Author Topic: arm problem  (Read 1696 times)

wanna be huge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
arm problem
« on: May 08, 2006, 11:16:57 PM »
guys ,
i ve my left ARM 1/4 inch smaller than my right arm . what to do for that ?

wanna be huge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: arm problem
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 09:16:58 AM »
suprise , no body knows ???

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 09:57:48 AM »
It's normal
:

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 10:15:29 AM »
Same issue here.  It's not noticeable to the human eye, so don't worry about it.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 10:30:01 AM »
The dominate side will always take the lead in just about anything. If your born right handed, than the right hand. Left side, left handed. Even the shoulders can be a bit wider on one side than the other. Though there are exceptions to this rule. When exercising, nature will usually favor the stronger side as regards ,muscle involvement,blood flow, recovery, etc. Using a BB, weither aware of it or not, the stronger side will lead and take the larger percentage of the muscle action unless focus is directed to both sides throughout any lift.  Might try DB's over BB when hitting the arms for awhile. But after that,even if there has be noticeable improvement, the dominate side could remain a little bit larger than the weaker side.

Some mothers or teachers will try to have a child change their natural left handed writing to the right side. So growing up the child will favor the right hand when writing but the left side is still the dominate one. Good Luck.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 12:37:14 PM »
Mine are different sizes also but my stronger arm is actually smaller...weird.

8)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 12:40:16 PM »
Thinking more of your problem for a second, I've read thatto address an imbalance, focus more on dumbell exercises, so your weak side does not depend on your strong side in performing the exercise

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 01:21:21 PM »
It's true for most people--

I am right-handed but my left arm is stronger and larger-- In my case it's not from lifting weights but from carrying multiple bags of groceries in that hand so my right hand is free to open the car door. :'(

My left foot is also larger...go figure.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 02:20:12 PM »
The thing is a lot of people who were born left handed were encouraged to use the right hand from early childhood (due to whatever phobia's or social pressures to conform the parents had at the time..... some cultures still think of left handness as being evil, stupid or bad luck..but in baseball it's a great gift for a pitcher). Of course little kid's are not going to remember that mommy dearest stressed right over natural left . After time the programing of the right hand to be dominte can match or increase the size & strength over the natural select hand. But in the long run, who really cares anyway.

Runnerbabe is right handed but carries the heavy stuff in her left hand. Instinctive selection of her natural dominite side at birth? (wonder what side is prefered when a baby is carried?) Or programing of the right hand to conform more to what is expected as being normal. Or if she had a truck like me she could just throw the stuff onto the bed and forget about it. Her petite size 3 foot is a might larger than the right...go figure indeed. But again, who really cares? Good Luck.

wanna be huge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 12:07:11 AM »
thanks all,
will trry  DBs