Author Topic: Dorian Yates kicks Ronnie's ass Hulkster is a punk Bitch and fuck any truce  (Read 3157220 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Hulkster I'm calling for a Truce
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2006, 03:47:34 PM »
Ronnie lost to Dorian with ' superior ' arms , quads , aesthetics ( lol ) a much smaller waist , ' superior ' delts , taper , etc and you think with improved conditioning ( and gyno ) he's gonna magically pull a rabbit out of his hat and beat Dorian lol keep dreaming

yes - and name recognition. Politics played a lot into Ronnie's slow rise to the top.  Why do you think he was not even considered for the first callout of the 1998 Olympia?  He was overlooked because he was not a "big name"

If you compare the Ronnie of 96/7 to the Ronnie of 98/9 you will notice that the difference in conditioning that you dismiss is astounding - it makes a huge difference.

And you also ignore the small but significant size gains that Ronnie made.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2006, 03:52:15 PM »
yes - and name recognition. Politics played a lot into Ronnie's slow rise to the top.  Why do you think he was not even considered for the first callout of the 1998 Olympia?  He was overlooked because he was not a "big name"

If you compare the Ronnie of 96/7 to the Ronnie of 98/9 you will notice that the difference in conditioning that you dismiss is astounding - it makes a huge difference.

And you also ignore the small but significant size gains that Ronnie made.

Wrong ( again ) look at the 1996 NOC he had cross striations in his quads , his midsection was tight and ripped to shreds , his intercostles amd serattus and obliques were all crisp , in 1998 Chad help him get ride of the water in his problamatic hams & glutes but his conditioning in 96/97 was pretty fucking good .

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »
ronnniiiieeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  dorian or anyone else for that matter cant touch him!!!!  hulkster, fight the good fight, my man!!
d[-_-]b actin all cool

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »
Oh and name regonition? Ronnie was a top tear Pro in 1996 he was winning shows and beat Flex and he was on a roll in 97 but he wasn't a favorite comming into the Olympia because everyone ' knew ' it was Flexs' show .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2006, 04:07:47 PM »
ronnniiiieeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  dorian or anyone else for that matter cant touch him!!!!  hulkster, fight the good fight, my man!!

Spoken like a true fan , there is NO fight at all , Dorian beat Ronnie seven times , its only Coleman fans fantasy , and hey keep clinging to it , thats all you can do .  ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2006, 04:08:19 PM »
ND always has about 4 paragraphs of meandering trivia that loses most people on purpose, then invariably f--- up on the basic logic-Ron blows Dorian "look ma no arms" Yates out the door in all photos. I don't CARE about Weider's politics and who was slated to win, pay attention to the pics..

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2006, 04:09:41 PM »
I can't believe it... another Ronnie vs Dorian thread!
It's understandable when there is actually a close comparison, Shawn vs Kevin vs Flex, Labrada vs Gaspari, but here there is really no story... Ronnie is way better and Dorian agrees. Lee Haney said that Ronnie is worthy to beat his record and he named him as the competitor he would have liked to face.
Besides personal tastes Ronnie's career is longer, he has way more wins, his physique is less flawed, there is really no point in the discussion! Ronnie is also wiser with training...  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2006, 04:10:47 PM »
ND always has about 4 paragraphs of trivia but invariably FU on the basic logic-Ron blows Dorian "look ma no arms" Yates out the door in all photos. I don't CARE about Weider's politics and who was slated to win, pay attention to the pics..

You pay attention to facts and the fact is Dorian beat Ronnie with a torn bicep/tricep and quad and he beat him seven times !!  >:(

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2006, 04:10:53 PM »
No contest. Game, set, match EXCEPT for the data-nerds.

