Author Topic: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?  (Read 66591 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2006, 10:26:55 AM »
My thoughts.....

Bob is an idiot for calling any fan of bodybuilding on this message board any names (bad business practice).  Since I assume (for one reason or another) or why would we be here.  I am not a fan of soccer, so you wouldn't see me post on a soccer meassage board & trolling it for fun.  Not a smart move Bob. 

Now...I read pretty much everything & other than Bob's dumb comment about us being a peanut gallery, his idea isn't half bad.  I see Lee's point but honestly, Chick came up with a half way decent idea.  It personally doesn't involve me, but I can see how a lot of Pro's would like the idea.  I think sometimes you guys on here are riding Chicks nut sack a little too tight.  This was just an idea & may never even become reality.  Although I don't agree with everything he says, there's some things where I believe he's made some advancements for the Pro Bodybuilders.  Look how far this industry has come in 30-40 years.  Sure it could be a lot better, but seriously guys....were talking about bodybuilding.  It's a damn pageant show on gear.  It's lucky that it's come this far.

Lee Priest....after reading a lot of his stuff....he's my favorite personality on the Pro Scene.   Tells it the way it is & holds nothing back.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2006, 10:44:25 AM »
I'm not speaking for Bob, but feel that he was justified in wanting to keep this potential plan under wraps until all the details had been worked out. 

It's RARE that the pros get to have any input into what goes into one of their shows, so he made a legitimate effort to handle this situation the right way.  The fact that it's turned into a small circus merely proves that his original feelings were right on. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2006, 10:51:09 AM »
atleast it demonstrates he's thinking about new ideas

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2006, 10:55:07 AM »
I'm not speaking for Bob, but feel that he was justified in wanting to keep this potential plan under wraps until all the details had been worked out. 

It's RARE that the pros get to have any input into what goes into one of their shows, so he made a legitimate effort to handle this situation the right way.  The fact that it's turned into a small circus merely proves that his original feelings were right on. 

Good point, Tre!

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2006, 11:06:07 AM »
We have to be careful, or what? The hardcore fans will show no matter what. The prize money will stay the same unless change is initiated. 
I wouldn't always count on the hardcore fans showing up.  We've stayed with the show the last couple years in hopes that it will get better. 

Really? Then why did we sell the room out the last 2 years? Yeah, the fans asking "how many chicken breasts do you eat.." and "What do you bench..." style questions had everone on the edge of their seats...

The room was packed last year because it was tiny.  Just as many or more people were at the press conference when it was the old format.  It's important that the IFBB/AMI have a presence at the press conference and not hide away.   

Yeah, why would it work? It's only worked for EVERY OTHER sporting event on the planet. Poker, UFC, WWE, ice skating, etc....speaking of which...did you know the Nancy Kerrigan/ Tonya Harding match up drew a record number of viewers (over 10X the reg. numbers) due to the attack and subsequent storyline?
I'm sure if Ronnie was hit in the knee by a fat guy with a baton as he left the stage, that would be huge news.  But, you can't force that kind of drama or it looks phony.  Past attempts at putting bodybuilding on TV have not been presented well, including bad camera work and announcers talking over the posing music.  This should be the focus of improvement, not changing the format or staging controversy.   

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2006, 11:08:14 AM »
I wouldn't always count on the hardcore fans showing up.  We've stayed with the show the last couple years in hopes that it will get better. 

The room was packed last year because it was tiny.  Just as many or more people were at the press conference when it was the old format.  It's important that the IFBB/AMI have a presence at the press conference and not hide away.   
I'm sure if Ronnie was hit in the knee by a fat guy with a baton as he left the stage, that would be huge news.  But, you can't force that kind of drama or it looks phony.  Past attempts at putting bodybuilding on TV have not been presented well, including bad camera work and announcers talking over the posing music.  This should be the focus of improvement, not changing the format or staging controversy.   

Poor quality presentation helps lend bodybuilding its underdog charm. ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2006, 12:08:02 PM »
I'm sure if you walked up to Bob at an expo or a show he would be courteous and professional. The shitbirds who constantly ride him here don't deserve respect. The constant fvcking nit-picking of every word that he (or any pro) posts is pathetic.

