Author Topic: ever feel like you just didnt hit it hard enough?  (Read 1560 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
ever feel like you just didnt hit it hard enough?
« on: May 09, 2006, 06:19:53 AM »
should you continue to work out? or just call it a day and hit it harder tomorrow? i completed the training regimen wrote out for the day..but overall compared to last week the day felt fuckin weak...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: ever feel like you just didnt hit it hard enough?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 06:41:46 AM »
If you're at the end of the workout, you could go back and do a few sets here and there. What was different this week compared to last week? Maybe you had something on the back of your mind and couldn't focus. That can totally destroy any workout.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 06:57:28 AM »
well when i work out alone i seem to push it and am in a different mindset than when i'm with my training partner...sometimes i benefit and sometimes it feels like i'm better off alone..

like yesterday for chest we did

inclines

135x15x1 for warm ups, 200x10x1,250x8x1,275x8x1,315x6x1

declines

i'm not even gonna list what i did for declines...frankly it was fucking pathetic on the hammer strength machine...a device i have yet to get used to and feels very awkward to me but we banged out a few sets anyway

flat bench flyes

55'sx10x1, 60'x10x1,70'sx8x1,80'sx6x1  THAT felt good...gas'd at the end but over all it was nice...

benching machine *not sure what it's called but you sit up straight and press out...

5 sets with 285lbs...

and in the end i felt like a tool...when last week i was touching much heavier weights and alot more sets on the flat bench and incline... i think we actually used too severe an incline and i felt hte load more in my shoulders than i did my chest...and sitting in the truck in parking lot i wanted to go back and do another 5 sets on the bench..now i know there was no way in hell i could do that...i dindt leave feeling satisfied.  mental block maybe?

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 10:13:51 AM »
Focus makes your workout much better.  Also why declines?? Focus on incline,flat and flyes. There is no reason to really work on declines unless your lower chest is so far lacking.  gravity will normally pull your lower chest down anyway.  The more upper pec size you have the more your lower chest will develop as well.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 10:30:28 AM »
lol my lower chest is far from lacking...it's why i'm thinking of putting more emphasis on inclines and incline flyes first in my training than anything else...

i just hate getting hyped about about training that day then feeling like i failed! maybe i should get an ipod..or cute little cheer leader to follow me around! :D

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 10:42:08 AM »
It happens to me sometimes, when I'm worried about something that needs to be done around the house, or something that's stressful at work.  One of the hardest days for me is back day, I don't mind doing the workout but my back is always lagging behind.  I love bicep day, just wish I would actually get some arch to the bicep.  Genetics suck in my family!

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 05:08:25 PM »
it happens to us all, never go back and do more to make up for it. ussally when u have that type of workout your still pumped up as f----. just hit it hard next time dude.

brianmcg123

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 04:51:48 AM »
LOL. 

I thought this thread was going to be about hooking up with a stripper or some skank.
It never gets easier.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 06:33:01 AM »
Posted on: Today at 04:51:48 AMPosted by: brianmcg123 
Insert Quote
LOL. 

I thought this thread was going to be about hooking up with a stripper or some skank. 

Hahah you made me laugh my ass off

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 06:38:52 AM »
I ahd one of thoughs crappy workouts today, started well but on my 2nd set of DB bench, i should have got 8 then increased weight for next set, well all i got was 6 and i didnt even bother with the other set,i was toast.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 06:47:28 AM »
that the good thing about being consistent, sometime you go with all the energy and have a crappy workout sometime you force you tired body there and have a great workout, it all shakes out in the end.plus the body kind of develops a warning buzzer when you have a bad workout i go over in my head what could be the issue (food,timing/overtraining/undertraining/sleep/work/ect) and try to make changes in my next workout, or even sometimes redo the workout exactly a couple of days later.either way consistency is the key.