Author Topic: Dorian Yates kicks Ronnie's ass Hulkster is a punk Bitch and fuck any truce  (Read 3100001 times)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: Hulkster I'm calling for a Truce
« Reply #19975 on: January 09, 2007, 11:18:19 PM »
Dorian is only 1 inch shorter than Ronnie, and most of the weight discrepancy came from Dorian's huge midsection. It may have been more detailed and hard, but it was still a huge muscular waist.

Please tell me how you came to this conclusion. This sounds very similar to a suckymymuscle post :(

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #19976 on: January 09, 2007, 11:18:54 PM »
it's easy to see where a lot of Dorian's "extra" weight came from.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19977 on: January 09, 2007, 11:20:44 PM »
The problem is, you only compare Ronnie to Flex and Kevin who had pathetic development in comparison to Ronnie. Put a 93 Yates on that 99 stage with Coleman, and promise me, it would be a titanic clash ;)
haha I think you got me mixed up with the Hulkster as I have made no comparisons to Wheeler and Ronnie's other counterparts. But judging from his solo pictures even, ronnie looks big as fuck, and certainly bigger and better (opinion) than Dorian. I do know that pics can be deceiving though so it would be interesting to see them both on stage. i.e. if some getbig experts would oblige to do that for us in order to kill this thread.
follow the arrows

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #19978 on: January 09, 2007, 11:22:16 PM »
it's easy to see where a lot of Dorian's "extra" weight came from.

That is hardly a reliable way to tell any neo. You have a 260lb Dorian standing next to a 205 Ray and 215 Flex. Dorian's waist was wider than Ronnie's, but it was no larger in size.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19979 on: January 09, 2007, 11:27:19 PM »
The problem is, you only compare Ronnie to Flex and Kevin who had pathetic development in comparison to Ronnie. Put a 93 Yates on that 99 stage with Coleman, and promise me, it would be a titanic clash ;)
wait...what?! Kevin was a beast! One of the few guys who can match (beat) Ronnie on the side chest!
follow the arrows

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #19980 on: January 09, 2007, 11:28:14 PM »
That is hardly a reliable way to tell any neo. You have a 260lb Dorian standing next to a 205 Ray and 215 Flex. Dorian's waist was wider than Ronnie's, but it was no larger in size.

I'm not comparing Dorian to Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler. I'm comparing him to Ronnie. You can tell just by looking at their waist size relative to their upper bodies that Dorian's midsection was much larger. Dorian's waist was as wide as his chest while Ronnie's looks very narrow in relation to his upper body.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #19981 on: January 09, 2007, 11:31:57 PM »
here's pics comparing their guts from the side.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #19982 on: January 09, 2007, 11:32:45 PM »
I'm not comparing Dorian to Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler. I'm comparing him to Ronnie. You can tell just by looking at their waist size relative to their upper bodies that Dorian's midsection was much larger. Dorian's waist was as wide as his chest while Ronnie's looks very narrow in relation to his upper body.

You cannot post separate pictures and compare them. If they are both on the stage at the same time, both have very similar sized midsections, period. Dorian's waist is wider, but that's about it.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19983 on: January 09, 2007, 11:36:22 PM »
You cannot post separate pictures and compare them. If they are both on the stage at the same time, both have very similar sized midsections, period. Dorian's waist is wider, but that's about it.
The added width does add volume to his gut, even though it may protrude just as much. It definitely looks worse and kills his taper in certain poses.
follow the arrows

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #19984 on: January 09, 2007, 11:37:34 PM »
The added width does add volume to his gut, even though it may protrude just as much. It definitely looks worse and kills his taper in certain poses.

Ronnie had a more protruding gut than Dorian did. Dorian may have had a wider waist, however, Ronnie's gut stuck out more. Therefore, the volumes were roughly similar. Plus, I think Dorian had an outstanding taper for a man of his size and muscularity and genetically wide waist.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19985 on: January 09, 2007, 11:40:48 PM »
I'm not so sure if what you claim is true about the 98-99 Ronnie. But you make a good point about Yates managing a phenomenal taper in certain poses... his front lat is by far one of the best I have ever seen.
follow the arrows