Sorry but ANYONE in the public appearance will do the same thing.  That is what they are paid for.  Very rarely does anyone in the spotlight act bad while actually doing a personal appearance.  Understand that, cause that is a fact.  As far as I am concerned I like Chic's open attitude but he does need to learn to control his emotions and anger.  You can tell very easily he loses it quick and that is not a good trait to have, especially when you are spokesperson, in the public eye and endorse products.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2006, 12:09:27 PM »
Sorry but ANYONE in the public appearance will do the same thing.  That is what they are paid for.  Very rarely does anyone in the spotlight act bad while actually doing a personal appearance.  Understand that, cause that is a fact.  As far as I am concerned I like Chic's open attitude but he does need to learn to control his emotions and anger.  You can tell very easily he loses it quick and that is not a good trait to have, especially when you are spokesperson, in the public eye and endorse products.

I don't think people should be held to the same standards online that they are in person. It's really a separate realm with its own rules and expectations.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2006, 12:11:35 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the announcers have to talk over the music to avoid copyright infringement(cheap IFBB). But Joe Amato is still a dildo. I agree 1000% that the camera work is horrible. It's not just the cameras. The whole production sucks, technically speaking.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2006, 12:14:41 PM »
But it seems to show one's true feelings, they are just easier to express because there are no consequences.

But people also express feelings that aren't really there or exaggerate their true feelings. I see your point, though. Sometimes it is much better not to know what someone is really thinking ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2006, 12:14:58 PM »
I don't think people should be held to the same standards online that they are in person. It's really a separate realm with its own rules and expectations.

My thoughts exactly. Also what he posted was not meant for general consumption, Lee(the cock)Priest Showed poor form by posting it. I'm sure pro athletes in every sport have some choice things to say about fans, behind closed doors.

LifterChick

« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2006, 01:17:38 PM »
Personally I think it is a rather dumb idea, but the Peanut Gallery comment was and is out of line. I think the Great Bob owes us little people a little respect.  What everybody has been saying on her is true.  We are the backbone of the sport.

Be a man and gives us an apology.
I don’t care if you write it off too a bad hair day, your hair cream has expired, not getting enough, can’t keep up with the young GF.  Whatever, but do the right thing, you were out of line.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2006, 01:48:07 PM »
My thoughts exactly. Also what he posted was not meant for general consumption, Lee(the cock)Priest Showed poor form by posting it. I'm sure pro athletes in every sport have some choice things to say about fans, behind closed doors.

Who's side are you on anyway?  It certainly does not sound like the side of the fans.  So you're sure pro athletes have something to say about fans behind closed doors, huh?  You make it sound like that makes it ok.  If there were no fans, there would be no sport, period.  If you want to continue living as a fief to the athlete's lord, go ahead.  I have more respect for myself than that.  I don't have time for people that think they're better than everybody, especially just because they're an athlete.  Sure, some of these people are pros on here and get worshipped. but we're all equal human beings that deserved to be treated with respect.

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2006, 02:01:39 PM »
But people also express feelings that aren't really there or exaggerate their true feelings. I see your point, though. Sometimes it is much better not to know what someone is really thinking ;D

You do this with every post of yours.  lol..

Although one person ribbed you about it, I think that you do this purposefully.  He takes you seriously when you are only half serious at best.  And I doubt that you  yourself have figured out which half you actually believe in...:D  cause it really doesn't matter much, if at all, to you.  ::)

It is kind of fun and I look forward to reading your posts.  As you flip flop on just about every issue and agree with both sides of the argument within the same thread!  It does appear true that you don't often know what you are talking about but you stick it out there nonetheless.  It's great. 

I do think you have talent for this sort of writing; i do see you as wasting that talent on this board.  It would be a shame if you were spending all your time here simply to entertain me and a few others when you could be doing something more productful ( financially or otherwise self-fulfilling ).

I'd kind of miss your contribution but I think that you'd be successful in other artistic pursuits.  You can Define success in whichever way floats your boat.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2006, 02:03:06 PM »
Who's side are you on anyway?  It certainly does not sound like the side of the fans.  So you're sure pro athletes have something to say about fans behind closed doors, huh?  You make it sound like that makes it ok.  If there were no fans, there would be no sport, period.  If you want to continue living as a fief to the athlete's lord, go ahead.  I have more respect for myself than that.  I don't have time for people that think they're better than everybody, especially just because they're an athlete.  Sure, some of these people are pros on here and get worshipped. but we're all equal human beings that deserved to be treated with respect.
I'm on my side.

