Author Topic: The S.A.I.S. (Nutrex) Training Program-what do you guys think?  (Read 1436 times)

andrethegiant

• Getbig I
What do you guys think of this program for a natural?

The S.A.I.S. Training Program

Monday: Chest, biceps

Bench press (free weights, barbell) 3 sets 6 reps (fast-twitch white muscle fibers)

Incline press (free weights, barbell) 2 sets 10 reps (intermediate muscle fibers)

Vertical bench press (machine) 1 set 20 reps (slow-twitch red muscle fibers)

Barbell curls (shoulder wide grip) 3 sets 6 reps (fast-twitch white muscle fibers)

Dumbbell curls (seated) 2 sets 10 reps (intermediate muscle fibers)

EZ-barbell curls (narrow grip) 1 set 20 reps (slow-twitch red muscle fibers)

Tuesday: Legs       

Squats (free weights, barbell)  3 sets 6 reps  (fast-twitch white muscle fibers)

Leg press (machine)  2 sets 10 reps (intermediate muscle fibers)

Hack squats (machine)  1 set 20 reps  (slow-twitch muscle fibers)

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Shoulders, triceps

Behind the neck press (free weights, barbell)  3 sets 6 reps (fast-twitch white muscle fibers)

Standing upright rows (free weights, EZ-barbell)  2 sets 10 reps  (intermediate muscle fibers)

Front overhead press (machine)  1 set 20 reps (slow-twitch red muscle fibers)

Lying triceps press (free weights, EZ-barbell)  3 sets 6 reps (fast-twitch white muscle fibers)

Overhead triceps press (free weights, EZ-barbell)  2 sets 10 reps  (intermediate muscle fibers)

Triceps pushdown (machine, cable)  1 set 20 reps (slow-twitch red muscle fibers)

Friday: Back, calves

Front latpulldown (machine, shoulder wide grip)  3 sets  6 reps (fast-twitch white muscle fibers)

Seated cable rows (machine, narrow grip)  2 sets 10 reps  (intermediate muscle fibers)

Dumbbell rows (one arm at a time)  1 set 20 reps (slow-twitch red muscle fibers)

Standing calf raises (machine)  3 sets  6 reps  (fast-twitch white muscle fibers)

Seated calf raises (machine)  2 sets  10 reps (intermediate muscle fibers)

Bend-over calf raises (machine)  1 set  20 reps (slow-twitch red muscle fibers)

Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off

Note: As previously mentioned, each muscle group is trained with a total of six sets. These six sets are split up into three different exercises. The first exercise consists of three sets (sets 1&2&3) and targets the fast-twitch white muscle fibers. On all three sets, a weight should be selected that allows the trainee to get exactly six reps on his own before muscle failure sets in. A rest period of 5 minutes should be taken between each of these sets. After the third set and following a subsequent five minute rest, the athlete moves on to another exercise and carries out sets 4&5, which stimulate the intermediate muscle fibers. For sets 4&5, a weight should be selected with which a maximum of 10 reps can be performed without assistance, i.e., muscle failure should occur after the tenth rep. A three minute rest should be taken between sets 4&5. After the fifth set, another three-minute rest is to be taken before it’s time to turn to the third and final exercise, which comprises the sixth and final set for this muscle group. Set 6 promotes growth of the slow-twitch red muscle fibers. A weight must be selected with which the athlete, by applying all his physical and mental capacities, is able to perform 20 slow and concentrated reps. After completing set 6, a ten minute rest should be taken, before the process described above is to be repeated with another muscle group. Anyone who performs six sets per muscle group in such a manner is guaranteed that all muscle components are maximally stimulated. This results in a dramatic muscle growth within a few short weeks.

Note: It is recommended that the athlete does a light warm-up set with 20 reps for the first exercise of each muscle group. The weight for this warm-up set should be about 30% of the weight used for the first heavy training set. In regards to chest training this means for example, that prior to bench presses, a light warm-up set of 20 reps should be performed at 30% of the weight that will be used for the first heavy set of 6 reps. Such a warm-up set is not to be performed for the following chest exercises since the chest muscles are already adequately warmed up. It should also be noted that the weight probably has to be reduced for set 2 and set 3 in most exercises, since muscle strength begins to decrease somewhat after set 1, and the athlete runs the risk of being unable to complete all six reps. The same principle applies to sets 4&5. It is also recommended to slightly reduce the weight after set 4, in order to get up to 10 reps in set 5. Abdominal and forearm training is not included in the S.A.I.S. Training Program, since these muscle groups are trained indirectly in almost all exercises. In order to ensure maximum muscle growth, all cardio training should be temporarily avoided. The S.A.I.S. Training Program should be performed over a six-week period.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: The S.A.I.S. (Nutrex) Training Program-what do you guys think?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 08:13:26 AM »
Where did u get all that from??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: The S.A.I.S. (Nutrex) Training Program-what do you guys think?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 10:53:38 AM »
Have u used it with success?
Just wandering how folk cum up with these workouts,interesting.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah