Author Topic: New to Boards  (Read 913 times)

Haze

• Getbig I
New to Boards
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:13:53 AM »
I am new to the boards so I will go ahead and introduce myself.  My name is Jesus.  I am 25 yrs old.  I weigh approx. 235 lbs and around 33-34% bodyfat.  I am 5'9".  I am looking to lose some weight.  I want to get down to about 175 lbs.  I used to be an amatuer boxer and am looking to back into the sport.  Hopefully I will turn pro by next year.  I need some work with my diet and workout.  I want to incorporate weights but I do not want to bulk up.  I want to lift in order to aid my weight loss.  I am new to weight lifting and don't know what a good workout would be.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance for your responses.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: New to Boards
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 09:17:41 AM »
I am new to the boards so I will go ahead and introduce myself.  My name is Jesus.  I am 25 yrs old.  I weigh approx. 235 lbs and around 33-34% bodyfat.  I am 5'9".  I am looking to lose some weight.  I want to get down to about 175 lbs.  I used to be an amatuer boxer and am looking to back into the sport.  Hopefully I will turn pro by next year.  I need some work with my diet and workout.  I want to incorporate weights but I do not want to bulk up.  I want to lift in order to aid my weight loss.  I am new to weight lifting and don't know what a good workout would be.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance for your responses.

i may be old school but if you joined a gym that had circut weight training and could do that along with standard cardio for a while to build up your strength levels and cardio it would be good for about 6 months or so. after which switch your cardio to ring training (boxing/bag/speed work) and move your weight training to basic free weight 3 or 4 days a week covering major bodyparts and you should be good.good luck others can be more exact this is just a 2 cent version to your question.