Author Topic: Cardio Duration  (Read 10223 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Cardio Duration
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2006, 03:06:36 PM »
alright.....i have a recumbent bike at home i had for the last 2 weeks....ive been doin 35 mins of moderate cardio every other day......now i wanna try the max ot on it....so hows do i do it....16 mins.......so 30 secs sprint......1 min and a half moderate?.......whut should the level of resistance be?

Set the resistance at fairly light, or moderate. You want to have a cardio workout, not a leg workout.

Try to be a bit competitive with yourself. If you have a counter for mileage, check how far you get each time.

The first time you go pretty gently. And every workout you try to slightly beat that PR of yours.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2006, 03:13:24 PM »
thats really the only thing i dont like about  the max ot, the bike kills my legs, instead of a bike i actually go to a school and run. i just run 16 minutes as hard as i can adds up to about 2.5 miles. but afterwards im dead. however there is no worry about the treadmill or bike. i also do longer cardio on a stepper

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2006, 03:51:18 PM »
thats really the only thing i dont like about  the max ot, the bike kills my legs, instead of a bike i actually go to a school and run. i just run 16 minutes as hard as i can adds up to about 2.5 miles. but afterwards im dead. however there is no worry about the treadmill or bike. i also do longer cardio on a stepper
that's not too bad, but i bet that you'll find the bike very challenging... i use a Life Fitness upright bike doing the "Kilamanjaro" hills program for 16 minutes at level 9.... holy shit... my AVERAGE heart rate for the duration today was 167 beats/minute and I covered 6.12 miles of imaginary territory... sometimes i think that i can almost see God...

whoischa

• Getbig I
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2008, 07:05:10 PM »
what do you guys think about doing this in the morning first thing?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2008, 07:10:32 PM »
Approx how long into cardio does it take to use up your bodys glycogen reserves, and then start mobilizing fat for energy?  I know there are many varriables, but I am talking about jogging at a normal pace or jump roping.  I know there is not exact number for everyone, but any ballpark number of minutes?

I drank 40 of your Arizona lite drinks in the past 5 days. They are fantastic.
E

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »
cardio? CARDIO? dude, theres eca, thats all you need  ;D