Author Topic: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?  (Read 66065 times)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?
« Reply #500 on: May 06, 2006, 02:59:01 PM »
I whole-heartedly agree that there needs to be a true performer-athlete union, but that is extremely unlikely as this point in time.  If Bob can’t even get more then 6 Athletes to show enough interest to even attend a meeting, how can anybody gain enough support to entrench a Union in the IFBB? 

So until then the IFBB (men’s division) has an athlete’s rep, whom is unpaid for his efforts and can only do little things and hopefully build up momentum and support to tackle the big outstanding issues.  If Bob stands up and demands this or that Uncle Ben is just going to wipe the entire position off the map.  This isn’t a Union and has no legal protection.

All the PDI supporters on here complain that Bob is a company man, remember Uncle Ben can decide that the position is not warranted for any reason and terminate the project.  Then who would benefit?  Bob would, it would free up more time to pursue his own career choices, allow him to make more money and to prepare for future shows, if that is his wish.

Please clarify why Bob should focus his attentions on Lee and letting him compete in another federation as opposed to concentrating on making the IFBB more profitable and fair to the majority of the athletes who as of now are loyal to the IFBB.  In other words should the athletes rep forego all other avenues to help Lee?  He is only one man with no staff; he cannot do it all alone.

Bottom line, everybody should stand up and support Bob in his efforts to change the corrupt system instead of trying to submarine his efforts.  Who are you really helping when you do this?

I’m not saying I disagree with the idea that the professional athletes should be allowed to compete in both organizations.  My point his get off your asses and help out to make it a reality if that is what you really want.

HDRCOR do you have a draft copy of that petition ready yet?  I can help word it for you to take to all the other athletes if you like.

Bob should help all athletes be able to compete PDI and IFBB what does it hurt no body looses anything.The pros can make more money if they are let compete both and what is bad with that.

LifterChick

« Reply #501 on: May 06, 2006, 03:04:01 PM »
Your missing my point love,
What I was trying to get across is that the IFBB can and probably will use what ever reason they deem necessary to achieve their goals.  Unless you have really deep pockets your not going to be able to prove your case.  Save your money for something positive.  Buy Adela a new car.

As far as i know i m still an IFBB pro aren't i.

And yes you are still an IFBB pro, and hopefully always will be but we both know the reality here.
Fighting on here with the gentlemen that you want to represent you isn't helping anyone except a few dozen internet trolls. 

Bob should help all athletes be able to compete PDI and IFBB what does it hurt no body looses anything.The pros can make more money if they are let compete both and what is bad with that.

Absolutely nothing if he believes that the PDI is a viable future.  If he believes the PDI is going to go the way of the WBF then encouraging athletes to join their ranks is a step backward, because then they are going to have to come back to Ben with their tails between their legs or quit competing.  Focusing on fixing the IFBB isn't a bad thing either.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #502 on: May 06, 2006, 03:08:13 PM »
Your missing my point love,
What I was trying to get across is that the IFBB can and probably will use what ever reason they deem necessary to achieve their goals.  Unless you have really deep pockets your not going to be able to prove your case.  Save your money for something positive.  Buy Adela a new car.

ALREADY DID THAT

And yes you are still an IFBB pro, and hopefully always will be but we both know the reality here.
Fighting on here with the gentlemen that you want to represent you isn't helping anyone except a few dozen internet trolls. 
IS HE REPRESENTING ME.MMMMMMM

Absolutely nothing if he believes that the PDI is a viable future.  If he believes the PDI is going to go the way of the WBF then encouraging athletes to join their ranks is a step backward, because then they are going to have to come back to Ben with their tails between their legs or quit competing.  Focusing on fixing the IFBB isn't a bad thing either.

AND IF IT FAILED BIG DEAL WHY SHOULD THEY HAVE THEIR TALES BETWEEN THEIR LEGS.JUST LET THEM COMPETE IN ANY ORGANIZATION TO MAKE MONEY.

LifterChick

« Reply #503 on: May 06, 2006, 03:12:07 PM »
AND IF IT FAILED BIG DEAL WHY SHOULD THEY HAVE THEIR TALES BETWEEN THEIR LEGS.JUST LET THEM COMPETE IN ANY ORGANIZATION TO MAKE MONEY.

In a perfect world this would be the case.  But until Ben dies in a horrible depends accident it just isn't going to happen.  Maybe if more top tier athletes join you the IFBB will bend.  I just don't see it happening. Do you?

Care to buy me a car then?  ;D

LifterChick

« Reply #504 on: May 06, 2006, 03:16:03 PM »
Honestly I don't have a solution for this dilemma.
But I do know that the change must come from within the IFBB itself, and right now supporting Bob is the best chance there is.  Come to think of it, it is the only chance.

I'm thinking I am not on Lee and Adela's Christmas card list anymore.  :'(

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: May 06, 2006, 03:26:39 PM »
Its no secret shit i will tell you BB.COM  has given me a few thousand here and there to put their logo on the dragster for races i have done.

Lee

Nothing wrong with that...why is that an issue? Racing is expensive...everyone who races goes after sponsors.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: May 06, 2006, 03:45:17 PM »

Why would someone put stories in between their legs? ???

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #507 on: May 06, 2006, 04:03:14 PM »
IFBB probodybuilders are independent contractors. they are not in sports.

independent contractor = divide and conquer!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: May 06, 2006, 04:07:56 PM »

hardy har har.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #509 on: May 06, 2006, 04:08:17 PM »
independent contractor = divide and conquer!
you got it...sweetheart deals for some...nothing for others

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: May 06, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »
hardy har har.