The head-to-head stuff is desperate; Zane beat Schwarzenegger.. ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2006, 04:11:06 PM »
i hate to come in again, but i will.

nd, use any argument you like about who's better, but PLEASE stop using their competitive history against each other. ronnie, by everyone's account except yours, didn't hit his peak until two to four years after dorian retired. you're saying, basically, that 1993 dorian is better than 2001 ronnie because 1996 dorian beat 1996 ronnie. they're different physiques entirely.

dorian was better than ronnie when they competed. no questions asked. that's why he won. now, if ronnie was in 2nd place year after year and then won you could make a case, but the man went from 9th to 1st between 97 and 98, so clearly dorian's retirement wasn't the only thing that bumped him to victory.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2006, 04:13:18 PM »
I can't believe it... another Ronnie vs Dorian thread!
It's understandable when there is actually a close comparison, Shawn vs Kevin vs Flex, Labrada vs Gaspari, but here there is really no story... Ronnie is way better and Dorian agrees. Lee Haney said that Ronnie is worthy to beat his record and he named him as the competitor he would have liked to face.
Besides personal tastes Ronnie's career is longer, he has way more wins, his physique is less flawed, there is really no point in the discussion! Ronnie is also wiser with training...  ;D

Yes Haney said he would like to face him because he was someone he didn't face lol he already competed against Yates lol

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2006, 04:16:12 PM »
Yates-Haney is more interesting because it's closer-the top two tier-2 Olympians head-to-head.. :P

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2006, 04:18:47 PM »
i hate to come in again, but i will.

nd, use any argument you like about who's better, but PLEASE stop using their competitive history against each other. ronnie, by everyone's account except yours, didn't hit his peak until two to four years after dorian retired. you're saying, basically, that 1993 dorian is better than 2001 ronnie because 1996 dorian beat 1996 ronnie. they're different physiques entirely.

dorian was better than ronnie when they competed. no questions asked. that's why he won. now, if ronnie was in 2nd place year after year and then won you could make a case, but the man went from 9th to 1st between 97 and 98, so clearly dorian's retirement wasn't the only thing that bumped him to victory.

Wrong Ronnie was at his ideal bodyweight in 1996 and 1997 he was competing at 245-250lbs in those years , they only he really didn't have was his conditioning ( and gyno ) of 1998 , and at the 2001 ASC Ronnie was 247lbs again around his ideal bodyweight just with better conditioning and thats something Yates never lacked even at his worse , bottom line Ronnie was never good enough to beat Yates who was past his prime when they faced and handicapped with injuries and he still beat Ron , so keep dreaming it was all downhill for Ronnie after the 2001 ASC.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »
Yes Haney said he would like to face him because he was someone he didn't face lol he already competed against Yates lol

lol... you got me on that one!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2006, 04:21:08 PM »
Spoken like a true fan , there is NO fight at all , Dorian beat Ronnie seven times , its only Coleman fans fantasy , and hey keep clinging to it , thats all you can do .  ;)
  haha, yeah.  and im sure the 6th man on the lakers the year michael jordan was 10 years old could have beaten him at one on one!! thats a useless argument!!!.      and ive only been a bodybuilding fan for about three years, so i made up all my desicions on what i saw......not on biased pre conceptions!
d[-_-]b actin all cool

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2006, 04:21:57 PM »
Yates-Haney is more interesting because it's closer-the top two tier-2 Olympians head-to-head.. :P

I wished Haney would have continued to compete , they could have had some epic battles , Yates could have pushed Haney into a new era for his personal best , but if I were him I would have retired he had nothing to gain , he owned the sport for ever he went out on top and the same can't be said for Yates !!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2006, 04:25:25 PM »
  haha, yeah.  and im sure the 6th man on the lakers the year michael jordan was 10 years old could have beaten him at one on one!! thats a useless argument!!!.      and ive only been a bodybuilding fan for about three years, so i made up all my desicions on what i saw......not on biased pre conceptions!

Bad analogy , Ronnie was a top tier Pro in 1996 and 1997 he was winning shows and he was at his best bodyweight , the only thing missing was fantastic conditioning ( i.e. Chad getting Ronnie's once problomatic hams & glutes shredded ) thats why I say you really count Dorian's wins over Ronnie in 1994 & 1995 because Ronnie wasn't himself yet , in 1996 & 1997 he was and lost to a subpar Yates .