I'm not defending Bob here, but calling this place "The Peanut gallery" is actually being a little generous, for all the shit he takes here. I'm just as guilty as the next man,but I'm not a thin skinned little homo.If you think Pro athletes don't have a few laughs at the fans expense you are beyond naive. And as far as worshipping at some pros feet, please,youv'e got to be kidding. I put nothing on this earth above myself, much less some juiced up asswipe.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2006, 02:40:07 PM »

Private board for Chick??? Now that is really, really funny. It is a board for the people who have earned Blue Stars, not for Chick!

I guess you missed the "and 15 schmoes" part.

Ron, is this this new esoteric board subsidized by bb.com ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2006, 03:14:42 PM »
Special Guests are allowed to view the new board also.

I think the Special Guest card might be the best way to get into the VIP Room ;)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2006, 03:21:29 PM »
You do this with every post of yours.  lol..

Although one person ribbed you about it, I think that you do this purposefully.  He takes you seriously when you are only half serious at best.  And I doubt that you  yourself have figured out which half you actually believe in...:D  cause it really doesn't matter much, if at all, to you.  ::)

It is kind of fun and I look forward to reading your posts.  As you flip flop on just about every issue and agree with both sides of the argument within the same thread!  It does appear true that you don't often know what you are talking about but you stick it out there nonetheless.  It's great. 

I do think you have talent for this sort of writing; i do see you as wasting that talent on this board.  It would be a shame if you were spending all your time here simply to entertain me and a few others when you could be doing something more productful ( financially or otherwise self-fulfilling ).

I'd kind of miss your contribution but I think that you'd be successful in other artistic pursuits.  You can Define success in whichever way floats your boat.

Thank you for the complements ;D I have heard some people say good things about my writing before. I think it's decent and I try to make realistics assessments about my abilities. I didn't know I flip-flopped so much on here, but that is me in real life as well. It's not intentional. Don't worry about me wasting too much time on this board. I have an obsessive personality and I'll eventually tire of posting here. I'm about to graduate too ,so I will definitely have different priorities soon. ;D

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2006, 04:19:43 PM »
  Thank you for the complements ;D I have heard some people say good things about my writing before. I think it's decent and I try to make realistics assessments about my abilities. I didn't know I flip-flopped so much on here, but that is me in real life as well. It's not intentional. Don't worry about me wasting too much time on this board. I have an obsessive personality and I'll eventually tire of posting here. I'm about to graduate too ,so I will definitely have different priorities soon. ;D

I really do wish you well in life lucius- and whatever other personality you have on this board.  You seem to post within 5 minutes or so of another member so I am thinking you are either friends of this guy or are in fact that particular handle.  thus my earlier comment ( about someone else ) of " the sound of one hand clapping ". 

I won't be worrying about you. 

take care.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2006, 05:02:20 PM »
I'm on my side.

I'm not defending Bob here, but calling this place "The Peanut gallery" is actually being a little generous, for all the shit he takes here. I'm just as guilty as the next man,but I'm not a thin skinned little homo.If you think Pro athletes don't have a few laughs at the fans expense you are beyond naive. And as far as worshipping at some pros feet, please,youv'e got to be kidding. I put nothing on this earth above myself, much less some juiced up asswipe.

Yes, I suppose you consider Bob saying "99% of the people on here aren't fans" a generous statement as well.  And yes I know that pros are probably laughing their asses off at fans left and right, I'm not naive, I'm just saying it's not right considering the position that they're in versus the fan.  I don't want to be lumped into a group that's includes vindictive, ignorant, "thin-skinned little homos" as you called them.  But that's what Bob is doing. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2006, 05:05:04 PM »
Only someones individual posts put them in a particular category.

No one gets"lumped" in...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2006, 05:10:03 PM »

Bob, do you regret using the term "peanut gallery" to describe what you estimated to be "99% of getbig members"?

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2006, 05:10:23 PM »

Ok then please keep me out of this group, I have shown nothing but utmost respect to any pro on here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2006, 05:14:52 PM »
Bob, do you regret telling us that you had access to our personal information garnered from BBing.com sales?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2006, 05:17:44 PM »
I really do wish you well in life lucius- and whatever other personality you have on this board.  You seem to post within 5 minutes or so of another member so I am thinking you are either friends of this guy or are in fact that particular handle.  thus my earlier comment ( about someone else ) of " the sound of one hand clapping ". 

I won't be worrying about you. 

take care.

I only have one account. Considering how much I post, to do otherwise would be impossible. ;D