Author Topic: Tribute to the Legendary Gary Strydom  (Read 119871 times)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: TRIBUTE TO THE LEGENDARY GARY STRYDOM
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2011, 03:47:33 AM »

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2011, 03:50:38 AM »
Are you still in Thailand Gary ?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2011, 03:55:48 AM »
Some good pics in the sun , cant copy them here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pete90291/325607706/

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2011, 04:10:40 AM »
Gary,

Any regrets going to WBF? I know it put alot of money in the pockets of people like you and Jimmy Quinn but it seems it hurt alot of you when some came back to the IFBB.

Also thanks for being thick skinned and putting up with some of the ass clowns here...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2011, 04:41:00 AM »
You think to highly of The Tank

Gary won 5 IFBB pro shows , John never won any , he had a good physique but nothing exceptional
I believe he won the Niagara Falls Pro in 94, I had thd Ironman magazine which featured that yrs NOC and Niagara Falls Pro...
Shawn Ray only won 1 or 2---there are many paths to Rome. Winning shows, depending on the competition available, and placing in the top five or top 6 in shows for many yrs (like Shawn Ray), winning a ton of shows, but never winning the big one (like Vince Taylor, Levrone, and Flex), or winning multiples of major shows (like Flex and the Arnold/Ironman, and Chris Cormier and the Ironman).

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2011, 05:01:08 AM »
All rugs
O

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2011, 05:19:02 AM »
Gary is good people....classic Getbig idiots.  You have a bodybuilding legend like Gary here, and do nothing but throw out  bullshit and talk like a bunch of retards...

He's traveled the world, been a part of BB history, and has lots of great stories about his competitive days against some of the best BBers in the world...

man...I would have given anything to have had the opportunity to dialogue with Arnold, Franco, Park, Reeves, Zane, and all the greats I grew up looking at in the muscle mags. 

Some of you really  need to re evaluate why you exist and waste precious time on a BB forum...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2011, 05:27:22 AM »
Gary is good people....classic Getbig idiots.  You have a bodybuilding legend like Gary here, and do nothing but throw out  bullshit and talk like a bunch of retards...

He's traveled the world, been a part of BB history, and has lots of great stories about his competitive days against some of the best BBers in the world...

man...I would have given anything to have had the opportunity to dialogue with Arnold, Franco, Park, Reeves, Zane, and all the greats I grew up looking at in the muscle mags. 

Some of you really  need to re evaluate why you exist and waste precious time on a BB forum...
True, about the ones highlighted. This all started when Blockhead states that Gary was one of the all time greatest, and was legendary...he's not that...
Nor mentioning him in the same post with Arnold, Zane, Reeves and Park...those are legends. Gary is and always will be a footnote. Furthermore, if a dude gonna show up, and talk like he is "legendary", ain't anybody gonna fold and be like "Oh Gary, how awesome!", and then change our tune, at least we are
consistent. At least you can say that about us.
And if that is Gary, damn dude sounds like a 15 yr old---I guess it's true, bbing is for those wo have a problem growing up.

Swlabr

« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2011, 05:28:34 AM »
So tell us about your AAS/GH/insulin use, Gary. :)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2011, 05:37:46 AM »
True, about the ones highlighted. This all started when Blockhead states that Gary was one of the all time greatest, and was legendary...he's not that...
Nor mentioning him in the same post with Arnold, Zane, Reeves and Park...those are legends. Gary is and always will be a footnote. Furthermore, if a dude gonna show up, and talk like he is "legendary", ain't anybody gonna fold and be like "Oh Gary, how awesome!", and then change our tune, at least we are
consistent. At least you can say that about us.
And if that is Gary, damn dude sounds like a 15 yr old---I guess it's true, bbing is for those wo have a problem growing up.

I'm not comparing Gary with the names I mentioned...point was...that those were the names I grew up with and would haves LOVED to have been able to dialogue with them...you guys have had many opportunities to do so with plenty of greats like Lee Haney, Rich Gaspari, Shawn Ray, Dorian, Ronnie,  LeVrone, etc....and plenty of bona fide legends on sites like Shawn Perines...

Unfortunately...here are few here who have ever even seen the inside of a gym, much less, have any real interest in BB....or the history of the sport.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2011, 05:38:43 AM »

>:(

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2011, 05:39:08 AM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2011, 05:40:54 AM »
First before anything this is a bodybuilding board.  You have one of the biggest legends in the game and you guys talk smack about him.  No wonder as big as this board is that no pro wants to be a part of it.   Gary was at one point the number one bodybuilder in the world regardless of what federation he competed in.  On top of it he was a fantastic business man who made big money when the other top guys were living in poverty.  

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2011, 05:43:03 AM »
Sure you can  ;)
haha ok  ;D

Gary what do you think of Female BB ? gone to far ?

And this is tame  :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2011, 05:43:27 AM »
 :o

He looks outstanding no doubts about it

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2011, 05:48:15 AM »
Hell yeah!! Great BB from the past  8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2011, 05:49:34 AM »
I believe he won the Niagara Falls Pro in 94, I had thd Ironman magazine which featured that yrs NOC and Niagara Falls Pro...
Shawn Ray only won 1 or 2---there are many paths to Rome. Winning shows, depending on the competition available, and placing in the top five or top 6 in shows for many yrs (like Shawn Ray), winning a ton of shows, but never winning the big one (like Vince Taylor, Levrone, and Flex), or winning multiples of major shows (like Flex and the Arnold/Ironman, and Chris Cormier and the Ironman).

He never won a show , he placed second to Henderson Thorne at that show.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2011, 05:51:48 AM »

I see your point but gary is not making anything better, acting like a retard and calling out other forum members, he is going as low as anybody else. Imo he is asking for more shit (and he is getting it). He should show some class, like Phil when he is around here, or else he is just another getbigger and he is going to get treated like one.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2011, 05:52:29 AM »
how many wig jokes were told in this thread?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2011, 05:55:55 AM »
He never won a show , he placed second to Henderson Thorne at that show.
Henderson's physique is like a spark plug  :-\ he has nothing on Gary - shit judges must of been having a bad day  ???

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2011, 05:59:02 AM »
Dear G, do you or did you fill holes in the desert? ;D J/K man, you did and you still do have an awesome physique, so much props to you sir.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: October 22, 2011, 06:09:41 AM »
Henderson's physique is like a spark plug  :-\ he has nothing on Gary - shit judges must of been having a bad day  ???

No , no , John Sherman never won a pro show and the contest Parker thought John won , it was actually Henderson Thorne who won it ( Niagara Pro 1994 ) 

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2011, 06:15:36 AM »
Robert,

Point taken but Mr Strydom seemed to be rather angry that people had criticised his back and was talking a little bit of smack himself... This is tantamount to holding up a red rag to a bull on here.

O

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2011, 06:16:10 AM »
No , no , John Sherman never won a pro show and the contest Parker thought John won , it was actually Henderson Thorne who won it ( Niagara Pro 1994 ) 

Ahh got ya .. He still looks like a spark plug though  :D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2011, 06:25:22 AM »
I always like Garys physique but I think my man Jeff King would have buried him if circumstances were different back in the day for Jeff.

Circumstances were that your boy didn't want to test himself against the best in the world...amateur or pro. 

Would've loved to have seen him, as well as other " uncrowned champs" ...on stage with the other best in the business...