I'm a comic genius ;D

LifterChick

« Reply #511 on: May 06, 2006, 04:17:47 PM »

Oh come on.
I am sure many of you guys have put a magazine or two between your legs one time or another.
That is Alexxx's favourite position.  Alexxx on top, girl in magazine. 
 :-* :-*

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #512 on: May 06, 2006, 04:41:52 PM »
Lee, please... please read this.

Not my area of expertise, but I just had to chime in on this one.

This is a problem of power... and there is a simple answer to all this, CHANGE THE BALANCE OF POWER!

Step 1:
Get a lawyer to draw up a membership contract which would unionise the competitors: an agreement (in principle) to abide by the rules and regulations (and be a member) of the hypothetical union described in the contract, with a few stipulations:

-the membership of the signed athlete (and the existence of the contract) remains secret till a point in time when at least 75% of all active pro bodybuilders have signed similar contracts

-once the membership requirement has been met the union becomes official and the contract becomes binding

-should the union fail to come into existence in a period of say, one year, the contract becomes null and void

This way you could draw up an ideal contract descibing the kind of union the athletes want, in secret, without anyone ever being any the wiser... until it was too late.

Imagine the hissy fit the Weider brothers would throw if it was suddenly announced that IFBB Pros had unionised, elected their own leadership and three quarters of them had signed binding contracts that forbade them from competing in events that weren't sanctioned by the union. Not only that, the union athletes are legally bound to boycott any event in which non union athletes are competing.

Ask yourself...
Wouldn't it be cool if the athletes union was charging both the promoter and the IFBB a sanctioning fee... wouldn't that be ironic?
How about judges being blackballed by competitors?
How about promoters having to disclose their profit margins to the athletes union?
What about the union setting the prize money?
What about the union demanding prepayment for prizes, seminars, guest appearances, guest posings?

What about the union running and promoting their own shows?

Would we still need the IFBB??

It's that simple you wingeing bitches... just hire The Luke... put this evil genius to work FOR YOU, TODAY!!
I'd take over the IFBB in two weeks.

The Luke

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #513 on: May 06, 2006, 05:30:48 PM »
Thanks, Blonde also. I wasn't always a stripper.  I used to be an EMT-A until I burned out.  Stripping is my brain dead, no stress alternative for now.

You're a woman??

Oops.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: May 06, 2006, 05:31:54 PM »
Maybe, unless they do a paternity test and find out that God was not the father :'(

LOL 

I've been wanting a paternity test, too, but both my Jewish and gentile brethren hath given me shit for that.   

LifterChick

« Reply #515 on: May 06, 2006, 05:55:08 PM »
You're a woman??

Oops.

I was when I woke up this morning, I hope I still am.
I'm off to have a shower I'll check again for you.
 :-* :-*

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #516 on: May 06, 2006, 06:29:36 PM »
chick, you don't seem to realize (or been told not acknowledge)
that the PDI will force the IFBB to up its game (prize money), just like the WBF did.

Not necessarily...The PDI would first have to actually have a few shows just to establish that they'll be around for longer than a few minutes....

They then would have to have contracts or prize money high enough to lure some of the top guys over to their fed....

As far as I know...no athletes are being offered guaranteed contracts to switch over to the PDI...just the chance to compete for a few $30K purses....

McMahon actually PAID guys to come over to the WBF...big difference.

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #517 on: May 06, 2006, 06:38:52 PM »
Not necessarily...The PDI would first have to actually have a few shows just to establish that they'll be around for longer than a few minutes....

They then would have to have contracts or prize money high enough to lure some of the top guys over to their fed....

As far as I know...no athletes are being offered guaranteed contracts to switch over to the PDI...just the chance to compete for a few $30K purses....

McMahon actually PAID guys to come over to the WBF...big difference.

White vato straight crunk on that haterade ese.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #518 on: May 06, 2006, 06:40:52 PM »
Until we either see a pic, or someone completely credible on here vouches for you, we'll have to assume you're Sarcasm in drag.  ::)

I'll agree with that.

Seems pretty gimmick to me

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: May 06, 2006, 06:43:22 PM »
Until we either see a pic, or someone completely credible on here vouches for you, we'll have to assume you're Sarcasm in drag.  ::)

That is true, NiceRacq.  It's an internet thing - *everyone* is a guy until 'verified'. 

I will, however, be mindful to use the feminine pronouns when speaking of you in the future.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: May 06, 2006, 06:44:28 PM »

Why would you care so much? ::)

LifterChick

« Reply #521 on: May 06, 2006, 07:20:15 PM »
Okay ask the Rhino, he has seen my picture. 
Which is more then anybody else is going to see on here so don't even bother asking.
Is he credible enough for everybody to stop asking for a photo?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #522 on: May 06, 2006, 07:26:32 PM »
Okay ask the Rhino, he has seen my picture. 
Which is more then anybody else is going to see on here so don't even bother asking.
Is he credible enough for everybody to stop asking for a photo?

No, he's not.  He would need to have met you in person. 

No biggie, though.  I can treat you like an 'internet girl', so long as you understand that most of us believe you're a guy.

LifterChick

« Reply #523 on: May 06, 2006, 07:29:53 PM »
No, he's not.  He would need to have met you in person. 

No biggie, though.  I can treat you like an 'internet girl', so long as you understand that most of us believe you're a guy.

That works for me I guess, people believing I am a guy is "safer" for me.
You guys can think I am a trained poodle if it makes you happy.
I'm just getting tired of people asking for pictures.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: May 06, 2006, 07:32:25 PM »
That works for me I guess, people believing I am a guy is "safer" for me.
You guys can think I am a trained poodle if it makes you happy.
I'm just getting tired of people asking for pictures.

Hard to believe how childish men will sometimes act on the internet. :-\