Author Topic: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?  (Read 66063 times)

sandstone

• Getbig II
Re: EXTRA $50K WHAT DO YOU FANS THINK.
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006, 01:41:55 PM »
Lee please dont drop out of the NOC! i just bought 2 tickets!!

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006, 01:43:09 PM »
The IFBB/AMI should be concentrating on bringing the Olympia back to it's former level, not trying to add gimmick rounds to the show.  Get rid of the WWE antics, act professional, let Jim Manion run the press conference, and rehearse everything before you go live (especially the night show).  That can all be done this year.  The following year, look for a new venue where the contest, expo, and hotel are together. 

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 01:53:25 PM »
Stop whining!  Let's hope the PDI does show some form of success so we will have a choice as oppose to the same damn olympia for the last three years.  I have been following bodybuilding since before the 2002 Olympia and besides Gustavo, Victor, Gunter, Branch (sort of) the game hasn't changed one bit.  It is like wrestling because wrestling fans have been fed the same WWE crap since WCW was bought out by them. Same thing with the IFBB.  When the WBF came around it actually signed athletes to contracts which in turned changed the industry where now todays' pros and amateurs can make a living off of bodybuilding (Chick).  So competition makes everyone better and us as fans should welcome it.  I hope more people jump to PDI.  I bet everyone would love to see Ronnie/Jay 5.  More tired than Rocky movies.
Truly STOP WHINING

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 02:01:52 PM »
Its a fantastic idea and would really liven up the show. Too often the evening show is boring, and unless you're pretty close to the stage a bit redundant. Can you imagine fan faves Lee and Ruhl posing off, or Ronnie and Dex, Gunter and Jay etc etc? Or the contrast between Darrem and James? The unexpected element is great, gauranteed excitment! And its great that everyone would be involved, no more standing back watching the inevitable Ronnie, Jay and Baddell.
Well done Chick, the fans will love this. Do your best to get the other pros on board. Bribe, blackmail or threaten them - just do it!

LBoomer

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 03:52:32 PM »
Well at least they trashed the stupid challenge round.  ;D

This new idea is really just asking for more problems though. Judging it off of crowd applause would be a disaster. It would be easy when you get Big Ron up against Kris Dim, but get Ron against Jay, or Gunter against Gustavo and it will be simply a judgement call by someone on stage. The only way this would work is to equip each seat with some sort of electronic voting device but to do that you would use up the extra $50k in equipment rental. Just use the $50k to sweeten the prize money for the lower placings, or use it to get a better production together.

As for IFBB not letting pros that compete in the PDI events compete in IFBB events, that is really a bunch of crap. Chick, you should be concentrating more on this issue that the fluffball challenge round crap. The IFBB doesn't own the rights to the pros, they just sanction events. If they want exclusivity, then they need to put the pros under a season contract and pay them for it (like the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB do).

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2006, 03:56:27 PM »
 It's not that it's a bad idea, but I can see us complaining that the crowd was biased. Cries of racism will be just around the corner ;D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2006, 04:24:31 PM »
Bob, this idea sucks.

Jay's response from the VIP board...LOL.
w

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »
Jay's response from the VIP board...LOL.
hahahaha, good for you jay.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2006, 04:45:20 PM »
hahahaha, good for you jay.

At least Bob actually cares. Jay is successful enough that he doesn't have to concern himself with the fates of fellow pros.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2006, 05:47:12 PM »
At least Bob actually cares. Jay is successful enough that he doesn't have to concern himself with the fates of fellow pros.

And this is where the problem lies.Unless the bigger name pros do care nothing will change.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2006, 05:49:20 PM »
And this is where the problem lies.Unless the bigger name pros do care nothing will change.

Unfortunately, you are one of the few big name pros, possibly the only one, to say anything :-\

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2006, 05:51:10 PM »
Chick
The Pros
Getbig IV

sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

Re: Extra $50K round in the Olympia- vote
« Reply #43 on: Today at 05:35:48 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW...Thanks Lee for putting this out there on the regular board. If I wanted it on the gossip/ opinions board, I wouldve done it myself.

