Author Topic: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?  (Read 66067 times)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Extra 50K - What do you guys think?
« on: May 02, 2006, 10:53:31 AM »
I brought this over here to see the fans input on this topic.

This round would have NO bearing on the final placings, etc. It's purely an entertainment round for the fans to enjoy, and get them involved.

This would replace the "challenge round" that was scrapped (thank GOD!)

Here's how it works:

All the competitors are brought out in a line up

all names are dropped into a bin, two names are drawn out at random

the two competitors pose down against each other for :30 sec (give or take, depending on the ent. value)

the FANS in attendance pick their winner by applause

winner back in line, loser...see you later.

the winners names are thrown back in the mixer, next round....2 names, etc, etc.

This would be done in an elimination format, obviously....

In a field of lets say, 24 guys...it goes from 24 to 12 to 6 to top 3 to a winner voted on by the people.

This whole thing takes less than 1/2 hour...

ANYONE can win, as the numbers are drawn completely random...because it's random, top names will be pulled out against each other (ex. Ronnie/ Jay) someone HAS to win/ lose)

Imaging if two "posers" happen to get called up (Melvin/ Dareem) and start out-doing each other...?

Pose-downs are anything goes...pushing shoving, one -upping, moving around (on stage)...always the most exciting part of a show anyways....

This eliminates the proverbial "same top 6 guys" posing down....again.

This spreads the wealth to 5 more competitors, who may not ordinarily get a dime....

The "underdog" could very wel win the whole thing, as the crowds love them...

No point system, no judges, no boring -ass same mandatory poses we just saw at prejudging...

It's a great way to involve the fans and get the place rockin...i think they deserve it after last years debacle.....

Peter McGough and Robin Chang are all for it......so whats the problem? BEN and JIM MANION. They're wrinkling their nose at it because they're gun shy that THEIR challenge round was a bust....

The money is not an issue....There is $50,000 available to use on the show.

I'm going to Ben as your representative and demanding we get it put in.....I need as much support as I can get from YOU, the athletes

Spread the word right here on our VIP forum, and vote yea, or nay on the "people''s champ"....I'll take it to Ben, and lets start dictating what WE want!!  Call other pro's, have them come here, or PM Ron if they're not on here....and lets see 50-75 names/ votes.

chick

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: EXTRA $50K WHAT DO YOU FANS THINK.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 10:54:35 AM »
This is what i think.

No pay per view? Maybe they should ask Wayne he did a great job for the Arnold.The 50,000 should just be broken up to the athletes from 10th on down.I am getting sick and tired of pros complaining about the IFBB yet still don't do shit.People say i complain and others don't OH YES THEY DO.Behind close doors or around other pro.To scared of being black balled so they don't say crap when push comes to shove.
Example PDI is an opportunity for all pros to make extra money(ALL PROS) so why is it we get suspended or black balled if we compete there?The PDI will not suspend or blackball you for going IFBB or guest posing at another sanctioned event.So why does the IFBB feel the need to do so?They are loosing nothing pros will compete in all shows no matter what affiliation if they can make money and have no fear of being suspended or whatever.
Bob you said the IFBB will not take action till i compete?Well i have qualified for the Olympia and i await my contract to sign as a qualified athlete i should get it way in advance of show so they know i am going to compete right? Cause until i compete PDI  they cannot do anything is that what you said is that their RULE.?
We all have limited time to make money in this sport and the IFBB who is for the athlete knows this so why would they stop you from doing so.Don't think they have your best interest in mind to me.
So i will await my contract cause as i said i want to do the show for the fans and plan on it.

Lee

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 10:56:48 AM »
I brought this over here to see the fans input on this topic.

This round would have NO bearing on the final placings, etc. It's purely an entertainment round for the fans to enjoy, and get them involved.

This would replace the "challenge round" that was scrapped (thank GOD!)

Here's how it works:

All the competitors are brought out in a line up

all names are dropped into a bin, two names are drawn out at random

the two competitors pose down against each other for :30 sec (give or take, depending on the ent. value)

the FANS in attendance pick their winner by applause

winner back in line, loser...see you later.

the winners names are thrown back in the mixer, next round....2 names, etc, etc.

This would be done in an elimination format, obviously....

In a field of lets say, 24 guys...it goes from 24 to 12 to 6 to top 3 to a winner voted on by the people.

This whole thing takes less than 1/2 hour...

ANYONE can win, as the numbers are drawn completely random...because it's random, top names will be pulled out against each other (ex. Ronnie/ Jay) someone HAS to win/ lose)

Imaging if two "posers" happen to get called up (Melvin/ Dareem) and start out-doing each other...?

Pose-downs are anything goes...pushing shoving, one -upping, moving around (on stage)...always the most exciting part of a show anyways....

