Author Topic: Sumo Deadlift BETTER than squats  (Read 3203 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Sumo Deadlift BETTER than squats
« on: May 07, 2006, 07:10:02 AM »
Sumo DL allows you to handle more weight than squats, works a similar range of motion, and challanges your grip strength.  You also don't need a power rack to train them.

they are superior to squats!!!

I still squat but I would sooner drop squats from my routine then sumo deads.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Sumo Deadlift BETTER than squats
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 07:45:38 AM »
no they dont you jackass, tell me how sumo deads are going to hit the lower part of the legs or the quad sweep, they may build the inner part of the leg a little bit but mostly you'll just build huge ass hips doing that movement, total waste of time.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Odinn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 08:03:22 AM »
Handle more weight than squats? Where did you get that crap from?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 08:58:04 AM »
Handle more weight than squats? Where did you get that crap from?

check irongame.com you will find that pretty much every sumo style deadlifter (that is most of them) sumos more than he squats.

and sarcasm to hit the quat you have to do them on a platform, to get a fuller range of motion.  More than anything though it is a big compound movement that will make you grow all over.

Odinn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 09:30:28 AM »
check irongame.com you will find that pretty much every sumo style deadlifter (that is most of them) sumos more than he deadlifts.

and sarcasm to hit the quat you have to do them on a platform, to get a fuller range of motion.  More than anything though it is a big compound movement that will make you grow all over.

Um, sumo is a deadlift

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 12:03:34 PM »
check irongame.com you will find that pretty much every sumo style deadlifter (that is most of them) sumos more than he deadlifts.

bullshit, some of the biggest all time deads were pulled conventional style, Mark Henry, Gary Heisey, Dan Wohleber, Bill Kazmaier, Don Reinhoudt, Jon Cole, Andy Bolton, Benedickt Magnusson all pulled conventional, the only guys i can think of who pulled monster DL's sumo are Ed Coan and Dave Pasanella and Coan eventually switched to conventional after an injury.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 12:41:56 PM »
yeah I don't know where you are getting this crap either.  Sumo and conventional deads are good back, glute and sumo builders but they have nothing on either front or regular squats when it comes to building quad mass.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 02:35:57 PM »
yeah I don't know where you are getting this crap either.  Sumo and conventional deads are good back, glute and sumo builders but they have nothing on either front or regular squats when it comes to building quad mass.

show me a bodybuilder who has good hams and crap quads and I will concede this point.  The fact is that most people have laggin posterior chains and this is what should be prioritized

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 02:37:14 PM »
Um, sumo is a deadlift

this was a typo on my part, SORRY.

I meant to say sumos more than squats and I corrected it in the original post.  SO the point is that sumo is more powerful than squats.  Your objection was merritless

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 02:49:58 PM »
this was a typo on my part, SORRY.

I meant to say sumos more than squats and I corrected it in the original post.  SO the point is that sumo is more powerful than squats.  Your objection was merritless

more powerful how?  you mean you can lift more deadlifting than squating?  wow, big news flash there!!!

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 03:00:34 PM »
more powerful how?  you mean you can lift more deadlifting than squating?  wow, big news flash there!!!

It's certainly not news to me, but it apparently is to our friend Odinn.  So next time read the previous responses before you post, fucknut.