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2006, 04:28:33 PM »
Bad analogy , Ronnie was a top tier Pro in 1996 and 1997 he was winning shows and he was at his best bodyweight , the only thing missing was fantastic conditioning ( i.e. Chad getting Ronnie's once problomatic hams & glutes shredded ) thats why I say you really count Dorian's wins over Ronnie in 1994 & 1995 because Ronnie wasn't himself yet , in 1996 & 1997 he was and lost to a subpar Yates .
jordan at 10 might have been ablke to play in the nba!! ;D

HAHA..BUT THAT WASNT RONNIE IN HIS PRIME...RONNIES PRIME WAS THE 2003 MR.O.   OR MAYBE 2004.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2006, 04:28:49 PM »
I'm waiting for Hulkster's long drawn out post rehashing the nonsense he spewed already lol hey I tried for a truce lol

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2006, 04:31:32 PM »
Wrong Ronnie was at his ideal bodyweight in 1996 and 1997 he was competing at 245-250lbs in those years , they only he really didn't have was his conditioning ( and gyno ) of 1998 , and at the 2001 ASC Ronnie was 247lbs again around his ideal bodyweight just with better conditioning and thats something Yates never lacked even at his worse , bottom line Ronnie was never good enough to beat Yates who was past his prime when they faced and handicapped with injuries and he still beat Ron , so keep dreaming it was all downhill for Ronnie after the 2001 ASC.

dude, be reasonable. he was also 245 in 2002, would you say he looked the same that year as he did at the 1996 o or the 2001 asc? no, bodyweight means almost nothing because while ronnie was within 2 pounds of himself in 1996, 1999, and 2002 at the olympia, he looked completely different at all three.

you are the only person i have ever encountered who says ronnie in 1996 was the same as 2001 at the arnold. i'm not even telling you who is better, i'm not even comparing him to dorian at this point because i don't care. i'm just saying that using their competitive history is pointless because all kinds of people beat ronnie early on. flex and levrone both stomped him during the same period, keep in mind.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2006, 04:42:59 PM »
dude, be reasonable. he was also 245 in 2002, would you say he looked the same that year as he did at the 1996 o or the 2001 asc? no, bodyweight means almost nothing because while ronnie was within 2 pounds of himself in 1996, 1999, and 2002 at the olympia, he looked completely different at all three.

you are the only person i have ever encountered who says ronnie in 1996 was the same as 2001 at the arnold. i'm not even telling you who is better, i'm not even comparing him to dorian at this point because i don't care. i'm just saying that using their competitive history is pointless because all kinds of people beat ronnie early on. flex and levrone both stomped him during the same period, keep in mind.

Of course he looked different just based on his conditioning , and I agree his conditioning improved somewhat but overall his physique didn't really change , his porportions basically remained the same , but its not like Ronnie was 220lbs and Yates beat him , Ronnie looked his best at 250lbs over that his physique suffered in balance & proportion as well as a gut , Ronnie had a gut at the 1999 Mr Olympia he was 257lbs , He had a nice gut at the 2001 Olympia where I believe he was 265lbs , the bottom line is if Yates were to meet Coleman the only new thing Ronnie would bring to the table is better conditioning and thats something Yates never lacked in even at his worse , and if thats all he has to offer that wouldn't be enough to beat Yates wwho beat Ronnie when he was at his worse !!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2006, 04:54:23 PM »
This is the bible thumper's strategy-bore em to death with verse aka minutiae..ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z

Pics are worth 1,000 words = 3 ND posts.. ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2006, 05:00:37 PM »
This is the bible thumper's strategy-bore em to death with verse aka minutiae..ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z

Pics are worth 1,000 words = 3 ND posts.. ::)

Typical Ronnie fan lol Yates is offseason untanned , no oil and not complimentary lighting , needless to say he is more than holding his own in that pic .

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2006, 05:30:01 PM »
Typical Ronnie fan lol Yates is offseason untanned , no oil and not complimentary lighting , needless to say he is more than holding his own in that pic .

They always do this ND.. They wouldn't dare to post off season pics of Ronnie
I am a mini beast

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2006, 05:33:43 PM »
They always do this ND.. They wouldn't dare to post off season pics of Ronnie

Ronnie is like the guys in the magizine ads over and over again, he starts off every year fat as shit and then diets for 4-5 months so he can come in with decent conditioning for one show.
I