This eliminates the proverbial "same top 6 guys" posing down....again.

This spreads the wealth to 5 more competitors, who may not ordinarily get a dime....

The "underdog" could very wel win the whole thing, as the crowds love them...

No point system, no judges, no boring -ass same mandatory poses we just saw at prejudging...

It's a great way to involve the fans and get the place rockin...i think they deserve it after last years debacle.....

Peter McGough and Robin Chang are all for it......so whats the problem? BEN and JIM MANION. They're wrinkling their nose at it because they're gun shy that THEIR challenge round was a bust....

The money is not an issue....There is $50,000 available to use on the show.

I'm going to Ben as your representative and demanding we get it put in.....I need as much support as I can get from YOU, the athletes

Spread the word right here on our VIP forum, and vote yea, or nay on the "people''s champ"....I'll take it to Ben, and lets start dictating what WE want!!  Call other pro's, have them come here, or PM Ron if they're not on here....and lets see 50-75 names/ votes.

chick

So this is basically a "Popularity Contest" round.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 11:02:22 AM »
not really, the fans are fair....some have preferences and biases towards certain physiques but it has nothing to do with "popularity".   priest is the most popular bodybuilder probably but i doubt people would vote for him if he was out of shape next to an in-shape dave henry
its comin today

thisiskeith12

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 11:05:52 AM »
not really, the fans are fair....some have preferences and biases towards certain physiques but it has nothing to do with "popularity".   priest is the most popular bodybuilder probably but i doubt people would vote for him if he was out of shape next to an in-shape dave henry

Everyone needs to stop being afraid to speak out. Gather up everyone, agree on things, and make the move. If everyone speaks out a little bit it would help.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 11:12:25 AM »
Awesome idea. I like it but to me the bigger need is more proper judging. It's obvious the judges aren't following the rules of BB. Instead of judges passing in numbers on a number sheet, they should also have to give in WRITTEN explanations on why they placed each of the top 5 (or top 10) where they did. I'll bet you'd quickly be able to determine who knows what they're doing and who doesn't.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 11:14:35 AM »
Good Idea Lee, I think it would be entertaining !!!
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 11:17:41 AM »
IFBB is in for a rude awakening. 
Lee Priest is suddenly making a lot of sense.

Will Bob Chick return the favor and demand that athletes should be allowed by the IFBB to complete in the PDI?  Bob?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 11:19:37 AM »
From what i've seen, Lee just throws these things out with no real intent. He'll end up doing whateva!

JeanPaul

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 11:32:33 AM »
IFBB is in for a rude awakening. 

Will Bob Chick return the favor and demand that athletes should be allowed by the IFBB to complete in the PDI?  Bob?

My post will probably get deleted just like other 2 (right Chic?), but 240 you are wrong to think that Chic will do anything for the athletes. Bob is a company slut (oops, i ment company man) and just like Shawn he will do whats best for him, especially now that he is a chump (oops again, I ment Champ) and "retired".
Love or hate Priest, you have to respect him for having balls to stand up to IFBB, Bob, AMI, Weiders, basically the MOB where Bob is a puppet that will do as he told.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 11:46:32 AM »
I think this "popularity contest" is really a bad idea....
You want to give some money to an underdog? Draw a number at random like in a lottery and make him happy.
Or rather you want to add an entertainment round? Bring a bench press on stage and the bber who's able to lift the highest weight for 10 full range clean reps takes the 50K!

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 11:49:30 AM »
i like lees idea more than a benchpress contest, all u need is someone to tear something on stage

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 11:56:12 AM »
You want to give some money to an underdog? Draw a number at random like in a lottery and make him happy.
Or rather you want to add an entertainment round? Bring a bench press on stage and the bber who's able to lift the highest weight for 10 full range clean reps takes the 50K!

A bench press contest? What next a squat contest and a contest to see who dumbbell curls the most?

This isn't powerlifting, a randomly drawn pose off is a far better idea.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 12:03:23 PM »
A bench press contest? What next a squat contest and a contest to see who dumbbell curls the most?

This isn't powerlifting, a randomly drawn pose off is a far better idea.