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #19986 on: January 09, 2007, 11:40:58 PM »
Another thing to note. Look at the lighting in that last picture I posted of Dorian - very dark and similar to that like Ronnie had in 99 - and notice you see individual fibers in Dorian's shoulders. The lighting and background at the 93 Olympia was bright and not great for Dorian. Just another reason I think it would be a closer battle between Ronnie and Dorian than you all think ;)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #19987 on: January 09, 2007, 11:41:18 PM »

you can most definately compare the sizes of their waists by looking at their midsections in relation to the rest of their body. We know they are almost the same height and weight. Dorian's waist is much wider than Ronnie's and sticks out just as far. It also contained a great deal more solid muscle. His obliques were more developed and his abs were dryer. Ronnie carried some water in his midsection. Lean muscle tissue weighs more than water b/c it is a solid. Therefore, Dorian carried considerably more weight in his midsection than Ronnie.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #19988 on: January 09, 2007, 11:42:40 PM »
you can most definately compare the sizes of their waists by looking at their midsections in relation to the rest of their body. We know they are almost the same height and weight. Dorian's waist is much wider than Ronnie's and sticks out just as far. It also contained a  great deal more solid muscle. His obliques were more developed and his abs were dryer. Ronnie carried some water in his midsection. Lean muscle tissue weighs more than water b/c it is a solid. Therefore, Dorian carried considerably more weight in his midsection than Ronnie.

??? :-X

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19989 on: January 09, 2007, 11:42:55 PM »
you can most definately compare the sizes of their waists by looking at their midsections in relation to the rest of their body. We know they are almost the same height and weight. Dorian's waist is much wider than Ronnie's and sticks out just as far. It also contained a great deal more solid muscle. His obliques were more developed and his abs were dryer. Ronnie carried some water in his midsection. Lean muscle tissue weighs more than water b/c it is a solid. Therefore, Dorian carried considerably more weight in his midsection than Ronnie.
Probably doesnt account for that much LBM, come on now...
follow the arrows

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #19990 on: January 09, 2007, 11:44:39 PM »

thank you, I've been saying this for a while but the Dorian side thinks I'm crazy. Both Ronnie's and Dorian's guts stuck out the same. However, Dorian's waist was much wider than Ronnie's which multiplies total volume.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #19991 on: January 09, 2007, 11:45:29 PM »

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #19992 on: January 09, 2007, 11:46:07 PM »
thank you, I've been saying this for a while but the Dorian side thinks I'm crazy. Both Ronnie's and Dorian's guts stuck out the same. However, Dorian's waist was much wider than Ronnie's which multiplies total volume.

You act as if a gut is solid muscle - quite the contrary, it is mostly space taken up by organs and gas. So there goes your theory that Dorian's muscularity advantage is due solely to his midsection :-\

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #19993 on: January 09, 2007, 11:46:50 PM »
Dorian's front double biceps was outstanding in 1993.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #19994 on: January 09, 2007, 11:48:43 PM »
Probably doesnt account for that much LBM, come on now...

I wouldn't be surprised if he carried 10 lbs more than Ronnie in that midsection.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19995 on: January 09, 2007, 11:50:33 PM »
Another thing to note. Look at the lighting in that last picture I posted of Dorian - very dark and similar to that like Ronnie had in 99 - and notice you see individual fibers in Dorian's shoulders. The lighting and background at the 93 Olympia was bright and not great for Dorian. Just another reason I think it would be a closer battle between Ronnie and Dorian than you all think ;)
Ronnie displays better striations in the English grand prix pics with very bright lighting ;) Those pics were thought to be THE best set of ronnie pics before Hulskter found the 99 ones, which IMO sealed the deal in Ronnie's favour long ago. So I'm not sure how far the darker lighting argument is gonna carry for Dorian. Darker or brighter lighting can hurt or improve one's look in certain pictures and poses, that is for sure.

Last post for the night, I'm off to bed fellow nuthuggers.
follow the arrows

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #19996 on: January 09, 2007, 11:52:40 PM »
You act as if a gut is solid muscle - quite the contrary, it is mostly space taken up by organs and gas. So there goes your theory that Dorian's muscularity advantage is due solely to his midsection

trust me, I know the midsection contains more than just muscle. Dorian's midsection was much wider than Ronnie's which means there was more tissue inside it. In addition to thicker obliques and abdominal muscles, Dorian also had more organ tissue. It's not just empty space inside the abdominal cavity.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #19997 on: January 10, 2007, 01:45:10 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he carried 10 lbs more than Ronnie in that midsection.

Again you post a transition shot from Yates while Ronnie is holding his midsection tight , here look at Ronnie's midsection at the same contest  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19998 on: January 10, 2007, 01:48:39 AM »
More  ;) Ronnie may have a narrower waist but his gut sucks period , just like Dorian both had a gut howevere whats the sense of having a nice narrow waist if his whole midsection sucks? and when Dorian's midsection is held tight it gets smaller

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19999 on: January 10, 2007, 01:50:22 AM »
More from 99