Author Topic: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?  (Read 66003 times)

LifterChick

Re: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?
« Reply #525 on: May 06, 2006, 07:35:20 PM »
You came up with a username of "NiceRacq" and you expected any less?  ::)

NiceRacq = Nice Racquel

My name is Racquel

Everybody just assumes it means something else, which in its own way is alot of fun.
But truthfully it is just my name.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #526 on: May 06, 2006, 07:52:59 PM »

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #527 on: May 06, 2006, 11:30:55 PM »
 :D hahahahahahahahahahaha  240 for president!!

I especially like the addition of weedoutheweak to the video.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #528 on: May 06, 2006, 11:41:14 PM »
yeah, i think it was a half hour well spent.  i had worked all day and just needed to goof off a bit.  hadn't done one in a while.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #529 on: May 07, 2006, 12:07:06 AM »
Please I hope this isn't Chic after the NOC is such a success and more IFBB guys annouce after the New York Pro.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #530 on: May 07, 2006, 01:10:11 AM »
Please I hope this isn't Chic after the NOC is such a success and more IFBB guys annouce after the New York Pro.
BUUUWWWWWAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Onlyme! Dont kill me! My abs explode!!

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #531 on: May 07, 2006, 06:28:44 AM »
Not necessarily...The PDI would first have to actually have a few shows just to establish that they'll be around for longer than a few minutes....

They then would have to have contracts or prize money high enough to lure some of the top guys over to their fed....

As far as I know...no athletes are being offered guaranteed contracts to switch over to the PDI...just the chance to compete for a few $30K purses....

McMahon actually PAID guys to come over to the WBF...big difference.

chick, you forget that demillia has already stated that he is not after the top tier pros.
the concept of the PDI is to cater to the more aesthetic bodybuilder (mostly found in the current 2nd tier)
when the IFBB is no longer the best game in town, then they'll have to change their $ distribution

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #532 on: May 07, 2006, 06:36:16 AM »

Better hopw it aint Wayne...!

You seem to think I'm looking for the PDI to fail...I'm not. I hope it's a rousing success and that all the athletes participating in it make some major bank. All the power...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: May 07, 2006, 06:39:52 AM »
Hey Bob...off topic...just curious...does your recent win qualify you for the Olympia,and if so are you going to do it?

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #534 on: May 07, 2006, 06:41:14 AM »
yeah, i think it was a half hour well spent.  i had worked all day and just needed to goof off a bit.  hadn't done one in a while.

oh god thats some funny sh*t! good work!  :D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: May 07, 2006, 06:44:32 AM »
Hey Bob...off topic...just curious...does your recent win qualify you for the Olympia,and if so are you going to do it?

Yes it does....

I'll be on the Olympia stage...as the MC.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #536 on: May 07, 2006, 06:46:16 AM »
Yes it does....

I'll be on the Olympia stage...as the MC.

Why are you not going to compete? Have you officially retired?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #537 on: May 07, 2006, 06:59:15 AM »
Because I commited to hosting the show 6 months ago...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #538 on: May 07, 2006, 07:03:10 AM »
Because I commited to hosting the show 6 months ago...

Well that is cool that you honor that,but at the same time the IFBB would have to understand you backing out to compete...I wouldn't think it would be too hard for them to replace you...congrats on your win by the way.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #539 on: May 07, 2006, 07:24:28 AM »
Hate posting at the bottom of a page when other people are exchanging punchlines. Nothing you write gets noticed....
I reckon this is germaine to the discussion, so much so that I'm going to reiterate my diabolical plan.

Lee, please... please read this.

Not my area of expertise, but I just had to chime in on this one.

This is a problem of power... and there is a simple answer to all this, CHANGE THE BALANCE OF POWER!

Step 1:
Get a lawyer to draw up a membership contract which would unionise the competitors: an agreement (in principle) to abide by the rules and regulations (and be a member) of the hypothetical union described in the contract, with a few stipulations:

-the membership of the signed athlete (and the existence of the contract) remains secret till a point in time when at least 75% of all active pro bodybuilders have signed similar contracts

-once the membership requirement has been met the union becomes official and the contract becomes binding

-should the union fail to come into existence in a period of say, one year, the contract becomes null and void

This way you could draw up an ideal contract descibing the kind of union the athletes want, in secret, without anyone ever being any the wiser... until it was too late.

Imagine the hissy fit the Weider brothers would throw if it was suddenly announced that IFBB Pros had unionised, elected their own leadership and three quarters of them had signed binding contracts that forbade them from competing in events that weren't sanctioned by the union. Not only that, the union athletes are legally bound to boycott any event in which non union athletes are competing.

Ask yourself...
Wouldn't it be cool if the athletes union was charging both the promoter and the IFBB a sanctioning fee... wouldn't that be ironic?
How about judges being blackballed by competitors?
How about promoters having to disclose their profit margins to the athletes union?
What about the union setting the prize money?
What about the union demanding prepayment for prizes, seminars, guest appearances, guest posings?

What about the union running and promoting their own shows?

Would we still need the IFBB??

It's that simple you wingeing bitches... just hire The Luke... put this evil genius to work FOR YOU, TODAY!!
I'd take over the IFBB in two weeks.

The Luke

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #540 on: May 07, 2006, 05:41:53 PM »
That would be good.
Is aw STICK IT  the movie today,it was OK but i really enjoyed the way the gymnast turned it around on the judges and they picked the winner of each event.Now if we could do that  :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #541 on: May 07, 2006, 09:01:31 PM »
That would be good.
Is aw STICK IT  the movie today,it was OK but i really enjoyed the way the gymnast turned it around on the judges and they picked the winner of each event.Now if we could do that  :)

Yes besides the hot star, I loved that twist.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #542 on: May 08, 2006, 12:43:54 AM »
Maybe we have a resolution of this discussion then?

Give the extra $50k to me, The Luke, and I'll take over the IFBB in a glorious bloodless coup.

The Luke

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #543 on: May 08, 2006, 07:10:59 AM »
That would be good.

I would shit myself if I seen someone walk over and hand the 1 st place hardware and cheque to someone who was robbed at a pro show.  Your right Lee that only happens in the movies!