Hehe, in my opinion we can get rid of the whole additional round thing!
But definitely I don't like the idea that a big part of the money goes to the fan preferred athlete regardless of his condition. It would be a perfectly biased thing.
I guess that a real Ronnie fan would cheer for him even if he's off and same thing for everybody else.
Body building is already a quite subjective sport, if it becomes totally arbitrary it will be a total joke.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 12:10:19 PM »

You misread his idea. The $50K could end up going to the same guy that wins the contest, if that's how the fans see it.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 12:14:09 PM »
One problem would be if the 2 competitors are very close and the applause is close as well. The amount of applause cant be judged accurately, so it wouldnt be fair if 2 ppl got identical applauses. Maybe we could use the voting system like they do in 'Who wants to be a millionaire?' (like you press the buzzer that registers your vote for slot A or B)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 12:14:48 PM »

Welcome back Lee, you were a lil off your rocker the last few months, good to see your thinking like a normal human being again
L

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 12:15:01 PM »
You misread his idea. The $50K could end up going to the same guy that wins the contest, if that's how the fans see it.
No, I read perfectly, but probably I didn't explain well....
My point is that fans' opinions are way too biased by definition. If they really want to add an additional round (and I see no real reason for this) they should try to have something more objective that involves real competition.
If you're dealing with fans, there is no way... if they don't like you, you won't get anything, no matter how good you look.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 12:22:10 PM »
Exactly! Why shouldn't IFBB athletes be allowed to compete in the PDI as well if they so choose?  Honestly, the IFBB party line is that "the PDI isn't a threat and will fold if it ever even gets off the ground". Okay, fine... if that's the case, why in god's name would the IFBB need to fine or suspend an athlete for spending a weekend doing a PDI show, if there's "no threat"?  ::)

Competing in both would only be beneficial for the athletes, so there's no reason in the world why the athlete's rep shouldn't support it.

But, we all know Bob "company man" Chick will either ignore the question, or be on here spouting some rationalization of behalf of his IFBB masters.  ::)

(Assuming, of course, that my post doesn't just get deleted by Bob)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 12:26:31 PM »
Lee I think you're bang on.  The joke is that bodybuilding is not profitable at all for those who sacrifice enough to take part in it at the pro level, unless of course they are among a few elites...  A BBing contest should be like pro golf or tennis where all participants get some small amount of money, or say the top 25 get paid...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 12:35:11 PM »
You want to make a huge impact.  Lee has qualified for the Olympia.  He has not recieved his contract yet.  He should recieve it soon I would think since some type of "breach of contract" could be held against the IFBB since Lee has qualified.  So lets say Lee has signed the contract.  He now is in the Olympia.  But, he wants to do the NOC.  But, if he does the NOC then the IFBB will not let him compete in the Olympia.  If they refuse to let Lee compete in the Olympia, the fans could make a huge impact on everything.  The fans should simply not go to the Olympia.  Go to the expo but boycott the Olympia.  The expo is the fun part of any BB show anyway.  You'll be able to see all your favorite BB's there have fun, get free stuff and it only costs $10.  This would be a way for the fans to show their support for the pros.  Until the IFBB lets their pros compete in both their events and the PDI events then just don't support the IFBB.  

Lets say no fans go to the show (any IFBB show).  The promoter will lose money and not be able to pay the prize money.  So the IFBB and Manion has to step in to pay the prize money.  SO no matter what the athletes will get paid.  SO they don't lose.  Lets say the show gets cancelled.  The sponsors want to stick there money somewhere in a show, they will (and are already) stick more into PDI shows which will be more fun and entertaiing and allow larger purses for the pros.  The fans have to get invovled to make a difference.  This could be a good start

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
Another thing I like about Lee is how he mentioned the not speaking out because of fear of getting black balled.  That is 100% true.  After the Natural Products show in Anaheim I talked to two pros who told me the same thing and how much the pros were talking about the PDI and their concept and Wayne.  That's too bad and it's real.  It happens all the time.  That is the real reason why CHic doesn't receive the kind of repsonse from the pros as he should.  Lee is one of the few who makes money outside of BB.  He had an "out" if he gets black-balled.  He doesn't rely on the IFBB for his major income.  So he can speak out and say things other pros are afraid to say.  Good Job Lee.  Also, Lee what size t-shirt you wear.  I have to send you some shirts, I can get your address from Wayne

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »

Hahahahaha....my thoughts exactly, Bindare_Dundat ;D

Brian_Bullman

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • By Effort Acheive
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 01:13:38 PM »
What a load of crap, the challenge round was a load of shit anyway to begin with and so is this idea. This is bodybuilding not wrestling. Bring it back to the normal way!!!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 01:22:16 PM »
Way too little. Way too late.

The sport of competitive Professional Bodybuilding is on it's last breath... it's in a coma. No amount of tweaking or tuning can change that. I'm not saying it can't continue to exist, it just can't be brought back to consciousness.

The hardcore fans will always buy the supplement & magazines. The promoters will continue to make their nickels & dimes. The perverts will continue to enjoy their private posing sessions. None of that will go away.

It's 20 years too late to liven things up. Don't change a thing. Putting a fancy dress & lipstick on a pig and calling it a hog won't make Mr. & Mrs. Smith buy any more bacon. Just leave it like it is.

Best of luck with PDI.
a