Maybe you missed the memo...the items on THIS board is for people who have access to it ONLY. I posted it here to get PRO'S and EXPERT'S opinions, not hear from the peanut gallery...

FROM  BOB TO ME.

BOB WHAT YOU FORGET IT IS THE PEANUT GALLERY YOU SO CALL IT. THESE  ARE FANS OF THE SPORT NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAYON HERE SO WHY NOT LET THEM READ IT.SCREW THE VIP BOARD ALOAD OF CRAP  BOARD MORE LIKE IT.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2006, 05:52:05 PM »
Chick
The Pros
Getbig IV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW...Thanks Lee for putting this out there on the regular board. If I wanted it on the gossip/ opinions board, I wouldve done it myself.

Maybe you missed the memo...the items on THIS board is for people who have access to it ONLY. I posted it here to get PRO'S and EXPERT'S opinions, not hear from the peanut gallery...

FROM  BOB TO ME.

BOB WHAT YOU FORGET IT IS THE PEANUT GALLERY YOU SO CALL IT. THESE  ARE FANS OF THE SPORT NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAYON HERE SO WHY NOT LET THEM READ IT.SCREW THE VIP BOARD ALOAD OF CRAP  BOARD MORE LIKE IT.

Did Bob really write that? :'(

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2006, 05:54:15 PM »
UMMM YESSS.
THATS FROM THE COMPANY BOARD :)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2006, 05:57:15 PM »
UMMM YESSS.
THATS FROM THE COMPANY BOARD :)

Tell him to be careful about what he says or he might lose fans. :-\

Bob Bonham

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »
Take the money and spread it around. Can yo u imagine the fans getting behind the last place guy for some fun and applauding him to first. What a joke that becomes.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2006, 06:04:41 PM »
And that's where they loose sight.They get rapped in money ,money is good but not the be all and end all.I have said the IFBB can let me do the Olympia place me fair and keep their money i will be there competing totally for the fans nothing else.So what does the IFBB loose with me doing both shows?

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2006, 06:08:34 PM »
Your awesome Lee great idea. And to avoid contriversy about who gets the most crowd responce you could place a decabel meter. They use this in australian rules football for the richmond football club (the tigers) when your at a game and it has a crowd meter for when they get a goal and if the meter gets to 100 a tiger comes on the screen and roars it sounds lame but it really gets the crowd into it. I personally think this idea would work wonders. NO BULLSHIT about the results. What do you think Lee? ;D

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2006, 06:08:58 PM »
Chick
The Pros
Getbig IV

FROM  BOB TO ME.

thank god for lee priest!
lee i know you could give 2 shits , but im betting you picked up quite a few new fans because of your rebellious attitude on these boards!

praise the priest!

thisiskeith12

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2006, 06:12:57 PM »
lee i know you could give 2 shits , but im betting you picked up quite a few new fans because of your rebellious attitude on these boards!

praise the priest!

Good thing Ron provides the VIP forum for athlete's to discuss. 

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2006, 06:13:21 PM »
lee i know you could give 2 shits , but I'm betting you picked up quite a few new fans because of your rebellious attitude on these boards!

praise the priest!

Thanks but i am not trying to be rebellious.Just trying to be fair and see the sport change for the good.Seems anytime you speak your mind in this sport you are blackballed or labled a trouble maker.Many times i have been told to bite my lip and go along and play the game.HEY I WILL PLAY THE GAME AS LONG AS IT IS PLAYED FAIR.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2006, 06:14:44 PM »
Did Bob really write that? :'(

Certainly there is an explanation for this!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2006, 06:17:09 PM »
I wonder how many pros would compete for free?  That says a lot about Lee.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2006, 06:21:16 PM »
"Maybe you missed the memo...the items on THIS board is for people who have access to it ONLY. I posted it here to get PRO'S and EXPERT'S opinions, not hear from the peanut gallery..."

Bob, is the money that those of us from the "peanut gallery" spend on magazines, supplements, DVDs and tickets as worthless as our opinions?

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2006, 06:22:32 PM »
I wonder how many pros would compete for free?  That says a lot about Lee.

Well, last year when he dropped from the Olympia didn't seem so concerned about his fans...
There is a not so subtle distinction between words and facts.