearing that I need to blast the hell out of my claves, and pick up reps and really strict form for delts. I am also hearing GO HEAVY for glutes and dumbells made matirx's ass gorgeous!!!!! Am I getting it? I would NEVER stop working on my front delts. Delts on chicks are sexy. Am I right?

I think i missed the whole chick thing that might have helped. Leg placement on the quads is very important CQ's already covered what to do. How about those plea squats with dumbells. And yes delts on a chick look great, any amount of defined muscle is sexy. Good luck
L

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 11:18:59 AM »
I need an ass too but that hottie on the treadmill said no.

Seriously, any exercise that draws the femur backward is using the glute muscle.  Exercises like squats, deadlifts, leg press, and lunges all will use the glute muscle.  Indirectly the stiff leg dead lift and back extensions also work.  Stepping up on a low bench holding dumbbells will get it too.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 01:06:55 PM »
GO BUY A DONKEY!!! ;D

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 01:11:13 PM »
Sarcasm says he is like an ass but with two cracks.
just push some weight!

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 02:48:14 PM »
gluts are worked with legs.  any kind of squats and leg press movements works the glutes. look on the good side. its better to have no ass then to have a big ass. you can do walking lunge, or the butt baster to work glutes by themselfs. but just stick to the squats and deads from glutes.

for delt. i would say, do miltary press and db pres , some side later (may be some triple drops) and bent laterals to finish up. is there any area of the shoulders that you need help on or is lagging??

for calves. i personally started doing calves twice a week. all u know is seated and standing calf raise. I've read doing bodyweight calf raise after a set of stand calve raise works. so i've been doing those and they are killer.  i like heavy weight but i still go 10-15 reps per set

above all advice. i work strongly advice stretching.

binliftin

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 05:19:25 AM »
for delt. i would say, do military press and db pres , some side later (may be some triple drops) and bent laterals to finish up. is there any area of the shoulders that you need help on or is lagging??

Well it seems that my tris overwhelm my delts so I guy DELTS!!!! LOL My rear delts seem to be fairly good. I think it would be my medial delts are lagging most and then my front. I want CANNONBALLS! Okay I would settle for grapefruits. BIG grapefruits!! :P

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 11:15:48 AM »
if your tris are overpowering you delts. i would do rais then do presses towards the end. for med delts i would  shock them with triple drops. you dont really need to do front delts. because front delts are used in the chest with the presses.bb curls, shoulder press.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 10:41:52 AM »
Lunges!! worked for me.  and sometimes i throw in the butt kick machine.  Calves are weird for me.  Ill do heavy weight low reps for awhile, then ill switch to lighter weight higher reps for awhile

BallzDeep69

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 06:42:45 PM »
try lunges/squats while holding dumbells! you cant help but lean forward as you go down! my ass got HUUUUGe off these! i currently have the waist-ass ratio of a black woman!

Hahahaha!  Aint that sum sheeit!?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 01:34:03 PM »
SQUAT, SQUAT, THEN SQUAT SOME MORE!  8)